Type keyword(s) to search

Amanda Rollins: Georgia Peach in the Big Apple

• Start Topic

Doesn't Rollins have a thread here? Interested to know what everyone thinks of that character.

I could have sworn there was one previously, but like the SVU writers we lost the thread with Rollins years ago or just never had it to begin with. So here we go. I think it's pretty obvious that she's not my favorite character. I actually like Kelli Giddish and think she plays well off everyone, but what they've done with her is the biggest waste of great chemistry on television with the possible exception of the meth labs on Breaking Bad.

• Love 5
(edited)

I couldn't care less if Rollins gets the boot; as long as Carisi doesn't go with. 
ETA: I was going to suggest she gets sent to another Law & Order from the franchise, but I think SVU is the only one left? 

Edited by Claire76
Add more stuff.
  • Love 3

I LOATHE Rollins!! She’s an unprofessional screw up who should’ve been fired for her unprofessional behavior ages ago. 

And does anyone else find it really weird how her and Benson suddenly became BFF’s in season 19? They had a lot of issues with each other for a few seasons and were never all that close, and suddenly when season 19 started they were BFF’s. I think the writers and Mariska wanted these female/mommy bonding scenes, but it came out of the blue. 

I didn’t like the relationship between Amaro/Rollins, it was forced and soapy, and I’m afraid they want to recreate that with Rollins/Carisi. Rollins’ only consistent relationship has been with Fin, I do like the Fin/Rollins partnership, but then again Fin works well with everyone. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Claire76 said:

I couldn't care less if Rollins gets the boot; as long as Carisi doesn't go with. 
ETA: I was going to suggest she gets sent to another Law & Order from the franchise, but I think SVU is the only one left? 

Yeah, CI and the Mothership are gone, along with failures (1 season each) Law & Order: Trial By Jury and Law & Order: Los Angeles, but Law & Order: Hate Crimes has been in the pipeline for a little over a year now. I'll be shocked if it comes to fruition.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I LOATHE Rollins!! She’s an unprofessional screw up who should’ve been fired for her unprofessional behavior ages ago. 

And does anyone else find it really weird how her and Benson suddenly became BFF’s in season 19? They had a lot of issues with each other for a few seasons and were never all that close, and suddenly when season 19 started they were BFF’s. I think the writers and Mariska wanted these female/mommy bonding scenes, but it came out of the blue. 

I didn’t like the relationship between Amaro/Rollins, it was forced and soapy, and I’m afraid they want to recreate that with Rollins/Carisi. Rollins’ only consistent relationship has been with Fin, I do like the Fin/Rollins partnership, but then again Fin works well with everyone. 

I don't loathe Kelli Goddess Giddish, as she is easy on the eyes, although I do have issues sometimes with what the Hair Dept. does to her locks.  But as to character Rollins, I agree with every point you've made and that she's a mess.  (But in her defense, look at Amanda's family to see how she got there.)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't loathe Kelli Goddess Giddish, as she is easy on the eyes, although I do have issues sometimes with what the Hair Dept. does to her locks.  But as to character Rollins, I agree with every point you've made and that she's a mess.  (But in her defense, look at Amanda's family to see how she got there.)

Amanda's home life was a mess, I'll give her that. But so was Mike Logan's, Briscoe's with his daughters, and so on. I think it is almost a badge of honor in the franchise when characters have fucked up personal lives.

• Love 2

I will never understand how she is still employed as a NYPD detective.  From the gambling issues to not following the rules to horrific treatment of certain types of victims, I am just baffled.  We all know how Benson feels about victims; I am surprised she didn’t transfer her out after Rollins threw money at the victim who was a prostitute. 

Im worried that the other members of the Rollins family are going to show up again now that Leight is back.  And we never met the father; I hope I didn’t jinx us by throwing that out to the universe . I can’t handle all that drama again.  It’s going to be bad enough that Leight has already stated that Murphy will be back.  I still  think it was a huge mistake to make him the 1st baby daddy. What a waste of Donal Logue. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

I will never understand how she is still employed as a NYPD detective.  From the gambling issues to not following the rules to horrific treatment of certain types of victims, I am just baffled.

