Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Spoilers and Speculation: "What are we gonna proceed to? What are we gonna do?"

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t even think they will have a main ADA, I think they will go back to doing the revolving door of ADA’s that they did for a few years before Barba came along. 

I wonder if they will have different people coming in, but keep saying the same lines each episode.

"How do you know he did it, I need more than just a feeling"

"Your witness is very unstable and unreliable"

"We don't have enough evidence to indict"

This one will be new this season

"Benson, stop annoying the victims and keep your hand off their bellies if their pregnant".

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dttruman said:

I wonder if Hargitay and Leight would like to do an episode concerning this movie about Brian Banks, where Benson was the investigating and arresting officer, pushed for Barba or Cabot to prosecute, and testified against the man? I don't think they will ever do it myelf

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-banks-biopic-puts-spotlight-on-false-rape-allegations-and-the-lives-it-destroys

Or how about this. The woman who will set this Brian Banks type character for rape and than collect over $1 million for damages, should be Rollins' sister?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I wonder if Hargitay and Leight would like to do an episode concerning this movie about Brian Banks, where Benson was the investigating and arresting officer, pushed for Barba or Cabot to prosecute, and testified against the man? I don't think they will ever do it myelf

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-banks-biopic-puts-spotlight-on-false-rape-allegations-and-the-lives-it-destroys

They will never do an episode about a false rape allegation ever again IMO, even though it could make for a good episode and it’s a very real problem, it doesn’t fit with the agenda that MH and the writers want to push, which is that women always tell the truth, that men are always guilty etc. That’s why the stories we see now are almost always the same: Rich white guy rapist, attractive upper class white female victim, Benson helps the victim through her ordeal, the bad guy always goes to prison and so on, because the writers are more focused on pleasing MH and pandering to a specific viewer type than on coming up with interesting stories.

Season 21 is going to suck IMO, so far from what I’ve seen/heard, episode 1 will be yet another rich white guy rapist case, episode 2 will be another Benson helps a victim through her ordeal, and episode 3 will have Noah. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

They will never do an episode about a false rape allegation ever again IMO, even though it could make for a good episode and it’s a very real problem, it doesn’t fit with the agenda that MH and the writers want to push, which is that women always tell the truth, that men are always guilty etc. That’s why the stories we see now are almost always the same: Rich white guy rapist, attractive upper class white female victim, Benson helps the victim through her ordeal, the bad guy always goes to prison and so on, because the writers are more focused on pleasing MH and pandering to a specific viewer type than on coming up with interesting stories.

Season 21 is going to suck IMO, so far from what I’ve seen/heard, episode 1 will be yet another rich white guy rapist case, episode 2 will be another Benson helps a victim through her ordeal, and episode 3 will have Noah. 

If there is a so-called "Brian Banks" episode, I will almost guarantee it, that Benson won't be the involved in the false allegation, but will be at the forefront to exonerate the falsely accused.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, dttruman said:

If there is a so-called "Brian Banks" episode, I will almost guarantee it, that Benson won't be the involved in the false allegation, but will be at the forefront to exonerate the falsely accused.

Oh that’s for sure, they will NEVER do an episode where Benson is wrong about anything ever again. If they do do a story about an innocent guy in jail, it will be St Olivia fighting against the corrupt system to get him released.

But I’ll go a step further and say we’ll never see a false rape allegation again on SVU, because that goes against the agenda MH wants to push. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

But I’ll go a step further and say we’ll never see a false rape allegation again on SVU, because that goes against the agenda MH wants to push. 

Do you think we're due for another man being raped or sexually assaulted by a woman or women again, but with some kind of twist that they usually throw in?

Edited by dttruman
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dttruman said:

Do you think were due for another man being raped or sexually assaulted by a woman or women again, but with some kind of twist that they usually throw in?

If they do do a story like that, the man will turn out to be the bad guy and the woman the victim. They will never do any other kind of story but women are innocent victims is need of saving from St Olivia and men are guilty. The show is beyond predictable now in most episodes, rarely is there any suspense. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

If they do do a story like that, the man will turn out to be the bad guy and the woman the victim. They will never do any other kind of story but women are innocent victims is need of saving from St Olivia and men are guilty. The show is beyond predictable now in most episodes, rarely is there any suspense. of a ton of money

What if they took a page or two from the episode "Ridicule", and three women supposedly sexually abuse a male stripper. An investigation takes place and there is evidence enough for an arrest but the stripper suddenly declines to press charges. Later on we find out that he is paid off by one of the women (who is extremely rich). At the end we find out that one of the other women and the stripper set the whole thing up just to bilk the rich woman out of a ton of money. 

