Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

Sorry, I just think the Rum/Calypso/Genesis makes sense... or at least more sense at the moment, though I could be persuaded towards other viable clues that aren't random letters... and like I said, I trust Drogo and at this point that counts. 

3 to DL Lady Calypso (Drogo, aquarian1, Lisin), 6 dance to the beat of the steal drums.
1 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky) 8 to keep this one going

• Love 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Do you definitely know something, OB?  

Because you pointed a finger, but no info.  If the group decides to go with the Lisin vote today that's okay but I feel good about the Lady/2:23 clue.  

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

I have had a migraine ALL FRIGGING DAY and have yet to attempt that epic story. I thought I saw something in the Night story, but no longer remember what it was. If I'm not in pain tomorrow, I'll see if I can find it again.

In the meantime, I'd like to point out that we have 72 hours to discuss things. I, for one, really need to use that time.

• Love 1

Do you definitely know something, OB?  

Because you pointed a finger, but no info.  If the group decides to go with the Lisin vote today that's okay but I feel good about the Lady/2:23 clue.  

Yes I referred back to your clue because:

I now think it is correct

How else can I claim to know this?

This is not all bad. If we don't DL Lisin today one of two things will happen:

Her gang will take me out tonight and Lisin is dead meat the next day when my role is revealed

They have to let me continue in the game - yay!! 

(checkmate, stalemate?)

If we DL Lisin I will ask for protection again tonight but you will see that I deserve it.

• Love 1

Wait, what? I come back after a busy day to find myself on the chopping block? That sucks. I can promise you that I am a good person, I really am. I'm just trying to do my job and get the bad guys, just like you. I feel like Oinky knows something, though.

I agree with caprice, though. As much as I'm trusting Oinky, I also don't want to jump in on lynches right off the bat. Do you think we could have some more discussion? There are two clues in the story, yes? And I know the clues can't be pointed toward me; I'm really a hero. I just want to be absolutely sure we are getting the right person and not, you know, me.

• Love 1

Really - ugh - encounters with ROUS and another hero mostly dead...

We need discussion but we do need to take out the trash...

1 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky) 8 to prove the Drogo clue was true but dropped too soon.

There is 1 clue in this post

a ruse generated to convince Drogo and the town of what must be done. 

There is one clue in this post

Counting on you guys. Think about who you trust and why.  

Think about who I trust and why.

Beautiful day here, I have a game of golf to go play, meanwhile don't let Lisin off the hook. 

There is one clue in this post

• Love 1

I don't think you would put yourself out there like this if you didn't know something about something. I am going to sleep on it and decide tomorrow if I want to go your way, OB.

(I hope your way is more sportsmanlike than my way.)

• Love 1

As I said I believe there is an upside to it not going 'my way'. Initially I was a bit antsy ie frustrated about not getting the DL, but once I looked at the ramifications of this sort of stalemate, I am ok with it.

It may be a way for me to stay in the game which has been tenuous since night one. 

I'm going to sleep on it as well. 

Long day of golf where myself and this really cool 73 year old Jamaican lady kicked the other players asses and I shot a 98 on a challenging course. A good but tiring day. 

• Love 1

Picking up what you're putting down, OB. Count Rugen ruined my bestie's modeling career so I'm with you. I hope you speak truth.

2 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo), 7 to count the fingers on her right hand

2 to DL Lady Calypso (aquarian1, Lisin), 7 dance to the beat of the steel drums

• Love 1

Thanks. I was thinking there may have been some discussion before the DL on LC was started. 

So you think the villains were discussing starting another DL on LC... yet Drogo started that DL, A1 joined and then so did I because as I've said because of my research I personally know Drogo is good, however I have no idea who you are OB. Vague clues in posts don't give me any confidence and aside from a story clue that every person here has said didn't seem thick enough, you've said nothing to show that there are any clues pointing towards me. Which makes me think this is all just a bunch of malarkey to cover yourself. You've been insistent on needing protection constantly but have yet to show you've ever been targeted... it all seems fishy to me.

So, either you're a hero and terribly mistaken about me, or you're really the villain and this is all a misdirect. Just look at the votes! The only successful DL I've been on was of a unrecruited neutral, the same cannot be said for you. 

