Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

True fact: whiskey made in the USA cannot be aged in a used barrel.  Used whiskey barrels find new homes aging beer and rum, not to mention being flower gardens, but whiskey barrels are always new.

• Love 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True fact: whiskey made in the USA cannot be aged in a used barrel.  Used whiskey barrels find new homes aging beer and rum, not to mention being flower gardens, but whiskey barrels are always new.

I KNOW THIS! This is what happens on vacations to Ireland, where you are on multiple distillery tours. Also, having a cousin who works at a distillery in Colorado on said vacation.

I just wanted to go to the Guinness brewery at St. James Gate. Which I DID! Let me find a picture....

• Love 1

Is that no whiskey? I know bourbon needs to be aged in New Oak Charred barrels (and be greater than 50% corn) but I didn't know that you were not allowed to age any whiskey in a used barrel.

After American bourbon makers use their New Oak Charred barrels once, they are no longer considered new so they sell the barrels and scotch makers buy them so they can age their scotch.

(edited)

Day 8

Peace talks did not go exactly well following the death of Agnew. Had Nixon a body, he would have needed the whole Planet Express crew to hold him back from attacking DAVE for killing his friend and confidant. As he was merely a head, all he could do was curse at the PTVers for their trap as Zapp Brannigan carried him off to the ship. The Planet Express crew raced back to the semi-safety of the Milky Way with Zapp, Nixon, and Kif in tow.
          When they arrived back in New New York, the Professor greeted them cheerfully with a hearty welcome.
          “Good news everyone!”
          “Nibbler?” Leela asked, spying her pet just beyond the Professor. “Nibbler!” She exclaimed as she ran to pick up the Nibblonian for a giant hug. “Nibbler is it really you?”
           “Yes. It is indeed.” Nibbler wheezed. “Now could you please let go of me, it’s getting hard to breathe.”
           “Oh my schnooky-ookums! I’m so glad you’re alive! But, how? How are you alive? We buried you! I saw the Brainspawn kill you.”
           “Well you see, the Professor has…” Nibbler started before being interrupted by the Professor.
           “If you would have listened to my good news, you would know. Good news everyone! I’ve managed to create my Re-Birth machine, bringing the recently dead back to life via the mystical power of stem cells.”
           “Stem cells? Aren’t those those things that are controversial?” Fry asked.
           “Ha! Controversial? Maybe in your time. Besides, those were fetal stem cells. These are adult stem cells taken from some freshly killed adults.”
           “Oh! Gotcha. Wait, what? Repeat that last part?” Replied Fry, yet again confused.
           “Oh nevermind that. What’s important is that those who were dead may not be dead for long!” The Professor cackled.
Suddenly there was a loud crash as the door to the office slammed shut. Funny, no one had heard it open but it had unmistakably been closed.
          “Puny Humans! Where is the one called Nixon? I heard that he would be returning here.” Demanded Emperor Lrrr OF THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8, pretending he didn’t know his old poker buddy. “I am here to conquer this planet and unseat him as ruler.”
          “Over my dead body!” Leela shouted angrily. She despised Nixon and all he stood for, after all the man was a despot, but she would not stand for an evil alien overlord. Better the devil you know right?
          She took a stance to fight him, combat boots at the ready. The emperor chortled. “Ha! Puny human. You stand no chance against me! I, who devoured the very big bird, Job! I, who have conquered planets! I, who if Ross, would eat whole the other Friends when they angered me as I would be the largest Friend. I, who...OWWWW! You kicked me!”
          “Yeah cause you wouldn’t just shut up!” Leela said. “And I’ll do it again! Hiiiiayaaaaw!” And she did. She kicked him again, followed by a series of punches. None of her attacks seemed to have any effect on the reptilian alien.
          “Your attacks only make me stronger!” Emperor Lrrr cried. And then he opened his mouth wide and chomped down, devouring Leela to her torso. With another bite, her legs were gone and all that remained were her boots.
          “Leeeeeeeeellllaaa!!!!” Cried Fry, devastated at the loss of his love. “Professor, bring her back, bring her back!”
          “I’m so sorry, Fry,” the Professor said shaking his head. “There’s nothing more that I can do for her now.”