Something Hargitay will like about this episode:

Benson gets to do her shtick with the male stripper at first and tell him he shouldn't feel ashamed or powerless for being a victim, or the "It's not your fault" speech.  But at the end she gets to put all the blame on the man for what has transpired and she gets to console the true victim, the rich woman, who will take the so called payment and donate it to Joyful Heart Foundation.

• Love 3
On 8/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I jumped ahead also and saw these titles for the upcoming episodes.

(From Fandom)

1. I'm Going to Make You a Star

2. The Darkest Journey Home

3. Low Down in Hell's Kitchen (Noah character is mentioned) So this one will probably be all     Benson

4. The Burden of Our Choices

• Love 1

Just getting done watching an episode of SVU on the USA network from 10pm -11pm. They had a marathon of episodes and the cast were answering 21 questions. What struck me funny was that when they were thanking the fans, Hargitay thanked the fans for watching, for their loyalty and (here is the one that got me) she thank them for their "tolerance". Is this her way of saying, "Yay, I know some of them (episodes) sucked"?

Did anyone else notice that also?

Edited by dttruman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm just waiting for it to be over! I started collecting the DVD'S and now I wish for the end before I need a storage shed. 

My wish list...More Finn. Less Olivia. Bring back some of the older crew and let's get back the M.E. I miss Tamara Tunie. Barba would be my first ADA pick. 

• Love 4

Oooh. Lets make Munch a suspect. Olivia frames him.Barba and Warner prove Olivia has been falsifying evidence for years. Anita Van Buren arrests her and it turns out Noah is a figment of Olivia's imagination.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

My wish list...More Finn. Less Olivia. Bring back some of the older crew and let's get back the M.E. I miss Tamara Tunie. Barba would be my first ADA pick. 

A lot of us don't have too much faith for season 21's episodes, so I am wondering if it will be the last? If so, will they bring back a lot of the old characters for a type of reunion and to say good by or something?

• Love 2

I really do think they need to put this to bed now. I don't need to see Noah graduate the academy. I'd bring back as many of the cast as I could. I will never tire of Munch and yes, I would like to see Elliot. I miss Cragen. Let's kill that creep Ducky again. Last I saw he was all sorts of bad on Shameless. 

And think of the All Star Guest Perps and Vics??!!!  

Edited by FairyDusted
Half sentence 🙄
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I really do think they need to put this to bed now. I don't need to see Noah graduate the academy. I'd bring back as many of the cast as I could. I will never tire of Munch and yes, I would like to see Elliot. I miss Cragen. Let's kill that creep Ducky again. Last I saw he was all sorts of bad on Shameless. 

The way this show is going, we'll see Olivia in an old folks community, solving crimes a la Jessica Fletcher.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

except Louis - whether he's dead or not, I don't want to see him.  He's in a commercial now and I can't even watch that.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

except Louis - whether he's dead or not, I don't want to see him.  He's in a commercial now and I can't even watch that.  

Fuck him! I can’t even watch that one! I could not even directly look directly at the tv!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I really do think they need to put this to bed now. I don't need to see Noah graduate the academy.

Agreed. This show is way past its sell-by date. And I'm already fatigued with all the angst around Noah. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Who's this?

I think they are talking about William Lewis, you know, the guy who abducted Benson in season 15. The actor also played a firefighter in the Mothership episode Rumble, he’s been in a few other episodes of the franchise as various characters as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think they are talking about William Lewis, you know, the guy who abducted Benson in season 15. The actor also played a firefighter in the Mothership episode Rumble, he’s been in a few other episodes of the franchise as various characters as well.

Oh right - Pablo Schreiber. I remember him being in Rumble, but I'm most familiar with his role on American Gods. 

• Love 1
On 5/31/2019 at 12:09 AM, dttruman said:

I can not speculate on who or what should be happening, but personally I would like to see a little more of Fin and Carisi, with a little less of Benson.

The story lines have not been too bad the last couple of years. In fact, they all seem to start off really well, but then they seem to change or manipulate the main plot to fit a certain person or a certain agenda. If they can put a little more into their research, a little more depth into the characters, and a little more money into the production and writing, then hopefully they can make season 21 memorable.