Yeah, agreed.  For me, it was game over for Rollins when she hit a handcuffed suspect.  That's beyond the pale.  They've taken her over the line too many times.  Any of these things could've - should've - had her losing her badge or facing some kind of disciplinary action, at least.  It would be one thing if they portrayed her as the bad cop she is, but, instead, she's one of our "heroes."

At least twice the last few seasons, she's taken a victim she mistreated to lunch or a drink to "apologize."  And we're supposed to think, after Rollins treated someone that way after what will probably be the worst experience of their lives, that that makes it all better.  Well, she obviously didn't learn her lesson after the first time.  Even if you don't believe them, you do not treat a victim this way and still call yourself a professional.

And, wow, does it speak badly to Benson, too.  If she doesn't know one of her detectives is treating victims this way, wow.  If she does and does nothing, wow.  Which is it, Show:  Is Benson a good lieutenant or a bad one?  You tell us one thing, yet show us another.  All for the drama.  That's bad writing.

7 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

It’s going to be bad enough that Leight has already stated that Murphy will be back.  I still  think it was a huge mistake to make him the 1st baby daddy. What a waste of Donal Logue. 

Yeah, agree again.  Nothing against DL, but I hate Murphy and hate that he's Jesse's father.  I guess we're stuck with that, since it happened on Leight's watch, but I wouldn't be upset at all if he erased everything from the last three seasons, as if it all never happened.  'Cause there's plenty that should've never happened.

• Love 6
(edited)

I couldn’t agree more with everything being said about Rollins in this thread!! She’s a terrible cop. She should’ve been fired a long time ago, for many reasons. And if a male detective had treated a victim the way Rollins treated the victim in Service, Benson would’ve made it her personal mission to destroy him, but because it was Rollins, Benson gave her a free pass. Benson is definitely a bad lieutenant IMO, she is incredibly biased, uses her position to push a personal agenda and lets her detectives get away with all sorts of unprofessional behavior.

What episode is it where Rollins hit a handcuffed suspect? She’s roughed people up more than once, although the detectives at SVU have a terrible record of police brutality, the only SVU cops who have never abused suspects are Munch, Cragen and maybe Carisi. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

I will never understand how she is still employed as a NYPD detective.  From the gambling issues to not following the rules to horrific treatment of certain types of victims, I am just baffled.  We all know how Benson feels about victims; I am surprised she didn’t transfer her out after Rollins threw money at the victim who was a prostitute. 

Im worried that the other members of the Rollins family are going to show up again now that Leight is back.  And we never met the father; I hope I didn’t jinx us by throwing that out to the universe . I can’t handle all that drama again.  It’s going to be bad enough that Leight has already stated that Murphy will be back.  I still  think it was a huge mistake to make him the 1st baby daddy. What a waste of Donal Logue. 

Yeah, no more Rollins Family Drama.  What the Show did with Donal Logue was a crime.  OK, so he had a better offer of a part in another show, so they had to write him out, away doing God knows what undercover, or whatever the hell happened to him.  They did not have to impregnate Amanda in the process.  Her real-life pregnancy could have been hidden or, gasp, another man's child.  She was such a trainwreck then that she could have easily been sperm donated to by any number of one-nighters, Amaro, etc.

• Love 4
On 7/24/2019 at 2:16 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Yeah, no more Rollins Family Drama.  What the Show did with Donal Logue was a crime.  OK, so he had a better offer of a part in another show, so they had to write him out, away doing God knows what undercover, or whatever the hell happened to him.  They did not have to impregnate Amanda in the process.  Her real-life pregnancy could have been hidden or, gasp, another man's child.  She was such a trainwreck then that she could have easily been sperm donated to by any number of one-nighters, Amaro, etc.