Still Alive and Well in New New York

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • Lady Calypso
  • Dougal
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • caprice
  • BizBuzz
  • The Onion Knight
  • Jesse
  • TJTrack99

Now in Robot Hell

• HangedMan - Scruffy - Magistrate
    What else can be said, you are Scruffy. Planet Express’s janitor, most of the employees have no idea you exist. Regardless, you have a deep and abiding love for Planet Express (and your mop bucket). Where else could you do so little and get away with viewing so much Zero G Juggs? As such, during twilight you may protect someone from the results of a day lynch if you fear they have been wrongly accused.
  • Deadpool - Huge Brain - role blocker
    You are the Huge Brain of the Brainspawn, an alien race set out to understand the whole universe. Once your race has compiled all of the information on the universe, you will destroy it to ensure no future information can be created. Your race has the power to stupification fields, making everyone in the vicinity dumber. Your ability to block the Delta Brain Wave allows you to select one person per night and stop their abilities for the night.
  • Lisin - Hermes - Tracker
    You are Hermes Conrad, Grade 36 bureaucrat and proud of it. If there ever was a man born to file, stamp, and collate it would be you. Before becoming a bureaucrat professionally (let’s be real, you’ve always been a bureaucrat. You were requiring applications in triplicate to your tenth birthday party!), you were an Olympic limboer who was only bested by your fiercest rival Barbados Slim. Although you are anal only 78.36% of the time, each night you may fill out the proper forms to track the movements of one player.
  • Drogo - Hedonismbot - Jack-of-all-Trades
    You are Hedonismbot, a robot with with the concept of hedonism written right into your very code! As your sole purpose is to seek pleasure, you over indulge in just about everything - chocolate icing, sex orgies, opera, you name it. You are made of solid gold and have a robosexual relationship with your valet Djambi. You have the ability to indulge in powers, to once investigate, once protect, and once operate as a vigilante. How delightful!
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker - Donbot - Vanilla
    You are the Donbot, head of the Robot Mafia. You are from the planet Sicily 8 and are accompanied by your goons Clamps and Joey Mousepad who do your dirty work. You are out for revenge, seeking penance for the many crimes Bender has committed against you not limited to sleeping with your wife and your daughter! You have no additional powers in this game.
  • OinkyBoinky - Officer URL - investigator pair
    You are Officer URL, the robot half of the buddy cop pair of Smitty and URL (pronounced Earl). Programmed to be a cop, you have many features to employ in the capturing of bad guys such as a siren, a megaphone, and a violations printer. You often use excessive force, even in non-violent circumstances. Your baton looks not unlike a light saber, although is noticably duller. You may communicate with Officer Smitty outside the main game thread and together may select one person per night to investigate.
  • Spiro Agnew - NPC
  • aquarian1 - Leela - investigator
    You are Turanga Leela! Former cryogenic counselor turned space pilot, you were abandoned as a baby and believed that you were the last of your alien species. Although you’re actually a mutant whose parents are still alive and living in the sewers below New New York, your upbringing in the Orphanarium made you tough. Strong willed and confident, you are a fierce protector of all living things. Your only weakness is your insecurity about your single eye, something that shouldn’t be that unusual in a world populated by creatures like Zoidberg! You kept the chip scanner from your last job as a career counselor which allows you to see the true nature of each character. Each night you may discover the role of one player in the game.

There is one clue in the story, please allow 12 hours for discussion. Day will end after a vote or by 7:30pm Saturday EDT. 

*Edited to remove aquarian1 from the living list. Please pardon my momentary idiocy and resume play*

Edited by egavasc
  • Love 2

Noo, not aquarian! I mean, Leela! I mean... oh, whatever.

Did any of us get anything out of night actions? saoirse, I'm not seeing anything odd in that second line.

I've got company coming in for a couple days tomorrow, but will check in before I go to pick them up in the morning. Other that that, I'll be offline until sometime on Sunday. I'm hoping to be able to participate in a vote.

saoirse, I'm not seeing anything odd in that second line.

It's the phrasing that seems off. It caught my eye, but that may mean nothing. At this point, I'm just throwing everything out there, since we've lost two of our most prolific commenters.