We've completely gone back on the "Eyes without a face/no known name/no known face" clue (SVNBob, Dougle, caprice even with literally no avatar could mean no face...), and the "Ting Tings" clue (stacey) also sounds good, there's also "to/ga he/ra" (Athena) which is thin but still sounds way more likely than 3 words separated by 4 or whatever it is that points to me supposedly...

I've been here every Day helping try to work this out with everyone and rushing to DL me (a hero) rather than actually taking the time we have to look into these things further seems like something a bad guy would do. So, based on actual game play and knowledge that I am good, because I must defend myself even if I'm only a humble hero, I must do something. And it is this:

2 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo), 7 to count the fingers on her right hand

1 to DL Lady Calypso (aquarian1), 8 dance to the beat of the steel drums

1 to DL Oinky Boinky (Lisin) 8 to do what's right

• Love 1

You are right Drogo started on that DL and jumped on by A1 and then yourself. 

He dropped off and moved to lynch you when I convinced him of who you are. 

Town:

Now Lisin is saying she is an investigator and investigated Drogo. 

All the more reason to lynch her if she is a villain investigator. 

I don't need clues all we need is a DL on Lisin and you will see what I am telling you is correct. 

Clues that were mentioned before on SVNBob and Athena - I came out and cleared them pretty early and apologized to them for suspecting them. 

Lisin, starting a DL on me is a bad move for you, as soon as my role is revealed you are done. 

Sorry it's the truth. 

• Love 1

Okay, this is what I saw during the Night story. If it means anything to anyone (or is just an "other side of the pond" thing), I'm going to be curious. Although, not Parker.

Pirate No1 whacked the Albino over the head with the pommel of his blade and he dropped to the ground like a sack of rotten tomatoes.

I've always heard it as a sack of potatoes.

• Love 1

Yeah, does "rotten tomatoes" get you anywhere other than the movie review site? For example, there's nothing like the "toga" possible clue, right? Tento, entom, tentom??

• Love 1

I'm ready to retire from letter/word clues, but since you mention it Jesse there is another "Domino" clue:  

Humperdinck ran in and leaned ominously over Westley

You're probably not a fan of that one right?  :) 

This part of Machiabelly's bio confuses me: 

"No Result"..?  The hell??

What does it mean, what does it mean... It's one of the strangest parts of a bio I've ever seen.

Not sure how much it matters but I am thinking if one of the movie characters inquires about one of the characters reading the book, they wouldn't be allowed to know about them because it would break the fourth wall and like their heads would explode or something.

This would be the boy, the grandfather, and maybe the mother. 

• Love 1

TJ, something's definitely weird about pernicious sprout syndrome.  

No record of it in any search engine.  Could be a fairy-tale illness, could be a clue.  

Oinky, the whole "no reply" thing probably refers to this: If I'm an investigator and asking about another character, if that character is being protected, I might not get the information I want on them.

• Love 1

Oinky, the whole "no reply" thing probably refers to this: If I'm an investigator and asking about another character, if that character is being protected, I might not get the information I want on them.

I don't intend to argue for my surmise because as I said it is not important but we always have protected people in every single game and have not had the no reply or no result answer to investigations.

However in this particular game we have a fourth wall situation AND a no reply situation which certainly would protect the fourth wall. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Also regarding the possible 2:23 clue: 2+2+3 = SeVeN, and Bob has suspected me when I know for a fact that I am a Hero. Don't know if I'm ready to DL on it, but figured I'd share it. I should be back tonight to see how the voting is going.

Edited to change "doing" to "going". Brain fart

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1

I am not a villain investigator. I promise you all. Aside from that I don't really have much else to add. I do find the "Seven" clue to be a new interesting possibility but I've always said I'm terrible at clue finding. I spent a lot of time trying to see if I could see any connections with Baron of Morovia and pernicious sprout syndrome because those stuck out for me as well, but I came up with nothing I could link back here. Sorry gang! I guess I got nothing else at this time. 

• Love 1

I still feel like all we have to go on are people's assertions, and I am clearly not good at telling who is shady and who is not! I'm not totally sold, but will throw in my vote to at least keep things going through Monday.

3 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse), 6 to count the fingers on her right hand
1 to DL Lady Calypso (aquarian1), 8 dance to the beat of the steel drums
1 to DL Oinky Boinky (Lisin) 8 to do what's right

• Love 2

Lisin, of course you are not a villain investigator, just a villain who claims they researched Drogo somehow.

Jesse, I have more to lose sharing what I know and once Lisin is done I will need protection again. Thanks for the vote.

