Type keyword(s) to search

Titans in the Media: The Gotham City Gazette

• Start Topic

I feel almost bad, because I wanted a Batfamily show with all the Robins and Batgirls for such a long time, but it is unfair to fans of Teen Titans to get it here. I wish they would split the show into two, so that Titans could focus more on Starfire, Donna, or Beast Boy. Hawk and Dove could gueststar, or get their own pilot to determine whether they deserve a separate show as well.

(edited)

S3 trailer! Best line OMHO:

Spoiler

Barbara: You know how crazy that is, right? Stepping into your father's shoes?

Dick: I do, Commissioner Gordon.

Edited by MarkHB
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I (and I'm sure other people) was curious about how the show would portray Barbara's disability; so they chose to have her be an amputee, like the actress.

New posters:

• Love 1

Wow could they do a more horrid job on these posters? Still hating that they took away Starfires red hair, it looked great last season. 

They really should retitle this show as Gotham: Titans or Batfam or something because....the showrunner obviously has zero interest in a (Teen) Titans show.

• Love 1

I note they have Curran Walters wearing a red hood in the Dick-centric photo... very subtle (not).  I wonder if they'll try to do Donna's Troia starfield costume at some point.

(edited)

They've sprung for a whole lot of Twitter hashtag emojis for this season (unfortunately, #Troia wasn't included)... View the whole thread, this is just a taste....

ETA: I'm not sure why they're not showing up, maybe they were turned on prematurely?

Edited by MarkHB
On 7/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, MarkHB said:

ETA: I'm not sure why they're not showing up, maybe they were turned on prematurely?

They're on now, but not showing up in this embedded tweet.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, whiporee said:

Didn't Donna die? 

I mean, glad she's back, one of my all-time favorites. But didn't she die in S2? Seems weird to have her on a poster. 

The Amazons collected her remains and took them off to Themyscira. Comic book possibilities abound....

• Love 2

They also had Rachel say she's going to try to bring Donna back to life. And they don't seem to want to hide that fact. Probably because they had so much hate for the way they killed her. 

And we still don't really know her origin (of which there many in the comics) they showed the fire and that Diana adopted her. But not how she got her powers. The show never explained that. We've seen how everyone else got their powers or learned to fight, even Beast Boy and he doesn't get to do anything with them. 

And I'm also interested in how they are going to explain Diana's absence (since they can't use WW). If she's not around when her adopted daughter is dead that is not a good look for her. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

And I'm also interested in how they are going to explain Diana's absence (since they can't use WW). If she's not around when her adopted daughter is dead that is not a good look for her. 

I have a hunch she's checking in on her on Themyscira, safely (and economically) off-screen.

I heard a podcast discuss the first few episodes (which they got screeners for) and they said there's a very noticeable budget upgrade this season.

• Love 1
On 9/24/2021 at 3:13 PM, MarkHB said:

Exit Interview with Alan Ritchson...

https://ew.com/tv/titans-alan-ritchson-exit-hank-death/

One key takeaway: losing Hawk was, at least in part, due to HBO Max wanting to reduce the sprawling number of characters they were telling stories about.

I found this to be a really strange interview, and I think he is slightly in denial about some things.

1.  He's 38 years old.  When Titans started airing, he was 35.  Teagan Croft was like 15 and the other young actors he mentions were clearly in their teens or early 20s.  I guess it was a shock to him when he realised that he was closer to middle-aged and wasn't considered a "young actor" anymore.

2.  "I think the show has improved significantly in the third season because the storylines have been focused, the cast has been tightened and slimmed down, and we're now getting the best of what Titans can do."  The third season cast has been slimmed down?  They got rid of Hank and Dawn!  And Rose.  Still wondering what happened to Rose.  But they added Blackfire as a regular, and they added Barbara and Crane.  Cast is still bloated and the storylines aren't really focused at all, except to the point that they are focused on Batfamily.

3.  When they let him go he was very surprised because "Hawk is well-liked by the fans" and "everybody loves Hawk and Dove".  Judging from this site, they were not well-liked at all.

I did like his exit episode, it's the only time I have ever liked this actor and character on the show.  I wish him well.

• Love 1
On 8/14/2021 at 1:18 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

This link has a little more information about what happened.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/vincent-kartheiser-titans-investigations-misconduct-claims-1234814010/

Something is definitely up when you have a "studio assigning a representative to monitor Kartheiser while he was on set."

In fairness if they handled the first complaints remotely, because of Covid, it makes sense that a second complaint (or spate of complaints) would warrant monitoring in person and it is possible, depending on the time, that covid protocols had loosened up. It is what a manager would do whether they believed the allegations or not--just good practice, especially when you are far away from the work sites.

Mind you, I'm assuming he has been at minimum a jerk to more than one person, and wouldn't have been complained about if it was just a minor slip when he was having a bad day. I just don't think the response indicates anything more than the company receiving a second credible complaint, or group of complaints.

I am happy about season four.  

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wish they'd announce a new show runner. This show has potential and it's being wasted on a showrunner that only cares about Nightwing. 

Well, Brenden Thwaite is beautiful to look at.  But I agree that we need a new show runner who will give everyone else equal time.  

The finale teaser was nice and I am glad they released it.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I am happy about season four.  

