Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

I agree; I mean we know* it was a Villain kill (since it happened during the Night) but since the story has all of our Villains and Heroes separated by time and space and whatever else right now, it's difficult to portray the Villain kill in-Story.  Plus, who isn't a little afraid of eating some bad eggs? egavasc is tapping into our deepest phobias with this stuff. 

*On second thought we know nothing, Jon Snow.

Second thought, indeed. Hold the phone. Bender was killed by... bad... eggs...?

Seemingly innocent, but one of our players has a fowl avatar. 

Drogo, did you bump your head in the night? My post was a perfectly calm and reasonable response to your actions, however, I'm somewhat worried that your grasping at straws policy is making you see things that aren't there. Do you have a brain slug or something...?

Btw, I don't have any sisters....so yeah, your 'witch'hunt needs to go dunk an actual villain. 

Witchay woman...

p.s.  Sending good thoughts your way, Biz.

• Love 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth ... non game context ... my daughter was in an accident on Thursday night (she is ok, but I became a mess for a few days), I was out of the house on Friday working, Saturday was in classes all day, and yesterday ended up out of the house without my phone ... today I head for class again and wont be home until after Day is closed.

Now ... game context again ... I see a DL has been launched against me ... I feel like the quiet ones always get targeted, it's ok tho, I am a hero and you will figure that out soon enough ... I am so confused about all these characters, and frankly haven't had a moment to really dive into finding clues (although I have my eye on Curious Parker just because) ... I will try to come up with something before day ends, but honestly, I wouldn't count on it.  

Non-Game:  Oh Biz, I'm so sorry.  I'm glad she's ok. 

Game:  It was not because you were quiet, you did post.  It's just that your posts didn't really contain anything game related.  They looked like more of a stalling tactic.  Which now, based on non-game knowledge is understandable.  I'm removing my vote for you.

2 to DL BizBuzz (Silverstormm, The Onion Knight) 10 to step boldly into the battle and then hide behind somebody else.

2 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo, saoirse) 10 to go with my gut

1 to DL Drogo (Deadpool) 11 to cut off the warlords braid

Seemingly innocent, but one of our players has a fowl avatar. 

Oh Drogo... my strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.  I'm a a hero.

And the thought occurred to me.  Brain slugs.  Those could equate to another Mafia power/faction we haven't seen here before.  The Cult.  Like the SK, the Cult Leader is a third party.  But its power is to recruit anyone into the Cult.  And the Cult wins when the majority of the living is in the Cult.

Interesting; so if a hero was recruited by The Cult, s/he would still have the defence of "but I've told you who I am" to rely upon; food for thought.

• Love 2

Also, roosters don't lay eggs, so there's that. 

Silver you're really pushing this "people who claim a character can't be trusted" agenda - but the only person whose ID has been confirmed for us (HM) claimed a character and was telling the truth. 

Why so suspicious? 

• Love 1

Silver you're really pushing this "people who claim a character can't be trusted" agenda - but the only person whose ID has been confirmed for us (HM) claimed a character and was telling the truth. 

Why so suspicious? 

You misunderstand, it's not suspicion, merely caution. Because new powers have been introduced in most games, so I'm trying to think outside the same tired, slightly crumpled, box. Besides, it was Bob who posited the idea of [cue ominous music] 'The Cult', I'm simply riffing off of it and thinking how something like that would/could affect gameplay.

• Love 2

My rooster can do anything he likes.  Thank you very much!

Glad your daughter's OK, Biz. 

Or egavasc?? (Not that I'm saying that was a mod kill, I just thought it was funny.)

I'm going to take a flyer here: 

2 to DL BizBuzz (Silverstormm, The Onion Knight) 10 to step boldly into the battle and then hide behind somebody else.
3 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo, saoirse, Jesse) 10 to go with my gut
1 to DL Drogo (Deadpool) 11 to cut off the warlords braid

• Love 2

Ok, I'm going to bed now. I've looked through the thread again and all I notice is that Drogo has tried to throw shade (in a perfectly delightful way, of course) at a whole lot of different people. I absolutely believe that he is Hedonismbot. What I'm not convinced of, is his status as a hero. I'm not saying he's a villain, but he seems like a trickster of some kind.

So I assume that nothing will come of this, but since I won't be around when the vote closes and I don't want to sit on the sidelines, I'm going to vote Drogo for the DL. If I wake up in time and someone has posted something convincing, I may change it, but for now, I'm going with that.

