Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

Bender could be like Ares in the last game: Out for himself only.

However, on the show, when push came to shove, he was loyal to Fry in many ways but still a big D about it.

Still, he's my friend so I'm sure he's all good.

I trust everyone (very in character and sad for me).

• Love 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly would put Bender and take away Calculon. Characters who appeared in the stories should be here so I don't think Santa bot.

And I sure missed flexo.

I was getting excited that it was coming out to 23 and didn't triple check my list.

• Love 1

Man, I hate being unable to really post during work. Sorry for missing the vote. I was starting to think along those lines too...with a few more clues incoming, I feel good about next Day. Now off to dinner!

• Love 2

The list of 23 is helpful for each of us to plot the characters we believe are in play and who of us are them.  

I think it is also being used to deflect from the list of 8 who we don't trust. We all have a different list of 8 but many are the same on each list. 

Every time the list of 23 is posted, the list of 8 is supposed to fade from our view. 

I am going to ask for protection again tonight. Some of you may think it is unwarranted or my asking is a slight against you. 

Sorry you are wrong.

There was some action against me last night - those of you who did it know who you are. It was ineffective and I would like to keep it that way. I am sure you don't know it was ineffective or why. 

Have a good night. 

Please protect me and the 15+8 list will be very firm tomorrow morning. 

• Love 2

No real game talk... just want to point out that my posting the list of characters and the Bender question was a legitimate question since I've never seen the show and not an attempt to deflect anything. I get that my absence was suspicious. However, I am a hero and I think I can be useful if given the chance! 

• Love 1

Understood.

It just seems every word I write is under such close scrutiny, errors are implied to be intentional and part of a plan and yet people who are not here or here and saying nothing are under no scrutiny at all.

Say nothing and nothing will be questioned.

• Love 2

I know technically y'all have an hour of Twilight left, but there didn't seem to be much action and I wanted to get this up before I went to bed. 

I'm going to try to keep up this on top of things as best I can but I have some family business out of town over the next few days. Night may end up being a little longer. My apologies in advance. 

Night 2
          We join our heroes sometime later, after the Planet Express Ship had safely arrived on Planet Janus in the PTV galaxy. The crew is wandering around what appears to be the WB backlot. There are hundreds of soundstages all filled with thousands of shows, recreating the #PeakTV era (scientists in the year 3016 have long thought that their ancestors were weak for complaining about 400 scripted show as we have long since surpassed those numbers. Today you could get a super targeted tv show brought directly to your eyeballs. Do you like “Tortured Genius Ensemble Musicals Based on Contemporary Literature About Horses With a Strong Female Lead?” Good news! There are at least 120 shows in that genre!) Amy squeed when she spied the gazebo from Gilmore Girls.
          “Aaaaahh! This is the spot where Jess proposed to Rory after her messy divorce from Logan in season 12! I can’t believe I’m here!”
          “And I can’t believe you watched that ancient show! It’s so mushy. Besides, clearly she was meant to be with Dean. He was a responsible, nice guy AND he built her a car. C’mon, let’s go find where we need to take this giant box that Bender is carrying,” replied Leela
          “Yeah. Let’s gooooo alreadddyyy,”  sang Bender.
          They were looking for Soundstage 98742K and were at 10023L so their journey may have been a long and arduous one. Fortunately for us, they found a golf cart and we can fast forward through that time where they got lost in the nonalphanumeric section of the studio lot.

