Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus Date - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Kate Gosselin goes on dates that are not at all set up by TLC producers and we are all the worse for it.

Discuss here!

I'm pissed I watched 6 episodes of Kate looking like a sourpuss for an hour for her to say at the end that she wasn't going to say if she was hanging out with any of these guys. These guys are too good for her! I hope they all ran for the hills... 

• Love 4

@walnutqueen A server glitch ate some threads the other day, the original one of this topic included.

I can only presume, like all of Kate's dates, the server has regretted its choices and won't make the same one again.

54 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

@walnutqueen A server glitch ate some threads the other day, the original one of this topic included.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

The only time a post of mine gets more than 25 likes and the thread gets eaten!!

I blame Kate!!!

Everything she touches turns to crap!!!!

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ellenr33 said:

I'm pissed I watched 6 episodes of Kate looking like a sourpuss for an hour for her to say at the end that she wasn't going to say if she was hanging out with any of these guys. These guys are too good for her! I hope they all ran for the hills... 

I agree. I sat through all of this (by choice, I know) but no payoff at the end? She sits there and smugly tells us she is keeping that to herself or whatever? 

money grab for sure. 

will make sure not to watch again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I can't wait till the tell all book from Hannah or Collin. Hoping its Collin about her! I remember very very early in the show she seemed like a semi-pleasant to be around. I wish she'd realize how very D-List she is. Jon went and got himself a job why can't she. Her kids are 15 now they can handle themselves for a couple hours a day now!  

• Love 5

Last night was the big Second Date episode, where Kate chooses two of her dates for a second date.  She chose Jeff and Joey.  (Yeah, I didn't remember which ones those were either.)  Both dates went well and one (I think it was Jeff) took place at his house and they cooked together.  He gave her a kiss goodnight when she left and she seemed to like it.  At the end of the show, while being interviewed (apparently much later than the date was filmed), she said she's still interested in one of the guys (presumably the kisser).  

• Love 1
On 7/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, seasons said:

I agree. I sat through all of this (by choice, I know) but no payoff at the end? She sits there and smugly tells us she is keeping that to herself or whatever? 

Maybe it's a ploy for content if she gets a second season?

BTW, does Cara ever speak?????

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

Maybe it's a ploy for content if she gets a second season?

BTW, does Cara ever speak?????

That's what I am wondering.  Why did she agree to do this anyway?  She looks miserable.  And Maddy ... did I hear correctly that she "doesn't like to be touched or to touch anyone?"  This was when the producer asked her if it would bother her if one of the dates was "touchy-feely" with Kate.  I think both of those girls are kind of messed up.  Hope they are getting some therapy.

Note:  I realize not everyone is a touchy-feely person. She (Maddy) just looked disgusted at the thought of someone touching her, or her touching someone.

• Love 2

I think that growing up on television and with their mother has seriously taken a toll on Cara. I can't imagine having everything I ever say or do being under review. Kate seems like such a control freak and when she was with Jon it seemed like she had someone who could reel her in a little bit. After the divorce I remember her wearing high heels everywhere and screeching and yelling about everything on every outing they ever went on. Cara is probably too afraid to speak. I hope that in college she lets loose! Maddy has unfortunately turned into her mother. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I really think she just chose to film this for the money. I don't think she is interested in dating anyone, ,and she could barely fake being interested in anyone. personally, I think she has been in some kind of relationship with her bodyguard, Steve.  They probably had to hide him.

• Love 1