Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

This is all I want! All the drunken hugs please! Also a French 75 if the champagne is being shared.

I totally forgot about French 75s! Best cocktail ever! And it's totally getting to be that time of year. (Why do I only want to drink them in the summer? Unclear.)

• Love 2
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also won't likely get my (second ever) Loot Crate until Friday but I love an unboxing video, and I'm not afraid of spoilers. I AM afraid I won't love this box as much as the last one (which, the SHIELD Lanyard alone was worth the price IMO) because I'm not a big fantasy person... though who knows what they mean by fantasy anyway. My husband and I also just joined Marvel Collector Corps. I can't wait to see what's in that one. 

• Love 2

I'm an amateur mixologist but Christmas and New Year I was put in charge of getting 15 people drunk. No sorry I meant I was in charge of pre-dinner cocktails. I did them all as champagne (proseco - hey I'm not rich) based and found some pretty good ones and some good pretty ones. Dripping in Grenadine, Blue Curacao or Banana was interesting.

I need to try the French 75 one.  It looks yummy.

Favourite things to add to proseco: pom liqueur, benedictine, banana liqueur, pernod. 

• Love 3

Those with loot crates ... please remind me again of the link address ... also, please let me know if the things that come are age appropriate for a 15 year old?  I would like this for my daughter, thanks!

• Love 1

I want that wine, and I don't drink wine. I love uncrating videos.

By the way...mysubscriptionaddiction.com had a coupon for Lootcrate that is either ten bucks or ten percent off.

I like the people who uncrate a couple of diffferent ones and compare them. Very rarely do I not think Lootcrate is the winner

• Love 3

All Night actions are in. It's last call, as stacey and I should* be able to write it up this evening.

And I LOVE the look of that wine. I may have to get some for my friends who love PB.

*No promises.

• Love 5

Y'all that delightful wine was available through the Alamo Drafthousr but I'm not sure you can get it anymore. They replaced it with their Silence of the Lambs wine.

Hmm, I'll have to talk to a friend about that....

• Love 3

Y'all that delightful wine was available through the Alamo Drafthousr but I'm not sure you can get it anymore. They replaced it with their Silence of the Lambs wine.

tumblr_mt8trnI76A1r6f6deo2_250.gif

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 5
(edited)

Please note: @TJtrack99 was concerned that the brutality in this part of the story would be too much. Let me assure you all - the brutality? IS ALL MINE. I egged it on. I blame Game of Thrones.

Day 2: Revelations

The Magic Box

After Adelle was suitably reassured that Faith was not Caroline Farrell, or any incarnation of Echo, she fished her phone out of her pocket to pull up the file photo of Echo, and showed it to Giles and Buffy. “Oh, my!” Giles exclaimed, “You were right, the resemblance is absolutely UNCANNY.” The phone suddenly began to vibrate, and Adelle took it back, stepping to the side to answer the call.

“Okay, so what’s the game plan?” Angel asked the crowd, as they gathered around the work table. “You mean besides finding this creepy doppelganger chick and making sure sh--” Faith was interrupted by Wesley, “I don’t think that’s the gameplan, Faith,” he tutted. “Whatevs,” Faith mumbled, and threw herself into the chair.  “I think we need to split up, one group following up with this English Lady, and the other group should start tracking down whoever it was that put those plans on Faith’s phone in the first place,” Buffy said, whose phone then chirped, and she glanced down at it briefly.

Adelle returned to the group, “While that sounds like an excellent overall plan, I’m afraid I must return to the Dollhouse immediately. Not only was one of our best operatives apparently gunned down on the street today here in Sunnydale, there was also apparently a rogue attack from within the agency. We have apparently lost two of our top techs, one is DOA and the other is out of commission and being evaluated at the moment.” 

“Tech? As in ‘Technology?’ Like computers and such?” Willow poked her head up over the laptop that she had been deeply involved with. “I don’t want to brag or anything, but I do know a thing or two about tech-type things. I mean, I’d be happy to…” “Oh, Willow is brilliant when it comes to technology!” Tara exclaimed. Anya cut in “Yes, Willow is excellent at understanding and explaining many issues, even if Tara can be a bit sharp with her praise.” Slowly, everyone turned to look at her, and she returned their gaze, then shrugged, and went back to setting up a display.

