Type keyword(s) to search

Titans in the Media: The Gotham City Gazette

• Start Topic

TITANS follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the classic Teen Titans franchise. Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth, a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, get embroiled in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them along the way are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes.

NOTE: This is the TV-MA show on DC Universe, not one of the kid-friendly versions on Cartoon Network.

Media!

That's interesting! I'd be curious about the sources of some of the information since not all of that is shown in the pictures (ie, Negative Man opening a portal and Raven training for 300 days, Gar turning into an eel or octopus instead of snake, Wally West being mentioned by Donna). Titans doesn't seem to stick the landing on their finales very well! Part of me thinks this would have been a better finale to season 1, but I agree with the article author that it probably would have resulted in season 2 not being as good, so I guess it's fine as it is. Would be fun to see some of the footage from the original finale on a DVD set or something. 

In case anyone who watches Titans does not follow the CW Arrowverse...

Spoiler

Last night on the first episode of Crisis on Infinite Earths, there was a nonspeaking cameo of Hawk and Jason Todd (in Robin suit) staring up at the red skies and then a bright light flashed as the anti matter wave took out their earth. It was identified as Earth 9. So they may have made Titans part of the Arrowverse multiverse. 

I say "may have" because we know Titans has been renewed for season 3, so either this will be undone and they'll remain on their own Earth 9 or this was a different but similar Earth to the one our show takes place in. Either way, I don't expect it to be addressed on Titans ever. But I still think the cameo itself was surprising and I shrieked when I saw it, so well done DC! 

Put this here since the spoilers aren't for Titans itself, similar to the "in other media" section that wikipedia has. 

• Love 2

That's what this show needs is more people. They can't even handle the ones they have. I suppose Barbara will be okay since she's part of the Batfam and this show is a Nightwing show disgused as a Titans show.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

That's what this show needs is more people. They can't even handle the ones they have. I suppose Barbara will be okay since she's part of the Batfam and this show is a Nightwing show disgused as a Titans show.

My excitement for another live action Oracle superceded my concern that they have far too many characters. 

The FanDome listing. This is one of the few panels with no encore showing and IT'S ON AT THE SAME TIME AS THE PANEL FOR THE BATMAN? ( The new movie, not the animated show).

“Titans are back, b*tches!” That phrase kicked off an explosive second season of Titans that culminated with the long-awaited emergence of Nightwing as their leader and the tragic death of one of their own. And as a new mysterious threat looms, season three promises to be the biggest yet! Join executive producer Greg Walker and series stars Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop, Teagan Croft, Ryan Potter, Conor Leslie, Curran Walters, Joshua Orpin, Damaris Lewis, with Alan Ritchson and Minka Kelly for a preview of the new season as well as a discussion on the “Top Titans Moments” of the first two seasons. 30 min

Edited by MarkHB

Harley Quinn - Renewed for 3rd Season by HBO Max; DC Universe Transforms into Comic Book Subscription Service

Calling all comic book fans to Explore the Multiverse! DC today announced the evolution of DC UNIVERSE into DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, a premium digital comic book service set to launch on January 21, 2021. With access to more than 24,000 comic books at launch, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers will also encounter digital-first comics, exclusive access to DC fan events, as well as a steady stream of recently released comics six months after the physical versions hit store shelves. Following its initial launch, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will begin expanding globally in SUMMER 2021.

For DC UNIVERSE subscribers who want ongoing access to premium DC originals, the special DC UNIVERSE monthly member offer to HBO MAX has been extended. In celebration of Batman Day and the announcement of DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, a special offer for eligible monthly subscribers to upgrade their service to include HBO Max for an additional $4.99 per month for a limited time is now available through October 30, 2020.

HBO Max will be the home for premium video content that will include new DC series, key DC classics and DC UNIVERSE originals like Young Justice Seasons 1-4, Titans Seasons 1-3, Doom Patrol Seasons 1-3, and DC’s Stargirl Season 1. Additionally, HBO Max has ordered a third season of Warner Bros. Animation’s critically acclaimed DC UNIVERSE adult animated comedy series Harley Quinn, starring Kaley Cuoco, who also served as executive producer during the first two seasons along with Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, Dean Lorey, and Sam Register. Harley Quinn will be a Max Original going forward, and all three seasons of the show will be available.

