Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Sometimes?

Lol, I think Robyn's biggest problem is that she is a little too dense to play the howives game.

She honestly could have been the most popular person in this franchise if she had played her cards better.

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Well this is just embarrassing...

Is it wrong that I think this is the best Gizelle has looked in a long time?  She has gotten into good shape. That still does not make this any less cringe. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 5/30/2024 at 11:50 PM, qtpye said:

Is it wrong that I think this is the best Gizelle has looked in a long time?  She has gotten into good shape. That still does not make this any less cringe. 

She looks good.

• Like 1

The upcoming season will be interesting to see how Gizelle and Ashley move within the group. They won't have Candiace as a foil, they won't have Robyn as muscle. They will have to earn their checks a different way and it will be interesting to see. I think Robyn will end up back on the show (as a friend).  IMO Candiace won't be back, especially if Season 9 ratings increase and the atmosphere seems happier and lighter without her. She's not the cause of the toxicity on the show but sides had to be chosen and the network/production chose Gizelle. Now Gizelle needs to bring it and it will be interesting to see if she can do it without Robyn or having the power to haze the new girls.

• Like 4
On 6/4/2024 at 11:23 AM, drivethroo said:

The upcoming season will be interesting to see how Gizelle and Ashley move within the group. They won't have Candiace as a foil, they won't have Robyn as muscle. They will have to earn their checks a different way and it will be interesting to see. I think Robyn will end up back on the show (as a friend).  IMO Candiace won't be back, especially if Season 9 ratings increase and the atmosphere seems happier and lighter without her. She's not the cause of the toxicity on the show but sides had to be chosen and the network/production chose Gizelle. Now Gizelle needs to bring it and it will be interesting to see if she can do it without Robyn or having the power to haze the new girls.

Probably a lot of scenes with Gizzy and her hairdresser, he seems to be her only friend and we know Jamal is never going to be there for her.

I do like her daughters.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Probably a lot of scenes with Gizzy and her hairdresser, he seems to be her only friend and we know Jamal is never going to be there for her.

Especially now that Jamal is engaged to a fellow pastor. That should go well. 🤪

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Especially now that Jamal is engaged to a fellow pastor. That should go well. 🤪

And the fellow pastor is just as tacky dressing, if not tackier than Gizelle. (She's actually very pretty)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

And the fellow pastor is just as tacky dressing, if not tackier than Gizelle. (She's actually very pretty)

Jamal has a certain template for wives.

Wives need to look pretty in the front pew and look away from everything else going on outside of church.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

Jamal has a certain template for wives.

Wives need to look pretty in the front pew and look away from everything else going on outside of church.

Including  other parishioners he impregnated.

He’s not a good example of… (fill in the blank).

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Including  other parishioners he impregnated.

He’s not a good example of… (fill in the blank).

a decent human being in any shape or form.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Casual convo with a friend of mine who is not a Bravo HW watcher, she tells me she had dinner with someone who works on the Potomac HW show, just casual like that, I freaked and told her I want to meet this person, my friend looked at me like I had two heads and asked why do I want to meet her...sometimes I think my friends do not even know me.

• LOL 11

GEB just shaded Nneka's explanation of her departure on their podcast.  They were talking about JLo putting her house on the market for $60 million and claiming JLo didn't need a 60 million dollar house, then I think they were shading JLo's explanation for canceling her tour and in the process shaded Nneka for "leaving RHOP to concentrate on her fertility journey."

There was no need to mention Nneka at all but I guess GEB wants to let everyone know Nneka was fired too, just like Robyn.

When these two's downfalls happen, it will be a joyous day.

In other news, Robyn seems to be doing construction on her spa.  I ran over to Target last week and rode past the spa and the door was wide open and it looked like construction was happening.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

In other news, Robyn seems to be doing construction on her spa.  I ran over to Target last week and rode past the spa and the door was wide open and it looked like construction was happening.

Thank you for the update, I went to the mall last week and completely forgot to do a drive by to check out Robyn's place, I seriously want to get a facial there.

Not sure how I forgot that Nneka, Robyn and Wendy are out but do we know about their replacements?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Thank you for the update, I went to the mall last week and completely forgot to do a drive by to check out Robyn's place, I seriously want to get a facial there.

Not sure how I forgot that Nneka, Robyn and Wendy are out but do we know about their replacements?

I've discussed Stacey Rusch on here in the past. Married to an Austrian, has a young (8 ish) daughter. Used to hawk stuff at QVC. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I thought Wendy was staying but Candiace was out?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've discussed Stacey Rusch on here in the past. Married to an Austrian, has a young (8 ish) daughter. Used to hawk stuff at QVC. 