Well, Brenden Thwaite is beautiful to look at.  But I agree that we need a new show runner who will give everyone else equal time.  

The finale teaser was nice and I am glad they released it.

All of the actors on this show, save for Vincent Kartheiser, are good looking, so that's no excuse.  The incredible focus this season on Nightwing and his Batfamily issues has been beyond irritating.

I want to see more of Blackfire and Connor, but I really don't want to see them become the villains next season.  I want there to be a central villain and I want the team to work together to take him or her down.  Not split off in their separate ways so the entire season can focus on Dick Grayson.

• Love 2
On 10/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, blackwing said:

All of the actors on this show, save for Vincent Kartheiser, are good looking, so that's no excuse.  The incredible focus this season on Nightwing and his Batfamily issues has been beyond irritating.

I want to see more of Blackfire and Connor, but I really don't want to see them become the villains next season.  I want there to be a central villain and I want the team to work together to take him or her down.  Not split off in their separate ways so the entire season can focus on Dick Grayson.

You want an established team with fairly stable hero-characters with fairly static relationships, united against a threat from the outside.

What you have is people, not all of them heroes (yet), in stages of becoming, trying to unite against common threats but getting distracted by their own issues.

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 2

As low-quality as this show generally is, I've been dreading this. If they screw up The Judas Contract, I will riot.

Only read if you're familiar with the plot of The Judas Contract:

Spoiler

If they mess up Terra, I will hire the world's best assassin to infiltrate the studio, learn their secret identities, capture them, & bring them to my volcanic lair where I will drain their powers into myself.

Edited by ICantDoThatDave

Great News, Titans Season 4     November 3       HBO Max       2 episode premiere then weekly Thursday. They will show 6 episodes before taking a break to return in 2023. 

Having saved Gotham, the Titans hit the road to head back to San Francisco. But after a stop in Metropolis, they find themselves in the crosshairs of a supernatural cult with powers unlike anything they’ve faced before.

The best kind of spoiler!!!!!!

Spoiler

Titans_BeastBoy_CostumeReveal.jpg

13 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

I am not at all surprised.  Show was entertaining but had its share of issues.  My biggest complaint was a complaint similar to one I had with "Legends of Tomorrow", why aren't people ever using their powers?  Why do we have to have endless scenes of Dick (and now Tim) hitting people with their fists when Connor really could just swoop through and end the fight in 10 seconds?  I don't think Gar has even transformed into any kind of animal at all this season, has he?  

Still, I do feel like Season 4 was coming together well, especially with Connor seemingly turning bad, which would alleviate the "why isn't he using his powers to take out the bad guys" issue.  I am annoyed by the long hiatus, it completely killed the momentum for the show this season, just when it was really getting good.

• Like 1

https://ew.com/tv/titans-trailer-final-season-new-robin-fights-brother-blood/

Ugh.  Admittedly, I don't like the Tim Drake character on this show, but my first thought at seeing him in his "full Robin regalia" was to burst out laughing.

I'm wondering how much time (if any) will have elapsed in between the last episode and the April 13 episode.  Because Tim could hardly fight.  I'm sure he'll come back as an expert with skills on par with Nightwing.

• Like 1
On 3/22/2023 at 2:10 PM, blackwing said:

https://ew.com/tv/titans-trailer-final-season-new-robin-fights-brother-blood/

Ugh.  Admittedly, I don't like the Tim Drake character on this show, but my first thought at seeing him in his "full Robin regalia" was to burst out laughing.

I'm wondering how much time (if any) will have elapsed in between the last episode and the April 13 episode.  Because Tim could hardly fight.  I'm sure he'll come back as an expert with skills on par with Nightwing.

I just feel like there's a lot going on in that costume.  Also not a fan of the short sleeves.

I'm actually surprised that this show is coming back at all.  After such a long break and the cancellation announcement, I just kind of figured that they weren't even going to bother airing the last few episodes.

• Like 1
On 4/13/2023 at 11:22 AM, Snapdragon said:

I just kind of figured that they weren't even going to bother airing the last few episodes.

It might have been more merciful to leave them in limbo.   I will seriously miss Brenton Thwaites as Nightwing.   I always hated Robin, and Brenton plays the character as if he understands that and wants to fix it.

Tim Drake is boring.  I wish instead of the Tim Drake plot line they had found a way to bring back Donna Troy.  But I expect too much.  After all, this is the series that foisted Hawk and Dove upon us.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Me too.  And Ana Diop.  They are a great pair.

Both of them could star in their own solo shows and I would definitely watch.  

I have to laugh (mirthlessly) at the attempt to promote this finale as an "event."

They canceled the show.  How impressive can it be?

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
On 4/15/2023 at 5:50 PM, millennium said:

It might have been more merciful to leave them in limbo.   I will seriously miss Brenton Thwaites as Nightwing.   I always hated Robin, and Brenton plays the character as if he understands that and wants to fix it.

Tim Drake is boring.  I wish instead of the Tim Drake plot line they had found a way to bring back Donna Troy.  But I expect too much.  After all, this is the series that foisted Hawk and Dove upon us.

Fully agree with all of this.  Brenton Thwaites and Anna Diop are the only good things left about this show.  I hope they both land good gigs soon.

• Like 1