Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

To give GATV guy some credit, he didn't mean the whole 'mobilizing' comment as a bad thing... Anyways, this was his response to some twitter person complaining about the Olicity fans cheating. 

CL5uRh7XAAApTDp.jpg

• Love 1

There are a lot of fun people in the fandom who spend their personal time spreading the word about polls like the GATV ones (and others), organize vote-a-thons for contests where you can vote more than once, put together fun fandom projects and such. I think that if you aren't a fan of the pairing, it's easy to believe that there's a fandom nerve center with a couple hundred really rabid people who vote repeatedly, rig contests, tweet to the EPs and writers, and put asks in MG's mailbox. Seems to me that it's just a group of fans who hoped something would come of O&F, but never expected it, and are more willing to vote in things like this and be vocal about things that make them happy and they want to see.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

To his credit, I also think if he wanted to really force his agenda he could have altered the vote counts or just made his choices and announced them as the winner (under the guise of votes). There really is nothing from stopping him from manipulating the results. But it seems like the results are pretty unaltered and without any major shockers. The only categories that seemed a little off were the ones that had slightly faulty premises to begin with. Frankly, it wasn't the best put together survey. That being said, it was fun to see how it all shook out in the end.

Personally, I don't trust the majority of these online votes to be accurate & unbiased, not because I think people cheat but because so many sites have their own agendas for the results. Also, a lot of them are not properly put together surveys/questionnaires. They don't hire trained researchers to properly write or analyze the data. Also, this isn't a major election or awards show, so I doubt they all get accredited accountants to tally the votes. I have the same feeling when it comes to reality shows. Yes the country's vote is important and counted, but we all know the producers can (& sometimes do) have a hand in who wins, loses or goes home. Its all in the fine print.

I sorta feel bad for the guy, he's not getting the results that he personally wants and he still needs to report them. His shade and snarktastic comments are probably a coping mechanism or at least a venting strategy for him.

• Love 4

Honestly, I didn't see any mobilization like I have for other polls. A few reminders to vote and people letting others know when the polls re-opened. It certainly didn't seem like TCAs, E!Online, MTV. Even the ComicBook poll seemed to get more of a push after it left Felicity off the list.

He also said the numbers didn't seem any higher then usual. I think he would have mentioned if they great a huge boost. That just makes me think that the people who vote in the polls, don't spend a lot of time in the comment sections. They probably go just to check the news or read the interviews. 

• Love 2

Reading Craig's twitter -- someone asked and he replied that the Favorite Character category got 3354 votes total: https://twitter.com/GreenArrowTV/status/629773397736558593

Breakdown of votes:

https://twitter.com/GreenArrowTV/status/629773245403639809

In that category: Felicity 1926 - Oliver 448 - Laurel 296 - Malcolm 132 - Diggle 101 - Roy 100 - everyone else under that

This tells me O/F fans did NOT flood the polls. They low-key participated, because less than 2000 unique votes for Felicity? That's super duper low engagement from her fans.

• Love 4

I don't think any accredited accountants were involved in this, but the Green Arrow TV Twitter feed did release specific voting numbers for one category:

"In that category: Felicity 1926 - Oliver 448 - Laurel 296 - Malcolm 132 - Diggle 101 - Roy 100 - everyone else under that"

Whoops, I see Dtissagirl got there before I did. And yes, I'd agree that this suggests that no one flooded the polls - the voting numbers are close to the IMDB voting numbers, suggesting that about the same number of viewers are engaged enough to vote in both or either site.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 2

Which does make you wonder, considering this site and its users seem to lean heavily toward Laurel and BC, where are the votes for her? 300? This is the one site where they could have easily "mobilized" their fandom to show their support.

• Love 3

Reading Craig's twitter -- someone asked and he replied that the Favorite Character category got 3354 votes total: https://twitter.com/GreenArrowTV/status/629773397736558593

Breakdown of votes:

https://twitter.com/GreenArrowTV/status/629773245403639809

This tells me O/F fans did NOT flood the polls. They low-key participated, because less than 2000 unique votes for Felicity? That's super duper low engagement from her fans.

If i recall it correctly GATV polls were open during the voting for the Epolls TCA's and the MTV ship award, fandom was busy with more important polls. Also a lot of FS fans and Olicity fans ignore GATV

You have until Sunday, August 16, at 8 AM EST to vote in these polls...

