Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears the only non poster so far is TMunz. Hey where are you? 

Here I'll get this one...

♥♥  Khaleesi, Moon of My Life, come to us.  We seek your beauty and wisdom. ♥♥

• Love 3

“Yeah, well, ‘Ben,’ we’ve been waiting out here for hours. Is there any news on the woman we brought in? The one with the headaches?” Ben replied. “No, sorry, I haven’t heard anything new.”

Caprice is that you?

• Love 2

As I said, my vote is strategic:

1 to No DL (BizBuzz) 9 to twiddle our thumbs
7 to DL CuriousParker (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc) 3 to get something done
2 to DL JayKay (CuriousParker, MarkHB) 8 to apparently confuse the issue

• Love 2

I play a much more aggressive form of this game than you all. My history is playing in RPG forums where it is mostly young men with testosterone. None of them knew I was the sex and age to be their grandmother. 

It puts a target on my back. I am going to say my role in this game is not that spectacular but if someone wants to protect me tonight it might be a good choice.  Thanks

Thanks for a little insight into your game play strategy ...

I hope you can see from mine I am a lover, not a fighter.

• Love 2

I blame caprice for inviting me to start playing Mafia in what appears to have been the most against-the-norm, villains-running-amok game y'all ever had.  ;)

Would you expect any less from a GoT round? ;)

1.It appears the only non poster so far is TMunz. Hey where are you? 

2. Some people have impressed me, I will support those people, you know who you are. 

3. I play a much more aggressive form of this game than you all.

1. TMunz has posted, here.

2. I'm guessing one isn't me because I have no clue who I am :p

3. No shit Sherlock!

I definitely did enjoy myself.  :)  I still am.  But multiple villain factions, a SK with allies, the Jaime/Cersei death connection... that game was twisty and taught me to think twisty thoughts to root out Ze Bad Guyze.

I think you've been mafia scarred for life Drogo {{{hugs}}}

So having slept on it and since reading the posts made after I went to bed, I still think that Jaykay found what is potentially a clue, but I was wary of voting to DL based on that alone. However, gameplay since then has made me more suspicious of CP, in particular her starting a lynch against Jaykay based on nothing but retaliation; that seems like a villainous move imo (having been the subject of a similar attempted move in the MadMen game by a villain).

Therefore;

8 to DL CuriousParker (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm) 2 to shield us from villainy

2 to DL JayKay (CuriousParker, MarkHB) 8 to apparently confuse everyone

• Love 3

Alright. I'm going with it. Like oinky, I like to be a bit more aggressive and stir the pot and see what rises to the surface.

9 to DL CuriousParker (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox) 1 to bring on the drinking

• Love 3

Feeling the peer pressure here. As much as I'm intrigued by the idea that parking a car might be a clue, I'm not entirely convinced. I do find it interesting that CP would respond by turning the vote around, yet I won't say it was retaliatory since she started a vote for JayKay and not Oinky.

2 to No DL (BizBuzz, caprice) 8 because fire bad, tree pretty.
9 to DL CuriousParker (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox) 1 to bring on the drinking

• Love 2

Tell me if there is one more vote but it is for no DL or Jay Kay does that push it over or it has to be on CP?

Effectively most of the non voters are really no DL voters who don't want to have it on their record? No?

• Love 2

I blame caprice for inviting me to start playing Mafia in what appears to have been the most against-the-norm, villains-running-amok game y'all ever had.  ;)

I'll take the blame for this. I did create a super bonkers round.

• Love 3

Oinky you must be super fun on Election Day.  ;) 

I kid, I kid... I'll buy you a big expensive drink if it's ever Night again.

I'll take the blame for this. I did create a super bonkers round.

I loved the GoT round.  You people got me hooked.  Now I leave this site open all day long. 

FYI when I jump on a DL right away, it's not because I'm aligned with the DL starter- it's because I'm sitting watching new comments come in instead of working.  ;)

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 5

Tell me if there is one more vote but it is for no DL or Jay Kay does that push it over or it has to be on CP?

Nope, any of the three has to reach 10 to go into effect. If none of the three reach 10 votes by 11:15 ET this evening, Day will close with no DL completed.