It's the phrasing that seems off. It caught my eye, but that may mean nothing. At this point, I'm just throwing everything out there, since we've lost two of our most prolific commenters.

Ah, understandable.

I'm good with the phrasing, but that doesn't mean it ... doesn't mean anything. That was about as clear as mud.

Was there anything in that bit where the emperor was yapping about everyone he would eat?

Then again, do we really need clues at this point?  We're pretty sure that there are only two Villains at this point; Nixon and Lrrr, or Biz and Mark respectively.  So it's merely a matter of taking them out.  The question, as it has been, is the order.

Based on the stories, I think we can assume Biz was a 2-kill and that we finally eliminated one of her lives (Agnew).  But we've also assumed there's been a protector on their side, which by process of elimination has to be Mark.  And since we hit Biz last time, we could further assume that Mark had the protection on him at that point.

So the question is now which of them is Mark protecting today.  I believe we're further assuming that he can't protect the same person consecutively.  So that would mean Mark is protecting Biz today, leaving himself vulnerable.

I think we're going to have to target Mark today in order to have a chance at winning.

I do not disagree with SVNBob's assessment of who we need to take out. However, I need to share some thoughts.

We started this round with 23 players. I have now counted the 'Living' players about seven times. We have 16 players alive, two who have 'come back.'

I think it's dangerous to believe there are only two Villains left. I could be wrong, and I freely admit that. My thought process is that if there are only two Villains left, that means there are 14 Heroes left. Which seems...really top heavy? I mean, YAY Heroes (as I am one, after all!), but 23 total players, with just five Villains? Those odds are..just..not right?  And while I'm very happy to welcome Heroes back from the Afterlife, I'm a bit concerned about that as well - no offense intended, Jesse or TJTrack99! But, did they come back...right? (tm BTVS)

It's late (I know, I know, I am going to be cranky in the morning, and it's my own fault), and I may come back in the morning and retract some of my rambling. But I needed to put this out there.

5 to 18 is close enough to the recommended ratio of 1 to 3 that I don't think that's an issue.

But in looking back at the numbers, I spotted something.  Something I'm ashamed that we've overlooked.  We're assuming 5 Villains, but we've only "found" 4.

Deadpool and MuuMuu were Huge Brain and the DonBot, and Biz and Mark are Nixon and Lrrr as we seem to agree.  That's only 4.  Where and who is #5?  This also throws off my earlier post.  Perhaps the protector isn't Mark, which means who knows where the protection lies.

Jesse, we need you on this.  And our protector needs to cover Jesse.  We can't rely on our investigators coming back from the dead, since we're not even sure how that's happening yet.

OMG

NOOOOOOOOOOOO ... NOT AGNEW!!!

Heads will roll ...

Ok, so this game is madness, that much I agree … but it’s a good madness for some of us … ha!

All I can do is welcome you to the dark side … you know who you are …

I am on board with a Mark target today as voting for me would be a waste of time, and since you all are sure I am a politician (which I am) you know you can believe me 100% because i always tell the truth (usually).

Then again, do we really need clues at this point?  We're pretty sure that there are only two Villains at this point; Nixon and Lrrr, or Biz and Mark respectively.  So it's merely a matter of taking them out.  The question, as it has been, is the order.

Based on the stories, I think we can assume Biz was a 2-kill and that we finally eliminated one of her lives (Agnew).  But we've also assumed there's been a protector on their side, which by process of elimination has to be Mark.  And since we hit Biz last time, we could further assume that Mark had the protection on him at that point.

So the question is now which of them is Mark protecting today.  I believe we're further assuming that he can't protect the same person consecutively.  So that would mean Mark is protecting Biz today, leaving himself vulnerable.

I think we're going to have to target Mark today in order to have a chance at winning.

Your theory is that Nixon didn't die the first time due to Biz being protected, and now this time was the first successful kill of a two-kill requirement, which means Biz was not protected?

And yes, I think there's got to be another villain out there. We should all go back through everyone's "trusted list" posts and see what we can see. Especially A1, because did we know she was an investigator? 

And while I'm very happy to welcome Heroes back from the Afterlife, I'm a bit concerned about that as well - no offense intended, Jesse or TJTrack99! But, did they come back...right? (tm BTVS)

Speaking only for myself, I did not come back wrong! 

