Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuck out to me as well.  

Could be a Scorpio reference.  Scorpio and Aquarius are both signs of the zodiac.  

Thoughts, aquarian1?

I've got no logic to back it up at the moment, but I will say that I am not a villain.  I twuly twuly am not.  I am a vewy saddened by this news.

• Love 2

I am cuwious to hear what Oinky has for us.

Me too. While we wait, does anyone have any speculation on our good friend Anonymous? They helped us take out a good guy. I'm feeling very skeptical.

• Love 1

Not sure, but I still think the Villains wouldn't risk scaring people away from a hero's DL. I think Villains would have waited until 1-to-DL then sealed the deal.

Someone in the crowd said it perfectly...

“Death to Humperd-”

1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky) 5 to spank a very bad boy

I will read the story again but I am not sure how much help I can be. 

In 36 hours I will be naked on a beach in Jamaica.

My participation for the next week depends on:

1. putting my clothes on and going on a mission to borrow a computer

2. giving someone $20 US for wifi

So please discuss but recognize what must be done. 

This is our 3rd unearthed villain - one more after this seems right. Yay us!!

• Love 1

Oinky is trustworthy and direct. Though with Rugen and now (most likely) Humperdinck under her shoe, I admit I fear for her safety.

If she's going to be out of pocket next week, I'd prefer to knock out a matricidal Prince while we can.   It is with great pleasure that I cast this vote... 

2 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, Drogo), 4 to DROP. YOUR. SWORD.

ooops never mind

thanks guys 

You know I think the pernicious sprout clue led to this, it convinced me to find out for sure. 

I also believe the Lisin clue was correct. 

Not sure if the Mark/Vizzini clue was correct but but knowing these clues might help with this last story.

• Love 1

So, possible clues:

"pernicious sprout syndrome"

"violaceous liquid"

"Precisely two minutes and twenty three seconds later" (that's 143 seconds total)

I know there's been some TJ suspicion, and while I'm not guaranteeing his Heroism (because I know nothing, Jon Snow) I feel obligated to point out he was the first player to bring up Pernicious Sprout Syndrome.

• Love 1

6 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, stacey, egavasc, aquarian1, Lady Calypso), 0 to prevail!

Phew, the upside to being up in the middle of the night, just surfing the Internet. I get here just in time for a DL.

• Love 1
(edited)
I may now reveal the truth.... Humperdinck is an old family name... from his father's side.

We named the prince Stephon Humperdink intending to just call him Steve, but he insisted on being called Humperdink. We should have known then and there something was amiss.

Addendum: I grabbed the name Stephon at random and the use of that name in no way constitutes a hint or a clue or insider information and should not be construed as an attempt to help, hinder or influence any current actions, future actions or past actions of the game. My original post should be considered independent of the story/game inasmuch as it could be perceived as an attempt to render assistance to bring down the, from my perspecitve, which while not unbiased, is not intended to deprive anyone of the fun, challenge or angst of the game currently in play, villain. It is not.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 7

We named the prince Stephon Humperdink intending to just call him Steve, but he insisted on being called Humperdink. We should have known then and there something was amiss.

Addendum: I grabbed the name Stephon at random and the use of that name in no way constitutes a hint or a clue or insider information and should not be construed as an attempt to help, hinder or influence any current actions, future actions or past actions of the game. My original post should be considered independent of the story/game inasmuch as it could be perceived as an attempt to render assistance to bring down the, from my perspecitve, which while not unbiased, is not intended to deprive anyone of the fun, challenge or angst of the game currently in play, villain. It is not.

You forgot void in Alabama, South Carolina, and Colorado, redeemable for $.000000001 in the District of Columbia, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands.

• Love 2

It's my phone with wacky time. My post says 3:30 AM and that was 6:30.

Thus my confusion regarding time left to do night action.

My phone shows correct time. When I am in PTV it is wrong.

You can set the time zone for PTV. Click on the Profile icon and select My Settings. Select the time zone you're in, then the PTV time stamp should be what you're expecting.
  • Love 1

You can set the time zone for PTV. Click on the Profile icon and select My Settings. Select the time zone you're in, then the PTV time stamp should be what you're expecting.

Thank you. It was hard to find on my phone but doing it on my pc switched it for my phone also. It's perfect now.

