Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Spoilers and Speculation: "What are we gonna proceed to? What are we gonna do?"

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, balmz said:

the best i can think of for polarizing is brian or the dana lewis character

Isn't Cassidy nothing but a pile of emotional mush right now? Dana Lewis is still in prison, unless they let her out on good behavior. I wonder if they will show that Lewis was framed for the murder and it's now up to Benson to exonerate her?

I wonder if they will bring back Pablo Schreiber, but as Billy Lewis's identical twin brother?

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, wknt3 said:

t looks like our speculation about a move to NBC streaming might be on target!

Wow. We always joked about a "Dick Wolf Network", but this package for any streaming outlet is almost the next best thing. If only we could foresee lottery numbers, too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Tucker?

14 hours ago, balmz said:

the best i can think of for polarizing is brian or the dana lewis character

Ooh, I'd like it if they brought Tucker back and even if they got him and Benson back together, especially in light of that inexplicably absurd break-up.  For me, Cassidy is well past his Sell By date, too, so I'm hoping it's not him.  

12 hours ago, dttruman said:

I wonder if they will bring back Pablo Schreiber, but as Billy Lewis's identical twin brother?

Eek, don't put that into the ether!  You've done it now, @dttruman.  ;-)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, dttruman said:

What is this, Days of Our Lives? (Well, the crappy writing is almost identical. So I can almost get such a mistake!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Eek, don't put that into the ether!  You've done it now, @dttruman. 😉

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

What is this, Days of Our Lives? (Well, the crappy writing is almost identical. So I can almost get such a mistake!)

Should I be coming up with characters that they would probably choose or what we would like to choose?

• Love 1

I personally don't want or need to see Tucker or Cassidy again.  Dean Winters can stick with his Mayhem commercials.

Pablo Schreiber for the win!

Unless Show thinks Lt. Declan Murphy is/was polarizing?  Hmm...

I can't wait to see Donal Logue again!!!

• Love 2
On 9/20/2019 at 2:53 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Unless Show thinks Lt. Declan Murphy is/was polarizing?  Hmm...

I can't wait to see Donal Logue again!!!

Did he leave on good terms with Rollins? They conveniently wrote him out real quick.

Edited by dttruman

I know it is a pipe dream but I wish that Olivia Benson's role would be reduced on the show. I am really tired of OIivia's smug attitude and her know it all attitude.  I think Stabler leaving has hurt her character in the long run.  I hope season 21 goes back to interesting cases and not the trials and tribulations of Saint Olivia. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I wish that Olivia Benson's role would be reduced on the show. I am really tired of OIivia's smug attitude and her know it all attitude.  I think Stabler leaving has hurt her character in the long run.  I hope season 21 goes back to interesting cases and not the trials and tribulations of Saint Olivia. 

Hurt her character? How can that be? After all they told her that Stabler was holding her back and they wouldn't mislead us would they? As far as the rest of your comment is concerned:

The Dock
|

|

Islands

|

|

|

|

Uncharted Waters

|

|

|

Equator

|

|

|

|

|

Here Be Dragons

|

|

|

\_____/

(That Ship)

Edited by wknt3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I think that Mariska becoming a producer and gaining a lot of creative influence over the show is what has made Benson so insufferable, as well as Benson becoming the commanding officer. Now that she’s the boss, no one can reign her in and she can use her position to push a personal agenda and allows her personal biases to cloud her judgment on cases, and yet she’s always right about everything and almost every episode we have nauseating “victim empowerment” scenes designed to boost MH’s ego where the victim of the week thanks Benson for helping them. I used to like Benson in the early seasons, and now I cannot stand the character at all. 

I never cared for Stabler, but I liked how he would disagree with Benson and wasn’t afraid to say unpopular things. Now, everyone agrees with Benson and falls in line or else.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, dttruman said:

Did he leave on good terms Rollins? They conveniently wrote him out real quick.

I think he left on good terms with Rollins, although abruptly, due to his new undercover super secret assignment.  There wasn't an argument between the two IIRC.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

I think he left on good terms with Rollins, although abruptly, due to his new undercover super secret assignment.  There wasn't an argument between the two IIRC.

I wonder if this set a precedence for Rollins, where she sleeps with guys, has their babies, but won't marry them? I wonder if she will sleep with some guy this season and have his kid, then show a dramatic parting of the ways between the two?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Has Benson ever been tag-teamed? Could Rob Miller and Sir Toby Moore combine forces to try and destroy Benson and maybe the whole SVU?

We’ll never hear from Miller again, even though his conviction would almost certainly be overturned on appeal, it was shocking that the judge didn’t dismiss the case as soon as it was revealed the Stone and Nikki had staged the evidence, it shows how the show has abandoned all sense of realism. I didn’t care for the Miller character as I don’t like supervillians. 

• Love 2
On 9/21/2019 at 1:11 PM, dttruman said:

I wonder if this set a precedence for Rollins, where she sleeps with guys, has their babies, but won't marry them? I wonder if she will sleep with some guy this season and have his kid, then show a dramatic parting of the ways between the two?

I don't know if they will put her in a relationship or not, but I doubt she will have another kid. Hopefully the series will be off the air before KG is ready for another baby!

