Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Spoilers and Speculation: "What are we gonna proceed to? What are we gonna do?"

• Start Topic

It seems like a good idea to have a place for our guesses, informed and otherwise, about where the show is going next year since it seems to have taken over a lot of threads.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Warren Leight wrecked CI while he revived SVU, it’s bizarre. With SVU he brought realism back to the show after the ridiculous storylines of seasons 10-12, the stories became much more compelling with him at the helm, and plus he gave us Barba and Carisi. While he does like personal storylines too much, SVU has always had too much personal soapy drama. On the other hand he destroyed CI by making it into a soap opera with weaker plots when it was a brilliant show up unity he took over and nothing needed to be changed. I hope he will bring some fresh air to SVU but I’m afraid all we will get is more Benson and Rollins personal stories.

9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

At least S10 was calmer, though. Some new blood (Chris Brancato) as EP helped send CI out on a high note. One can only hope the same fate awaits SVU, but with recycling old EPs, I'm not as hopeful there. (Before CI, I don't think Brancato was part of Dick Wolf's usual stable of names. I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing his name before. All I read was he was involved in that one-season critically-lauded NBC show UC: Undercover, waaaaay back in 2000 or 2001.)

Maybe some new blood wouldn't be amiss for the SVU gang. I'd think fresh eyes could conjure fresh perspectives and ideas, but what the hell do I know?

I'm going to stick with the idea that it's all about NBC and Dick Wolf. Warren Leight loves him some mommy/daddy issues, but a lot of what I didn't like about both his CI and SVU runs was dictated by higher ups. The grimdark tone, trying to make Amaro into Stabler 2.0, trying to turn CI into L&O: CSI, etc. all were instructions from higher up. And Season 10 of CI was given a mandate to go back to what made the show so good and make the fans happy. I think both Leight and Chernuchin would be more than capable of going back to basics and sending things out on a high note, if everyone was on board with that. MC often seemed to be moving in that direction anyways. That was why I was so disappointed that they didn't decide to make this a final season in advance - there most likely would have been a clear direction from the top to go back to basics, bring back everyone they possibly can to celebrate the show and the franchise's history to restore the value of the brand, and not worry about pleasing Mariska instead of pleasing fans. There are quite a few showrunners, both inside and outside the Dick Wolf clubhouse who deliver something good given those instructions. I don't think there is anyone who can do much better than OK with flashes of really good, given the constraints they have been operating under.

• Love 5

I can not speculate on who or what should be happening, but personally I would like to see a little more of Fin and Carisi, with a little less of Benson.

The story lines have not been too bad the last couple of years. In fact, they all seem to start off really well, but then they seem to change or manipulate the main plot to fit a certain person or a certain agenda. If they can put a little more into their research, a little more depth into the characters, and a little more money into the production and writing, then hopefully they can make season 21 memorable.

If they don't, I can't even see the "Olivia Benson Fan Club" saving SVU from getting axed.

• Love 6

I want more of Fin and Carisi, less of Benson and Rollins. I also want them to add in a good ADA and have more courtroom scenes, there were barely any courtroom scenes in season 20. 

I’m not sure how I feel about the showrunner changing, I thought Churnuchin did a pretty good job, but Mariska’s ego cannot be contained. I feel that no matter who the showrunner is, Mariska is still the one will the most power, the show is a vehicle for her to push her agenda and boost her ego, so I’m afraid no matter what we will get a heavy focus on St Olivia saving the world, constant Noah scenes, constant Benson/Rollins bonding scenes etc.

The storylines were decent for the most part in season 20, but Mariska’s insane ego derails the show. 

• Love 9

Well, I would like to see the viewers/fans of L&R SVU get some justice.  Goodness knows they deserve it based on what they have endured watching St. Olivia over the years.  Would a hero's send off be appropriate?  I don't think so.  With her luck though, she'll likely get appointed to Commissioner.  lol  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Would a hero's send off be appropriate?  I don't think so.  With her luck though, she'll likely get appointed to Commissioner.  lol  

Will they send her out saving a rape victim, by giving up her life for one? Or will they raise her status to superhero level and go so far as to make her the next Capt Marvel?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/30/2019 at 8:34 AM, wknt3 said:

And Season 10 of CI was given a mandate to go back to what made the show so good and make the fans happy. I think both Leight and Chernuchin would be more than capable of going back to basics and sending things out on a high note, if everyone was on board with that. MC often seemed to be moving in that direction anyways. That was why I was so disappointed that they didn't decide to make this a final season in advance - there most likely would have been a clear direction from the top to go back to basics, bring back everyone they possibly can to celebrate the show and the franchise's history to restore the value of the brand, and not worry about pleasing Mariska instead of pleasing fans.