If they don't, I can't even see the "Olivia Benson Fan Club" saving SVU from getting axed.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's exactly it!!!  The episodes always start out promising, so I start paying attention and build up my expectations, then pfffffffff!!!!!!!!!  I'm so freaking sick of being let down and disappointed!!!  Maintain the storyline, ffs!!!

Definitely less Benson (ALWAYS less Benson), but unfortunately I get the feeling that, that is not going to happen, especially since this may be the last season, so they're probably going to cram as much of Benson as possible.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2019 at 8:22 PM, dttruman said:

I always like the conversations Fin and Munch had during the investigations. Some were about relevant issues (which made it interesting) and then would end as Munch would include a conspiracy theory and Fin would give him a dirty look, call him crazy, or told him he had too much time on his hands.

Munch and Fin were my favourite 'couple' 😉  Their banter always made me laugh.  They really did talk like a married couple! 

On 7/18/2019 at 8:17 AM, ChristiKRN said:

I was very disappointed not to see Peter Scanavino in any of the pictures except at  a cast read.  Wondering if Carisi may be shifting his focus to the “Law” side of things and that is why he is not w/the rest of the squad?? Maybe Leight is trying to surprise us with the news that Carisi is the new ADA.  I cannot handle ongoing misuse of Carisi. 

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far 😁

Well, that's what I thought they were going to do with Carisi last season.  I'm just meh about the whole Carisi/Law school/ADA thing now.  Law school just faded into the background.

I wonder how much the cast gets paid.  Only because Mariska gets paid $1000000000000000 million per episode and that's why the budget is shit and they don't have more regulars.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I just know I'm going to continue my drinking game. "He's a senior at Hudson University." *Drink!*

Hahaha, although that will not get you nearly as drunk as "Benson starts whispering to the victim!" and "Benson is in this scene!"

• Love 7
On 8/13/2019 at 5:55 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah, that threw me for a while. Then I saw the different spelling and I put 2 and 2 together.

• Love 2

I don't know if anyone is familiar with "Parks and Recreation", but in their supposed last episode they looked into the future for each of the characters. I wonder if they may try that here if this is the final season?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I don't know if anyone is familiar with "Parks and Recreation", but in their supposed last episode they looked into the future for each of the characters. I wonder if they may try that here if this is the final season?

I don’t see them jumping into the future, that would be very unlike the L&O franchise and it would feel very odd, I don’t see that happening.

6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t see them jumping into the future, that would be very unlike the L&O franchise and it would feel very odd, I don’t see that happening.

That's the only way I could see Benson making Police Commissioner, Mayor, Senator, and President. I think that is what Hargitay  wants Benson to finish as.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dttruman said:

I wonder if a "Ripped From the Headlines" episode will be about where a crowd of people dump water on a couple of cops making an arrest?

Who would be the special victims in this case?  I'm unfamiliar with what headline you're referring to.  :(

Edited by CrystalBlue
Wrong emoticon
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Who would be the special victims in this case?  I'm unfamiliar with what headline you're referring to.  😞

The headline he’s referring to is when some NYPD officers got soaked with buckets of water a few weeks ago. I could see them weaving that into an episode, the way they weave real life headlines with no special victims aspect into episodes about a special victims case, so I wouldn’t be shocked if that is in an episode. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Who would be the special victims in this case?  I'm unfamiliar with what headline you're referring to.  😞

There are videos of this incident on Youtube if you didn't know about it. A lot of people call it shameful, being so disrespectful to the NYPD. A lot of comments were made telling the police, if they get any calls from that area, tell the caller the police no longer patrol or go to that area.

19 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

The headline he’s referring to is when some NYPD officers got soaked with buckets of water a few weeks ago. I could see them weaving that into an episode, the way they weave real life headlines with no special victims aspect into episodes about a special victims case, so I wouldn’t be shocked if that is in an episode. 

Since this "Ripped From the Headlines" incident actually happened in NYC, I don't see how they can not do it. It will probably happen at the very beginning of the episode and the police will find a body and SVU takes over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 8/20/2019 at 2:36 PM, CrystalBlue said:

On 8/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Maybe as an element of the story. Can't really see anyone from the squad involved - nobody would dare throw water at St. Benson of Manhattan (plus reacting to it might require her to move the top half of her face), Ice-T would just be like "nope", and there is no way they can afford the hair and makeup on Giddish (it takes hours to make her look that messy). Perhaps Carisi? I'm sure @Fellaway wouldn't mind if it meant a Carisi focused episode and I know there are several forum members who would be happy to see him in one of those slim cut shirts soaked through and then back at the precinct in just an undershirt. Most likely it would be just be some random uniformed officers in the teaser though before they find the special victim. It would be the perfect way to bring back Montero and give Mariska's cousin another paycheck...

