Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Terraformance Anxiety

iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

What was the reason the virus was in the fog?

It is actually a vaccine intended for the Hatchlings. I'm not sure if they explained what for, though. I have to rewatch that passage to understand better what'S going on with that.

Edited by BlueBlop
  • Love 1

Well, I guess they kind of kept the tradition of having a major "character" die in the penultimate episode, by having Old Town basically get blown up to hell and back.  At least they were able to get most of the citizens out first, but the gang clearly didn't enjoy having to do that, to say the least!

So, I was kind of confused, bur it seems like the reason they staged a mission to kidnap Khylen is because they suspect once The Lady takes over Jaq, she will then use Khylen as her final form?  Either way, Khylen is now in their clutches, but now a very pissed off Lady just got the cube Jaq is in!

Loved the Pree/Turin duo and the scene with Gared/Fancy.  These supporting characters/cast really are almost just as awesome as the main folks.

Fancy apparently being knowledgable about fishing and getting annoyed over how John misused the references was hilarious.

Turin actually saying Team Awesome Force whenever he referred to Dutch/John/D'avin really delighted me.

Gared called Khylen a sexy bastard!  Rob Stewart's still got it!

Fun seeing Dutch and Aneela reunited and watching Hannah John-Kamen play off of... well, Hannah John-Kamen!

Can't tell if that D'avin/DSK scene was trying to officially set up her redemption for good, or preparing for her to meet a tragic end.  Either way, I don't blame John for not going along with it, after what she did to Pawter.

One more week!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

Yeah, DSK now matter how awesomely you sash-hay in and out scene I'll never forgive you for killing Pawter! Good try though.

That was a lot of plot and plotting and I'm sure I missed some important details. But I loved Pree and Turin reunited (with bonus Gared). And they made great use of the Royale - the one place where true family meets no longer exists. Seeing that toy on the counter just before the explosion hit was some massive tucking at my heartstrings *sniff*

Best part of the episode was Dutch giving her very own St. Crispin's Day speech.

Special mention: Fancy remains a well of obscure knowledge and even hands out some heartfelt advice, aww!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Best part of the episode was Dutch giving her very own St. Crispin's Day speech.

I love how the first try bombed completely. I'm so used to "just the right thing" being said to embolden the troops, it was nice to see her have to do a re-set after hearing nothing but crickets.

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Fancy apparently being knowledgable about fishing and getting annoyed over how John misused the references was hilarious.

The fact that they kept coming back to it and didn't use it only once really made me chuckle. As did John's refusal to even bother acknowledging how badly he was screwing up the references. 

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Fun seeing Dutch and Aneela reunited and watching Hannah John-Kamen play off of... well, Hannah John-Kamen!

Always good, but we didn't get enough of Aneela prance-walking on screen. I love the way HJ-K does that. It's a great character beat. Very different from tics or other facial cues often used when you have one actor playing a dual role.

Was it just me, or did the bombs planted in the factory look like Daleks? 

A couple of things are bothering me. First off, who were the guards at the factory? Were they The* Lady's people? Hullen? Or were they people from Old Town still under the influence of the drug? If the latter, TAF, along w/ Pree and Turin, had no problems killing them. 

The second thing is that, while it's obviously not good that The Lady was terraforming to make a habitat for her children, still they are a race. Killing everyone of them is genocide. That concept shouldn't be taken lightly or ignored in its entirety. 

Anyone have an idea where the Lady's real body lies?

*At the moment, The Ohio State University has been unsuccessful in trademarking this article. If they succeed, and until such time, I plan on using "the" every chance I get. Just to stick it to The school. 

Edited by Loandbehold
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

The bombs looked like pimped Metronomes - definitely giving off a Doctor Who vibe 😉

IIRC Fancy found her body when he escaped from her ship and he later told Team Awesome Force where it's located.

Agreed about the genocide aspect - but with only one episode to go I'm not sure that will ever be brought up.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

The second thing is that, while it's obviously not good that The Lady was terraforming to make a habitat for her children, still they are a race. Killing everyone of them is genocide. That concept shouldn't be taken lightly or ignored in its entirety. 

What if the species went extinct, and someone brings them back. If then somebody else decides it was a mistake they were brought back. Which one is right? 