Adelle glanced at Giles, who gave her an almost imperceptible nod. “That would be very helpful, thank you, miss…?” Adelle said, stepping forward with her hand extended. “Willow,” Willow quickly said, “Er, Miss Willow. Rosenberg, I mean. But Willow is just fine.” Giles put his hand on Willow’s shoulder, “Thank  you, Willow. The rest of us, let’s sort out who will be going where.”

Buffy stood, “I’m going to need to pick Dawn up from her friend’s in a few hours, Mom was feeling better, so she went to hang out for a bit.” Xander waved his hand, “Hello, umm, I can do that Buff. Not a problem, Anya has to cover closing here anyway, so you just tell me where and when, and I’m your man. Well, not like that, I mean, I’m the man picking up your sister. No, no, not like----”

“I get it, Xander,” Buffy smiled. “And thanks, that would be great. My other option would be to call Spike, and--” “NO!” A chorus went up from around the table. “Okay, okay -- I get it! Probably a good idea, the last time I saw Spike, he seemed strangely obsessed with getting my measurements. And then I had some strange pant-, er clothing disappearances. The creep,” Buffy grumbled.

“Okay, enough, people. Who goes where?” Gunn asked, stepping up to the table. After a few minutes of discussion, the two groups left the Magic Box headed in two different directions, one towards Sunnydale General, and the other towards LA, leaving Anya alone at the shop. “Always the bridesmaid, never the main course,” she sighed as she took her seat behind the cash register. “I don’t think that’s how it goes here, but back home, that would have explained it all.”

Sunnydale General
The door to the lab opened and several people emerged. They split into small groups and headed out with different destinations. Garrett came walking up to Coulson. “Sorry I’m late, needed to rest for a bit. Running around with all these young kids is wearing me out,” he said with a charming smile.

Coulson took his shoulder. “Don’t worry about it, you’re with me anyway.” He began to walk Garrett out; the other man looked behind them to see May bringing up the rear. “May looks pissed,” Garrett said, returning to make eye contact with Coulson. For his part, the team leader just looked at Garrett quizzically. “Oh, good point.”

They walked out past a room where nurses were wheeling out Paul Ballard. “I told you I’m fine,” he groused to Echo, who shook her head. “Maybe. We’re still going to have Topher check you out back at the Dol-” She caught herself, glancing at the nurses. “...At the other hospital.”

Paul rolled his eyes. “You never were that good at the undercover.” Echo lightly slapped his shoulder. “Better than you!” “Hey, I’m in the injured one here, no hitting!” Echo laughed as they waited for the elevator to get to the helicopter on the roof.

Summers’ Residence
Buffy returned home later that evening. She closed the door and went to go find her mother. There she was, on the couch. “Mom?” Buffy stepped toward her, wondering why Joyce didn’t move. “Mom??” She walked closer.

And the reason why Joyce hadn’t responded to her was clear. She was dead.

Buffy gasped. Tears came to her eyes. She somehow moved frantically and froze on the spot. She didn’t know what to do. Especially because she wasn’t alone. The sound of high heels walking into the room echoed in the house.

“The Slayer bitch,” Glory sneered as she entered. Buffy looked at her angrily, her eyes still wet. “Did you do this?” she seethed. The only response was a laugh. “Does it matter? You’re gonna be a problem for what I have planned.” Glory smirked at the elder remaining Summers girl. “As much as I’d like to see you a mindless drone like the rest of humanity will be.”

Despite her anger and fear, Buffy wondered if the device would work on her, since she had Slayer abilities. She had been curious about that since hearing about the remote wiper. But the question would remain unanswered for now. The reason was the slender hand that was suddenly closed around her throat. Glory lifted Buffy up and said “This will be too easy.”

And it almost was. It was probably the fact that her dead mother was right there, but Buffy’s fighting didn’t have the same spirit it usually did. She matched Glory blow for blow for what felt like hours, but Buffy always seemed to get the worse end of things. Eventually, Glory had her in a headlock, when they both heard a-

BANG. Both ladies’ eyes jumped to the front door as they had a car door slam. Buffy knew what that meant. “XAN-” She was cut off as Glory suddenly twisted her arm and, with a sickening crack, Buffy was gone. “Time to go,” Glory said, panting, as she slipped out the back door, leaving two bodies behind.