Or have Rollins not be pregnant. Just do what Criminal Intent did with Megan Wheeler. Send Rollins off on a case assignment outside of SVU that she is needed for. Which is what it did for Wheeler, away from Major Case, and when MH was pregnant and sent Olivia off, away from SVU. Or what it did for Eames, also on CI. Maybe Rollins needs money (Because of whatever. Eames did it for her sister), so she volunteers to be a surrogate. I thought that was a pretty cool idea, actually. You did not have to hide a pregnancy, yet it was done so the character was not tied down with a kid, etc.

What the show actually did, IMO, was gross since Murphy was a superior officer and such.

• Love 7

The idea to retcon Baby Jesse's Baby Daddy is an excellent one!  Bring Murphy back without the baggage after Rollins has another oops moment (I love the paternity test idea) and carry on as if their little fling didn't happen.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

What episode is it where Rollins hit a handcuffed suspect?

It was Gone Baby Gone, when Noah was kidnapped.  Rollins hit the guy Sheila had duped into taking the kid.  Of course, Rollins would get that het up over a case involving our beloved Benson and her newest bestest friend, it's just that personal.  RME

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 7:50 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Nothing against Kelli Giddish, but Rollins should have been fired from the NYPD ages ago. God, what a mess.

Yeah I agree that it's beyond ridiculous at this point considering that other characters have gotten in serious trouble for a lot less (hence my choice of thread title) and they were better detectives to boot. I just wonder how anyone thought that layering on all these plots on top of each other was a good idea?

On 7/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I don't think it was a bad idea having them become closer, but the execution was bad. That was actually something MC mentioned in his earliest interviews when he took over that there were a lot of similarities there and that he thought they should bond. I wouldn't be surprised if the original conception was more of a McCoy/Cutter think with Benson as the mentor trying to keep her protegee from making some of her mistakes as well as being sympathetic as a fellow single mother in the NYPD, but that Mariska had no interest in exploring that as it would mean admitting that some of Benson's suffering was self-inflicted.

I personally think TPTB are of two minds - they would like to recreate the Benson/Stabler magic, but that would mean less of Benson's personal life so they won't commit. I think going full Rollisi, but not actually putting them together romantically wouldn't be a bad idea. Or at least they wouldn't if the writers could manage consistent subtlety and not say turn Carisi into a middle schooler when Rollins hooks up with someone. And if they could stop having her do stupid things that should make anyone with half a brain run away screaming.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:15 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Or have Rollins not be pregnant. Just do what Criminal Intent did with Megan Wheeler. Send her off on a case assignment outside of SVU that she is needed for. Which is what it did when MH was pregnant and sent Olivia off. Or what it did for Eames, also on CI. Maybe Rollins needs money (Because of whatever. Eames did it for her sister), so she volunteers to be a surrogate. I thought that was a pretty cool idea, actually. You did not have to hide a pregnancy, yet it was done so the character was not tied down with a kid, etc.

What the show actually did, IMO, was gross since Murphy was a superior officer and such.

I don't have a problem with Rollins first pregnancy per se. Again that's the idea not the execution. The whole "who's the daddy" thing and trashing Murphy's character was pure yuck, but it could have been OK if they didn't go there. The second one they should have realized that after rebooting her character by putting her in the background for a couple years, waving the bipolar wand and writing off her sister etc. they were going back off the rails and come up with something else. Put her on desk duty for one of those many screwups or if that wasn't acceptable have her attacked by a perp. I mean you had to keep her in the squad room anyways, so why not come up with a better explanation than having her in another gross relationship that shows no judgement whatsoever.

Edited by wknt3
fixed typos and cleaned up phrasing
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Yeah I agree that it's beyond ridiculous at this point considering that other characters have gotten in serious trouble for a lot less (hence my choice of thread title) and they were better detectives to boot. I just wonder how anyone thought that layering on all these plots on top of each other was a good idea?