2 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo, saoirse) 10 to go with my gut

2 to DL Drogo (Deadpool, MMCS) 10 to cut off the warlords braid

Sorry, Drogo. I like your style and your single entendres, but I think you are up to something.

• Love 3

3 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo, saoirse, Jesse) 9 to go with my gut
3 to DL Drogo (Deadpool, MMCS, CuriousParker) 9 to cut off the warlords braid

I was about to add to the Silver DL but MuuMuu came in with the possible trickster angle.  We have 2 hours to get a lynch completed.

I like MMCS's rationale and I don't feel right about staying on Biz's lynch after what she told us, and now with CP changing to Drogo it's convinced me to do the same:

1 to DL BizBuzz (The Onion Knight) 11 to step boldly into the battle and then hide behind somebody else.
3 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo, saoirse, Jesse) 9 to go with my gut
4 to DL Drogo (Deadpool, MMCS, CuriousParker, Silverstormm) 8 to squish brain slugs

• Love 2

There's definitely some trickstering going on, but it's not from me.  I am a Hero.  Not a useless one, either, but my powers are limited so I haven't used them yet. 

Heroes, give me one Night, and I'll come back with something in the Day.  You don't have to protect me, either.

• Love 1

am a Hero too and I'm also not the one pointing the finger at different people every 5 minutes. All I have attempted to do is make the heroes aware of stuff that could be going on, and that makes me a target. I believe I have hit a nerve with some people.

But I don't have any powers in this game so I can't make any 'promises' like Drogo has unfortunately, but I invite any investigators out there to take a look at me this evening.

• Love 2

I am sorry for your troubles Biz and I am sure you will not get DL'd today.

I have batted back and forth the telling of family circumstances as a hero or villain and the truth is- none of it changes the role you were assigned well before then.

Investigation of Biz is a good idea.

I don't like the SS DL.

I hate the Drogo DL.

I may just pick someone of the 8 not on my trust list and go with that.

• Love 2

I point out clues, all the time, in every game.  Maybe that's news for the new players, but CP and Silver should know how I roll.  In our last game I pulled a ton of clues and eventually created a suspect list that (I think) helped the heroes win the game.  I start DLs, I say who I am, I point fingers... I put that ish on the table and leave it out for everyone to see.  You know why?  Because I'm a Hero, and I don't have to worry about drawing attention to myself. 

In this particular game my active clue-searching is a problem, because we have twice as many Villains as we normally do- and they're trying to railroad the Heroes.  Don't let them. 

saoirse and OB, thank you- and I trust you both, as well as Jesse and TCS.  I also trust CP based on something she said this AM, though it's bitter to admit it since she's trying to kill me.  :)  

Look - it's hard to say for sure who's good and bad until we find our first Villain, but for now I'll just trust those who have faith in me.  Leave me alive, Heroes, and tonight I will investigate an inactive player (of which there are many) and report back.  I plead with the Hero Protector to please protect one of the players I listed as trustworthy above.   

People not on my trust list. Taking suggestions if you also can't go with the 3 current DL choices:

Biz

Lady Calypso

Dead Pool

Firearcher

Lisin

Caprice

Dougal

Mark HB

If posting this list is a mistake you may see a DL roll on me comprised of 5 or so of the above.

Heroes have the numbers to out vote them.

Thank you.

Pick one. Many are in this list for the same reason as Biz. Talking but saying nothing and no help or idea of their role.

• Love 2

I'm still not convinced about anyone at this point. Unfortunately, I'm now so paranoid that I'm second guessing people's posts on the mod boards as well.

Oh, MMCS, I remember this feeling well! Fortunately for me, it passed after a game or two!

• Love 2

To use your logic Drogo; I've hardly been a wallflower this game, like I do every game, I've not shied away from drawing attention to myself, I'm vocal and share my thoughts in the hopes it will rattle some cages (seems it worked) because I know I am a Hero.

You mention that CP and I should know how you roll, well the times you have been a villain you have acted the same way? How does that prove anything? My trust list atm isn't as large as yours, I trust some of those on your list but not all. I'm simply being more cautious for the reasons I've already explained.

During the Xena round you found and exposed villains which made people - quite rightly - trust you. However, that hasn't happened yet this game (and if you DL me you will end up with people will trusting you less, not more) so you can see why you starting a DL on me makes me think you have ulterior motives going on, you're barking up the wrong tree in this instance and if you truly are 100% heroic DL'ing me is a mistake, it's as simple as that.