If they were to do this, do you think Dick Wolf would expand the budget just for the final season? Someone mentioned earlier that Wolf is a penny pincher, so would it be his call or could NBC turn up the pressure and make him open the purse strings for the final season?

• Love 2

Not that he would necessarily do it, and I know many hated him by the end, but I could see TPTB trying to get Chris Meloni/Elliott Stabler back in some capacity for any potential finale.

But beyond the who, the why leaves me drawing a blank. Actually, I could truly see Wolf and Hargitay deciding on a "hero's ending" for Benson by...killing her off. Not my idea of a good ending, but it would forever cement the Deification of Benson the show now sadly seems to love. Maybe Stabler would cry over her casket and give the eulogy, and/or take Demon-Seed Noah and blend him with the rest of his menagerie.

The only thing I know for certain is the finale will be 90% Olivia, 5% Finn - who has been on almost as long, by the way! - and the other 5% split with Rollins, Carisi, and any other returnees. Blech.

Still think new blood should see the show out as was done for CI, since Chris Brancato was not part of the Dick Wolf Machine and was allowed to give CI a jolt and a lot of feel-good vibes. The same people BTS seem played out by now.

• Love 7

I wish they would get Munch and Cragen to come back for guest appearances. I don’t give a fuck about Stabler, but a cameo from Munch and/or Cragen should definitely happen before the show ends. 

I also want to see Jack McCoy return for a guest appearance before the show ends.

I think the show will end with Benson retiring.

I wish they had announced in advance that this would be the final season because then I feel like maybe we could have stronger episodes with a more golden age SVU feel as well as knowing we would get closure and go out on a strong note. It’s time for SVU to end, the show has devolved into nothing more than a vehicle for Mariska to boost her massive ego, and I would prefer to see the show go out with an ounce of dignity.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dttruman said:

I can not speculate on who or what should be happening, but personally I would like to see a little more of Fin and Carisi, with a little less of Benson.

Unfortunately I doubt that we will get less Benson. After all given that she is probably 1/3rd of the budget of the show and the Benson stans are the dark magic animating this zombie corpse it's not like they can really justify cutting back her screen time. The only way they could justify it to the bean counters is by having Mariska spend more time behind the camera, producing and directing which might even be worse than having her hog the spotlight. I think the best that we can hope her is to use her differently. More interrogation room scenes and maybe finally show us some CO type stuff - CompStat, attending a victims advocacy group meeting, her and Dodds at 1PP, etc. Less Benoah, less emotional catharsis with the victims, less time doing what junior detectives are supposed to be doing.

a little more money into the production and writing,

Sorry again, but this I KNOW isn't happening. Dick Wolf is legendarily cheap and will not deficit finance his shows even his crown jewel. Again maybe we might possibly get a reallocation of funds especially if they don't bring in a permanent ADA and if they actually get Hate Crimes off the ground (although that would mean WL's attention is divided and any gains from having recurring characters with personalities and some new cops would be more than wiped out by him being focused on his new baby and letting Mariska run even more rampant).

6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I want more of Fin and Carisi, less of Benson and Rollins. I also want them to add in a good ADA and have more courtroom scenes, there were barely any courtroom scenes in season 20. 

I’m not sure how I feel about the showrunner changing, I thought Churnuchin did a pretty good job, but Mariska’s ego cannot be contained. I feel that no matter who the showrunner is, Mariska is still the one will the most power, the show is a vehicle for her to push her agenda and boost her ego, so I’m afraid no matter what we will get a heavy focus on St Olivia saving the world, constant Noah scenes, constant Benson/Rollins bonding scenes etc.

The storylines were decent for the most part in season 20, but Mariska’s insane ego derails the show. 