• Love 1

Also regarding the possible 2:23 clue: 2+2+3 = SeVeN, and Bob has suspected me when I know for a fact that I am a Hero. Don't know if I'm ready to DL on it, but figured I'd share it. I should be back tonight to see how the voting is going.

SVNBob should not be on any DL list.

• Love 1

For those just tuning in, Oinky is strongly clueing that Lisin is Humperdink's six-fingerz-on-the-right-hand man.

I don't have anything but OB's word, but it seems unlikely she'd put herself out there like that on a fib. If it IS a fib, and Lisin's a hero... I'll be starting a DL on Oinky tomorrow.

I'm going to stick with this one for today. Curious to see the outcome.

• Love 1

I reserve the right to change my vote, but I'd like to extend our Day at least..

5 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, aquarian1, Athena), 4 to go to bed.
1 to DL Oinky Boinky (Lisin) 8 to make it happen

• Love 1
(edited)

This was itching at me, and I went back to check. In the DC TVU game that Mark and Lisin moderated in November/December, I was the Villain investigator. Night Two, we investigated SVNBob, who was Det. Renee Montoya, and happened to be protected by Christopher Chance (The Crazed Spruce) that particular Night. This was the PM that I received from MarkHB in response to the Investigation;

Your investigation failed to return a result.

Okay, back to the game at hand. I also think the "two minutes and twenty three seconds" stood out, as well as "pernicious sprout syndrome" - which seems like it could mean something regarding exceedingly slow growth? Hmm. Mark's avatar is a picture of a young child. But that seems a stretch.

I'm going to be up a bit longer, and musing on all this. I'd like to see at least an extension, so I will cast a vote in an effort to get that at the least.

ETA: I think we need ten for a DL, right? 18 players left, a majority is ten of 18?

ETA again: Just realized the players haven't been re-numbered. So with 15 players, the number needed is 8, right?

Edited by stacey
  • Love 1

Here are my thoughts

1. DL’ing a hero is a free killing for the villains and in addition to being down a hero the heroes are down whatever power the DL character had, I would rather another day of accumulating clues and losing a hero at night than losing a hero to a bad DL and another at Night to the villain that is just math.

2. The Hera/Toga clue may be the clue, but I can see no distinction in the clue between Athena or Calypso

3. The Liqour Rum Brandy Makers Mark clue I think might be stronger

4. I don’t even know what this means.

So at this point my suspects in order of suspicousosity:

MarkHb

Lady Calypso

Athena

TMunz

However no argument is particularly strong right now. I am holding opinion and will chill until a good argument, or an overwhelming DL is underway, or the day ends. Yes it is fence sitting, but we aren’t down a hero yet, we are accumulating clues, thoughts and opinions, and I hate making mistakes

The way I see it the more dialogue, the more talking, the more participation, the better, because the only person that cannot lie are the posts of a corpse hero. When heroes start falling, their previous posts are gospel so it is advantageous for heroes to post often.

btw I am going to edit this for clarity and grammar

There's more....

So here we go

Clues that have been sussed out by people of various levels of trustworthiness

Day 1 – 1 clue

Oinky Boinky:  Rum – Alcohol – Makers Mark = MarkHb

Stacey:  Fire Swamp – Fire – Tim the Enchanter = TJTrack99 avatar

Bob: Rum – pirates – Tmunz’s captain hat avatar - TMunz

Night 1 – 1 clue

Drogo: - the rage – hera = Athena 

TMunz: Captain Grumpy – Ninth Incarnation of  Dr Who – the number 9 = TJTrack99

Day 2 –  1 clue

Drogo:  To gain – To ga – Toga – Greek fashion = Athena

Oinky Boinky:  2 misuses of the word still – Alcohol – Makers Mark = Markhb

Other

Curious Parker: Tmunz may or may not have been stopped by CP doing something = TMunz

Jesse, Stacey: TMunz being shifty = Tmunz

[snip]

Okay, this was all before we DL'd Jesse as Yellin. That night, Hanged Man was killed by that rotten Rugen. Yes, I'm a suspicious type right now.

[snip]

Town:

Now Lisin is saying she is an investigator and investigated Drogo. 

All the more reason to lynch her if she is a villain investigator. 

I don't need clues all we need is a DL on Lisin and you will see what I am telling you is correct. 