9 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Loved this episode.  But does anyone know how Jaq went from a cube in the woods to a spaceship far far away?

The Lady sent a jumpship to figure out why they were getting weird readings, jumpship brought bube back.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I love how the first try bombed completely. I'm so used to "just the right thing" being said to embolden the troops, it was nice to see her have to do a re-set after hearing nothing but crickets.

The fact that they kept coming back to it and didn't use it only once really made me chuckle. As did John's refusal to even bother acknowledging how badly he was screwing up the references. 

Always good, but we didn't get enough of Aneela prance-walking on screen. I love the way HJ-K does that. It's a great character beat. Very different from tics or other facial cues often used when you have one actor playing a dual role.

A couple of things are bothering me. First off, who were the guards at the factory? Were they The* Lady's people? Hullen? Or were they people from Old Town still under the influence of the drug? If the latter, TAF, along w/ Pree and Turin, had no problems killing them. 

*At the moment, The Ohio State University has been unsuccessful in trademarking this article. If they succeed, and until such time, I plan on using "the" every chance I get. Just to stick it to The school. 

The Lady’s bugs may be a race but they’re also an invading force being used to enslave and kill the native population. Any of them on Westerly had it coming. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

The Lady’s bugs may be a race but they’re also an invading force being used to enslave and kill the native population. Any of them on Westerly had it coming. 

Except they had no say in the matter. The Lady is to blame for this, not her children. They may be thinking (depending on how capable of thought they are when first born) that the humans have invaded their home and they are defending themselves. 

We almost certainly won't get an answer why The Lady chose Westerly instead of some barren planet / moon for terraforming. That would have been an interesting concept to explore. 

This episode held its weight well, considering it wasn't only the penultimate episode to the season, but the whole series.

I got a chuckle out of the scene where Johnny is telling them the planning, preping, and pacing is going great, but then Zeph pages him to say they've got a problem.

Johnny:  "... Aaaand right on schedule."  😄

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

I cant believe we only have one episode left, I am going to miss this show so much! Its just such a fun ride, even when I am not totally sure what all is going on. 

Lots of good character interaction this week, like Zeph/Johnny, Pree/Turin, of course Gared/Pree being adorable, even a heartfelt scene between Gared and Fancy! Oh Fancy, you softie you! This show has such great well defined characters, you can just stick any of them together and get a good scene by just letting them bounce off each other. I was worried about Turin, so I am glad to see him live to snark another day.

Love that Dutch's Saint Crispons Day speech didnt really work the first time, and she had to get more real with their troops to get people to volunteer. I also thought the whole fight scene was really good, its been awhile since we just got to see Dutch and the guys kicking ass and taking names. 

It was fun seeing the Qreshi siblings again, I wondered if they would come into play, and it seems like they're getting along better...in a weird, Qreshi way. And are both super hot for D'avin apparently! But DSK shows up to handle things so D'avin can tell Dutch that he loves her, even if his timing isnt exactly great. I always appreciate that Johnny still clearly cant with DSK, even if he at least can see her now as a valuable ally in bigger issues, and can maybe even respect her love for her son, but she still killed the woman he loved. I like DSK and her redemption arc, but I still haven't forgot about that.

So now we can add fishing to the list of Fancy's interests and hobbies! I love that the fishing stuff kept coming up, and that Johnny just refused to stop making terrible fishing references. 

"These will go on it faster than Dutch on an emotionally unavailable father figure." 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, snowwhyte said:

I was trying to remember, was DSK hullenized after she killed Potter?

If I remember right, its a little unclear as to when she was made Hullen.

When Johnny shot her, she smirked so I knew she was either Hullen at that point or would be saved by becoming one.

But when they did the 'peace treaty' signing thing, she didn't slice her palm like Pawter did - or maybe she didn't even have to?? - and that raised some flags for me.

The way DSK was introduced in S03.E02, it certainly implied that she was when given her initial Hullen transfusion, but it wasn't 100% clarified as such. 

So, long story short, I'm unsure as to when exactly when she got her green goo overhaul.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

I think Aneela Hullenized her after Johnny shot her; I seem to remember her bleeding blood istead of green goo.  Zeph figured out how to unhullenize her when she was giving birth to Jack because she needed a c-section and her Hullenization kept healing her too quickly.

• Love 3