44071334.jpg

But, did they come back...right? (tm BTVS)

I see what you did there, fellow Whedonverse Mafia host. And I like it. But I came back right, and I come bearing what I believe strongly to be a clue. And it's for someone not mentioned yet, which fits in with the theory that there could be another Villain. I'm actually looking at the line before the one mentioned:

I, who devoured the very big bird, Job!

This jumped out to me since I just started watching through Leverage on Netflix, and the end of the line follows the format for an episode title: The __ Job. Clever, because on reading this you'd think Job (long o) like the Bible book, not job (short o). Anyway, upon looking up the episode (I haven't gotten there yet in my watching), I find that it's centered around a plane called the Spruce Goose.

So...there's that.

isb-is-there-a-cure-for-the-teenage-brai

• Love 2

We lost ANOTHER investigative role...really?! GD it, sigh you will be missed and avenged A1! At least we got another hero back in exchange :)

Nice job (see what I did there) TJ! 

I too, have some important info to contribute toDay.

So, I have news that potentially could throw everything we think we know so far up in the air...I started this game as a vanilla hero but that changed a couple of Nights ago when I surprisingly 'acquired' an enhanced ability from one of the dead players...and given what Biz is hinting at in her post, it seems that at least one player has been seduced by the powers of darkness and changed allegiance.
I'm revealing this now only because I have some info that seems to tie into Biz's hint. At first I was a little confused and hesitant to say anything about what I discovered because I knew Firearcher had been 'cleared', but now it seems to add up and make sense. I can tell you this much, mostly because of his strange cryptic posts, (and having no clue who else to look at?!), I decided to work surveillance on FA - who I now know is Calculon - last Night and followed him to a shady part of town, suffice to say that I know he is now a part of the protection racket and he visited Mark. Which means we could be looking at another FOUR villains in play still with TWO protectors...scary.
I really don't want us to pass up another opportunity to bag and tag a bad guy and based on what I learned last Night, Mark is protected toDay. Maybe it's a double bluff and the villains thought we'd assume Biz is protected toDay (when she isn't) and so waste another Day DL'ing someone who is? If there are more villains left than Biz and Mark it is safe to assume that the protection is likely being rotated which is why we managed to take one of Biz's 2? lives yesterDay when the real protector had self protected or something? I also wonder if she needs to be DL'd 2 days in a row to die or something? Whatever else, we really, really need to get rid of the protector(s) ASAP!

TL:DR I think we need to vote for either Biz again, FA or TCS? because reasons.

I was going to confirm FA as a hero, but am willing to believe my information might be incomplete. 

This jumped out to me since I just started watching through Leverage on Netflix, and the end of the line follows the format for an episode title: The __ Job. Clever, because on reading this you'd think Job (long o) like the Bible book, not job (short o). Anyway, upon looking up the episode (I haven't gotten there yet in my watching), I find that it's centered around a plane called the Spruce Goose.

So...there's that.

Ah, good one! I was curious about that line myself, but hadn't figured out why yet. 

I'm afraid of wasting DLs on Biz if they aren't going to take AND of missing the opportunity to get her out, if it needs to be two in a row and/or a non-protected day! So I'm not sure what to do here. 

I will help you Jesse ... you don't want to DL me toDay.  Concentrate on one of the others ... and always remember, things are not always what they seem.

Thank you so much for your help. 

So...there's that.

*sigh* At least they didn't have the ship crash into a forest or something....

I know that looks like a good clue, but it really isn't. Trust me, I'm a good guy. Just look at my voting patterns. Hell, investigate me tonight, if you don't believe me.

It would surprise the hell out of me if we don't have at least one more villain in the game, but we do need to take down the known quantities. And since the vote's already been started....

2 to DL BizBuzz (CP, Spruce), 8 to finally swat that pesky fly

(edited)

Well, we're getting a lot of information today....

Unless I'm mistaken we have 16 living players, so a majority is just 9. (And now that TJ's back with a double vote, we could maybe theoretically have two successful DLs – that'd be interesting....) So it should be:

2 to DL BizBuzz (CP, Spruce), 7 to finally swat that pesky fly

I need to read back a bit before casting my lot in, but we've got some time.