Yes, it rings a bell, she is very pretty.

It won't matter what her professional successes are, at some point she'll hurl insults and drinks along with the rest of the cast.

Primetimer meet up at Robyn's place really should be planned, right?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 6/26/2024 at 4:35 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Is Wendy out??

• Like 1
(edited)

The Season 9 cast is reportedly:

• Gizelle
  • Karen
  • Mia
  • Wendy
  • Ashley
  • Stacey (new)
  • Jassi (new)
  • Keiarna (friend)
  • Jacqueline (friend)

Speaking of Keiarna, she is suing Sesame Street for 10 million for the fight and Sesame Street is countersuing her for 3 million.  Sesame Street claims Keiarna is thirsty for fame and instigated/orchestrated the fight and had it recorded and sent to TMZ so she could have reality tv fame.

Sesame Street claims she only came on RHOP in the first place at Ashley's request and Ashley asked her to be there. She claims Candiace was verbally abusive to her the entire GNA event and picked up the champagne bottle to attack her and Keiarna inserted herself into the fight.

1.  If Keiarna orchestrated the fight, how did she insert herself into the fight?

2. Sesame is lowkey telling on Ashley by saying she was only there at Ashley's request.  Why was Deborah mic'd up, when none of Ashley's other friends were? Candiace & Wendy were nowhere near the Sesame Street gang but Candiace was supposedly instigating and taunting Sesame all night?

2a. Sesame Street alleges the fight was staged by the parties involved...so that would have to include Ashley (who requested she be there) and production (who mic'd her up), right? Sesame claims the cameras were supposed to be down so how did the footage get to TMZ?

My opinion: Ashley and production set up Candiace to be assaulted by Sesame Street (at production's prompting).  Because the cameras were off, there would be no way to prove Candiace didn't start the fight.  Ashley, Gizelle & Robyn would then make the case Candiace (and Wendy) needed to be fired from RHOP because she's constantly fighting and a liability* and a danger to the cast (that's why Gizelle went to Karen to warn her to stop filming with Candiace & Wendy because they are dangerous to her and her children).

Sadly for GEBNA, Keiarna inserted herself into the situation and somebody taped the whole thing with their cell phone and sent it to TMZ.

Candiace not being on this show anymore is a good thing for everyone involved. Everyone knew Ashley set up Candiace to be assaulted at the GNA event and that's why they ripped Ashley a new one at the magazine reveal. 

Candiace should never entertain coming back to this show as long as Truly Original is producing it.

The TV Deets twitter account is who reported on this countersuit.

*IMO I think the cast felt Candiace would also lose Michael's lawsuit and (my conspiracy theory), use her losing the lawsuit as leverage to get her off the show.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 7
On 7/4/2024 at 4:21 PM, drivethroo said:

The Season 9 cast is reportedly:

• Gizelle
  • Karen
  • Mia
  • Wendy
  • Ashley
  • Stacey (new)
  • Jassi (new)
  • Keiarna (friend)
  • Jacqueline (friend)

Speaking of Keiarna, she is suing Sesame Street for 10 million for the fight and Sesame Street is countersuing her for 3 million.  Sesame Street claims Keiarna is thirsty for fame and instigated/orchestrated the fight and had it recorded and sent to TMZ so she could have reality tv fame.

Sesame Street claims she only came on RHOP in the first place at Ashley's request and Ashley asked her to be there. She claims Candiace was verbally abusive to her the entire GNA event and picked up the champagne bottle to attack her and Keiarna inserted herself into the fight.

1.  If Keiarna orchestrated the fight, how did she insert herself into the fight?

2. Sesame is lowkey telling on Ashley by saying she was only there at Ashley's request.  Why was Deborah mic'd up, when none of Ashley's other friends were? Candiace & Wendy were nowhere near the Sesame Street gang but Candiace was supposedly instigating and taunting Sesame all night?

2a. Sesame Street alleges the fight was staged by the parties involved...so that would have to include Ashley (who requested she be there) and production (who mic'd her up), right? Sesame claims the cameras were supposed to be down so how did the footage get to TMZ?

My opinion: Ashley and production set up Candiace to be assaulted by Sesame Street (at production's prompting).  Because the cameras were off, there would be no way to prove Candiace didn't start the fight.  Ashley, Gizelle & Robyn would then make the case Candiace (and Wendy) needed to be fired from RHOP because she's constantly fighting and a liability* and a danger to the cast (that's why Gizelle went to Karen to warn her to stop filming with Candiace & Wendy because they are dangerous to her and her children).