• Love 4

Today's Ask Ausiello: Question: Will I be happy with SVU‘s new ADA? —Jody
Ausiello: My colleague Kim Roots was good with it, and that’s good enough for me and should be good enough for you, too. The good news: You won’t have to wait long to find out who gets the gig — seriously, you’ll know within the first couple of minutes of the series’ return on Thursday.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

Today's Ask Ausiello: Question: Will I be happy with SVU‘s new ADA? —Jody
Ausiello: My colleague Kim Roots was good with it, and that’s good enough for me and should be good enough for you, too. The good news: You won’t have to wait long to find out who gets the gig — seriously, you’ll know within the first couple of minutes of the series’ return on Thursday.

I’m still predicting Carisi will be the new ADA, as much as I don’t like the thought of it. It just all makes sense, the big move one character is supposed to make in the premiere, why we haven’t seen Carisi in many behind the scenes pics, the description for episode 1 about Carisi being between a rock and a hard place, it all makes sense. So I’m afraid that’s where we’re at, and at the very beginning of the episode it will be revealed that Carisi is taking over Stone’s role.

• Love 2
On 9/20/2019 at 1:51 AM, Fellaway said:

Ooh, I'd like it if they brought Tucker back and even if they got him and Benson back together, especially in light of that inexplicably absurd break-up.  

I never liked those two together. To me, Tucker was much better as the IA guy everyone feared/loathed (and Robert John Burke plays intimidating as well as anyone). Given their history, I could never buy Benson and Tucker as lovers. I could buy their hostility over the years gradually turning into respect and friendship, but not romantic love. Maybe that's just the cynic in me. 😝

• Love 5

A couple of interviews discussing the upcoming season:

Forbes

EW

From the latter:

Which brings us to the question of the ADA, a position currently vacant following the departure of Peter Stone (Philip Winchester) at the end of last season.  Don't expect a new full-time face to show up right away - per Leight, there won't be a "full-time Barba or Stone" sort of character immediately joining the team, which means we won't spend a lot of time in the courtroom at the start of this season,

Sheesh.  I still think Carisi's it, but I'm more than willing to be proved wrong.

• Love 1

I still think this is misdirection and I think Carisi is going to be the new ADA. Everything else I’ve heard just all fits with the theory that Carisi is going to be the new ADA. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I still think this is misdirection and I think Carisi is going to be the new ADA. Everything else I’ve heard just all fits with the theory that Carisi is going to be the new ADA. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am.

There was something said that there wasn't going to be any courtroom scenes for awhile so I am assuming we won't see an ADA anytime soon. I'm wondering if they are going to use these episodes for just investigations that Benson, Fin and Rollins will primarily appear in. Will we then be told Carisi will be sitting 2nd chair for upcoming prosecution cases which will conveniently explain why he won't be around much for a while?.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 2

I don't know if this means anything, but IMO the top shows usually get that extra minute or two when they start off the new season or show for a special episode. But for SVU, they list their first episode as only lasting 59 minutes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

You nailed it! I  hope it means we see a lot more of Fin!

• Love 1

So now that we know what’s up with the ADA position, does anyone else think that Hadid isn’t to be trusted and that this will be a storyline running through the season, and that it may end with Hadid being fired/forced to resign and Carisi becoming lead ADA once he gets some experience under his belt? I didn’t like how they didn’t address Hadid meeting with Sir Toby and saying nothing about it, it makes me think she’s an epic phony and I don’t think I’m going to like her. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

So now that we know what’s up with the ADA position, does anyone else think that Hadid isn’t to be trusted and that this will be a storyline running through the season, and that it may end with Hadid being fired/forced to resign and Carisi becoming lead ADA once he gets some experience under his belt? I didn’t like how they didn’t address Hadid meeting with Sir Toby and saying nothing about it, it makes me think she’s an epic phony and I don’t think I’m going to like her. 

Yes, I agree.  I was surprised they just let that meeting between Hadid and Moore slide.  Judging by the direction of this episode, my feeling is she's not to be trusted.  At the very least, she seems a political animal before anything else.  

If nothing else, it's a better way to get Carisi into the ADA's position than to put him in that seat immediately, without any experience.

• Love 2
On 10/14/2019 at 8:49 PM, WendyCR72 said:

These titles - all for Leight's little in-joke - just get more ridiculous.

If you think that title is ridiculous, episode 8 is apparently titled We Dream of Machine Elves. If that’s accurate, that has to be the weirdest episode title in L&O franchise history. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

If you think that title is ridiculous, episode 8 is apparently titled We Dream of Machine Elves. If that’s accurate, that has to be the weirdest episode title in L&O franchise history. 

I just...what? I think whomever does the titles needs to stop sniffing glue. Or tell Leight his little in-joke is making it too difficult for sensible titles.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

One thing that I thought about after episode 4- does anyone else wonder if Sir Toby Moore from episode 1 is going to return and we will see his trial? Given the dialogue between Benson and Kat about them feeling better when Sir Toby is convicted, it makes me think we haven’t seen the last of that case, otherwise I don’t see why they would’ve said that. I wonder if they do show Sir Toby’s trial if Hadid’s meeting with his lawyers will come back and play a role and perhaps lead to Hadid being removed from the case and Carisi being forced to take over as lead prosecutor. I’m just speculating here but it could be an interesting episode. I would love to see a trial, and I’m curious when they will show us one. 

• Love 3

Apparently episodes 9 and 10 will be a 2 part storyline, titled Can’t Be Held Accountable and Must Be Held Accountable. Should be interesting to see how well done that is, the first episode will air on November 21 and then since the next week is Thanksgiving, episode 10 will probably air the following Thursday. 

• Love 1