ETA: Never mind, we couldn't get a double vote, since that'd take 18 votes and we only have 17. Obviously that would be incredibly unlikely to actually happen anyway.

Edited by Dougal
oops, I'm dumb

I agree with the "what the hell" sentiment:

5 to DL BizBuzz (CP, Spruce, Jesse, caprice, Dougal), 4 to catch the burglars
1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Firearcher), 8 - Too Cryptic

I'm going to sleep on it and vote in the morning.

Out-of-game: Just played a Mafia-like game tonight - The Resistance, though we actually played the Avalon variant. It makes the game interesting with some twists. Though I wonder if it's better in-person where you couldn't write things down but might be able to remember in the short term how people voted, etc. Anyway, we played with 10 people and it was fun!

(edited)

Ah, I am finally back from essays and stress and job hunting. I have gone through the story and will also have to sleep on it. There's not much I feel entirely confident on at the moment. 

TJ, I've played real life Resistance and it's super fun. 

Edited by Lady Calypso

Yeah, Avalon/Resistance is pretty fun, but I think it'd be a very different game if you could go back and see the full list of who voted what way in every round.

I've already detailed why I think this isn't the best idea, but I'll throw my lot with the rest of you.

6 to DL BizBuzz (CP, Spruce, Jesse, caprice, Dougal, Bob), 3 to catch the burglars
1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Firearcher), 8 - Less Cryptic to some

TCS should be investigated toNight because that was a strong clue. 

In the meantime, I'm happy to go with the majority but if I die toNight please DL FA ASAP!

7 to DL BizBuzz (CP, Spruce, Jesse, caprice, Dougal, Bob, SilverStormm), 2 to try, try, again
1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Firearcher), 8 to find out if the truth really is out there

9 to DL BizBuzz (CP, Spruce, Jesse, caprice, Dougal, Bob, SilverStormm, The Onion Knight, Anonymous), 0 to try, try, again
1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Firearcher), 8 to find out if the truth really is out there

And that's Day. There will be twelve hours for Twilight actions.

Sorry folks...real life has been insistent the last couple of days. My wife and my best couple friends are going through some stuff, he said vaguely. Anyway, tomorrow or Monday and I should be back to the comfort of the interwebs.

(edited)

Night 8

Our story resumes in the Hip Joint, a fancy outer space bar where glowing rings are the height of fashion and the minimalist decor keeps people on the dance floor. We pick things up with Flexo, who is drinking alone at a booth in a corner, sulking.
          “Stupid Bender. Giving me a bad reputation. I was good before him. I was. I would never have stolen the Jumbonium atom. Or another bot’s girl. This stupid beard makes me look evil. Well we’ll show them who’s evil. Bender. Bender’s evil. We’ll show them. Just gotta come up with a Bender-like scheme. Then he can go to jail for something I did. I’ll get my revenge!” He took a huge drag on his cigar, blowing out large smoke rings of frustration.
          “Hey Bender! Is that you? Come out and dance with me!” A beautiful robot had approached the table.
          “Bender? Bender! There’s no Bender here. Don’t you see the beard?!” Flexo yelled angrily, once again mistaken for his nemesis.
          “Sorry, wrong robot.” The beautiful bot replied.
          “Yeah, you’re right you’re sorry. You can go rot in hell. Ah, just kidding you’re a really pretty robot. But I don’t dance.”
          “Shame, You’re cute. Just like Bender, but with a sexy beard. And Bender’s a great dancer.” She shimmied away, back to the dance floor.
          “Hmmmm, a great dancer she said. Maybe I can take away his ability to dance. Then that Stupid Bender won’t be able to attract the ladies. Then he’ll do something really stupid and go to jail. Yeah drunk Flexo! This is your best idea yet!” Flexo muttered to himself excitedly. “Bartender! Eight more martinis to go please! I gots a job to do!”

