Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Door County Cherry

Stay or Sell

After reaching the limits of their current houses, homeowners look to the advice of real estate and home renovation experts Brad and Heather Fox. The Minnesota-based couple presents its clients with two options - renovate their current home to maximize the space they already have or buy another property that can be customized.

It's Love It or List It but we know if they're staying or going before the renovations begin.  

This takes place in an area I kind of know so I try to see if I recognize anything.  In the test pilot they did last year, I did recognize a store they visited.

Anyone watching? 

• Like 1

I didn't like what they did in their first episode, painting over all that lovely wood and making it one gigantic room. I'll keep watching but I am more than a bit sick of shows with: a white married couple where the man is in charge of construction and the women design and they both seem to think open concept is the only concept that exists. 

• Like 2

I’m definitely watching since this is the city I live in.  I like that the clients pick the house AND the renovation decisions.  So far nice jobs on the whole.  I’m taking notes of where she sources these things and will be doing a little shopping.

• Like 1

I really like this show...the hosts are quirky but fun! One of the interesting things for me is the weather! I have never lived farther north than VA so all the cold is chilling! Ok, that is a little punny but true. When they showed it was -23, I shivered...then they said it warmed up and it was 3! That is warming up? I do like most of their designs and they are designing for someone specific so that makes it more interesting! And @QuinnM, if I lived in the area I sure would check out some of her special places! (Well, maybe not if she told me where she got her earrings....fuzzy balls do not earrings make for me!!!)😉

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:10 PM, suebee12 said:

I really like this show...the hosts are quirky but fun! One of the interesting things for me is the weather! I have never lived farther north than VA so all the cold is chilling!

They mentioned in a local interview that HGTV was keen to have them film in the winter.  They (HGTV) thought that was a major player in the stories.  So good to see they were right.  We do renovations in the winter.  People will plan exterior work so that they have the shell weather proof before it gets bad.  Then they really hit a lot of things like demolition of outside retaining walls and tree removal while the soil is frozen and there is less damage.  It is a delicate dance.  A lot fo masons build these elaborate scaffolding set ups so they can work year round.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Like 2