Sadly for GEBNA, Keiarna inserted herself into the situation and somebody taped the whole thing with their cell phone and sent it to TMZ.

Candiace not being on this show anymore is a good thing for everyone involved. Everyone knew Ashley set up Candiace to be assaulted at the GNA event and that's why they ripped Ashley a new one at the magazine reveal. 

Candiace should never entertain coming back to this show as long as Truly Original is producing it.

The TV Deets twitter account is who reported on this countersuit.

*IMO I think the cast felt Candiace would also lose Michael's lawsuit and (my conspiracy theory), use her losing the lawsuit as leverage to get her off the show.

Catching up on my Potomac thread  The new cast could be good but I really don’t see the need for Gizelle at this point. I would like to see Candiace come back at some point. 
I hope Sesame Street is not seen at all this coming season. 

• Mind Blown 1
9 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Catching up on my Potomac thread  The new cast could be good but I really don’t see the need for Gizelle at this point. I would like to see Candiace come back at some point. 
I hope Sesame Street is not seen at all this coming season. 

You want Candiace to come back and some point?

I didn't think you cared for Candiace. May I ask why? I'm not being snarky, but I am being curious!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

You want Candiace to come back and some point?

I didn't think you cared for Candiace. May I ask why? I'm not being snarky, but I am being curious!

Candiace got on my nerves and I felt that she played the victim too much but she was entertaining if that makes sense. It didn’t help that I was a big Monique fan and felt Candiace was partially responsible for that fight. However, after this last season, I do believe it was Gizelles mission to get rid of her and I don’t think that’s fair at all. Especially after she went for Chris the season before. I think it’s wrong that Andy has favored Gizelle and Ashley and nothing happens when they do terrible things. Gizelle trying to paint Chris as a creep and Ashely using people to start fights. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Candiace's pregnancy journey shows up on my twitter feed from time to time. I do enjoy seeing them and she's really enjoying it. They did the gender reveal.  If anyone is interested...

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It seems like she's been pregnant for years. 

I was thinking the same lol. When I saw the gender reveal I was confused because I thought she was giving birth like any day now.

• Like 3

Candiace said left the show because production (not Bravo) made her feel unsafe.

I listened to the podcast ("According to Blake"). The interviewer is a fellow Howard alum:

Says it was wild to get hated on for having generational wealth when that's what everyone else was trying to achieve for their own children

Says the dynamic between her and her mother has made her be aware of what type of mother she wants to be for her own child

Says she is fearful of not being able to properly equip her her child with the realities of being biracial and expressed concern she would be mistaken for her child's nanny if the child is very fair in complexion. Says she expected to marry a black man but ended up falling in love with a white man.

Says she has no regrets about tweeting things about Ashley being a filthy milkmaid or having a wide body.  Says they come for each other and all of them bodyshame but it was only a problem when she did it.

Says she was ready to leave the show halfway through Season 8. Says she wasn't going to be battling with talent & production.  Started to feel unsafe. 

Feels the first egg retrieval failed because of the stress surrounding the allegations about Chris. Didn't know what other things they had in store for her if she were to have been pregnant on this upcoming season.

Says production tried to get everyone to get along but when some individuals feel empowered to do whatever they want, it's not going to work.

Was at Wendy's 40th birthday party, which was filmed.  Says she did not want to be filmed so she came after cameras were supposed to be down but was filmed anyway (they'll just edit her out).

She still talks to Karen & Wendy & cool with Mia & Jacqueline. Is happy Keiarna is part of the cast.

Was asked about Robyn and said "Who?" Says she has proof Robyn moves funny behind the scenes & that's all she will say about that.

Is recording her next project, which is an EP. Very excited.

Says Karen is the Grande Dame of the show but Charrisse is Grande Dame as well because she's so connected. 

Says her most memorable one liner from the show is "Not today Neck" because that was the one line the crew was trying not to laugh at 

Candiace says she's having a Libra baby so her son will probably be born mid-October. I say between October 15-22.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace said left the show because production (not Bravo) made her feel unsafe.

I listened to the podcast ("According to Blake"). The interviewer is a fellow Howard alum:

Says it was wild to get hated on for having generational wealth when that's what everyone else was trying to achieve for their own children

Says the dynamic between her and her mother has made her be aware of what type of mother she wants to be for her own child

Says she is fearful of not being able to properly equip her her child with the realities of being biracial and expressed concern she would be mistaken for her child's nanny if the child is very fair in complexion. Says she expected to marry a black man but ended up falling in love with a white man.