I don't think it was a bad idea having them become closer, but the execution was bad. That was actually something MC mentioned in his earliest interviews when he took over that there were a lot of similarities there and that he thought they should bond. I wouldn't be surprised if the original conception was more of a McCoy/Cutter think with Benson as the mentor trying to keep her protegee from making some of her mistakes as well as being sympathetic as a fellow single mother in the NYPD, but that Mariska had no interest in exploring that as it would mean admitting that some of Benson's suffering was self-inflicted.

I personally think TPTB are of two minds - they would like to recreate the Benson/Stabler magic, but that would mean less of Benson's personal life so they won't commit. I think going full Rollisi, but not actually putting them together romantically wouldn't be a bad idea. Or at least they wouldn't if the writers could manage consistent subtlety and not say turn Carisi into a middle schooler when Rollins hooks up with someone. And if they could stop having her do stupid things that should make anyone with half a brain run away screaming.

I don't have a problem with Rollins first pregnancy per se. Again that's the idea not the execution. The whole "whose the daddY" thing and trashing Murphy's character was pure yuck, but it could have been OK. The second one they should have realized that after rebooting her character by putting her in the background for a couple years, waving the bipolar wand and writing off her sister etc. they were going back off the rails and come up with something else. Put her on desk duty for one of those many screwups or if that wasn't acceptable have her attacked by a perp. I mean you had to keep her in the squad room anyways, so why not come up with a better explanation than having her in another gross relationship that shows no judgement whatsoever.

The Benson/Rollins scenes are just brutal to watch because of my disdain for both characters, so I really dread their constant bonding scenes. And it came out of nowhere, they were just suddenly BFF’s out of the blue at the start of season 19, there was no buildup to it. 

I hated how they made Murphy Rollins’ baby daddy. And writing in her second pregnancy was a terrible idea, but they wanted to a push a pro motherhood agenda IMO. 

And I never found anything “magical” about Benson/Stabler. Those 2 just brought out the worst in each other and that partnership became toxic, and I hated the way the writers were constantly trying to bait the Benson/Stabler shippers with situations where they would pose as a couple etc. I do NOT want to see Benson/Stabler recreated. The Munch/Fin partnership is what I miss, and I hope they continue to put Fin/Carisi together, I love that partnership!!

• Love 4

Speaking of said title, I'd love to see Monique Jeffries somehow come back before the show folds. I know the show made her look like a wreck of a cop, too, but what can I say? I liked her. I must usually go for the messes, because I liked Bobby Goren on CI, too. So why Rollins bugs me so much, I don't know. I don't think it is Kelli Giddish. I liked her in her soap days on All My Children and even liked her similarly-messy guest role on CI as Dana Stipe, treasure hunter. But Rollins bugs. Shrug.

Speaking of Jeffries, I was always sort of confused in S1. Was she Munch's partner or was it Cassidy? He seemed to alternate with working with both. And while I like Ice T/Finn, I don't get why Michelle Hurd had to go to add him to the cast. Back then, the show had an actual budget to accommodate everyone!

Apropos of absolutely nothing and not related to this thread, as I type, I am listening to SiriusXM, and "The Ballad of Jayne" by hair-metal band L.A. Guns is playing. Apparently, it was about Mariska's mother, Jayne Mansfield. Huh.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Speaking of said title, I'd love to see Monique Jeffries somehow come back before the show folds. I know the show made her look like a wreck of a cop, too, but what can I say? I liked her. I must usually go for the messes, because I liked Bobby Goren on CI, too. So why Rollins bugs me so much, I don't know. I don't think it is Kelli Giddish. I liked her in her soap days on All My Children and even liked her similarly-messy guest role on CI as Dana Stipe, treasure hunter. But Rollins bugs. Shrug.

I agree with you. I think the problem is that Rollins is not as good of a detective as either character and she never really suffers any lasting consequences for her actions, Plus you always got the sense that all of the L&Overse's other "messy" cops wanted to change and understood that they had some real issues on some level even if it they kept it below the surface. I never get the sense that Rollins truly regrets her actions for more than a couple episodes at best and she never gains any empathy for others either.