• Love 2

CWOEZGcWsAAzoZz.jpg

Since OB is trusting SS, I'm down to trust SS.  I'd be willing to switch my vote to a DL on Deadpool. 

Above is the film poster for "Deadpool" alongside the cover of Mötley Crüe's "Too Fast For Love."  Seems dead on. 

1 to DL BizBuzz (The Onion Knight) 11 to step boldly into the battle and then hide behind somebody else.
2 to DL SilverStormm (saoirse, Jesse) 10 to go with my gut
4 to DL Drogo (Deadpool, MMCS, CuriousParker, Silverstormm) 8 to squish brain slugs

1 to DL Deadpool (Drogo), 11 to adjourn to the boudoir

• Love 1

For the same reason as Drogo, I'll switch my vote as well. There aren't too many people I trust in this game - honestly there is just the one, but there are a few others that I'm leaning towards trusting, and Drogo and OB are two of those.

1 to DL SilverStormm (Jesse) 11 to go with my gut
2 to DL Deadpool (Drogo, saoirse), 10 to see what's under that mask

• Love 2

For the same reason as Drogo, I'll switch my vote as well. There aren't too many people I trust in this game - honestly there is just the one, but there are a few others that I'm leaning towards trusting, and Drogo and OB are two of those.

3 to DL Deadpool (Drogo, saoirse Oinky Boinky), 9 to see what's under that mask

• Love 2
During the Xena round you found and exposed villains which made people - quite rightly - trust you. However, that hasn't happened yet this game (and if you DL me you will end up with people will trusting you less, not more) so you can see why you starting a DL on me makes me think you have ulterior motives going on, you're barking up the wrong tree in this instance and if you truly are 100% heroic DL'ing me is a mistake, it's as simple as that.

I will absolutely create a suspect list again-- once we see our first Villain ID.  It's just not possible before then.  As long as you don't DL me, I'll be around to do it.  #SolidGold

Starting a DL on a Hero (or starting a DL against any Hero) doesn't mean someone is a Villain.  Sometimes it means they're a Hero who doesn't know who the hell anyone else is.  I started my DL on you, Silver, based on a clue, the best one I had at that time.  I like the Deadpool clue better, but I only found it today.

3 to DL Deadpool (Drogo, saoirse, Oinky Boinky), 9 to see what's under that mask

One hour, folks. 

• Love 1

Adding to the Deadpool DL.  It's the first one that doesn't seem too ambiguous (i.e. with the clue also pointing to other people), and people I trust are mostly voting there and people I'm suspicious of are not (I'm not saying if they are voting elsewhere or if they haven't voted yet) AND we need to do something.

4 to DL Deadpool (Drogo, saoirse, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1), 8 to make it so

• Love 1

Is there any other Deadpool / Motley Crüe connection? That looks pretty legit, but connecting based on covers seems a little bit unlikely to me, and a quick googling isn't showing anything else as far as I can tell. Still, I like this as a clue more than the other stuff so far:

5 to DL Deadpool (Drogo, saoirse, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1, Dougal), 7 to check whether he's movie "ugly" or comic book actually-hideous

Edited by Dougal
Accounting for cross-post
  • Love 2

Fixing this up..

5 to DL Deadpool (Drogo, saoirse, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1, Dougal), 7 to check whether he's movie "ugly" or comic book actually-hideous

• Love 1

wow that cover is a bit of a stretch!

Starting a DL on a Hero (or starting a DL against any Hero) doesn't mean someone is a Villain.  Sometimes it means they're a Hero who doesn't know who the hell anyone else is

Quoting Drogo himself, I am a Hero but as a newbie I don't know who anybody is and him pointing the finger at different people seems a bit shady to me.

I would be prepared to come off the Drogo DL if there was a better DL (Other than my own), at least I have had more to say than a lot of other players and tried to get involved in the game.

Edited by Deadpool
  • Love 2

I'm not saying I'm susceptible to peer pressure, but....

6 to DL Deadpool (Drogo, saoirse, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1, Dougal, Jesse), 6 to check whether he's movie "ugly" or comic book actually-hideous

• Love 2

So, I was totally asleep during the 63 posts that I missed. 63! (Although, to be fair, some might have been for other things....). My god, you guys work fast! Just so you know, I probably would have also joined the Deadpool lynch because....that clue was good, and something I could see actually being a clue. 