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will be available online at DCUniverseInfinite.com, iOS and Android devices for $7.99 a month or $74.99 a year ($6.25 a month). On February 1, 2021, every DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscriber, existing members or those joining during the pre-order offer window will receive a special thank you voucher redeemable at the DC Shop subject to terms and conditions. Annual subscribers will receive a $25 voucher, while monthly subscribers will receive a $10 voucher.

From what I heard, the service was doing as well as expected; it was after the merger that folks at AT&T decided that HBO Max was going to be the overwhelming priority and DCU would lose its video.

I think that DCU was never really intended to cover the protection costs of its shows; it was a place to put these shows that WBTV wanted to make that they thought they could sell internationally but which had no obvious home in the US.

2 hours ago, phoenics said:

Don't know if you guys saw this, but Anna Diop says they are going to finally focus more on the "Core 4" Titans (Dick, Kory, Rachel and Gar) in S3:

https://fault-magazine.com/2020/11/anna-diop-the-titan-cover-shoot-and-interview/

I REALLY hope this is true.

The core 4 are boring imo as a core. Donna and Garth (if he hadnt been killed) were a lot more interesting and would be a better focus with Dick/Kory.

I wonder, based on Conor Leslie's photos on Instagram, if they're filming in New York this season. That could help explain the locale change to Gotham: they wouldn't have to rebuild that huge Titans Tower set. Plus, Ontario may well be more restrictive re: Covid than BC.

21 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I wonder, based on Conor Leslie's photos on Instagram, if they're filming in New York this season. That could help explain the locale change to Gotham: they wouldn't have to rebuild that huge Titans Tower set. Plus, Ontario may well be more restrictive re: Covid than BC.

Or she's not filming for the show yet. She lives in New York. 

I think that tease is the just the release of Starfire's new outfit. Not the premiere of S3. 

• Love 1
On 11/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, Primal Slayer said:

The core 4 are boring imo as a core. Donna and Garth (if he hadnt been killed) were a lot more interesting and would be a better focus with Dick/Kory.

Hmmm, I found Garth problematic as a character, tbh, 😕

I am glad they will probably (I'm guessing) bring Donna back.  I loved her friendship with Kory.  But I am happy about a return to the Core 4 because that's what I signed up for when I started watching and the show just never delivered properly.  I am not saying don't have other characters, but let the Core 4 have some shine - especially Gar and Kory, who have been shafted by the writing for 2 seasons now.

They really treated Gar badly practically since the word go. Im not sure why they had him as a full time character when their budget barely supports his powers and all they do is turn him into a tiger. Just let the actor dye his hair black and give him Tim Drake to play.

The first 3 episodes of Season 3 will be released HBO Max on July 22.

Spoiler

Titans - Episode 3.01 - Barbara Gordon (July 22)
Titans - Episode 3.02 - Red Hood (July 22)
Titans - Episode 3.03 - Hank & Dove (July 22)

Episode 4 will be released on July 29.

Spoiler

Titans - Episode 3.04 - Blackfire (July 29)

• Useful 1
On 5/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, Sakura12 said:

Haven't we had enough Hank and Dove episodes. 

Apparently not quite hahaha... we had "Hawk and Dove" and "Hank and Dawn" and "Faux Hawk".  Now we have one called "Hank and Dove".  I thought we already had the episode last season where Dawn wants to keep superheroing while Hank made it clear he was done.  Why are they re-visiting this in an episode called "Hank and Dove"?  Are we not going to be done with them until we have an episode called "Hawk and Dawn"?

These two characters are on the fringe of an already bloated cast... they should easily be jettisoned.  Alan Ritchson and especially Minka Kelly are just not very good actors.  The show seems desperate to find a reason to keep them on the show.  Why are they still here?  Because they are attractive?  Because they are somewhat recognisable B or C list TV actors?  They add nothing to the show.

It's very interesting that "Legends of Tomorrow" has this revolving door where members of the team come and go regularly.  They are like the Avengers, there's always about 7 or 8 of them on the core team.  But this show "Titans" seems to just simply keep adding characters without ever getting rid of any.  The Titans team started out with just four members (Dick, Kory, Gar and Rachel)... then the old school members Hawk, Dove, Wonder Girl showed up... then other new people (Connor, Jason, Rose) showed up.  Now we have Batgirl showing up, with Geriatric Bruce Wayne in the background, and probably more to come.  So there's like 12-15 people on the team now.

• Love 2