Speaking of Jeffries, I was always sort of confused in S1. Was she Munch's partner or was it Cassidy? He seemed to alternate with working with both. And while I like Ice T/Finn, I don't get why Michelle Hurd had to go to add him to the cast. Back then, the show had an actual budget to accommodate everyone!

Yeah they were kind of figuring things out that season and there was a bit of shuffling. I think officially Munch and Cassidy were partners at first and Jeffries was partnered with Jerry Orbach's son although the secondary characters were mixed up as needed to see what worked.  As far as why she had to go it wasn't a budget thing - NBC didn't want two male-female pairs and wanted somebody more distinctive and the producers had their own doubts and didn't stick up for her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I’m hoping Rollins is partnered with Fin a lot this season with Carisi moving to the DA’s office, I like the Rollins/Fin partnership and I feel like Fin’s laid back nature and objective style provides a nice balance for Rollins. What I’m afraid we will get is a boatload of Benson/Rollins scenes, which are almost unbearable to watch because of both of their biased, unprofessional nature and personal drama, I really can’t stand the Benson/Rollins scenes because of my strong dislike for both characters. Please give us more of Rollins/Fin and less of Rollins/Benson. 

• Love 2

This last episode was yet another reminder of how much I hate Rollins, she’s such an unprofessional trainwreck, yelling at Carisi for no reason other than him daring to take another job was extremely inappropriate, and of course no one calls her out for it, because women can do no wrong in SVU for the most part. Rollins is unstable and pathetic if Carisi leaving screws her up that much, I wonder if Rollins has mental health issues like her sister does? Rollins has always been beyond unprofessional and simply isn’t fit to be on the SVU squad. 

I will be really pissed if they try to develop a romance between Rollins and Carisi, Carisi can do so much better than Rollins and I’m sick of how Rollins drags everyone else down, I wish she would just leave the show, she’s by far the worst main character in SVU history IMO. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

This last episode was yet another reminder of how much I hate Rollins, she’s such an unprofessional trainwreck, yelling at Carisi for no reason other than him daring to take another job was extremely inappropriate, and of course no one calls her out for it, because women can do no wrong in SVU for the most part. Rollins is unstable and pathetic if Carisi leaving screws her up that much, I wonder if Rollins has mental health issues like her sister does? Rollins has always been beyond unprofessional and simply isn’t fit to be on the SVU squad. 

I will be really pissed if they try to develop a romance between Rollins and Carisi, Carisi can do so much better than Rollins and I’m sick of how Rollins drags everyone else down, I wish she would just leave the show, she’s by far the worst main character in SVU history IMO. 

Either that, or get her act together and let it stay together.  Good point on whether Amanda has a mild-to-moderate mental illness.  Just because you can attend the police academy and pass the exams...

• Love 1
On 7/24/2019 at 9:56 AM, ChristiKRN said:

Thank you!  How TF is she a detective for SVU???  If she's in narcotics or something, I can kind of overlook her attitude, but SVU?!!!  You can't work there if you're going to be a bitch to abused prostitutes.  They're in that extremely dangerous slot where people don't care enough about them and even when they're abused and raped (YES, there is such thing as raping a prostitute), people still don't care.  But you get someone in a position of power like a detective who works in special victims who's treating you like shit because of your job, you can GFY, Rollins.  Like YOU are in a position to judge anybody!!!  Your life is an effing mess.  She's a mediocre detective AT BEST, so it's not like she's irreplaceable as a detective and they NEED her to stay in SVU.