Clues that were mentioned before on SVNBob and Athena - I came out and cleared them pretty early and apologized to them for suspecting them. 

Lisin, starting a DL on me is a bad move for you, as soon as my role is revealed you are done. 

Sorry it's the truth. 

"Investigated Drogo?" Like there's a need to investigate him? He's being blatant with hints at who he is. Of course, you have to trust him, so maybe I'm not quite as suspicious as I should be. I'm not saying I completely trust Lisin, but I also haven't seen anything that points in her direction.

Except maybe the tomatoes....

This was itching at me, and I went back to check. In the DC TVU game that Mark and Lisin moderated in November/December, I was the Villain investigator. Night Two, we investigated SVNBob, who was Det. Renee Montoya, and happened to be protected by Christopher Chance (The Crazed Spruce) that particular Night. This was the PM that I received from MarkHB in response to the Investigation;

Your investigation failed to return a result.

Okay, back to the game at hand. I also think the "two minutes and twenty three seconds" stood out, as well as "pernicious sprout syndrome" - which seems like it could mean something regarding exceedingly slow growth? Hmm. Mark's avatar is a picture of a young child. But that seems a stretch.

I'm going to be up a bit longer, and musing on all this. I'd like to see at least an extension, so I will cast a vote in an effort to get that at the least.

ETA: I think we need ten for a DL, right? 18 players left, a majority is ten of 18?

ETA again: Just realized the players haven't been re-numbered. So with 15 players, the number needed is 8, right?

Does it? What if we pair that with the whole "Makers' Mark" discussion and Hanged Man's earlier suspicions of him?

That makers mark thing was early and pretty slim based on maybe alcohol clues.I discounted it when I threw it out myself.

The request for a DL on Lisin is not based on clues but knowing who she is Drogo's clue against her may be valid.

I have been pretty clear that I have nothing to gain by falsely lynching Lisin. The villains do not know who the special heroes are so IF I was a baddie it would be really stupid to all this just to get one Joe blow townie out.

The proof will be in her reveal.

What clue? The one that was the first letter of three consecutive words and "in" three words later? That's even slimmer than Makers Mark, and you weren't the only person to toss it out.

I'm casting a vote at this point, but I'm doing it MORE to keep the discussion alive, and less for Day to end at 5 am my time. I am hopeful that things are still being discussed and that we don't enter another Night at a stalemate. I'm also correcting both the votes based on my count of existing players. If I'm missing the mark, someone please help me out, but if we have fifteen players active, we don't need nine to complete the DL.

6 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, aquarian1, Athena, stacey), 2 to end this round, but hoping we get some more conversation going first!
1 to DL Oinky Boinky (Lisin) 7 to make it happen

• Love 1

I haven't had a chance to really catch up yet, so this is purely a keeping-it-open nonsense vote. Most likely situation is that I come in tomorrow and switch to Lisin, but we'll see.

6 to DL Lisin (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, aquarian1, Athena, stacey), 2 to end this round, but hoping we get some more conversation going first!

1 to DL Dougal (Dougal) 7 to confuse everyone with the threat of suicide long enough to get a read on the situation

• Love 2

And I recanted shortly thereafter.  My vote then was not against you, but for someone else.  And as soon as another option became available, I changed to it.  I believe you're a Hero too.  Although you can understand why I, of all people, might confuse you for a villain at first.  Something about some of the company you keep.

Re: the "No Result" option for Westley's investigations.  When I read that, my first thought was of a Power Shielder power that prevents a target from being read.  Because I had that power in the first game we played here.  My second thought was a Role Blocker power, like in Town of Salem, which prevents a target from doing Night actions.  Either of those could explain a No Result on an investigation, and fit better than a meta-story explanation.  But I'm not discounting that meta-story explanation, because it does make some sense.

I'm still somewhat in shock from what happened overNight, which is why I haven't said anything until now.  Some of you will know why; others can only speculate with varying degrees of accuracy.  But I have no information to add.  As such, I'm not sure which way to vote.  The only thing I might do is join in on Dougal's Queening...but I hesitate because that could turn on him very quickly.

I don't know what to do.  I'm so very lost right now.  Someone...help me...

• Love 1
(edited)

What clue? The one that was the first letter of three consecutive words and "in" three words later? That's even slimmer than Makers Mark, and you weren't the only person to toss it out.

Hmm written to infer that I tossed out the Drogo clue on Lisin but really meaning I tossed out the Makers Mark clue which I admitted a few times already.