I think we might actually get more courtroom scenes if we don't get a replacement ADA and just go back to what we had at the beginning of WL's last stint with returning favorites and disposable ADAs as needed for the plots. If the ADA is not a major character we won't have to show how they are Benson's BFF and confidante and that time might be spent in the courtroom instead.

I think that Mariska's ego can be managed to some extent. Hopefully Leight can do what he did before and give us some great cases with some terrible soapy subplots or adopt Chernuchin's approach of letting her run buck wild in the sweeps events and going more ensemble the rest of the time. Maybe he can find a way to convince her that it's really all about her even when it's not.

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I would like to see the viewers/fans of L&R SVU get some justice.  Goodness knows they deserve it based on what they have endured watching St. Olivia over the years.  Would a hero's send off be appropriate?  I don't think so.  With her luck though, she'll likely get appointed to Commissioner.  lol  

2 hours ago, dttruman said:

Will they send her out saving a rape victim, by giving up her life for one? Or will they raise her status to superhero level and go so far as to make her the next Capt Marvel?

There will be nothing so final as Benson dying, heroically or otherwise. As mentioned above this is still a Dick Wolf show and he never lets anything end without leaving open the possibility of continuation even if everyone else has given up. Heck he's tried like 10 times to get a Season 2 for the mothership and wanted to do more CI even though the last season was only done so they could wrap things up and to try to make up for what they had done to the original. I could see her making Captain in the finale though.

24 minutes ago, dttruman said:

If they were to do this, do you think Dick Wolf would expand the budget just for the final season? Someone mentioned earlier that Wolf is a penny pincher, so would it be his call or could NBC turn up the pressure and make him open the purse strings for the final season?

NBC can increase the budget by paying a higher price per episode. They have shown no inclination to do so. As I said above nobody has ever been able to convince him to spend his own money. Even for the mothership when he was on the verge of breaking the Gunsmoke record that was a line he wouldn't cross. I think if he was going to open the purse strings he would have done so already.

• Love 5

Maybe Stabler would cry over her casket and give the eulogy, and/or take Demon-Seed Noah and blend him with the rest of his menagerie.

I could see a big fight at the funeral, where Barba, Stone, and Stabler pushing each other around each saying " She would have wanted me to give the eulogy, because she knew I loved her most.

The only thing I know for certain is the finale will be 90% Olivia, 5% Finn - who has been on almost as long, by the way! - and the other 5% split with Rollins, Carisi, and any other returnees. Blech.

Without a doubt!

9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I wish they would get Munch and Cragen to come back for guest appearances. I don’t give a fuck about Stabler, but a cameo from Munch and/or Cragen should definitely happen before the show ends. 

I always like the conversations Fin and Munch had during the investigations. Some were about relevant issues (which made it interesting) and then would end as Munch would include a conspiracy theory and Fin would give him a dirty look, call him crazy, or told him he had too much time on his hands.

• Love 4

Oh, I know.  St. Olivia is awakened as she gets up to put on her uniform for retirement day.  We see that she has been DREAMING of being a detective and being SAINT OLIVIA.  It's all been a dream of how she wanted it to be and Olivia has been a meter marker all these years. Stabler was the guy who dispatched her.  Fin operated a food stand on the corner. Rollins ran a child care center, where Noah stayed while his real mother worked. Sort of like The Wizard of Oz!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I know.  St. Olivia is awakened as she gets up to put on her uniform for retirement day.  We see that she has been DREAMING of being a detective and being SAINT OLIVIA.  It's all been a dream of how she wanted it to be and Olivia has been a meter marker all these years. Stabler was the guy who dispatched her.  Fin operated a food stand on the corner. Rollins ran a child care center, where Noah stayed while his real mother worked. Sort of like The Wizard of Oz!  

Actually, shades of that craptacular St. Elsewhere (remember that?) ending! A hospital and staff in a snow globe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, dttruman said:

I could see a big fight at the funeral, where Barba, Stone, and Stabler pushing each other around each saying " She would have wanted me to give the eulogy, because she knew I loved her most.

OMG, yes. And let's steal a bit from that one ER episode and have one of them fall into an open dug grave, just for the entertainment train-wreck value.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

55 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I think that Dallas had a dream thing once too, so, it's not that original, but, it would be a way to take Benson down a little bit. 