• Love 2

WHY?! >:(

Because Trey and Matt said so? Personally, I like most of the Canadians I know and blame them for almost nothing...

Back to Night conversation; It's really hot and humid here today. I need something tall and cool to sip on...

• Love 2

Tech question.

I'm getting a new laptop for my birthday and am in research mode. I'd have received it already, but with the pending release of Windows 10 I wonder if I should get it now, or wait until it comes fully loaded. For those of you who know tech, what do you suggest I look at? I'll be using it for my writing, pictures and internet.

Thanks!

Windows 10 is a free upgrade from 8 so if you get one with 8 you'll automatically be able to update to 10 when it releases if that's what you're worried about (though updating can be a PITA...) I'm a fan of Lenovo Thinkpads because they're tanks... I've abused mine more than should be possible and it only died because it was like 10 years old. I really could still get it back working again but since I do almost everything now through cloud storage I actually am fine on my crappy no-name tablet/hybrid thingy... 

• Love 1

Hello everyone from Negril. I put my clothes on and found a hot spot. I should be able to connect tomorrow.

Drunk? Who me? A little bit. Jamaican pour is 4 oz. I go up to the bar and take what is left in the blender. I am drinking a Bourbon/coke daiquiri pina colada right now.

• Love 3

Night 6

Problems, Pies and Plans

Inigo was agitated. He paced back and forth over and over again. He'd stop briefly, open his mouth as if to speak, then seem to change his mind and would begin his pacing once more. Fezzik who was happily enjoying a light snack, watched unsure whether to leave Inigo to his contemplations or say something. Finally, after the sixth time back and forth Fezzik cracked. “Is something wrong Inigo??” he enquired.

Inigo stopped and looked at his giant friend, “I have been-a thinking…” he began, “Humperdinck tried to arrest you… us, but then his guards never came back looking for us again…” he said with a puzzled look on his face.

“Yeah, I scared em good, heheh” Fezzik chuckled, chewing his food.

“Of that I have no doubt my friend” Inigo smiled, “but does it no seem strange to you that he should give up so easily?” his expression had changed back to one of uneasy perplexion.

Fezzik's brows drew together as he considered this and took another huge bite of meat pie.  Finally he shrugged his huge shoulders, “Well maybe he just busy? He got bigger problems I think, chopping his mama’s head off sorta made him even more unpopular than before, right?”

“Could be…”Inigo pondered as he stood by the window and gazed out. Being on the top floor, his eyes scanned the city before him and found his eyes drawn toward the high walls and windows of the royal palace. A movement at one of them caught his eye and he noticed Princess Buttercup stood on a balcony looking miserable and forlorn. “Fezzik!” he cried as he spun around, “Princess Buttercup!”

“Where?!” Fezzik asked as he turned to look around to look for her. 

“No, no, I mean we forgot about her!” Inigo exclaimed.

“Uh, oh…hmm, maybe we should go see her?” Fezzik suggested helpfully.

Inigo was pacing again, “Hmm we need to somehow get into the castle first…if only the man in black were here to help” he muttered to himself as he paced.

Minutes ticked past as Fezzik watched Inigo’s pacing, feeling slightly unsure what help he could offer, he broke the second pie in half and held it out to his friend, “Want some? It’s good” he offered, smiling.

Suddenly Inigo stopped pacing, “I have it!” he proclaimed, “Fezzik, come with me, we’re on a mission in the name-a of true love!” he flashed a grin at his friend and swept from the room.

Mobs, Memories and Murder

The guard shifted uneasily, it had been a long day, his stomach grumbled hungrily, his feet ached and he was looking forward to some good food and a foot soak when his shift ended. The two men before him were an annoying complication that he really could do without, “So what is it you want?” he asked them irritably.

“As I said, we have been-a asked to come inspect the foundation under the west tower” the smaller man explained.

Regarding him suspiciously the guard remarked, “You don’t look much like a builder to me”.

“Ah well that’s because I’m-a the planner. He’s the muscle” he said, indicating his larger friend.

The guard eyed the big man and then asked, “Well I need to see your credentials before I can let you through”.

“Of course, of course” the smaller man smiled, “Fezzik, show the man our-a credentials please”.

Fezzik stepped forward and in one swift movement thumped the guard on top of his helmet. The guard dropped to the ground unconscious, “Hope they were satisfactory” Inigo chuckled.  “Fezzik, put him somewhere outta sight” he asked as he stepped over the sleeping guard.

