Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

Mod Note

Day will end at approx. 3:30am Friday Morning EST. Since my alarm won't go off until 4:05 am and I most assuredly will not get to the forums at that moment, I'll probably officially close it around 4:30am. Unless a DL occurs before then. 

• Love 4
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

There is only one clue in the story so looking at Full House as the clue and if it refers to the TV show, we could look at Jesse as in Jesse Katsopolis or SVNBob as in Bob Sagat

However Jesse and SVNBob were just villains so while I suppose they could be villains again it seems a little weird. Plus SVNBob was also a villain in Sherlock Holmes so I am disinclined to think he is a villain three times in a row.

edited because also is a word and alos is not (though apparently Alos was a city in ancient Greece. Huh.)

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 3

That's a lot of clues we found.

I'm leaning towards Full House; why would that poker hand be capitalized but royal flush wasn't?

HM, I think the roles are randomized so it doesn't really matter if someone was a Villain in the last game.

• Love 2
Or maybe Damien Lewis = Brody, who was a Hanged Man?

I gotta say that is a pretty good clue. I do not watch Homeland so I had to look it up but if I get DL'd because of that, I will not be bitter about it like I was when I was DL'd by a lame ass metaphor in the GOT game.

However I am a hero, and a mostly useless one at that.

• Love 3

So many potential clues. Unfortunately, there can only be one (clue).

The first thing that stood out to me was Motley Crue/Crew, but you guys seemed to have gotten some clues out of that. 

I mean, I thought the Richard Nixon thing was a clue, but it's not. And I decided to look up the term 'blind eye' and there's a movie with that name, directed by Mark McNabb. And with Huge Brain (according to google, it's supposed to be Big Brain? Maybe a typo or I missed something?) so that's all I got. 

• Love 3

Calculon is probably also a character. And I'm also holding out hope for Morbo and Hedonismbot because I love them.

Anyhow, all I've got is "human females" = lady = Lady Calypso?

Or maybe Damien Lewis = Brody, who was a Hanged Man?

Like this very much + hedonism is my middle name.

I think I blocked out the Brody being hanged event but that is as good a clue as any of them.

• Love 3
(edited)

Interesting point: In the story it is Damien Lewis but the Actor's name is Damian Lewis. Damien Lewis is a British author and filmmaker. Could be a typo on Egavasc's part or not.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 3

Like this very much + hedonism is my middle name.

I think I blocked out the Brody being hanged event but that is as good a clue as any of them.

So your full name is Oinky Hedonism Boinky? Or is that a metaphor...

BTW, I've never watched Homeland but if Damien Lewis' character was hanged I'm on board with that being a clue 100%.

• Love 3

He was hung.

We trust hanging clues right?

I would go on that sooner than the FH thing. There are too many ways that poker game could have pointed.

Does anyone like the turning a blind eye during the poker as a clue?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed jack is king.

Going to read again.

• Love 3

Damian Lewis -> Brody -> Hanged Man is a good one. 

Possibly I'm touchy after being called Uncle Jesse for many years. When I was a kid, Dukes of Hazzard. When I was babysitting, Full House. 

• Love 3

Going to re-read the story ... and if I remember correctly, this mod's clues are uber hard ... although, it would be just like a mod to through something easy in to confuse us (looking at you Jesse ... especially since you nabbed me early on in the last game).

For the record, that was based on facts!

• Love 3
Having Bob as a villain is not good.

Good thing I'm not one then.  0h, I can understand being mistaken for one, given my rap sheet.  But I consider myself more of a lovable scamp.  And you should too, damnit. 

So if the Full House thing is a clue, it's pointing to Jesse and not me.

So we're going to the TWOPers planet eh?  I bet we'll get to meet their trinity of rulers at some point.  I could even hazard a guess at their names....

• Love 4

I have to agree that statistically it seems unlikely for someone to be a villain three times in a row, but it isn't impossible right? If everything is randomized I mean. For example I've played 8 games and I've only been a villain twice? So I'm sure there are players with similar statistics in the reverse direction? 

• Love 4

Good thing I'm not one then.  0h, I can understand being mistaken for one, given my rap sheet.  But I consider myself more of a lovable scamp.  And you should too, damnit.

I do. It was a compliment.