If the OBFC ever saw these two possible endings they would hunt you guys down and harass you forever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I am not surprised often by television, but I would be shocked, gobsmacked shocked, if they ever even considered killing off Benson, let alone doing it.  She is that sacred to them.  I have always thought they'd end the series by having Stabler sweep back into Benson's life.  Kathy is dead or they are divorced, so he and Olivia can walk off into the sunset together for that happily ever after these poor sweet dumb fools, martyr and saint that they are, gave up for the sake of Kathy and the kids.  I've always felt that's why they've never let Liv stay in a relationship. She's got to be available for her true love!

Gag.  

I would hate that ending for her.  For me, Olivia never grew as a person or as a detective until she was shed of Stabler.  But, I truly believe this is what will happen.

Prove me wrong, Show!  I'm beggin' ya!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 5:17 AM, Fellaway said:

I have always thought they'd end the series by having Stabler sweep back into Benson's life.  Kathy is dead or they are divorced, so he and Olivia can walk off into the sunset together for that happily ever after these poor sweet dumb fools, martyr and saint that they are, gave up for the sake of Kathy and the kids.  I've always felt that's why they've never let Liv stay in a relationship. She's got to be available for her true love!

Gag.  

I would hate that ending for her.  For me, Olivia never grew as a person or as a detective until she was shed of Stabler.  But, I truly believe this is what will happen.

Prove me wrong, Show!  I'm beggin' ya!

I am of the opinion that they want the men in her (possible romantic) life to give up or sacrifice everything  for her. The last three I can think of have done such that.  The two ADAs and the guy from Internal Affairs. He was putting in his retirement papers and he wanted her to go away with him, right?

Edited by dttruman
40 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I am of the opinion that they want the men in her (possible romantic) life to give up or sacrifice everything  for her. The last three I can think of have done such that.  The two ADAs and the guy from Internal Affairs. He was putting in his retirement papers and he want her to go away with him, right?

I don’t remember Tucker asking her to quit; could be wrong though. I actually liked that pairing b/c  it was a mature relationship and they usually tied their scenes together with a storyline.  Not too much gratuitous stuff.  

On another note, just read on Warren Leight’s twitter feed that he is bringing Declan Murphy back for a visit.  I’m guessing that means more Rollins personal drama 🤢

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChristiKRN said:

I don’t remember Tucker asking her to quit; could be wrong though. I actually liked that pairing b/c  it was a mature relationship and they usually tied their scenes together with a storyline.  Not too much gratuitous stuff.  

On another note, just read on Warren Leight’s twitter feed that he is bringing Declan Murphy back for a visit.  I’m guessing that means more Rollins personal drama 🤢

I like Murphy but I hate that they made him Rollins’ baby daddy. I would like to see him assist SVU on a case though and see what he’s up to, but I’m sure his appearance will be all about Rollins’ personal life. I don’t have high expectations for season 21, I expect it to be a load of personal soaps and St Olivia worship.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

I may have misspoke about them running away together, but he wanted something more permanent or something. It just seems like they all have to bend over backwards to accommodate Benson, even though in reality there has to be a little give and take on both sides. But then again it wouldn't be a soap opera about Benson, now would it?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Yeah it was disappointing when that relationship ended. Especially since they had actual chemistry and it seems like the only reason TPTB broke them up was so that she could completely mix her personal and professional life again and they could play up the whole UST thing with colleagues.

Yeah, but we were probably getting that anyway. If we are going back to that shitshow at least it will be a shitshow starring Dolal Logue! He's capable of pulling that off ( see Gotham) and if they let him keep his non-worshipful attitude towards Benson it could be a breath of fresh air. And it's better than him just disappearing forever and abandoning his child. So I'm going to put this in the "reason for cautious optimism" column.

• Love 5
(edited)

Dttruman, I totally agree that they feel the need to continue to portray Benson as long-suffering & unable to find total happiness .  Just leads to more drama for her. 

Xeliou66, I’m sure you know how much I hated that they had Murphy sleep with Rollins and  made Him the baby daddy too.  I liked what he brought to SVU; They won’t be able to bring him back in any substantial way b/c of that fact.  It will mostly revolve around Rollins and her oldest kid.  What a waste.  