The two friends walked silently through the corridors searching for the royal private quarters. They encountered the odd guard or two, here and there, which they quickly silenced. Eventually, they found themselves outside the door they believed to be the bedchambers of the Princess. Inigo knocked. No answer. He knocked once more, “Princess?” he loudly whispered. No response. He gingerly tried the handle, which, luckily, turned, and the door popped open a little. Pushing it open an inch or two wider he again loudly whispered, “Princess Buttercup?” there was no reply. He poked his head inside and swiftly withdrew it, “Oh shit!” he whispered.

“What? What is-“ Fezzik asked confused.

“This is not the bedchamber of the Princess!” Inigo hissed.

“It isn’t?” Fezzik asked surprised.
“It is Prince Humperdinck’s!”

“How you know???”

“I know because he is resting on his-a bed asleep!” Inigo quietly rasped.

“OHH”

Inigo stood there for a few moments, weighing the options. “Fezzik, maybe this is fate. I mean if we take him, we can make-a him answer for his crimes, the people can decide what should be done with him?!” Inigo suggested.

“I think, you think good Inigo, I agree” Fezzik rubbed his hands together happily.

Prince Humperdinck was awoken from his afternoon nap by rough hands grabbing him; he began to cry out but realised his mouth had been gagged just as a sheet covered his face. He suddenly felt a bump on his head, and then the world went black.

He could hear the noise of a large crowd of people, dully somewhere in the back of his head, and felt grass beneath him. What in the world…where on earth am I? he fretted. He shifted position attempting to regain some feeling in his hands, which were currently bound together behind his back. The sheet was abruptly removed and the dazed Prince blinked as he took in the scene before him. As he regained his senses he realised this wasn’t just a crowd of people, it was an angry mob. Someone was speaking but he couldn’t make out the words properly above the din of the mob. He managed to pick out the odd word; “TYRANT…CRIMES…PAY” and he got the idea.

This is not good he thought to himself, panicking. He was hauled to his feet and brought before the baying crowd. Still gagged, he was unable to speak, I will get no trial here; they just want my blood he seethed inwardly. The gag was untied as the ringleader challenged him, “You will answer for your crimes and injustices Prince Putrid!”

“What I did, I did for the good of all Florin!” he shouted, his voice faltering slightly.

The mob booed and hissed as shouts of “FILTHY LIAR!” and “MURDERER!” and other such names were yelled.

Humperdinck desperately tried to justify himself more but the mob was merely further angered by his feeble attempts to sway their opinion. A stone smacked him in the side of his head and he stumbled back, a few more followed as others had the same idea. The ringleader ducked and jumped away, wanting to avoid the deadly missiles now flying in his general direction. Humperdinck was pelted repeatedly and raised his hands to protect his head as he fell to his knees - cowering. His life flashed before his eyes and above all else, one childhood memory stuck there, dreaming of those bonnie bygone days when he and his grandfather had tracked game through the swamps.

A short time later, he lay dead on the floor of the thieves forest, the mob had dispersed, not even bothering to bury the body, it was simply left to the mercy of the nocturnal forest denizens.

Still Living Happily Ever After:

1. Oinky Boinky
2. Athena
6. stacey
8. Drogo
9. Lady Calypso
10. TJtrack99
14. SVNBob
16. aquarian1
17. egavasc
18. CuriousParker replaced by Jesse

The Mostly ALL Dead:

Jesse – Yellin, Neutral, Recruitable.
You are the leader of The Brute Squad, neither a Hero or Villain unless recruited, until then you may choose to assist the heroes or villains as you see fit. You deal with outlaws and ruffians without mercy as instructed by your superiors. If recruited you will endeavour for your side to win.

Hanged Man – The King, A Hero, Mason with The Queen.
You are an old but kind man, slowly becoming senile, deaf, and difficult to understand… however, you are still King of Florin. Due to your ailing health, you’ve relinquished all but a few of the ruling duties to your son Prince Humperdinck, who has let the power go to his head and now looks to your neighbouring countries with greedy eyes. You have a soft spot in your heart for Buttercup because she once kissed you. Together with The Queen, you form a mason pair and may communicate outside the game thread.

CuriousParker – removed from the game upon request replaced by Jesse.