Who really wants Rollins and Carisi to get together now?  Do we really want that?  That would be the laziest and the shittiest writing ever.  There is no reason for them to be together.  They had a really good chance to make Rollins to be someone who turned out straight, even if she comes from a shitty family, but instead, turned her into a cliché.  So what, if someone's from a bad family, we don't all turn out to be addicts, criminals or have one shitty relationship after another. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I'll have to politely disagree. Not with the "worst" but with the "by far". Chester Lake was a main character even if he's mostly forgotten today.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, Xeliou66 said:

even worse then dani beck and chester? i was always meh about those two tbh

• Love 2
On 10/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Omg finally someone sees what I see. I hated Rollins on this episode! For her to call Carisi out in the squad room like he had to stay a detective all his life to satisfy her life is horrible and unprofessional! I will never watch again if they make Rollins/Carisi a couple she have 2 daughters by 2 different men and Carisi deserve a woman will less baggage and a mental illness. Rollins always go over what Fin tells her to do and it is bugging me. She question Fin/Benson soo much but they are her bosses! She have 1 more episode to do this and I will never watch again until she is gone! 

• Love 2
On 11/24/2019 at 11:10 AM, Yeezy1031 said:

Omg finally someone sees what I see. I hated Rollins on this episode! For her to call Carisi out in the squad room like he had to stay a detective all his life to satisfy her life is horrible and unprofessional! I will never watch again if they make Rollins/Carisi a couple she have 2 daughters by 2 different men and Carisi deserve a woman will less baggage and a mental illness. Rollins always go over what Fin tells her to do and it is bugging me. She question Fin/Benson soo much but they are her bosses! She have 1 more episode to do this and I will never watch again until she is gone! 

Yep, I never ever EVER want to see those two as a couple.  What effing reason is there to put them together???  Carisi had a moment of temporary insanity when he had that mini crush on Rollins for two seconds, but I just don't understand why the writers are trying to drag this bullshit out.  I want Carisi to come in one day with a wedding ring and when questioned about it, reply that he got married to an off-screen girlfriend.  We don't need to see his wife, I just want her to be a nice, normal woman he's married to.

• Love 6

It would make me sick to see Carisi and Rollins as a couple, they have no chemistry and Carisi can do so much better than the trainwreck that is Rollins. Rollins is a screw up and a terrible cop and I really can’t stand her, and Carisi should stay far away from Rollins, does anyone think Rollins is being very selfish with her whining about Carisi leaving? Carisi’s always wanted to be a lawyer, and his life doesn’t revolve around what Rollins wants. I’m glad Rollins is in therapy right now and apparently sought it out herself because she has a ton of issues. 

• Love 4
On 12/1/2019 at 6:51 AM, SarahPrtr said:

Yep, I never ever EVER want to see those two as a couple.  What effing reason is there to put them together???  Carisi had a moment of temporary insanity when he had that mini crush on Rollins for two seconds, but I just don't understand why the writers are trying to drag this bullshit out.  I want Carisi to come in one day with a wedding ring and when questioned about it, reply that he got married to an off-screen girlfriend.  We don't need to see his wife, I just want her to be a nice, normal woman he's married to.

I have no problem with Rollisi as subtext. It used to be something organic, arising from the chemistry between the actors and the fact that only Benson was allowed to have a real personal life since they (wisely) decided to take a break from Rollins' love life and family for a few seasons as they realized they had gone off the rails. When it was almost entirely off screen and left to the viewer's own interpretation (were they getting it on constantly after work? was Carisi just spending all that time helping her out because he was just that impossibly nice?) it was fun. When they decided to start exploring it explicitly it went downhill quickly as the writers are incapable of the subtlety that the actors, directors, and viewers brought and they were also unable to give us any of the answers to the questions that come up when you go and make it all textual like why Carisi would put up with it and how does Rollins actually find herself attracted to someone who's stable and actually good for her? Also they can't seem to make up their mind if this is something that they actually want to do or if it infringes on Mariska's primacy as the one all her male colleagues have UST with or dishonors the memory/is a rehash of Benson/Stabler. So it seems like they keep starting down the road and then hesitate and start up again and it just comes across as drawn out and repetitive. It's too bad as it could have been fun and I'd rather see Carisi at mommy and me yoga class than Benson flirting with her personal trainer, but Rollins and these writers just won't let us have nice things...

I could never understand someone like Rollins who is a detective, and has been an adult for years taking her mother and sister's garbage.    She should have cut off both of them when the sister ripped her off, and conned her into shooting the boyfriend.   But instead, the sister and mother keep getting more chances to ruin her life.  