Several hours later we rejoin our heroes as they have arrived at their desired location.
          “Finally. We’re here. Let’s just get this dropped off and get back to the ship.” Leela said, exhausted. She hated getting lost. It reflected poorly on her as a captain.
          “Oh my god. Is that Calculon? Let me get my camera!” Bender said excitedly as he dropped his box with a loud crunch. He reached into his stomach cavity to grab his camera to snap some paparazzo photos of his favorite TV star.
          “Damn it Bender! Now we’re going to have to start this trip all over again. You’ve broken whatever it was we were delivering!” Said Leela, aghast.
          “Oh bite my shiny metal ass! Worth it! These photos will be worth tons of moolah. Wait, Calculon, what are you doing here? All My Circuits is still airing isn’t it? Don’t tell me it’s been cancelled!”
          “Oh woe is me. I’ve been wandering around trying to find ANYONE who could answer THIS my most important question. Not but a day ago I arrived on this planet as if I had been transferred through thin air. Don’t they know that I am NEEDED on set? That we are filming the MOST important scene in the history of ALL TELEVISION?!” Calculon uttered dramatically, as was his fashion.
          With a snap crackle pop a new figure appeared. “Ahhahaahahahaaha,” the voice laughed maniacally. “It was I who brought you here.” The Robot Devil grinned. He hated Calculon from the depths of, well it’s not exactly like he has a soul, but from the depths of his soul if he had one. He had gratefully returned the overactor to the realms of the living after his initial death, if only to avoid the robot entirely. Robot Hell was hellish enough without his unceasing monologues.
          “But why? Why on earth would you take me from that which I MOST love? This pursuit of mine is but the MOST noble of callings.”
          “Oh shut up already! I brought you here so that I would no longer need to hear you yammering on! All My Circuits is a popular show in Robot Hell and it’s only mildly bearable when you’ve been off the show.”
          “Alas! Alack! Forsooth!”
          “Oh now you’re just speaking nonsense. I have to get out of here.” And with a pop the Robot Devil disappeared into the ether.
          “Don’t worry Calculon! We’re here! We can take you back to Earth!” Said Fry reassuringly. Little did he know what was about to happen in the PTV Galaxy.

Meanwhile, out in space aboard the Nimbus, Captain Brannigan and Kif Kroker were preparing for war.
          “Neutral, those bastards have declared themselves to be neutral. And you know what I think of neutrals Kif.”
          “Yes sir, with enemies you know where they stand, but with neutrals. Well, they sicken you.” Kif said with a sign, wishing his boss had any clue what the word neutral really meant in times of war.
           Just then, the ship’s hologram popped up showing the headless body of Agnew holding the head of President Nixon. “Alright then men. Are you ready for war?”
           “Yes sir Mr. President sir. We’ll kick their sorry neutral asses. They won’t even know what hit ‘em.” Zapp replied with the confidence afforded only to those who never knew the true costs of their actions.
          “Aroooo. That’s my style. Shoot ‘em in the back while they’re not looking. Agnew, take me out of here.”
          “Kif, charge those lasers. If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards…..Checkmate.”
          “Yes sir.”

Will the Planet Express crew make it out of the PTV Galaxy in time? Will Nixon lead Earth into yet another fruitless war? Will Zapp ever notice Kif’s utter disdain? Find out more on an all new Futurama (now airing after All My Circuits).

Still Alive and Well in New New York

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Jesse
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • aquarian1
  • Lady Calypso
  • TJtrack99
  • Lisin
  • OinkyBoinky
  • Dougal
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • caprice
  • BizBuzz
  • The Onion Knight
  • Deadpool

Now in Robot Hell

• HangedMan - Scruffy - Magistrate
    What else can be said, you are Scruffy. Planet Express’s janitor, most of the employees have no idea you exist. Regardless, you have a deep and abiding love for Planet Express (and your mop bucket). Where else could you do so little and get away with viewing so much Zero G Juggs? As such, during twilight you may protect someone from the results of a day lynch if you fear they have been wrongly accused.

There are no clues in this story. You have 24 hours to get your night actions in. Enjoy the fine bartending! 

• Love 1

Thanks ya'll for the kind words ... I truly appreciate it ...

I also appreciate the fact that it's night and I can drink ... more important than that, I am happy that egavasc might extend night a bit ... I can BREATHE and catch up a bit ...

• Love 4

'So we were in a shuttle, doing a trawl of the exo-atmospheric ring. Scooping up the orbiting garbage.

Well, we scooped this shit up, this frozen ashy shit, did an analysis of it... and it was Timothy Leary.

And, God help us, we smoked him...'

Bartender, hit me with your finest Leary.

• Love 1

My boy here just joined eHarmony in case anyone's looking for "someone special."

He enjoys long walks in the woods...

RamsayHunter.gif

Telling bedtime stories...

ramsey-happy-ending-gif_470x239.gif

Doing pilates with barb wire...

tumblr_n0s67oG6Qz1rearvyo1_500.gif

And fine dining.