Says she has no regrets about tweeting things about Ashley being a filthy milkmaid or having a wide body.  Says they come for each other and all of them bodyshame but it was only a problem when she did it.

Says she was ready to leave the show halfway through Season 8. Says she wasn't going to be battling with talent & production.  Started to feel unsafe. 

Feels the first egg retrieval failed because of the stress surrounding the allegations about Chris. Didn't know what other things they had in store for her if she were to have been pregnant on this upcoming season.

Says production tried to get everyone to get along but when some individuals feel empowered to do whatever they want, it's not going to work.

Was at Wendy's 40th birthday party, which was filmed.  Says she did not want to be filmed so she came after cameras were supposed to be down but was filmed anyway (they'll just edit her out).

She still talks to Karen & Wendy & cool with Mia & Jacqueline. Is happy Keiarna is part of the cast.

Was asked about Robyn and said "Who?" Says she has proof Robyn moves funny behind the scenes & that's all she will say about that.

Says Karen is the Grande Dame of the show but Charrisse is Grande Dame as well because she's so connected. 

Says her most memorable one liner from the show is "Not today Neck" because that was the one line the crew was trying not to laugh at 

Candiace says she's having a Libra baby so her son will probably be born mid-October. I say between October 15-22.

Some of my favorite people on earth seem to be born in October.

My cousin is a beautiful brown-skinned woman who married a white man.  My cousin went to an elite private school and that is where she met her future husband.

She was shocked when her children did not come out looking biracial but straight-up white (blonde hair/blue eyes) and she does get mistaken for their nanny all the time.  She does not take it as racism (most of the time) but because she looks so different from her sons.  It is very annoying, though.

• Like 7
On 9/10/2024 at 4:41 PM, drivethroo said:

If Candiace felt unsafe on the show, why is she still doing podcasts? It’s time for her to move on. 

6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

If Candiace felt unsafe on the show, why is she still doing podcasts? It’s time for her to move on. 

She said production on the show made her feel unsafe.  What does that have to do with podcasts?  I'm not following the connection.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, lasu said:

She said production on the show made her feel unsafe.  What does that have to do with podcasts?  I'm not following the connection.

If she truly felt unsafe why risk the wrath of production by running that big mouth of hers?  And while pregnant! Dissing Robyn just shows how petty and bitter she still is. Robyn who my ass. . Robyn was an original cast member who should still be on if Juan hadn’t screwed her over. She was defensive about her generational wealth because her husband didn’t have a regular job.

10 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

If she truly felt unsafe why risk the wrath of production by running that big mouth of hers?  And while pregnant!

Oh...no, I don't think that's what she meant by production made her feel unsafe.  I think she meant because, while filming, they put her in situations like the one with Sesame Street, she didn't feel safe continuing to be a cast member on the show.  I don't think she's scared of the people on productions themselves, like they are going to come rough up a pregnant lady for something she said while on a podcast.  There's no wrath to worry about.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

If she truly felt unsafe why risk the wrath of production by running that big mouth of hers?

Is production for a show she isn't back to going to start stalking her or ruin her life because she made those comments? If so, that makes production look bad, not her.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Palimelon said:

Is production for a show she isn't back to going to start stalking her or ruin her life because she made those comments? If so, that makes production look bad, not her.

I don’t see anybody from the show stalking her. It’s time for her to move on. The fact that the highlight of her career was calling someone Neck is kind of sad. 

11 hours ago, lasu said:

Oh...no, I don't think that's what she meant by production made her feel unsafe.  I think she meant because, while filming, they put her in situations like the one with Sesame Street, she didn't feel safe continuing to be a cast member on the show.  I don't think she's scared of the people on productions themselves, like they are going to come rough up a pregnant lady for something she said while on a podcast.  There's no wrath to worry about.

I do understand her not wanting to film with Cookie Monster but if she’s happy in her life, it’s time t stop talking about the show and focus on a career post housewife . What’s her husband doing these days? Is he working yet or just doing dumb podcasts like Candiace? 

4 hours ago, lasu said:

Also, that's all $.  No reason in the world to "move on" from making money.  

Right, a check is a check and since her man don’t like to work she probably needs to hustle on her former gig. Maybe she’ll get lucky and be cast on one of those dumber reality shows like Traitors before it dries up.