Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

(edited)

Also, while typing that, this came to me - is it possible that there could be a representative of Guilder in our midst??? Hmm...

Does anyone live there? 

p.s.  We made it to page 100!!!

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well. Clearly this game is much easier from the mod side, where I knew everything. I will hesitantly join this DL - if Lisin is in fact who she is suspected to be, obviously I would want revenge. I just won't have anything to do once I achieve it.

7 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, aquarian1, Athena, stacey, TJtrack99), 1 to be revenge-ier (the TV show Revenge actually used that word in an ad once, which my friends and I mock them for constantly)
1 to DL Oinky Boinky (Lisin) 7 to make it happen
1 to DL Dougal (Dougal) 7 to confuse everyone with the threat of suicide long enough to get a read on the situation

• Love 2
Any requests before I go not quietly into this good night?

If you're being truthful about Rugen and your abilities, I think you should see what you can find out about either MarkHB (Makers Mark) or Lady Calypso (Rum, 2:23.) 

I believe you'll survive the Night again.  You always do.

• Love 1

I don't know, Drogo. I'm incredibly torn here. I'm not convinced by OB, yet I trust you and I have to say, even as a boy, that Rugen was a rotten shit. This "clue?" Sucks.

8 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, aquarian1, Athena, stacey, TJtrack99, caprice), 0 in hopes of vengeance.
1 to DL Dougal (Dougal) 7 to confuse everyone with the threat of suicide long enough to get a read on the situation

• Love 2
(edited)

Sorry guys, I've been really busy the last couple of days with unexpected family stuff, so I haven't been able to be on here to participate. But I've read through everything and I do trust Oinky. I will believe what Oinky says because you feel very confident. I'm happy to take down a bad guy and I really hope you're right! Let's pray that we got this bad guy, but you seem confident, so so will I.

9 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, aquarian1, Athena, stacey, TJtrack99, caprice, Lady Calypso), -1 in getting the bad guy and keeping them all dead.

ETA: Ooops, I didn't see caprice's post until right now. But...I guess I'll keep my vote as double dead?

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

Nobody floats in anymore.  People just be walking in like they're not even dead. 

Which Jessie/Jesse was it who came in rattling chains like Jacob Marley?  That was awesome. 

• Love 4
(edited)

TCS that Nerd Block is sweet. We do Loot Crate but I'm thinking of adding Nerd Block now. Man. Jealous!! PS. the shirt is a reference to BBC's Sherlock which fits withe theme. ETA OR I could finish watching the dang video before posting :P

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 1

I'm a sucker for anything watermelon flavored, but I also hate gin sooooo, I'm going with watermelon martini but only if it's made with vodka (which I assume it is). Please and thank you!  

• Love 1

I was cutting up a big watermelon last night, and left with a ton of juice. Ended up drinking it with tonic, but a martini would have been a better choice....

• Love 2

What do you think, cocktails grow on trees aquarian1 ?  We only have one of each. 

*Color me shocked that nobody's locked up the Orange Splash yet.

• Love 1

I'm a sucker for anything watermelon flavored, but I also hate gin sooooo, I'm going with watermelon martini but only if it's made with vodka (which I assume it is). Please and thank you!  

Why do you hate gin, Lis? Which ones have you tried?

• Love 2

Why do you hate gin, Lis? Which ones have you tried?

It tastes like soap to me I think? My Opa drinks G&Ts and I've tried them (maybe it's the T I don't like) his gin is always the best (generally it's Hendricks, Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray) but I've never liked his drinks... I should try something that doesn't have the tonic in it... it's entirely possible all these years I've said I hated gin but really I hate tonic. 

• Love 2

It tastes like soap to me I think? My Opa drinks G&Ts and I've tried them (maybe it's the T I don't like) his gin is always the best (generally it's Hendricks, Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray) but I've never liked his drinks... I should try something that doesn't have the tonic in it... it's entirely possible all these years I've said I hated gin but really I hate tonic. 

I think this is a big possibility because the standard tonic by Canada Dry (owned by Texas's Dr Pepper) is not good and full of high fructose corn syrup. Tonic is an acquired taste though because it is a bit on the bitter side. It is suppose to complement the juniper/floral notes of good gins. I usually only do G&T's at home with local tonic and from a bar I know that makes their own. You can make it yourself, but it's a bit chore if you're not into mixology.

• Love 2

I've never been a huge gin fan, but you don't even taste it in the new-fangled fancy mixed drinks. Once you've got St Germain and grapefruit juice (or watermelon!), the juniper really fades away.

• Love 3

Not all gins are the same. For the basics, Tanqueray is probably the "ginniest" tasting gin, and Beafeater the least "ginniest". Of course, like with any liquor, the more expensive/top shelf you get the differences are even greater.

• Love 3

I wanted 9, 10, or the cran one...they all gone, so I will take the orange splash.

I love Tanqueray. I like gin on its own or in near anything, but I do not like tonic water. I am not going to get malaria, so I don't see the need. I drink gin and ginger-ale a lot axtually

• Love 2

My mom likes the occasional glass of hard liquor (I'm mostly a beer girl, with occasional forays into wine and the odd margarita or mimosa), so she generally has a small selection of mid-shelf choices (gin, vodka, whisky/scotch). For reasons a few years ago, she'd occasionally repackage gin/vodka/whiskey/etc in a J&B flask she had on hand. At some point, for some reason (I don't know, I've asked, the answer becomes very convoluted), she transported some Resolve in the flask. And thought she cleaned it out well. She didn't.

The funny part? The family friend who drank out of the flask the next time didn't say a thing. Until he finished the flask, and mentioned it had a 'funny taste.'

Mom no longer transports Resolve in flasks. Also, family friend just turned 77, and we often offer him a glass of the 'hard stuff' while holding up a bottle of Resolve...

• Love 3

Jesse said new-fangled.  I like Jesse.

Aw!

My mom likes the occasional glass of hard liquor (I'm mostly a beer girl, with occasional forays into wine and the odd margarita or mimosa), so she generally has a small selection of mid-shelf choices (gin, vodka, whisky/scotch). For reasons a few years ago, she'd occasionally repackage gin/vodka/whiskey/etc in a J&B flask she had on hand. At some point, for some reason (I don't know, I've asked, the answer becomes very convoluted), she transported some Resolve in the flask. And thought she cleaned it out well. She didn't.

The funny part? The family friend who drank out of the flask the next time didn't say a thing. Until he finished the flask, and mentioned it had a 'funny taste.'

Mom no longer transports Resolve in flasks. Also, family friend just turned 77, and we often offer him a glass of the 'hard stuff' while holding up a bottle of Resolve...

That is hilarious!

• Love 2

We only have a Mai Tai (rum, curacao, lime juice) and a John Daly (lemonade, iced tea, vodka) left... and the ice is getting all melty.

Vodka tends to make me naked. I'll take the Mai Tai.

I have two flasks. One that I use and one from my mother that I've never had occasion to use.

• Love 3