TMunz - A Florin peasant, a Hero.
One of Florin’s underclass, you’re nothing special (except in that trite “but everyone’s special” kinda way) and you’re none too clean, but you love your country and royal weddings. And food. Of any kind. You’re really not fussy.  You have no powers in this game.

Machiabelly - Westley, a Hero Investigator of sorts.
You are a brave man who left Buttercup to seek your fortune. Later reportedly murdered by the Dread Pirate Roberts, you in fact spent the time away learning everything the world could teach you, with the sole focus of returning to your beloved. Upon your return, you are disguised as the Man in Black, and intent on rescuing Buttercup from the clutches of Prince Humperdinck and any other threat. Because you are only searching for your true love Princess Buttercup, you may enquire of 1 player each night; "Is this my beloved Buttercup?" You will receive one of the following responses: Yes, No or No Result. If/when you do find her you will become a mason pair. Beware! Prince Humperdinck’s henchman searches for you, should he find you Humperdinck would have you tortured, at which time he will ask you(via the game mods) 3 questions, which you must answer truthfully. Find Buttercup fast, there is strength in numbers...

Lisin - Count Rugen, a Villain Protector.
Prince Humperdinck's right-hand man, you are a sadist and wannabe author, torture and pain being your special area of study. In fact, you have designed a diabolical machine to help you in your quest to learn everything there is to know about the maximum amount of pain a person can bear, as you believe these findings will be your legacy. Your biggest mistake in life was to murder Inigo Montoya's father... it has lead to his life long crusade to seek you out and make you more than a little bit dead. It’s not easy for you to hide your identity, as you are a unique man who has 6 fingers on his right hand.
As a Protector, you must choose a different player to protect each night. If Westley is handed over to you, you will torture him; you will be able to ask him 3 questions (via the game mods), which he must answer truthfully, he then automatically becomes your team's nightkill that night.

MarkHB - Vizzini, a Villain Investigator.
Owing to your brilliance, there is no doubt in your mind that you are the world’s #1 criminal genius. Being short of stature and also of temper due to your Sicilian blood, you sometimes misuse words in frustration if your plans are thwarted. A smug, ruthless man, you cannot refuse a battle of wits, even to the death, as you know you shall always win.
As an investigator, each night you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mods. Should you find Westley you will hand him over to Prince Humperdinck for questioning. You will get results back in the form of Name & alignment or No Result.

Dougal - Valerie, a Hero.
Although professed to be one by your husband Miracle Max, you are in fact, not a witch. You merely impersonate one; because all Miracle Men must have a witch assistant. You are indeed, the woman behind the man. You have stood by this man ... even though his confidence has been shattered since being fired by Prince Humperdinck. You know the greatest gift in life is to possess true love. You are a vanilla hero, however, IF certain pre-defined conditions are met, you have a dormant power that will be activated.

caprice - The Queen, A Hero, Mason with The King.
You are The Queen, a Hero and mason with The King. As the kind but elderly queen of Florin and Humperdinck's stepmother you have no real power in the land, and are content to while away your days with other noblewomen in ladylike pursuits such as sewing, flower arranging and gossiping. Together with Hanged Man, The King, you form a mason pair and may communicate outside the thread.

The Crazed Spruce - Prince Humperdinck, Head Villain
The heir to the Florinese throne. You are an insecure and self-absorbed man who thinks of nothing other than pursuing your own interests. War and tracking/hunting animals are your primary focus, and you are good at it. Knowing that you have to marry because your father is dying, you set out to find a beautiful bride, however, you have sinister plans of murdering her on your wedding night and blaming Guilder so that you can declare war on them.
Each night you & your team may choose 1 player to kill. If your investigator finds Westley he will hand him over to you for questioning, by Count Rugen. Your team will win only when all who stand against you are dead.

Night is official ... you have 24 hours from now to turn in your night actions.

There is one clue in this story.

• Love 1

Spruce? Spruce??? You had me killed???

My King and I are avenged! We can rest happily in a ghostly, pre-, during and post-coital tangle.

Boy, do I ever hope that squicked our boy out.... ;)

• Love 3

Nothing worse than a kissing book starring your geriatric dead parents.

Nice work!

I have to admit that I was inspired by Oinky's post about having to get dressed. She's in Negril... I wouldn't bother with clothes at all.
  • Love 2