• Love 6

How long will Amanda Rollins be a weak link? Her gambling, sister and now father. I am not enjoying these plot lines. Am I alone? If so, I will suck it up. I have been watching Law And Order SVU from day one and really like it, obviously.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Jesse 2 said:

How long will Amanda Rollins be a weak link? Her gambling, sister and now father. I am not enjoying these plot lines. Am I alone? If so, I will suck it up. I have been watching Law And Order SVU from day one and really like it, obviously.

You are definitely not alone.  Unfortunately, the character is a favorite of the show runner, writers, etc so she is not going anywhere.  At times, I think they are trying to make her a co-lead with  Hargitay with the amount of focus that Rollins gets.  I’m surprised they haven’t promoted her to Lieutenant by now, considering that they have continually overlooked her transgressions over the years.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 6:58 PM, Jesse 2 said:

I agree! Are they trying to make her worse than Benson now? Benson hasn't been too emotionally involved in her cases of late. If most remember from previous cases, she was too much involved to almost obsessively and illegally involved, but at the least inappropriate with many rape victims. I don't know why they don't pursue some of these other more interesting plot lines in an episode. They always seem to throw in these side personal dramas, that add nothing to story and actually take away from the plot lines that could be more delved into, rather than their superficial use.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 4

Agreed - I loathe Rollins and I’m sick of her personal life being shoved down our throats. She’s a writers pet though and I feel that they are trying to make her the #2 character behind Benson, just look at how much her personal life has been shoved down our throats this season and how many storylines she’s gotten. She’s gotten almost as much focus as St Olivia!! Meanwhile Fin and Carisi get very little focus, especially Fin.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Meanwhile Fin and Carisi get very little focus, especially Fin.

Fin has been the epitome of common sense with the major focus of objectivity when it comes to an investigation. It seems like Benson and Rollins push the envelope when it comes to sympathizing with the victims, but it's always been Fin who knows when to stay a couple of steps back so as to stay unbiased and be professional.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Fin has been the epitome of common sense with the major focus of objectivity when it comes to an investigation. It seems like Benson and Rollins push the envelope when it comes to sympathizing with the victims, but it's always been Fin who knows when to stay a couple of steps back so as to stay unbiased and be professional.

Exactly. Kat seems to be overly emotional as well, but it’s more understandable with her given that she’s new to investigating these types of cases. There’s no excuse for how biased Benson is, and Rollins is just an unprofessional screw up all around - Fin is the least biased by far and is able to see things objectively. 

I’m so sick of Rollins being shoved down our throats, she is clearly a pet of the current showrunner, if Rollins left the show, the show would be much better. Rollins is one of my least favorite main characters in the entire L&O franchise. 

• Love 4

I loathe and despise Rollins simply because (so far) she hasn't laid a finger on that fuck-up of a sister, Kim - nor has she told her cow-of-a-mother of theirs to fuck-off either !. Really, how many times has her family put her job in danger but no, every time they come calling the dumb bitch that Rollins is seems to put 'Family' before 'Loyalty' to her job and to her colleagues every single time !.But seriously, as others have said, the writers really are stretching all points of credulity here as in real-life, Rollins would've been booted off the force a looooong time ago !

• Love 3
On 3/9/2020 at 4:51 PM, Deansy said:

I loathe and despise Rollins simply because (so far) she hasn't laid a finger on that fuck-up of a sister, Kim - nor has she told her cow-of-a-mother of theirs to fuck-off either !. Really, how many times has her family put her job in danger but no, every time they come calling the dumb bitch that Rollins is seems to put 'Family' before 'Loyalty' to her job and to her colleagues every single time !.But seriously, as others have said, the writers really are stretching all points of credulity here as in real-life, Rollins would've been booted off the force a looooong time ago !