Edited by wknt3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I'm sure @Fellaway wouldn't mind if it meant a Carisi focused episode and I know there are several forum members who would be happy to see him in one of those slim cut shirts soaked through and then back at the precinct in just an undershirt.

I am, indeed, 100% behind pretty much anything that means a Carisi focused episode, and you can count me among those several forum members, too.    Hey, I'm just a simple girl with simple needs.  ☺️

With Leight back, I think the chances are good we'll get more quality Carisi time.  I'm wondering if he'll feel obliged to take on as his own canon everything and everyone that happened since he left after 17.  You know, like Sheila, Benson inexplicably breaking up with Tucker, Barba killing a baby, Dr. Al and kid number two.  I guess we're stuck with at least some of it, but I could very happily get on board if he chose to ignore any or all of it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

With Leight back, I think the chances are good we'll get more quality Carisi time.  I'm wondering if he'll feel obliged to take on as his own canon everything and everyone that happened since he left after 17.  You know, like Sheila, Benson inexplicably breaking up with Tucker, Barba killing a baby, Dr. Al and kid number two.  I guess we're stuck with at least some of it, but I could very happily get on board if he chose to ignore any or all of it.

My educated guess is he will keep everything that happened as canon, but reset or ignore a couple things - i.e. we get a couple mentions of Dr. Al but never see him again. Some of those plots you don't like no doubt were not the choice of the showrunner, but were dictates from above so they are pretty much set in stone. The most I could see him undoing something is with Barba (assuming Raul isn't persona non grata with Dick Wolf which is often the case with actors whose characters are trashed on the way out) since he was one of his pet projects. Perhaps they hit their favorite reset button and announce he has been diagnosed as bipolar and put on meds and we can just forget about the last few years he was there? I don't see him coming back full time, but maybe an episode or two.

• Love 4

Fellaway, count me in as someone else who would like to see some Carisi-based episodes.  And not episodes where he is doing something stupid like telling his niece to lie under oath or groveling after Rollins.  I would love to see episodes featuring carisi and Fin as the lead detectives from being first on the scene to interviewing the victim and witnesses then suspects to solving the case and finally testifying;  benson and Rollins would be in the background only.  It seems that recently they are there for the initial part of the investigation but then disappear as benson and Rollins take over from there.  I know it is all part of the female empowerment agenda that only they can expertly talk to victims and suspects and wrap the case up.  I do expect that we will continue to see carisi groveling after Rollins as Leight is known for liking personal drama and having Rollins sleep with her co-workers.  

I also hope to see Raul back as Barba, but also hoping that Leight can clean up the mess that was Barba .  It is criminal what happened to that character.  

Sounds like Noah is in episodes 3 & 4 with Rollins’ kids in episode 4 also as an extra “treat”.  Leight mentioned on twitter in response to a fan requesting an updated photo of Benson, Rollins and kids that it was coming in episode 4.  🙄

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Fellaway, count me in as someone else who would like to see some Carisi-based episodes.  And not episodes where he is doing something stupid like telling his niece to lie under oath or groveling after Rollins.  I would love to see episodes featuring carisi and Fin as the lead detectives from being first on the scene to interviewing the victim and witnesses then suspects to solving the case and finally testifying;  benson and Rollins would be in the background only.  It seems that recently they are there for the initial part of the investigation but then disappear as benson and Rollins take over from there.  I know it is all part of the female empowerment agenda that only they can expertly talk to victims and suspects and wrap the case up.  I do expect that we will continue to see carisi groveling after Rollins as Leight is known for liking personal drama and having Rollins sleep with her co-workers.  

I also hope to see Raul back as Barba, but also hoping that Leight can clean up the mess that was Barba .  It is criminal what happened to that character.  

Sounds like Noah is in episodes 3 & 4 with Rollins’ kids in episode 4 also as an extra “treat”.  Leight mentioned on twitter in response to a fan requesting an updated photo of Benson, Rollins and kids that it was coming in episode 4.  🙄

I really have a feeling season 21 is going to be a load of crap. I have a feeling it will be all Benson with a heavy side dose of Rollins, no Fin or Carisi, no courtroom scenes and a boatload of personal drama. From the info I’ve seen so far, episode 1 will be another stale he said she said rich white guy rape case, episode 2 will be St Olivia helps a victim and episodes 3 and 4 will have a lot of personal trash. 