1st Annual Just About Write Golden Trio Awards — DRAMA, COMEDY AND SPECIAL CATEGORY NOMINEES
http://www.itsjustaboutwrite.com/2015/08/1st-annual-just-about-write-golden-trio.html

DRAMA CATEGORY:
-- SA is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
-- DR is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
-- EBR is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
-- Arrow is nominated for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
-- Arrow is nominated for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series

SPECIAL CATEGORY:
-- Oliver/Felicity is nominated for OTP of the Year
-- Original Team Arrow is nominated for BrOTP of the Year
-- SA is nominated for Social Media King
-- EBR is nominated for Social Media Queen

Edited by tv echo

Which does make you wonder, considering this site and its users seem to lean heavily toward Laurel and BC, where are the votes for her? 300? This is the one site where they could have easily "mobilized" their fandom to show their support.

I suspect there aren't that many "Laurel is my favorite character" fans. more like "she's got the Black Canary suit now, cool" fans.

However, given that the site itself seems biased against Felicity, I can see people who have to decide between Felicity and one or two other people like Oliver or Diggle, deciding to vote for Felicity just to try to balance it out.  So ironically, because they don't like Felicity much, they may be sweeping more votes to her side.

I don't think he sees himself as biased per se, but putting in Thea/DJ (who nobody cared about) and Quentin/Donna, who haven't even met yet, and leaving out Felicity/Diggle and then saying it was justified because there were few write-ins for them, does suggest an unconscious bias.

Donna Smoak got best guest star? Both Nyssa and Barry deserved that way more imo. 

Barry has his own show though, and Nyssa has been on so much she doesn't feel like a guest star any more. I think of Donna as competing with characters like Danny Brickwell and Zytle, although Maseo and Tatsu beat all three of them for me.

• Love 3

I suspect there aren't that many "Laurel is my favorite character" fans. more like "she's got the Black Canary suit now, cool" fans.

However, given that the site itself seems biased against Felicity, I can see people who have to decide between Felicity and one or two other people like Oliver or Diggle, deciding to vote for Felicity just to try to balance it out.  So ironically, because they don't like Felicity much, they may be sweeping more votes to her side.

I never cared much about voting in polls, but given the hate thrown Felicity's way I'm voting whenever I see something pop up. And I do that as a fan who wasn't thrilled with a lot of the characterization this season. 

I think some fans are trying to equate criticism of Felicity with praise for Laurel. A decrease in popularity with Felicity doesn't mean Laurel's going to get an increase in popularity. Despite what comment sections may say, I don't think much has changed from last summer till now. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 8

People who dislike her seem to bring her up an awful lot, though.

I can say for myself as someone who dislikes her very much,I mostly talk about her in the sense of wondering how much longer the writers will hang on to a failed character and how many more storylines will they throw at her to try and make people like her.I've never seen anything quite like what they're doing with Laurel so it's kinda an interesting topic to me. 

• Love 6

People who dislike her seem to bring her up an awful lot, though.

But for someone who is supposed to be the lead she surely isn't thought about where it counts. Maybe I should explain myself more in posts. lol

I've seen some fans of hers use that prism award against fans of Emily and Emily. I'm sorry but that whole arc was a joke. There were others who deserved it more who were nominated. It depends on who you know I guess in the industry. If we are to believe the stories about her and her family.

Very interesting results, especially considering the reputation/orientation of the site...and even more interestingly, not so different from what I feel is the mainstream opinion on this very board.

Chad the DJ, although seemingly horrible, was a non-entity to me and would belong more to a "worst guest" category. He didn't have the same impact on plots and characters (and for the worst imo) than a Laurel or a Ray.

• Love 3

Seriously, he's the one to remake that poll? I never venture into that subforum because they make GATV look moderate, but I was mostly joking when I said the comic canon people are trying to re-do the poll to get the results they want. 

Edited by lemotomato

So Apple4 was so disappointed in the GATV results he went to another anti Felicity/Olicity site in hopes of getting the results he wanted?

Hah.  I don't even go to Reddit but because of that....guess what.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

Apple4, I missed his crazy. 

Should we all mobilize to get the same results as the GATV one?  Or I'll wonder if he'll just fix the votes to come out in the favor he wants. 

Edited by Sakura12

Haha. Oh, Apple. How sad. There are some sites that O/F and F fans ignore because they're filled with hate. Of course the poll will get a different result. 

Apple4, I missed his crazy. 