Not only should she have been kicked to curb ages ago, it's surprising her many fuck ups haven't gotten member of SVU killed. Even then would they have the guts to get rid of her?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Not only should she have been kicked to curb ages ago, it's surprising her many fuck ups haven't gotten member of SVU killed. Even then would they have the guts to get rid of her?

It's funny how the writers and producers some how miss this fundamental rule that when they humanize the lead characters and try and show some of their flaws, they go too far (in this case) and they lose a lot of their professional ethics. Yet the writers and producers don't realize it. I believe that's where the viewership is divided into the maniacal "the star character can do no wrong" fan and the reluctant fan who enjoyed the early quality writing that made the tv series what it once was, hoping to see that kind of writing once more.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Nope. If the writers want to keep someone they have no problem showing them fucking up and getting someone killed but keeping their jobs. They will even have the family forgive the character that got a squad member killed and tell us that we didn't see what we saw and it wasn't really that character's fault. RIP Mike Dodds.

Edited by wknt3
1 hour ago, wknt3 said:

Nope. If the writers want to keep someone they have no problem showing them fucking up and getting someone killed but keeping their jobs. They will even have the family forgive the character that got a squad member lilled and tell us that we didn't see what we saw and it wasn't really that character's fault. RIP Mike Dodds.

Why oh why couldn't it have been Kim Rollins?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, wknt3 said:

Nope. If the writers want to keep someone they have no problem showing them fucking up and getting someone killed but keeping their jobs. They will even have the family forgive the character that got a squad member killed and tell us that we didn't see what we saw and it wasn't really that character's fault. RIP Mike Dodds.

I thought it was very human for Chief Dodds to react poorly to Benson after what happened to Dodds Jr.   It was unrealistic for him then  to encourage the Higher ups to promote Benson to captain as part of his demotion, especially considering her missteps in her leadership role.  God forbid anyone hold Benson accountable.

As for Rollins, yes, she should no longer be a cop after all that she has done.  Even if you don’t take into consideration her gambling problems and how she treats certain types of victims, the “Book of Esther “ episode showcased her poor decision making.  Her actions (in New Jersey no less where she has no authority) directly led to that standoff, with deaths of some of the kids and injuries to some Jersey cops.  New Jeresey would have been screaming for her head.  And then Benson allowed Rollins to interrogate the father; in what universe would that happen?

Rollins frequently makes me consider her a female version of Stabler.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 3/17/2020 at 9:45 PM, ChristiKRN said:

Rollins frequently makes me consider her a female version of Stabler.  

Not a fair comparison IMO. Stabler had a sense of humor, showed occasional flashes of self-awareness, and always kept his hair under control...

Edited by wknt3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Not a fair comparison IMO. Stabler haf a sense of humor, showed occasional flashes of self-awareness, and always kept his hair under control...

Not to mention, but any "lack of birth control" was due to the fact he was Catholic. Rollins just seems to be lazy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Not a fair comparison IMO. Stabler haf a sense of humor, showed occasional flashes of self-awareness, and always kept his hair under control...

Haha 😂.  So true on all points!!! Oh my...her hair!  I know the hair stylist tries to volumize her thin, fine hair but it is an epic fail.  Just stop. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/23/2020 at 8:53 AM, illdoc said:

Not to mention, but any "lack of birth control" was due to the fact he was Catholic. Rollins just seems to be lazy.

He was married. And had kids with the same woman.  So Catholic or not, they could have as many kids as they wanted.

• Love 1

I am the exception here, I think Rollins personal life and her personality and quirks, are intriguing for the cop show drama type of show. I love Amanda and Kellie Giddish. 

Her sister Kim makes me crazy. How someone can be so annoying and toxic to her sister! Lindsay Pulsipher does a great job with her portrayal. Kim is such an Achilles heel for Amanda. 

I plotzed when Amanda said their father could come up to her apartment, but he couldn't stay. Then Kim says "Daddy can stay, can't he, Amanda?" I wanted to scream! Then Amanda lets him stay! 

That is how real-life families are! No matter how outrageous one member is, everyone else keeps coming back for more.

• Love 3