• Love 5

Effectively most of the non voters are really no DL voters who don't want to have it on their record? No?

One way or another, a lynch must be completed. And yes, the non-voters are essentially wimping out.

• Love 4

I see we're one vote away from a DL but I can close it before the deadline if nobody else will as I doubt all 9 of you are villains. So unless somebody changes their vote, we have time to discuss alignments and such before night. I know Lisin was working on a character breakdown.

• Love 3

Looks like we're awaiting votes from the following: 

Machiabelly

The Crazed Spruce

caprice

Lady Calypso

Athena

JayKay

SVNBob

TMunz

Spruce has voted to DL CP.

2 to No DL (BizBuzz, caprice) 8 because fire bad, tree pretty.

I'm still working on the character breakdown. Sorry, I should have it today but if not I guess it will have to wait until after Night. Sorry! I've got a trial to prep for that is taking up way more time than expected IRL.

• Love 3

Yeah, so I'm not entirely confident on this DL, I'll be honest. It would be good to keep an eye on CP, but I stick by my opinion that it may be just a bit too early to determine for sure. I know, I know, I like to play it safe. I'm not the type to rise to the occasion and jump on a lynch unless I'm sure. So, you know what my vote is. 

3 to No DL (BizBuzz, caprice, Lady Calypso) 7 to hush

And...I nearly confused myself by writing jessied112. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2

ATTENTION. The vote now stands:

3 to No DL (BizBuzz, caprice, Lady Calypso) 7 to hush
10 to DL CuriousParker (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox, ANONYMOUS).

DAY IS OVER. NO MORE GAME TALK WHILE I RETRIEVE THE STORY.

But somebody please post so as to leave a space between my posts. You may start submitting Night actions if you wish, you will have 24 hours from the posting of the Night story regardless.

• Love 2

Shoot. I missed another lynch because of work. Weekday lynches are always hard that way. Either way, I was going for no DL since I tend to for Day One. I've never played with Anonymous before?

• Love 2

Either way, I was going for no DL since I tend to for Day One.

Just for the record, so was I.

I've never played with Anonymous before?

Shh. Night now. No game talky. I'll explain this come Day.

Until then, Mudder's Milk for me.

And on another note, I just received my Loot Crate! I'm thinking of doing an unboxing video for ya'll, if that's something ya'll'd be interested in.

• Love 4

Night 1: Reconnaissance, Part 2
Inside the L.A. Dollhouse

Quite suddenly, everyone was busy. Ivy had discovered that Caroline’s backup was damaged, so Topher and Bennett were working to repair it. Adelle had gone to tell Echo and Ballard to get somewhere safe. As Ivy was reinstating Victor and Sierra’s original personalities, Whiskey wandered into the lab. She observed Bennett and Topher sitting close together and smiling. “He really does care about you,” she stated. Bennett giggled and looked slightly flushed at the thought.

And then her head exploded with blood as Whiskey drew a gun and fired.

The utter shock paralyzed Topher. His eyes wide, he stared at the former doll. “You can’t stop Rossum,” seethed Whiskey. And she simply turned and walked out.
~~
Upstairs, Boyd came upon the blonde woman, who was wearing a nice dress. He asked her “How can I help you, ma’am?” “Are you in charge around here? I don’t want your help otherwise! I don’t have time for useless underlings!” raged Glory. For his part, Boyd just chuckled. “In a manner of speaking, yes. What can Rossum do for you?”

Glory looked at him, weighing what to say. “I heard that you can...change people. Affect the way that they think. And I wanted to be a part of it.” Boyd nodded. “I heard none of the guards were able to stop you,” he said, motioning to the bodies strewn about the room. “How is that possible?” Glory laughed and stretched her arms. “Let’s just say I’ve got some power. And I like being in control.” Boyd cocked his head. “We are about to have a lot of control.” He knew this woman was after something, but couldn’t tell what. Yet it was wiser to have her on his side than against him. The elevator dinged and Whiskey emerged, some blood splattered on her. “Perhaps you’d like to join us?”