Elsewhere at the Hip Joint, Kif and Amy had drug Zapp Brannigan out to try to get him to cheer up after the death of Leela. Despite her hatred of him, Zapp loved Leela more than he loved almost anything. Maybe even almost as much as he loved himself. Kif and Amy hoped that by taking him out to drink at a place with beautiful women, that he’d snap out of this depression. So far it hadn’t been working.
           “But, but but, Leela! Leela! She’s gone! She’s go-o-onnnee!” Zapp wept openly, not caring who was there and who might see. All sense of shame had left the captain.
           “Zapp! It’s going to be okay. Look! We’re at a hip bar with lots of beautiful women, at least one of whom might be willing to sleep with a semi successful space captain. Chin up!” Amy attempted to cheer up the man. She didn’t understand how he was so broken up by this. Leela hated his guts.
           “I can’t believe I’m saying this. Do I really have to say this?” Kif asked his love Amy. He spent almost all of his work hours reassuring Zapp of his quote unquote brilliance. He really did not want to spend the few hours he had to spend with his Fonfon Ru cheering up his miserable boss.”
            “If he never cheers up, he’s only going to be more miserable for you to work with.” Amy replied.
            “Oh, alright. C’mon Zapp. You’re mostly a good guy. Let’s get up and dance,” Kif said.
            “Do you, do you really mean it?” Zapp blubbered. “You think I’m a good guy?”
            “Yeah, I guess. If it’ll help you get out of this.”
            “Okay! Let’s dance!” Zapp threw back his cosmo and boogied onto the dance floor. Tears for Leela would have to wait until later. There were sexy sexy ladies to meet.

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • Lady Calypso
  • Dougal
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • caprice
  • BizBuzz
  • The Onion Knight
  • Jesse
  • TJTrack99

Now in Robot Hell

What else can be said, you are Scruffy. Planet Express’s janitor, most of the employees have no idea you exist. Regardless, you have a deep and abiding love for Planet Express (and your mop bucket). Where else could you do so little and get away with viewing so much Zero G Juggs? As such, during twilight you may protect someone from the results of a day lynch if you fear they have been wrongly accused.
    You are the Huge Brain of the Brainspawn, an alien race set out to understand the whole universe. Once your race has compiled all of the information on the universe, you will destroy it to ensure no future information can be created. Your race has the power to stupification fields, making everyone in the vicinity dumber. Your ability to block the Delta Brain Wave allows you to select one person per night and stop their abilities for the night.
    You are Hermes Conrad, Grade 36 bureaucrat and proud of it. If there ever was a man born to file, stamp, and collate it would be you. Before becoming a bureaucrat professionally (let’s be real, you’ve always been a bureaucrat. You were requiring applications in triplicate to your tenth birthday party!), you were an Olympic limboer who was only bested by your fiercest rival Barbados Slim. Although you are anal only 78.36% of the time, each night you may fill out the proper forms to track the movements of one player.
    You are Hedonismbot, a robot with with the concept of hedonism written right into your very code! As your sole purpose is to seek pleasure, you over indulge in just about everything - chocolate icing, sex orgies, opera, you name it. You are made of solid gold and have a robosexual relationship with your valet Djambi. You have the ability to indulge in powers, to once investigate, once protect, and once operate as a vigilante. How delightful!
    You are the Donbot, head of the Robot Mafia. You are from the planet Sicily 8 and are accompanied by your goons Clamps and Joey Mousepad who do your dirty work. You are out for revenge, seeking penance for the many crimes Bender has committed against you not limited to sleeping with your wife and your daughter! You have no additional powers in this game.
    You are Officer URL, the robot half of the buddy cop pair of Smitty and URL (pronounced Earl). Programmed to be a cop, you have many features to employ in the capturing of bad guys such as a siren, a megaphone, and a violations printer. You often use excessive force, even in non-violent circumstances. Your baton looks not unlike a light saber, although is noticably duller. You may communicate with Officer Smitty outside the main game thread and together may select one person per night to investigate.
  • Spiro Agnew - NPC
  • aquarian1 - Leela - investigator
    You are Turanga Leela! Former cryogenic counselor turned space pilot, you were abandoned as a baby and believed that you were the last of your alien species. Although you’re actually a mutant whose parents are still alive and living in the sewers below New New York, your upbringing in the Orphanarium made you tough. Strong willed and confident, you are a fierce protector of all living things. Your only weakness is your insecurity about your single eye, something that shouldn’t be that unusual in a world populated by creatures like Zoidberg! You kept the chip scanner from your last job as a career counselor which allows you to see the true nature of each character. Each night you may discover the role of one player in the game.