Killed in Classic Whedon Style

NPC-Bennett Halverson, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones
NPC-Joyce Summers, a HERO. She was a good mom.

Oinky Boinky-Buffy Summers, a HERO and LOVER. The Slayer and a damn good one. Her nemesis-turned-ally Faith brought her first love Angel back to her. Could communicate with ANGEL outside of the game.

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin
9. Lady Calypso
10. MarkHB
11. Athena
12. JayKay
13. SVNBob
14. TMunz
15. photo fox
16. CuriousParker
17. Dougal
18. Jesse

There is one clue in the story.

Day is ON! You've got 48 hours folks - 11:10 PM ET Saturday night. Commence conversation!

Edited by stacey
  • Love 4

O.M.G. This just got really real. I think Buffy's the only character I actually knew.

Gonna miss you Oinky, I really liked your style and definitely a contributor.

• Love 2

MOD NOTE: I apologize if that ending was too brutal/gruesome for all of you...I wrestled with writing it that way...

We're all pretty dark and twisted around here; I mean we volunteer to play a game where a day isn't productive unless we've agreed to kill someone. Twisty! And well written.

Can we discuss the anonymous vote in the failed lynch?

YES. Let's please discuss that. Because WTF.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

Wow... that sucketh.

We also need to look at Night 1... they said there were two clues there, plus what do we think from the way it worked out... CP is Paul Ballard?

• Love 1

Thanks for the clarification on the clue.

Wow ... Buffy is out on the first Night. I am gob smacked. What a gruesome way to go. Your life will be avenged!

Yeah, someone in the know, please explain the anon thing?

• Love 2

I had an anon vote in TJ's previous game, the first one on the site, where I was Jafar, but never ended up using it because the votes all had plenty of people to go through. If it's the same deal, it's just that one person has extra say every Day. I was recruitable that time, so dunno if it tells us anything about hero vs villain or anything at this point....

Also: this isn't the first time Buffy's died, but it's definitely the most brutal. Jeeze.

• Love 2

I had an anon vote in TJ's previous game, the first one on the site, where I was Jafar, but never ended up using it because the votes all had plenty of people to go through. If it's the same deal, it's just that one person has extra say every Day. I was recruitable that time, so dunno if it tells us anything about hero vs villain or anything at this point....

Also: this isn't the first time Buffy's died, but it's definitely the most brutal. Jeeze.

An extra vote? That's good or bad depending who's wielding the power. Either way, one vote's not going to change much until we're pretty deep in the game.

And if this is a TJ exclusive, he should know Survivor ripped off this very idea this week; for the first time ever they gave someone an extra-vote advantage.. I smell lawsuit!

• Love 1

Just for the record, here was my power that time:

You are JAFAR, RECRUITABLE HERO and POWER-GRABBER. Since you’re out to gain power, you can influence others a lot. You can PM me if you wish to put in a second anonymous vote during Day lynches - just tell me who it’s for. But watch out, that kind of power is attractive to the Villains too...

• Love 3

Wow... that sucketh.

We also need to look at Night 1... they said there were two clues there, plus what do we think from the way it worked out... CP is Paul Ballard?

I checked out the Paul Ballard wiki and I can't tell if he's good or bad.

Enlightenment please?

• Love 1

WHY? Why. I'm upset. What about Dawn?! I can't believe Buffy was first to die. Someone will pay, Oinky.

I've got a bad feeling about that anon vote. Anyone have ideas on why that might have happened? Hypothetically, who would it benefit?

ETA Ballard's a good guy, Dollhouse canonwise, Drogo.

Edited by JayKay
  • Love 3

So ... I am not sleeping yet ... which is highly unusual for me ... I am still reeling and pissed from an episode of Grey's.  Nuff said.

This line:

“You mean besides finding this creepy doppelganger chick and making sure sh--”

I am trying desperately to understand the CP death/not death.  Did she turn into someone else?  I don't know anything about this Universe except Firefly ... so this whole imprinting thing, could this be what happened to CP and she turned into someone else and then voted against herself?  Could that have happened?

• Love 1

I've got a bad feeling about that anon vote. Anyone have ideas on why that might have happened? Hypothetically, who would it benefit?