Should we all mobilize to get the same results as the GATV one?  Or I'll wonder if he'll just fix the votes to come out in the favor he wants. 

I was just thinking, it would be hysterical if this ended up with the same results as GATV but my guess is, he'd lie anyway so there's no real point.

Edited by Morrigan2575

More power to him, I say. If that's the only way to get TPTB to see support for his favorite characters then so be it (assuming TPTB even pay attention to Reddit). It doesn't necessarily outweigh the other polls whose results say otherwise.

Well, we'll know if we see Laurel win all the ones she's in, with Diggle and maybe Oliver winning the male ones. 

Diggle could actually win a few polls in that voting, he's listed (besides the normal ones) also for best actress, favorite writer, favorite director and best villain. I thought apple was a humorless person, apparently he still has it in him :D

Yeah apparently Olicity fans hijacked the poll somehow and cheated even though the guy who ran the poll(who dislikes olicity) tweeted that there was no way to cheat and the number of people who voted wasn't higher then previous years. 

I don't understand this need to make it seem like Olicity isn't popular anymore and that Laurel became a fan favorite in season 3.It's just not true lol.

• Love 1

BTW that "poll" doesn't track IPs so you can vote as many times as you want....what a dumbass

Maybe that's on purpose so he can prove a point about Olicty fans voting multiple times if allowed? Which we already know, so yeah, I got nothing. The logic of some of the extreme fans often escape me.

Down to the Elite 8 - you have until late in the day on Thursday, August 13 (today), to cast your vote(s)...

TV.com's Best Action Show Bracket: Vote on Daredevil, Game of Thrones, and More in Round 2
By Cory Barker  Yesterday
http://www.tv.com/news/best-action-series-round-two-143926296931/

• Daredevil vs. Arrow (DD is leading)
  • Strike Back vs. Person of Interest (POI is leading)
  • Game of Thrones vs. Teen Wolf (TW is leading)
  • Vikings vs. Killjoys (V is leading)
Edited by tv echo

It's time to nominate EBR or whichever female cast member is your favorite for Eonline's Girl on Top 2015...

Girl on Top 2015 Is About to Begin: Nominate Your Favorites Now!
by TIERNEY BRICKER Fri., Aug. 14, 2015 10:00 AM PDT
http://www.eonline.com/news/686451/girl-on-top-2015-is-about-to-begin-nominate-your-favorites-now

After crowning 2015's Alpha Male Madness winner earlier this summer (Congrats again, Sam Heughan!), the time has come to launch our annual  Girl on Top Tournament, which sets out to find TV's ultimate leading lady.

Will newcomers like Outlander's Caitriona Balfe and Empire's Taraji P. Henson be able to take home the prize? or will vets such as Castle's Stana Katic, who won last year's tourney, and The Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev be able to fend them off?

Well, before we get to the actual voting, we need the 64 contenders...which will be nominated by you!

Leave your nominations in the comments section below, or head to Twitter and nominate your favorite leading lady by tweeting @kristindsantos using the #GirlonTop hashtag!

You have until Sunday, Aug. 16 at 5 p.m. PT, to get in your nominations, with the first round of voting kicking off on Monday morning.

Edited by tv echo

A few winners of the 2015 Teen Choice Awards have been revealed via twitter (awards show is tonite on Fox) at https://twitter.com/teenchoicefox ...

• GG won Choice TV Breakout Star
  • Bea Miller won Choice Music Next Big Thing
  • Cara Delevingne won Choice Summer Movie Star: Female
  • Channing Tatum won Choice Summer Movie Star: Male
Edited by tv echo

Reddit's Arrow subforum is also having a vote for season 3 awards. Almost all the same categories as GATV, with the same nominees. (I guess when you first don't succeed in getting the results you want, try try again.)

Is there going to be a result at all ?

Since I participated in the GATV awards, I participated in this one in a purpose of accuracy (and I was very magnanimous, sparing the guy (?) of "Felicity saving Oliver in the ATOM suit" as my personal best stunt). The link just shows the poll and I'm scared of adventuring on Reddit considering its reputation, since I'm severely allergic to misogyny and assholes. 

Just curious, if there's a fearless and well-informed source who knows if I spent a minute of my time for the greater good or for nothing :)

• Love 1

I find the Winners List at shows like these really funny. I don't recognize half the people (it's actually more like 75% if I'm honest), the movies that win are not hits by any means (The Longest Ride/Papertowns), and its the same recycled shows.