I also see I am on a not trustworthy list at the moment, and I get it. I'm in my last year of university (I guess I'm one of the youngest here?) so I've been busy trying to figure out my life, applying for jobs, and getting school stuff done this past week. So I've really just tried to contribute where I can. But I will try my best to prove my loyalty and prove my hero status....at some point. 

• Love 2

DAMN IT! I am such an ass guys! I drank entirely too much and stayed up entirely too late doing karaoke and partying for my birthday and I just didn't even turn on my computer yesterday. Now it's lunch at work so I am here, but have completely missed being helpful or getting to vote in the DL. DAMN ME!!

Ok back to game talk, I've never watched a single episode of this show so I've got very little to go on when it comes to hinting at who I am, and/or picking up on hints from others so forgive me for not being able to be super subtle and clever. I'm definitely a hero though. And I think if you all trust me you'll be happy about that. I haven't found anything specific yet but can someone tell me if there's a significance to 1s and 0s hinting to a particular character on the show? I've also got a question about Bender... the Futurama Wiki lists him as a villain which is confusing because 1) Bob's claiming Bender but probably wouldn't be claiming a villain (unless... Robots can't die and it's like that time Drogo was Glory and taunted us forever) and 2) OB's Character list left Bender off completely and then Bob corrected the character list but only to add Flexo not to add Bender. Am I missing something? Because we've got some crazy stuff going down and no one has pointed that out. Now it could easily be a mistake, but I feel like Bender is a huge character to miss... Oh, also I feel like this may leave me open as a giant target so if there's still a protector out it would be super great if you could use that power on me toNight. I promise I'm useful and will do my best to do my duties and not let my life get in the way this time! 

• Love 2

:(

I haven't found anything specific yet but can someone tell me if there's a significance to 1s and 0s hinting to a particular character on the show?

Probably just hinting at any robot – I don't remember if there's a particular one who's more likely to use binary....

Robot characters:

• Bender
  • Washbucket
  • URL
  • Hedonism bot
  • Calculon
  • DonBot
  • Robot Devil
  • Flexo

(At least, I think that's all of them from Oinky's list plus Bender/Flexo.)

I've also got a question about Bender... the Futurama Wiki lists him as a villain which is confusing because 1) Bob's claiming Bender but probably wouldn't be claiming a villain (unless... Robots can't die and it's like that time Drogo was Glory and taunted us forever) and 2) OB's Character list left Bender off completely and then Bob corrected the character list but only to add Flexo not to add Bender. Am I missing something? Because we've got some crazy stuff going down and no one has pointed that out. Now it could easily be a mistake, but I feel like Bender is a huge character to miss...

Bender wouldn't be a villain, probably. He's very friendly to crime and occasionally goes on a "destroy all humans" kick, but I'd definitely think he's a hero. (Note that the wiki you linked to is actually the "villains wiki"; I doubt a Futurama wiki would put him in that category.) Flexo, on the other hand, is evil.

Edited by Dougal
add some details
  • Love 1

Bender is a hero and pretty sure he was on my 23 list.

I missed flexo as a villain and put Agnew instead.

I also realize now there are two characters with creaking joints - the professor and Clamp? who begs to be oiled. So that solves my two professors quandary.

Clampy -damn you auto correct.

Clamps

• Love 2

Heroes:

Fry

Leela 

Amy 

Hermes

Professor 

Zoidberg

Scruffy

Washbucket 

Zapp

Kif 

Smitty

URL 

Hedonism bot 

Nibbler

Calculon

Villains:

DonBot

Robot Devil 

Huge Brain

Nixon

Agnew

Lrrr

Mom 

Dr Ogden 

=23

• Love 2

Oh dear. I accidentally hit reply without actually posting anything and only quoting OB but in I'm not going to edit my previous post because I am a follower of rules so I'll just add my comment here. It may auto-merge so if that happens I apologize for sounding crazy here... 

Like I said, the whole Bender not being on that list could totally just be a mistake and I'm not trying to throw shade because of it but it does mean since the list still adds up to 23 that we may have to change that list some (obviously the Agnew/Flexo change too). 

• Love 2

As for other robots, there is robot Santa...villain

As for me not voting for Silver, I had a shift change at work and just got home.

As for me not voting for anyone else...I didn't like them that much...the DL's not the people.

As for me using as for a lot, it is not meant to be a hint at who I am. I am kind of loathe to drop hints right now. I would rather the villains think I am important and kill a vanilla, or think me vanilla and leave me a live to do my job. One of those anyway.

• Love 3