64523-Ramsay-Snow-sausage-gif-mhysa-blfs

• Love 3

I thought I'd compile the rules list from a week ago... which ones are real (except for Rule #1, which definitely is) is left as an exercise for the reader.

Rule #1: The Official Mod of Fun 'n' Games (me) is here to enforce overarching site rules only.  Game mods have absolute final say over their games.

Rule #1a: Someone who has to say "I'm the king nice one" isn't the king nice one.

Rule #2: No editing your posts.

Rule #3: Silver and Machiabelly break all the rules.  Don't trust them.

Rule #4: No liking posts after you're dead in the game.

Rule #6: There is no Rule #6.

Rule #6a:  We will never(*) be right about Clues.  Don't be surprised when the recap comes out and that shit 10 of us thought was brilliant was not a Clue at all.

Rule #12:  Always get game promises guaranteed by Joe Namath. He has 100% guarantee-fulfillment stats.

Rule #18:  If you are killed in a CP/Silver-modded game, hope that CP doesn't write your death.

Rule #36:  Do not trust people in masks, or who possess six fingers on their right hand.

Rule #39:  Anagrams are the devil's vocabulary. So our Mods will definitely use some.

Rule #46:  Read your PM, then read it again.  Don't get Modkilled; it blows.

Rule #47:  Any line in a story that references cookies or elves in even the most oblique way means that Stacey is a villain.  (Rule has been retired)

Rule #48:  Don't be named Drogo or The Onion Knight in a Game of Thrones Mafia game.

Rule #61:  No quitting.  PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION.

Rule #62:  Always butter while food is EXTREMELY HOT.  Pain is temporary, English muffins are forever.

Rule #77: Get your veins iced up and be ready to kill someone who says "No! Don't kill me!"  (*Villains never say they're Villains, unless they're Drogo and we're in the Whedonverse.)

*We may have been right once or twice, but not about the ones we were all on board for. 

• Love 5

Rule #6a:  We will never(*) be right about Clues.  Don't be surprised when the recap comes out and that shit 10 of us thought was brilliant was not a Clue at all.

*We may have been right once or twice, but not about the ones we were all on board for.

This is so true. Even when we ARE right, we are wrong. That is, we find the clue, and interpret it in the absolute, complete, most WRONGEST way ever.

Rule #47:  Any line in a story that references cookies or elves in even the most oblique way means that Stacey is a villain.  (Rule has been retired)

I did offer to allow this to remain, but with so many new players, it could get difficult. And Mark will tell you how much grief I gave him for that clue, by the way. It was all but lit up in neon lights, glowing arrows, and he even used my beloved Diggle for it! The bastard...

• Love 3

Just an update. You can expect a day story sometime late Friday night or at the latest Saturday morning. I am doing some emergency travelling and do not wish to try to write a story on my phone! But this means the bar is open for St. Patrick's and I expect to see some fantastic drinks (unless you are too busy having fun in the meat space. Then maybe hungover foods on friday!)

• Love 4

More rules, people. Thems is some good rules but we need more.

Anyone remember Rule #24?

Rule #25:  Never forget Rule 24.

Rule #24:  Mention of trees/foliage/wood are not clues toward TCS unless they are clues toward TCS

Rule #55:  We are all equals, except for Villains.  They are stupid ugly poopyheads.

Rule #9:  Game Mods work hard and deserve our utmost respect and gratitude.  If a story is really good, remember that it didn't spawn itself from thin air and babies' love.  Bonus points if you mention the story's awesomeness and thank the Mods a few times throughout the game.  (This courtesy may also ensure that your potential death will be quick and painless as opposed to a thunderbolt up your bum or being torn limb from limb by wild horses.)   

Rule #41:  When in doubt at a new restaurant. order the roast grouse.  It's so hard to screw up roast grouse.

Edited by Drogo
ETA: Happy St. Paddy's Day all
  • Love 3
I should point out that most of those rules were authored by Drogo

And thus not to be trusted

*couch*Rule #6B: If you do manage to suss out a Clue or two during a game, don’t be surprised when the villains kill you first next game.*cough*

Happy St Patricks Day!

• Love 3