I am not convinced by the first story, and I'm not a first day lyncher really.

• Love 3

Generally I like lots of conversation and voting since it produces voting records that can be cross-examined on future days, but if I'm the one being targeted I am all for a no-vote day

Sorry about that, friend (if you are, indeed, a friend and not a sinister villain).  Just trying to read the tea leaves like everyone else!

• Love 3
Sorry about that, friend (if you are, indeed, a friend and not a sinister villain).  Just trying to read the tea leaves like everyone else!

No big deal, it's part of the game. Unless you are a villain trying to get a hero killed for free... then there will be trouble. Though not really from me, I can't do much.

• Love 3

I have to agree that statistically it seems unlikely for someone to be a villain three times in a row, but it isn't impossible right? If everything is randomized I mean. For example I've played 8 games and I've only been a villain twice? So I'm sure there are players with similar statistics in the reverse direction? 

In my experience, it's not always been totally randomized - requests can be made, although they don't have to be honored. Also, I know from the game that TJ and I ran, we 'ran' the randomizer a couple of times, because the first few 'draws' had a high number of Villains who had been Villains the previous game. You have to remember probabilities - Think flipping a coin. Just because you flipped heads the first time doesn't mean you have less of a chance of getting heads the second time, it's still a 50/50 probability for that flip. We do have folks who have been Villains more than what you'd think the percentage would be.

Wow. That was far more taxing and educational then I like to keep things. Is it time to drink yet? Vacation in Ireland taught me the value of a good drink at any time of day....

• Love 3

I think I'm picking up what Bob's putting down, though, and if so.. we have a lot in common.

I'm down to take a shot with Jesse for the Full House thing, though. What's it they say about your first instinct?

• Love 3

Hmmm ...

First, thanks to those that helped me out with the timing.  I am glad that I have a little time this afternoon to play when I get home.  

Second ... I am not a first day lyncher, I wont start now, but I gotta say, this is the first game I have been in where there has been this many compelling clues on the first day!  I might be able to be persuaded to change.

The strength of which The Onion Night proclaims that the Full House clue is indeed a clue, I am wondering if there is some special power they have ... like they know the clue?  Hmmmmm, interesting.

• Love 2

I agree with Drogo about first instincts. 

There are a couple of different references to Jesse on the Full House wiki page which can't just be a coincidence? (Jesse Frederick (Composer & Singer) & Jesse Katsopolis (Main Character))

Also the theme music for the show that was composed & song by Jesse has the lyrics "how did I get delivered here, somebody tell me please...", Could that be another clue? As the show is based on a intergalactic delivery company?

• Love 3

egavasc said she changed her clue format since her last game (GoT) so as not to make it too easy for us. 

In the GoT game, the Villains' names were written out as the first letters of words in succession.  Drogo for example was clued by "despite romance once golden, observed" instead of anagrams or references to dragons, warlords, castles, etc...

So she didn't say the clues would be harder, just a different format so it wouldn't be too easy.

• Love 3

So to sum up and advance the conversation, it looks like there are three schools of thought:

1. Damian Lewis -> Brody -> Hanged Man
  2. Full House pointing to Jesse or Bob, popular sentiment seems to be Jesse
  3. No DL day

I am partial to number 3. I would like some sort of vote against people going so we can see how people think. Though If both Jesse and I are heroes, a vote doesn't bring us much information but at least it is something.

• Love 3

Now we're talking

1 to DL Hanged Man (Oinky Boinky) 11 to deliver.

1 to No DL (Hanged Man) 11 to move on

edited because Oinky and I count as people

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 3

1 to DL Hanged Man (Oinky Boinky) 11 to deliver.

1 to DL OinkyBoinky (CuriousParker) 11 to find someone else to blame

(Stacey is right about the numbers)

Oinky seems extremely comfortable that it is not Jesse, I wonder if they have some form of knowledge.

If they are both on the villain team...

Anyone on a DL Jesse train will be on my watch list.

Wouldn't be the first time I was on an OB watch list.  I apologize for nothing. 

1 to DL Hanged Man (Oinky Boinky) 11 to visit the Homeland

1 to DL OinkyBoinky (CuriousParker) 11 to find someone else to blame

1 to DL Jesse (Drogo) 11 to spell Katsopolis

• Love 1