I in fact asked Drogo why he dropped that clue and part of it was that no one had the will to DL on day one. 

Then I knew about Lisin and referred to it again as now possibly being a good clue. 

Some people are referring back to things said on day one when we were all spit balling and nicely neglecting subsequent discussion.

Edited by Oinky Boinky
"Investigated Drogo?" Like there's a need to investigate him? He's being blatant with hints at who he is. Of course, you have to trust him, so maybe I'm not quite as suspicious as I should be. I'm not saying I completely trust Lisin, but I also haven't seen anything that points in her direction.

No need to investigate or protect Drogo, Heroes.  I've been completely honest with my character clues, because as I told the Mods, I'm playing my favorite character in the film (my favorite in 1987 and my favorite today) - and well, this character is about as loyal and honest as they get.  And if the Villains want to use that info to kill me, whatever- come at me bro.  I got to be _________ for a few weeks; check it off the bucket list. 

While I wasn't sold enough on my clue D1 to start a lynch, it's a word clue which has been very popular in these games. 

In the other games' recaps, I remember thinking "I wouldn't have gotten that clue even if they told me what sentence it was in."  Like "go devil or"/"despite romance once golden" being clues for me.

Also, we now have a player who's guaranteeing that Lisin is Rugen.  OB has volunteered to DL herself if she's wrong, and of course we all will anyway.  This DL will tell us something about the player who lives, which is more than most DLs will.  If she's telling the truth, we'll know she's someone we can trust.  If she's lying, she's gone anyway. 

caprice - I like the prospect of believing OB for today, and possibly killing Rugen.  I have a hard time believing that OB could be a Villain and go this hard against one individual Hero.  At this point in the game as GoT/Whedon Villains, we were happy to let the heroes come up with their own ideas and encourage a DL on anyone besides us.  We never went full throttle and made guarantees about a specific Hero being a specific Villain, amiright?

I'm also correcting both the votes based on my count of existing players. If I'm missing the mark, someone please help me out, but if we have fifteen players active, we don't need nine to complete the DL.

Don't EVER let me do math by myself.  EVER. 

I haven't had a chance to really catch up yet, so this is purely a keeping-it-open nonsense vote. Most likely situation is that I come in tomorrow and switch to Lisin, but we'll see.

1 to DL Dougal (Dougal) 7 to confuse everyone with the threat of suicide long enough to get a read on the situation

You crazy, dawg? 

I'm still somewhat in shock from what happened overNight, which is why I haven't said anything until now.  Some of you will know why; others can only speculate with varying degrees of accuracy.  But I have no information to add.  As such, I'm not sure which way to vote.  The only thing I might do is join in on Dougal's Queening...but I hesitate because that could turn on him very quickly.

I don't know what to do.  I'm so very lost right now.  Someone...help me...

Most of us are pretty shocked at what happened last night.  And I already had a white horse for Westley, so now I have one too many...

If one thinks Rum and Pirates are real clues, I'd say they would both point to Lady Calypso since Rum and Pirates are associated with the Caribbean and so is Calypso music.

I don't think pirates can be clues in a TPB game.  QuickFind in the TPB script says "pirate" is mentioned 24 times in the film. 

Also, I have to say again that I really dislike the Makers Mark clue, unless we've had some whiskey clue I'm not remembering.  Rum/brandy in no way reflect whiskey/Makers Mark.  We drink all Night every Night; we can distinguish rum and brandy from whiskey. 

Rum and 2:23 creation of Woman are more sensible Lady Calypso clues for me, but Lisin joined the DL on LC- so if Lisin is a Villain, LC most likely is not.  We'd know more about LC (and OB) based on what the outcome of a Lisin DL would be.

• Love 2
Rum and 2:23 creation of Woman are more sensible Lady Calypso clues for me, but Lisin joined the DL on LC- so if Lisin is a Villain, LC most likely is not.  We'd know more about LC (and OB) based on what the outcome of a Lisin DL would be.

RE: Italicized - Not necessarily. Villains sometimes vote for their fellow Villains to throw the track off. I actually started a DL on a fellow Villain in one game (sorry about that @writingdreamer!), so simply voting FOR someone isn't proof that they aren't aligned.

Also, while typing that, this came to me - is it possible that there could be a representative of Guilder in our midst??? Hmm...

• Love 2