Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: One Month Down, Never to Go

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

In response, I quote myself:

I didn't watch last night's episode yet so unless Deonna said "I only want sex once every 8 weeks" in last night's episode, she has yet to state this as her preference.

She didn't say it first, but when he asked if that would be ok, she said yes, and that it would be mind blowing (or something) which made it appear she was fine with that, and which of course, he isn't.  She also yammered about the "if it happens, it happens" approach, which he doesn't appear to have a whole lotta faith in.  She can fix this crap by being clearer with him.  Good luck, Greg...

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm actually pretty attracted to men who are nice to me (and I'm a woman). I think this is a stereotype and like all stereotypes, it just won't die. I think Deonna is suspicious of how nice Greg is - how he really seems too good to be true. I waited a long time to get married and I adore my husband. Sure he has a purpose in life beyond me in that he has a job and hobbies and friends - but then again, one of the things I love most about him is that our marriage and our family are his top priority. I think Greg is like that. As long as we have been together, I still pinch myself sometimes wondering if this is real; waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think that's Deonna in a nutshell.

In response, I quote myself:

I didn't watch last night's episode yet so unless Deonna said "I only want sex once every 8 weeks" in last night's episode, she has yet to state this as her preference.

Deonna is testing Greg. Every marriage is different but in this specific instance, the mere fact that Greg still acts like he wants her after all her lack if enthusiasm just seems a turn off. I am sure he could find a more enthusiastic woman who likes him, he has no need for Deonna as this is just an experiment, yet he still grovels for her

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I am sure he could find a more enthusiastic woman who likes him, he has no need for Deonna as this is just an experiment, yet he still grovels for her

He's getting something out of his interaction with Deonna.

Many have mentioned that Greg will have plenty of offers after the show is over. Theoretically, he had plenty of options before the show. Women from church, women at professional networking events, friends of friends, etc. wouldn't need to see him on this show to think he's a good catch and be interested. Yet, he's on the show.

Maybe he's not attracted to women who are more enthusiastic about him. Maybe Deonna is exactly his type.

• Love 4

Iris did the BJ for real, you know.

Also, I love Iris and Keith's pillows in their living room.

Greg is great; I see Devonna as scared but I do think she is trying.  They both glow in their TH's so I hope they love each other and stay together.  I do feel both came on this show for the right reasons.

Amber and Matt- Neither are very deep.  I can imagine many of their conversations are just them sittting around saying "'sup" ,"cool" to each other when they aren't making out.  This and possibly BBall were why they were matched.  With another guy, I think Amber would be fine- still have issues, but be okay and able to have a healthy relationship.  Do they pick guys like Matt to be on this show just to make drama?

Iris's mom is a national treasure.

Jamie is an angry baby.  True that Big red is insane, but I don't think she deserves the things he does to her.  He holds on to past anger, keeps score, threatens divorce if she tries to go into another room to get away from him, but feels free to call her nasty names and leave if she's tired of being hounded by him over stupid things.  I'm sure he was the one that brought up the photobook comments again when they got home just so he could make her pay for making him feel slighted.  I would bet money that he instigated it. In turn, she does not respond well. I do give her credit for trying to calmly get away from him in the apt.- she was very clear- "you are being too critical; leave me alone". and he did not respect what she asked him to do. The correct response when she was admiring herself in pictures and being a selfish attention whore would have been, "I agree, honey; you look beautiful! and who's that handsome guy?".  This is what? like the 3rd or 4th time he's threatened divorce and held it over Beth's head?  At this point, the experts need to intervene and kick him off the show- he's not trying to stay married and he's an emotionally and verbal attacker.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4