Looking impressed, Glory nodded. “Name’s Glory,” she said, folding her arms. Boyd smirked at her. “Boyd Langton, head of Rossum with my friend Clive here.” He indicated the bloody woman next to him. Now Glory looked confused. Boyd started to walk them out as he said “I’ll explain on the way to headquarters.”

Sunnydale General Hospital
The hospital lobby doors whisked open, and Ward and Trip entered, scanning the room while heading straight to one of the private research labs. Their attention was so focused ahead of them, they failed to notice the hooded figure following.

Once they reached the designated rendezvous spot, they gave the prearranged signal in a series of quick knocks on the door, which opened in a rush. “Get in get in get in,” Fitz said, hurrying them in, sparing a quick glance up and down the hall, and then securing the door. “Coulson’s been waiting for you,” Simmons said from the work station she was at, nodding towards their boss, deep in conversation with May. Meanwhile, the dark figure stationed himself down the hall and around the corner from the lab. He was actually not a stranger to the SHIELD team if they had seen who it was. Now he waited patiently, while continuing to monitor all that he was tuned in to.

“Alright team, listen up,” Coulson said, gathering everyone together. May looked at the latest two arrivals and questioned “Wait, where’s Garrett?” “He’s coming, lagging behind for some reason,” Trip said, shaking his head. “We’ll have to catch him up then, this can’t wait,” was Coulson’s reply. “Simmons?”

The young girl tapped a few keystrokes and a projector came on, showing some blueprints to some high-tech device as she narrated “SHIELD has obtained these schematics and we believe the use of this device is imminent.” Ward raised his hand, “And what is it, exactly?” Fitz looked excited as he started to point at various parts of the blueprint, rambling about inverters and amplifiers and waves until May cut him off with a look. He concluded with “We think this device could alter someone’s mental state, regress it to nearly a blank slate.”

That made an impression on everybody. “Is it related to the patients here?” asked Trip. Coulson shrugged, “We’re not sure, they don’t seem to be blank here, just...damaged. Could be they got hit with a prototype, could be we’re just not sure exactly what this weapon could do. But this is top-level, we need everyone on this.” Ward looked around. “Where’s Skye, then?” “Here,” came a voice from the computer, as Simmons opened a video chat window to show the other young girl. “I’m stuck on The Bus, the downside of not being a full agent yet. At least I’m guarding it from the coyotes.” Everyone chuckled as Simmons said to her friend “Well while I’m here, I’m hoping to use some of the hospital’s equipment to look further into the GH-325 serum.”

