Type keyword(s) to search

Resident Alien In The Media

• Start Topic

Based on the Dark Horse comic, SYFY's "Resident Alien" follows Harry, an alien played by Alan Tudyk ("Rogue One," "Firefly") that crash lands on Earth and passes himself off as a small-town human doctor. Harry starts off living a simple life… but things get a bit rocky when he's roped into solving a local murder and realizes he needs to assimilate into his new world. As he does so, he begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his secret mission and asking the big life questions like: "Are human beings worth saving?" and "Why do they fold their pizza before eating it?"

In the following look at the pilot episode, see the backstory on how an alien who crash-lands on Earth ends up hiding in plain sight among the locals:

• Useful 1

There is a long behind the scenes video about the show that is really fascinating in case someone is interested.

Alan Tudyk (the actor playing the main character) says that each time he has to put on the alien mask, it takes hours just to put it on him because they glue it on and then paint it.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Harvey said:

Alan Tudyk (the actor playing the main character) says that each time he has to put on the alien mask, it takes hours just to put it on him because they glue it on and then paint it.

I was surprised that it was him playing the alien, it could save so much time if he let someone else do that part.

Here are the spoilers about season 2 for those interested.

Spoiler

• S2 will explore dead Harry and why he killed the town doctor
  • The show creator doesn't yet know what the alien aspect of season 2's story will be
  • Harry will continue to be socially awkward
  • Harry will bring Max back to Earth and stays there for multiple episodes (duh 😄 )
  • Liv and The Sheriff will be suspicious of Harry, they will think he has something to do with the murders around town
  • D'arcy will continue to have a good relationship with Asta's daughter and Asta will be hella jealous.
  • The high ranking government official woman will be fleshed out a lot more
  • The scientist guy and psycho girl who enjoys killing people will still be a part of the show.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

Texas Monthly: Alan Tudyk Is Ready to Be Taken Seriously
After decades of playing goofy sidekicks, the El Paso–born, Plano-bred actor finally has a leading role.

It's about Tudyk in general, but does include bits about Resident Alien. I didn't realize he's from North Texas, and I would pay money to see him play a character with his native accent dialed up to 11.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I really miss this show. Haven't found anything to replace it during the hiatus. The clips reminded me of why.

If you like musicals with comedy, Schmigadoon! on AppleTV+ is pretty good.

• Useful 1

Any news is good news.

Resident Alien Season 2 First Look: Is Alex Borstein Harry's Perfect Match?

resident-alien-alex-borstein-season-2-fi

Alex Borstein will play Carlyn, Kate Hawthorne’s cousin from out of town. The “frizzy-haired, right-brained laser-physicist” has a great job working in a tech lab, though her love life is borderline non-existent. But when she rolls through Patience to visit her family and do some sightseeing, Carlyn hones in on someone strange: Harry "Alien" Vanderspeigle. She’s socially awkward, similar to Harry, and she and Harry go on a date. A very funny ad-libbed/improv date.

resident-alien-season-2-alex-borstein.jp

Harry and Asta (Sara Tomko) will go on a journey to search for an alien from Harry's planet, which takes them all the way to New York City. Plus, the octopus alien character from Season 1 (voiced by Nathan Fillion) will also be back.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Ms Lark said:

Season 2 premiere date: January 26 9pm on SyFy. All the nfo you need:

https://tvline.com/2021/12/09/resident-alien-season-2-premiere-date-syfy/

😍🥰👾 I am soooo happy!

Splitting the season in 2 suggests each half is equal in episodes, which suggests 16 episodes for the whole season, or the episodes in Summer will be a smaller number. Either way, it suggests there will be more than 10 episodes for season 2

• Love 2

Wow. They crammed a LOT of details and storylines into a 2.5 minute trailer. I am surprised and delighted it is returning so soon. I'm sure the season will be good they just focused on the action aspect more in the trailer. 

Filming in Ladysmith this week, note there is what could be a mild spoiler in the article:

Spoiler

One of the evening shoots notes that the area will be "brighter than usual" which tells me even UFOs can't resist good parallel parking.

https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/local-news/resident-alien-returns-to-film-in-ladysmith-this-week/

I'm looking forward to the drone camera shot up First Avenue from Roberts all the way to White St! That's way into the residential area!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Saturday, July 23

San Diego Comic-Con

4:15 - 5:15 p.m. (Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Indigo Ballroom)

SYFY’s Resident Alien Invades Your Con

The cast of “Resident Alien” -- Alan Tudyk, Sara Tomko, Corey Reynolds, Alice Wetterlund, Levi Fiehler, Elizabeth Bowen, and Judah Prehn – as well as executive producer/showrunner Chris Sheridan, come together for the first time on the same stage to answer your burning questions and give you an out-of-this-world exclusive look into the season two return on Aug. 10 on SYFY. Moderated by Ancient Aliens star and co-executive producer (and Resident Alien guest star) Giorgio A. Tsoukalos. The series is from UCP.

• Useful 1

Resident Alien Season 3, filming starts in January in Vancouver.

Alan Tudyk said:

Yeah, we still have a little time. It'll be January, but it's coming up. Right when it gets cold in Vancouver and the rain is the thickest, is the heaviest, and the most unceasing. But it'll be good, Vancouver is just a beautiful place I love, you kind of get used to the rain in a way that I never thought was possible. You just kind of stopped noticing, that's great.

• Like 1

Here are the spoilers about season 3 for those interested.

• Spoiler

• Repeated mentions of how "Asta will step back", Harry will hang out with McAllister & D'arcy instead
    • D'Arcy will not trust Harry
    • Ben & Kate will be hypnotized to remember being taken by the aliens.
    • We will see Bridget again
    • Harry's focus is going to be understanding the grey's plan together with McAllister
    • We will see other aliens as well as the Greys in Season 3.
    • Asta will have other storylines without Harry (probably focusing on her relationship with Jay?)
    • The Grey hybrid alien Joseph is going to be a deputy in town and will keep an eye on Harry.
    • The showrunner seems confident that there will be more seasons after season 3.
Edited by Harvey