There are no clues in this story. You have 24 hours to get your night actions in, so by 2:45 pm Monday EDT. Enjoy the bar! 

*edited for formatting issues*

Edited by egavasc
  • Love 2

Day 9
          “Good news everyone! It’s Hattie McDoogal’s birthday and we’re having a party!” Announced Professor Farnsworth. He had gathered the remianing members of his crew in the main office around the conference table. Seated at the table were Fry, Bender, Amy, Zoidberg, and Nibbler.
          “Yay! A party! Wait, who’s Hattie McDoogal and why are we celebrating her birthday?” Asked Fry.
          “I’m Hattie McDoogal you whatchacallit... idiot,” said the elderly lady seated at the table next to the Professor. “I own one share of this kerjigger and I demand that you all throw a party for my birthday. And come to my apartment and snuggle my cat.”
          “We’re not going to your apartment! Your apartment is gross and smells like polygrip and cat piss.” The professor griped angrily.             “But we will have a party for you here. Zoidberg, go get the cake out of the refrigerator.”
          “Cake? There’s cake? Oooohoooohoooo!” Zoidberg jumped out of his chair and ran to the kitchen. So rarely was there free food available to him. Today was Zoidberg’s day, yes it was. He brought the cake to the conference table where the Professor lit the candle (they opted for just one for fear that a candle for each year of Hattie’s life might have burnt the place down). The whole group started to sing.
           “What day is today?
           It’s Hattie’s birthday!
           What a day for a birthday!
           Let’s all have some cake.” The group sang in unison.
          “And you smell like one too,” Fry finished, apparently singing a different Happy Birthday (perhaps the one mistakenly believed to be under copyright).
          The Professor sliced the cake and passed slices out to everyone. The group ate and made small talk, trying to appease Hattie and avoid her cat, which she had pulled out of her purse. The cat roamed the table freely, eyeing Zoidberg’s cake.
           “Oh no you don’t Mr. Cat. This cake is mine!” Zoidberg said suspiciously.
Just then, the cat walked dangerously close to Nibbler. The Nibblonian had wolfed down his slice of cake in seconds and his notorious appetite had not lessened upon rebirth. The moment the cat was within chomping range, Nibbler had scarfed down the creature before anyone could blink.
           “My kerjigger! He ate my kerjigger! Oh my schnookyookums whatever will I do without you?” Hattie began berating the Professor for letting any harm come to her cat. Some minor chaos broke out around the table. In the disarray, no one noticed the entrance of Igner. Mom’s youngest son had come to confront his father about not being there during his childhood.
           “Daddy! Daddy why did you abandon me! Why did you leave me with that scary, scary woman?” Igner pressed, backing the Professor out of his chair and up to the wall.
           Dangerously close to the window, the Professor was astonished. “Your father? Are you trying to say that I’m your father? But it can’t be.”
           “You are! You are! And you left me!” With an angry outburst, Igner shoved the Professor out the window. Even though it would have been just a one story fall, the drop would have severely wounded the aged man and his injuries would have killed him. Fortunately for the Professor, a great gargoyle swept past the window right at that moment, saving him from certain death.
           “PAAAAZZZZUUUZUUUU! Oh Pazuzu, you saved my life,” the Professor cheered gratefully.
           “Yes Professor Farnsworth. And now my debt to you is paid. I must be off.” The great gargoyle spread his wings and headed out into the sky.

Will anyone ever die in this story? Seriously, will anyone ever die? There are more deaths on DaVinci’s Demons than in this silly thing where people are SUPPOSED to die. Maybe there will be more deaths, next time on FUTURAMA

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • Lady Calypso
  • Dougal
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • caprice
  • BizBuzz
  • The Onion Knight
  • Jesse
  • TJTrack99

Now in Robot Hell

• Spiro Agnew - NPC
  • aquarian1 - Leela - investigator

There is one clue in this story. Please allow for 12 hours of discussion. Now while your hapless host does not resemble in the slightest the one known as Hattie McDoogal, it is her birthday and she's off to celebrate! The last round of shots from the bar is on me! 

• Love 5