“We’ll see about that, as Coulson said, we need all hands on deck,” May said in a short voice. Coulson nodded and started “Here are your assignments…”
~~~
Outside, the doors of the emergency room were slammed open as a stretcher was wheeled in. “Caucasian male, GSW to the abdomen.” The nurses took the stretcher and quickly got him into an OR. The dark-haired woman that was with him looked extremely worried.

Echo kept muttering “She said we’d be safe here.” She looked in at the doctors starting to operate on the man she had been with. He, too, kept muttering something as the doctors prepared the anesthesia. But they thought he was just asking for a drink. If only they knew that Paul Ballard was trying to say who had shot him as he painfully whispered “Whiskey…”

The Magic Box, Sunnydale
After settling in from relocating from the Summers’ residence, Willow set about finding the contact information that Giles had sent her in search of, and found it a bit harder than she had thought it would be. “Are you sure this is right, Giles?” she asked after yet another dead end. “I mean, you could be misspelling her name, or maybe she got married? And what kind of place to work is a dollhouse, anyway?”

“I did not misspell her name, and if she happened to marry, trust me when I say she would retain her own name,” Giles huffed while searching through yet another old address book, hoping for some sort of lead, with Buffy and Angel on either side of him at the table paging through notebooks, while the rest of the group wandered around the shop.

“So I guess this is where you guys hang out now that the high school library is no more,” Cordelia sniffed. “How…common.” “Really? I was unaware that the exchange of goods and services for profit was ‘common,’ while being…whatever you are is not?” Anya threw back. “Hey, lady, I am a gainfully employed office manager, who would suggest that you back off,” Cordelia snapped, advancing on Anya, while Xander stepped between them. Wesley and Gunn looked at each other, and then headed to the far corner. “Really, guys? Really?” Tara said, as she headed to Xander’s aid. “Hey, I’m with them,” Faith said from the couch, where she was flipping through a magazine. “Cor can take care of herself just fine, and I’m deciding between ‘Are You A Secret Bitch?’ and ‘How Much Do You REALLY Know About Beyonce?’”

The bell dinged as the front door to the shop opened. Everyone turned and looked at the slight, dark haired woman as she stepped into the store. She scanned the group, and her eyes lit upon Giles. “Rupert, good evening,” she said, an English accent discernible. “I understand you have been attempting to find me. Here I am.”

A smile crossed Giles’ face as he rose from his seat at the table. “Adelle! You have no idea how happy I am to see you!” “I wish I could say likewise, Giles, but the timing could have been...better,” Adelle DeWitt clipped as she strode into the shop. “It’s not a good time to get together for tea, but I was on my way back to--” “No, no, Adelle, this wasn’t, well, that is, I have been meaning to call you, but of course, you know, here in the States, well, a bit uncivilized, I would say, maybe a bit of a lack in--”

Buffy watched impatiently, then jumped up from the table. “Giles, if we can just skip the chit chat, that would be great. Hi, English lady, I’m Buffy, these are my friends and...some other people,” Buffy’s arm swept the room and a few disinterested voices mumbled greetings. “We have a problem. A big one. I’m the Slayer, the Chosen One, and we’re going to need a lot more help than these idiots.” Angel pulled a file out from under the clutter on the table in the center of the room, and handed it over to Adelle. “We obtained these images, and Willow,” he nodded towards the redhead at the laptop, “was able to print them out. This is a pretty dire situation from what we can tell.”

Adelle took the file and flipped through it. “How did you get these??” she demanded, looking at Angel, Giles, and Buffy. “This is indeed serious, and I need to know where they came from IMMEDIATELY.” “I had ‘em,” Faith said, rising from the couch and starting towards Adelle, whose eyes widened. Her sudden intake of breath caught the room’s attention, as she said in a tremulous voice, “Echo? Caroline? Oh my god, how is this possible?”

~~~

Living Players
1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin
9. Lady Calypso
10. MarkHB
11. Athena
12. JayKay
13. SVNBob
14. TMunz
15. Oinky Boinky
16. photo fox
17. CuriousParker
18. Dougal
19. Jesse

Killed in Classic Whedon Style
NPC-BENNETT HALVERSON, a HERO. Could have killed you with her brain, if Joss didn’t so enjoy killing characters in front of their loved ones.

No typos in those lists at the end there. You have 24 hours for Night actions to be submitted. (So until ~3:40 PM Eastern on Thursday.) The preceding story contains two clues.

• Love 3

I am seriously confused.  I leave to get some real life work done and I come back to this???  What the heck?

I want something seriously strong, make it a Hot and Spicy Bloody Mary.

• Love 1

Please do an uncrating, but wait till I get mine. LOL

I couldn't wait any longer, so I shot my unboxing already. Some nice loot in this crate. :)

I'm uploading the video right now. But I won't share the link for it until later. Ditto the pictures, because some of the items deserved pics too.

• Love 3

The Powers That Be have an interest in Mafia? Well, that would explain caprice's splitting headaches. Let us know if you ever have flashes of evil afoot.

I might have a girl-crush on you. Thanks for getting my name right. :)

Do I have flashes of evil? Are we playing the same game?? If you don't have flashes of evil here, you're already dead! ;)

• Love 3

Just for the record, so was I.

Shh. Night now. No game talky. I'll explain this come Day.

Until then, Mudder's Milk for me.

And on another note, I just received my Loot Crate! I'm thinking of doing an unboxing video for ya'll, if that's something ya'll'd be interested in.

Yes!

• Love 1

Rum and coke, if you please. :)

I just figured out a few days ago that you could upload a video to YouTube straight from your webcam, so I was planning to do an unboxing video myself. Probably won't get my box 'til Friday, though, but I'd love to see yours after I open mine. I'm a sucker for a good unboxing video. :)
  • Love 3