I would love to see an episode where Fin and Carisi take the lead from start to finish, but that won’t happen IMO, Benson will never take a backseat and they desperately want to push a female empowerment agenda where only the women can connect with the victims and close the cases.

As for Barba, he was great before he became Benson’s lapdog, but there’s no way they can undo what has happened to him. It would be interesting to see what he’s up to though. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I don't see him coming back full time, but maybe an episode or two.

Mariska said it would happen and she wouldn't lie to us, would she?  ☺️  I think RE is happy doing what he's doing, but, with Leight back, it seems more likely he might revisit SVU.  I'd like to see Barba again, but there's no reasoning out what he did in Undiscovered Country for me.  That was jump the shark territory.  

15 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Fellaway, count me in as someone else who would like to see some Carisi-based episodes.  And not episodes where he is doing something stupid like telling his niece to lie under oath or groveling after Rollins.

Yes, I'm hoping for a return of the smart, competent, empathetic Carisi, who was allowed to do things before Leight left.  Leight created him and, not surprisingly, Carisi's heyday was during the Leight years, so, yeah, call me crazy, but I'm hopeful.  It will be interesting to see what Leight does, not just with Carisi but with the whole framework the show has fallen into during his absence.  I can't imagine he'd leave it the way it's been, if given the choice.  I guess we'll see how much power as showrunner they'll allow him.

15 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Yecch.  Me, I say they should put a moratorium on Benson's and Rollins' personal lives till Carisi and Fin are allowed to catch up.

• Love 6
On 8/22/2019 at 1:08 AM, ChristiKRN said:

Fellaway, count me in as someone else who would like to see some Carisi-based episodes.  And not episodes where he is doing something stupid like telling his niece to lie under oath or groveling after Rollins.

Argh, I HATED that episode!  Well, hated that it was a Carisi-related episode.  Whilst his niece did end up being a victim, she did an effing SHITTY thing by falsely accusing a male student of raping her.  Initially, he too, was a victim because after a man is accused of rape, his name could never be clean again, even if he was totally innocent. 

Remember when Munch was involved from start to finish in the episode Legacy (S2E4)?  That's the kind of format I want for Carisi.  Legacy showed us a different side of Munch, who is normally very cynical and sarcastic, but because he cares for children, it showed a soft side of him.  Well, they don't need to show Carisi's soft side because we know he has one, but just an episode where they stay with the character and not end up involving Benson in an unnecessary way.  Oh, and of course, Benson was the one that Munch told about his earlier years, but this was in season 2, so she wasn't so prominent (yay). 

They've been so inconsistent with Carisi and his family and background.  When he said that he came from a large family, I imagined him to have at least 8 siblings and they all had 3 or 4 kids, but it's just three sisters with 2-3 niece/nephews.  I know it's not a big deal, but it's just one more thing they're doing to annoy me.

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Love 3

Lord, help us: From "Ask Matt" on TVLine: Hello! Any news about SVU will be welcome. —Sú
Just as we went to press, I learned that Amy Hargreaves (Homeland, 13 Reasons Why) will guest-star on the history-making NBC drama this fall as Dr. Alexis Hanover, a psychologist tasked with teaching a new police interview technique to the squad. And to do so, she will ask each detective to play the role of witness and recall a past trauma in their lives….

• Love 3
On 8/21/2019 at 8:24 AM, wknt3 said:

Perhaps they hit their favorite reset button and announce he has been diagnosed as bipolar and put on meds and we can just forget about the last few years he was there? I don't see him coming back full time, but maybe an episode or two.

Ahhhh, the old Bobby Ewing reset episode

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Lord, help us: From "Ask Matt" on TVLine: Hello! Any news about SVU will be welcome. —Sú
Just as we went to press, I learned that Amy Hargreaves (Homeland, 13 Reasons Why) will guest-star on the history-making NBC drama this fall as Dr. Alexis Hanover, a psychologist tasked with teaching a new police interview technique to the squad. And to do so, she will ask each detective to play the role of witness and recall a past trauma in their lives….

You know what that means, don't you?

Spoiler

A Clip Show

• Love 2