Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Dreams and Nightmares

• Start Topic

Luka sucks. Zoey was right to point out that he was only supportive of her when he is doing better than she is. If you're scared to tell your dude about an opportunity you're excited about because you know he won't be happy for you, you should break up.

• Love 16

Zoey can't be without a guy for 5 minutes. Being part of a couple is an integral part of her identity. Does she have to tell Anna about the kiss, and do the other girls have to shun her now?  Maybe she'll meet someone in London.

The fanny pack looked silly on Aaron and probably cost a bundle, although not as much as the silly jacket that's just a regular jacket with a "B" plastered on it. On this show, you're either a scholarship student (although the twins wear plenty of nice clothes), or have lots of disposable income.  I guess Zoey's flush again from her recent job. I'm really not sure why she's even in school anymore since she's never shown much interest in learning,  just in styling, but they wasted the no college/get a good job on Junior, so it can't be used for Zoey.

I wonder if Nomi will lie to protect her former professor/girlfriend.  She's already lying to her friends. 

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 4

Luca is officially the worst. 

The gas-lighting he put Zoey through, telling her she didn't get the job based on her talent but her looks, but "that's okay"? Wow, bitter much?  And then when she reacts, he says she's tripping. 

Ya think? He insults her and then acts surprised when she gets angry. 

He's a horrible human being. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MelloYellow said:

Doug is a terrible boyfriend.

He shouldn't have blabbed, but compared to Luca, Doug is the best boyfriend ever.

Luca really showed his true colors. He got mad at Zoey for getting hired as a stylist, a job that he never would have been hired for (by anyone, not just this guy). Then he storms out in the middle of the night and refuses to reply to her texts or contact her for an entire week. He allegedly shows up to be supportive of his girlfriend, only to then tell her that she only got the job because of the way she looks, but "that's okay."

And after a week of refusing to reply to any of her calls or texts, Luca is freaking out because he's been texting Zoey "all day" and she hasn't replied. BOO HOO!

I was really afraid that Zoey was going to see Luca and get off the plane. Thank goodness she ended up going to London (even if it's just to babysit $700 jean shorts).

I hope Nomi finds out that her professor was dating several other students and that she tells the ethics committee about her relationship.

• Love 12

It felt contrived, all of it. Have to have relationship drama, so Luca acts like a douche (tho that's not out of character for him) and they break up, and so of course Zoey has to kiss Aaron, who's never not been in love with her, or something. Also...I have no idea of how these kinds of things work, but Zoey getting to jet off on a private plane for a dream job (at least, a dream job for a 20 year old, or it seems that way to me) in London doesn't feel earned, at all. It seems like a fantasy, not actual life. And there's no way her family, or someone from it, wouldn't have been  taking her to the airport.

I like Luca, or the actor, anyway, so I still want him around, but he and Zoey do not need to get back together. And yeah...what's the friend protocol now? Is Zoey required to let all the girls know she kissed Aaron or she's a bad friend? Why had she not told them about the London job sooner? Does Nomi not telling them about the professor situation make HER a bad friend? can't keep these rules straight.

• Love 5

Breaking up with Luca seemed like real growth to me.

I hope that him showing up at the airport at the last minute was NOT a sign the show wants to redeem him as a boyfriend and get Zoey to take him back. It's too little, too late.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, dungeonwriter said:

He insults her and then acts surprised when she gets angry. 

He's done this since the moment we met him.  He's trash.

35 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I hope that him showing up at the airport at the last minute was NOT a sign the show wants to redeem him as a boyfriend and get Zoey to take him back. It's too little, too late.

Way too little, and any time after the first time he insulted her was too late.

Luca sucks, and I am thrilled that Zoey tossed his ass to the curb. This season I have increasingly been over his too cool for school attitude, but he really showed his jerk side this week. For one thing, if he wanted to talk to that guy, he should have talked to him, not just stood around like an idiot because he is too cool to say hi to a person. For another, this was never HIS job, it was Zoeys from day one, and not even a job he would probably want (he wanted a stylist, while Luca is a designer) or been any good at. For a third, and the biggest, he should he freaking happy for his girlfriend getting a great opportunity, not whiny and jealous and making her feel bad for her own success. No one should be with a person who makes them feel bad for succeeding, what a petty asshole. And then just storms out in the middle of the night, and refuses to even text her. And then, in the final finishing move of asshole boyfriends, he is just burning with jealousy at Zoeys event, with those bitter and petty comments about how she only got this job because she is a pretty girl, not because she is actually talented, but "its ok". God what a tool. He was clearly saying, right in the middle of her big night, that he thinks that he is actually the more talented one, but Zoey got the leg up because of her being a hot girl, and thats the only reason anyone would pick her work over Lucas. What a piece of crap, they better not to angling for a Luca/Zoey reconciliation next season, he does not deserve a second chance. 

