Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: All Star Skills Special

• Start Topic

From the Comcast TV listings:

Iconic obstacles get super-sized as top competitors and fan favorites from Season 10 face off in a high-octane skills competition featuring Wicked Wingnuts, Striding Steps and a record setting attempt on the four-story Super Salmon Ladder.

Airs Sunday, May 26th, 7pm Eastern/ 6pm Central.

• Love 1
(edited)

I like the Double Dipper freestyle diving . . . but I don't think anybody had that great of a form. Sean Bryan goofing on other ninjas before the second dive, following that by doing Jake Murray's pose before hitting the water? Inspired.

I think this was Kristine's last ANW event, so it was a shame to see her team get wiped out.

Sean Bryan's first dive, going upside-down . . . somebody make a GIF of Matt going bug-eyed. Please.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I think this was Kristine's last ANW event

I hadn't heard that she is leaving the show.  Do we know why and who is replacing her?  

I enjoyed the entire show tonight and I'm really looking forward to the new season.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mertensia said:

That pool was not nearly big enough for the dives/bellyflops they were doing.

I wondered about that, how deep the water is since everyone can stand up in it. I don't know how much is "required" for diving from that height. It was fun though, and even if the scoring was kinda bogus, everyone was a good sport and all had a good time. Even I did watching!

It was great to see Nick Coolridge, he's my favorite ninja of all time. I was shocked Joe beat him by skipping the rope, although thinking about other obstacles that "judges" don't seem to care if they skip parts, good on Joe for figuring out how to get to the buzzer first even though Nick had such a big lead.

I also was happy to see Isaac. I'm one of the few, or maybe the only one, who likes him. I hope he and Nick continue in the new season.

• Love 1

So e of the events were fun. I liked it better last year when the girls had their own competition. Who picked the participants for the salmon ladder...terrible. 

Thomas Stillings got more airtime in this than he did all season. 

The Geoff vs Isaac showdown was so lame and even lamer when Isaac got stuck and Geoff got hurt. 

Enjoyed the wing nut challenge and the freestyle but those welts...yikes!

The team competition was fun in stages 1 & 3 but stage 2 was a dud. And they stop calling men who weigh 180lbs heavy? That’s so annoying. 

• Love 1
On 5/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, Lantern7 said:

I like the Double Dipper freestyle diving . . . but I don't think anybody had that great of a form. Sean Bryan goofing on other ninjas before the second dive, following that by doing Jake Murray's pose before hitting the water? Inspired

I thought that was a fun addition too! Sean Bryan definitely deserved to win just for bringing the humor, as well as the craziness of his first round hanging upside down. The rest were meh, but I did like Drew telling them what he was going to do, and then the show putting up the list of what he said.

I think they need to add something to the giant salmon ladder competition because I think it’s the most boring skill competition - like maybe make it half the size and have it be a race but they have to go up and down? Either way, something different, or like the wall competition, replaced by something else completely.

I think my favorite was the foot race (not sure what that’s called). I love Joe! I was so shocked he beat Nicholas and Thomas - what exciting races! He’s so low key compared to some others (I’m looking at you “Island Ninja”) but he’s just consistently great.

I think it’s going to be interesting the next couple of seasons - some of the greats are getting a little long in the tooth - I wonder if we’re going to start seeing a changing of the guard a little more like I felt started happening last season. I think it’s interesting that The Kid was featured in a lot of their promos. That said, I am really rooting for Drew to finally beat stage three this year....

Happy my favorite summer show is back!

• Love 1

I didn't mind the Salmon Ladder because Barclay kicked butt!!  But the first two contestants needed to be different. 

I guess the Double Dipper Freestyle was for fun.  At first, I thought they would judge based on how clean the skills and entry was.  Then it was obvious that wasn't the case.  Sean was funny though so based on humor, he definitely won.

• Love 2
On 5/27/2019 at 12:03 PM, saber5055 said:

I wondered about that, how deep the water is since everyone can stand up in it. I don't know how much is "required" for diving from that height. It was fun though, and even if the scoring was kinda bogus, everyone was a good sport and all had a good time. Even I did watching!

It was great to see Nick Coolridge, he's my favorite ninja of all time. I was shocked Joe beat him by skipping the rope, although thinking about other obstacles that "judges" don't seem to care if they skip parts, good on Joe for figuring out how to get to the buzzer first even though Nick had such a big lead.

I also was happy to see Isaac. I'm one of the few, or maybe the only one, who likes him. I hope he and Nick continue in the new season.

I don't know the depth, but the pool needed to be wider. If you look a couple of landings were only 18 inches to 2 feet from the edge. Add in there was very little control and I shuddered through that.

• Love 2
On 5/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, Lantern7 said:

I like the Double Dipper freestyle diving . . . but I don't think anybody had that great of a form. Sean Bryan goofing on other ninjas before the second dive, following that by doing Jake Murray's pose before hitting the water? Inspired.

I think this was Kristine's last ANW event, so it was a shame to see her team get wiped out.

Sean Bryan's first dive, going upside-down . . . somebody make a GIF of Matt going bug-eyed. Please.

I loved what Sean Bryan did with that all star challenge. It was so much fun. I didn't realize it then, but yes it was her last ANW event.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:43 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

This was filmed a year ago, the same time as the last final.

I was trying to figure out when it was filmed, because we saw the new host on the Los Angeles Qualifiers event.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, saber5055 said:

I was happy to see Nick play a big role because he often seems to be a victim of WWWA segments, as I mentioned on the LA qualifiers post.

On 5/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, healthnut said:

So e of the events were fun. I liked it better last year when the girls had their own competition. Who picked the participants for the salmon ladder...terrible. 

Thomas Stillings got more airtime in this than he did all season. 

The Geoff vs Isaac showdown was so lame and even lamer when Isaac got stuck and Geoff got hurt. 

Enjoyed the wing nut challenge and the freestyle but those welts...yikes!

The team competition was fun in stages 1 & 3 but stage 2 was a dud. And they stop calling men who weigh 180lbs heavy? That’s so annoying. 

Yeah wasn't Thomas a victim of WWWA last season? I was disappointd in the Geoff and Issac showdown too. I loved the wing nut challenge too.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, Ilovepie said:

I thought that was a fun addition too! Sean Bryan definitely deserved to win just for bringing the humor, as well as the craziness of his first round hanging upside down. The rest were meh, but I did like Drew telling them what he was going to do, and then the show putting up the list of what he said.

I think they need to add something to the giant salmon ladder competition because I think it’s the most boring skill competition - like maybe make it half the size and have it be a race but they have to go up and down? Either way, something different, or like the wall competition, replaced by something else completely.

I think my favorite was the foot race (not sure what that’s called). I love Joe! I was so shocked he beat Nicholas and Thomas - what exciting races! He’s so low key compared to some others (I’m looking at you “Island Ninja”) but he’s just consistently great.

I think it’s going to be interesting the next couple of seasons - some of the greats are getting a little long in the tooth - I wonder if we’re going to start seeing a changing of the guard a little more like I felt started happening last season. I think it’s interesting that The Kid was featured in a lot of their promos. That said, I am really rooting for Drew to finally beat stage three this year....

Happy my favorite summer show is back!

Yeah the Salmon Ladder one wasn't as good. Yeah the highlight of the whole show was Sean Bryan's dives on that event.  I was shocked Joe beat the other two too.  I hope Drew beats Stage three this season too.

• Love 1