I said I'd explain the anonymous vote, but I really only have theories.  3 theories, and 2 of them have already been covered.  But I'll still cover all 3, in an increasing order of likelihood (from my perspective).  And they all fit thematically and/or contextually.

• Someone (likely a hero) can cast their votes anonymously, like Mark said.  Only I think its a full-time power, and not a one-shot.
  • Given that there are Dolls and remote mind wipers in play, one of the villains can use NPCs to cast anonymous votes.  Possibly even PCs, but that's slightly less likely.
  • Like Dougal before, someone has a 2-vote power.  And I think it's the SK, Glory.  That would make sense, given what we know about her.

To answer JayKay's question, the person it would most benefit is the SK.  Indiscriminate kills with little chance of getting caught.  Feels like the SK to me.  The main questions I would have would be: A) Does their "public" vote have to be cast first? and B) Do both votes have to go the same way?

• If YES to A and B, then we need to look close at everyone that voted for CP, for the SK is one of them.
  • If YES to A, but NO to B, then anyone who voted in the first DL is suspect, and those of us that didn't are in the clear.
  • If NO to A, then everyone is suspect.

CP could be Ballard, or she could be Echo.  Ballard would be a good shield for her.  Meaning he could be a protector class.  Or they've got intertwined fates and can only be killed in a certain order.  Meaning for CP as Echo to die, Ballard must be found by name and killed first.

Or, given the game, Biz is right and CP could be "body-hopping" from NPC to NPC.  Which would make giving us a list of dead NPCs make sense.  Someone may have this power, CP or not.

Now, getting to the current story.  A line jumped out at me:

She [buffy] somehow moved frantically and froze on the spot.

A contradiction in terms.  Or perhaps, an act of caprice?  Not the best clue, I'll admit.  But it's at least someplace to start.

(When Night falls again, I'll post my unboxing.  Game first, Crate later.)

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 4

If Glory is an SK, then where in the story is the attempted villain night kill?? Either Glory is part of the villain team or the villains didn't try to kill anyone (which I find hard to believe) or there is some other reason I'm not thinking of. (Or I have missed something obvious - not unheard of). :p

Also not sure about the whole body hopping deal, to my mind that would be a little naughty of the game mods, because the very definition of an NPC is that they are NON PLAYER characters. Besides, we lynch players, not characters, so body hopping or not she would be dead. I think it likely CP had a *2 kill power in play.

I also like *Dougal's explanation for the whole anon vote thing; someone has a double vote.

*Usually the simplest explanation is the right one.

• Love 2

In the Whedonverse, it makes good sense to have more deaths than playing characters, speaking of simplest explanations. 

Glory as an SK makes sense, story-wise -- she's not really on anyone's team, but I also wonder then what happened with the villains. 

Should we be looking for clues? This line jumped out at me as being odd: “Yes, Willow is excellent at understanding and explaining many issues, even if Tara can be a bit sharp with her praise.” Maybe it's just Anya being quirky, but sharp praise? No guesses what it would be leading us toward, though. 

• Love 2

Or, given the game, Biz is right and CP could be "body-hopping" from NPC to NPC.  Which would make giving us a list of dead NPCs make sense.  Someone may have this power, CP or not.

That's out of control if CP just keeps living as different people.  But she's not a Villain, because the NPC who died when we DL'd her was a Hero.  Unless that doesn't reflect who she really is-  Hero two-kills weren't in my first game.  If we have Hero two-kills now, wouldn't freakin' Buffy the Vampire Slayer be one of them?  Maybe Oinky was onto something with that DL. 

Based on players' previous experience, it sounds like the Anon is an extra vote and not the player's own vote, anonymously.   Because if it were in place of the player's own vote, it's pretty easy to figure out who didn't vote on D1 and go from there... but that doesn't sound like the way it's been used before.

We need to talk clues today.  Serious, TJ-style clues...

I%27ll+Be+Back.jpg 

Should we be looking for clues? This line jumped out at me as being odd: “Yes, Willow is excellent at understanding and explaining many issues, even if Tara can be a bit sharp with her praise.” Maybe it's just Anya being quirky, but sharp praise? No guesses what it would be leading us toward, though. 

Sharp makes me think of two things:  knives (too obvious) and cheese. 

• Love 1