So now that Aaron and Zoey kissed, does she need to tell Ana ASAP about it? He is just as much Ana's ex now as he is Zoeys, and after Zoey made such a big about Aaron and Ana, it will be interesting to see how that plays out if they become a thing.  

• Love 2

Or maybe she'll be like Brenda Walsh and use a fake accent to get a hot boyfriend before coming back to find out that her boyfriend and her best friend hooked up while she was gone. Oh, wait, we already did the Aaron/Ana storyline. "I hate you both! Never talk to me again!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2019 at 2:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

Luca sucks, and I am thrilled that Zoey tossed his ass to the curb. This season I have increasingly been over his too cool for school attitude, but he really showed his jerk side this week. For one thing, if he wanted to talk to that guy, he should have talked to him, not just stood around like an idiot because he is too cool to say hi to a person. For another, this was never HIS job, it was Zoeys from day one, and not even a job he would probably want (he wanted a stylist, while Luca is a designer) or been any good at. For a third, and the biggest, he should he freaking happy for his girlfriend getting a great opportunity, not whiny and jealous and making her feel bad for her own success. No one should be with a person who makes them feel bad for succeeding, what a petty asshole. And then just storms out in the middle of the night, and refuses to even text her. And then, in the final finishing move of asshole boyfriends, he is just burning with jealousy at Zoeys event, with those bitter and petty comments about how she only got this job because she is a pretty girl, not because she is actually talented, but "its ok". God what a tool. He was clearly saying, right in the middle of her big night, that he thinks that he is actually the more talented one, but Zoey got the leg up because of her being a hot girl, and thats the only reason anyone would pick her work over Lucas. What a piece of crap, they better not to angling for a Luca/Zoey reconciliation next season, he does not deserve a second chance. 

So now that Aaron and Zoey kissed, does she need to tell Ana ASAP about it? He is just as much Ana's ex now as he is Zoeys, and after Zoey made such a big about Aaron and Ana, it will be interesting to see how that plays out if they become a thing.  

All of the Zoey/Luca drama seemed all too realistic, sadly. Their dynamic has always been Zoey standing on her head to cater to Luca, while he puts in the most minimal effort (as he seems to do with everything). I wasn't surprised at all that she initially turned that job down because of Luca, when we all know he'd never have done the same for her. 

It was very satisfying to see her finally call him out and end it, but then of course she had to go kiss Aaron immediately because apparently we can't have a character without boyfriend drama at all times.

I can't even find it interesting to see if Zoey and Aaron get together because we've already seen her not choose him several times. She's obviously not that attracted to him, he's just a safety net that's always there. 

As for Luca, I kind of hope that they stay broken up and that his character fades back into the more limited space that he was in when the show started. I read a bit about the actor and it seems like he's basically playing himself, which only works in a very limited capacity. Whenever they give him more dialogue, it becomes clear that he's not a trained actor and can't deliver a line that well. But when he's just doing his monosyllabic, too cool for school routine in the background, he's perfectly fine in the role. 

Also, when the hell is this show on? I only watch it on Hulu and it always seems like there are new episodes but I don't know when it actually airs. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

It was very satisfying to see her finally call him out and end it, but then of course she had to go kiss Aaron immediately because apparently we can't have a character without boyfriend relationship drama at all times.

Not all the characters have "boyfriend drama"; Nomi has "girlfriend drama".

2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Also, when the hell is this show on? I only watch it on Hulu and it always seems like there are new episodes but I don't know when it actually airs. 

It won't air until the new season starts.  I think it will be on Wednesdays late in 2019 or early 2020,, but check the Futon Critic page.

• Love 2

I'm sad this season is over! I thought the first season was okay but I thought the first half of this season was actively cringeworthy but I think they managed to turn it around the middle of Season 2 Part 2. I'm glad Zoe and Luka are done with each other. I really love the friendship between all the girls. I wonder what will happen with the professor.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:49 PM, MelloYellow said:

During the back half of the season, the show seemed to be trying to bring Luca back into the friend circle, since Doug essentially replaced him.

I love Doug, Luka can go kick rocks.

• Love 1