Wknt3, I love Donal Logue and also thought he was a breath of fresh air.  I hoped Gotham wasn’t picked up so that he could have stayed.  He was criminally underused on Gotham, but he shined in his scenes.  

Edited by ChristiKRN
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Dttruman, I totally agree that they feel the need to continue to portray Benson as long-suffering & unable to find total happiness .  Just leads to more drama for her. 

Xeliou66, I’m sure you know how much I hated that they had Murphy sleep with Rollins and  made Him the baby daddy too.  I liked what he brought to SVU; They won’t be able to bring him back in any substantial way b/c of that fact.  It will mostly revolve around Rollins and her oldest kid.  What a waste.  

Wknt3, I love Donal Logue and also thought he was a breath of fresh air.  I hoped Gotham wasn’t picked up so that he could have stayed.  He was criminally underused on Gotham, but he shined in his scenes.  

I had no problem with them portraying her as a soap opera star with her private life, but they took it way too far when they thought it was more important to the tv series than the actual investigation of the special victims crimes.

I also had no problem with them showing the private lives of the other detectives, but this, along with Benson's life added in for an episode, took so much away from an investigation. The writers were forced to take many shortcuts to get a crime solved and most of the time in an unexplained or convoluted fashion. No quality or depth, IMO.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Yes, all I remember is him saying he was putting in his papers, with the implication that he wanted to spend more time with Olivia and Noah, that he was really serious about them.  He didn't ask her to put in her papers, but that one conversation in the restaurant, maybe, could be seen as him testing those waters.  She was oblivous, of course.  I think, right then, for me, is when the "It's all about Olivia train" started and where she started to lose her mojo as a character.  That was on Eid's watch, I believe.  If they wanted to break them up, fair enough, but I thought they did it particularly poorly.  They end 17 with the three of them going off to Paris, happy as clams, then, as soon as 18 starts, Olivia's all "we're having trouble connecting"?  Yeah, that flowed.  Yeesh.

I really liked Tucker and Benson together, improbable as they seemed at first.  As you say, it was a mature relationship of equals, till Eid messed it up.  The pairing started on Leight's watch, and I read awhile back that he considered them endgame, so... maybe he'll revisit them?

18 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

On another note, just read on Warren Leight’s twitter feed that he is bringing Declan Murphy back for a visit.

No!  Nonononononononono!  I hate Murphy!  Ugh.  Hopefully it's a one and done situation.

• Love 2

Well it looks like we now know the plot for one of the upcoming season's episodes. Anyone want to bet that they won't rip from these headlines?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/n-j-judge-spared-teen-rape-suspect-because-he-came-n1026111

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/02/nyregion/judge-james-troiano-rape.html

I'm guessing instead of the DA winning on appeal they will have the squad prove beyond all doubt that the perp acted knowingly and deliberately and then Benson will heal the traumatized victim with the whisper of justice...

• Love 1
(edited)

Just a couple articles with some nice photos of the cast beginning to shoot 21, though nothing revelatory about plot.  MH, KG, Ice-T are all on hand, though no sign of PS, which displeases me.  Peter Gallagher is there, though, looking mighty fine.

https://okmagazine.com/photos/mariska-hargitay-scenes-law-and-order-svu-21st-season-pics/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7251081/Mariska-Hargitay-hugs-Law-Order-SVU-castmate-Peter-Gallagher-film-Ice-T.html

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 1

Nice that Chief Dodds will be back, I always enjoy his appearances. 

I’m really curious to see what they do with the courtroom stuff, since there has been no news of an ADA joining the cast, I wonder if they will have any courtroom stuff at all, if they will use recurring characters or what? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Nice that Chief Dodds will be back, I always enjoy his appearances. 

I’m really curious to see what they do with the courtroom stuff, since there has been no news of an ADA joining the cast, I wonder if they will have any courtroom stuff at all, if they will use recurring characters or what? 

As I said before, with the budget being what it is (probably), I predict SVU may just have day-player ADAs like CI did.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I said before, with the budget being what it is (probably), I predict SVU may just have day-player ADAs like CI did.

That is my guess, as well, but maybe they'll use the opportunity to bring back one or two of the former ADAs for a guest appearance.

• Love 2

I was very disappointed not to see Peter Scanavino in any of the pictures except at  a cast read.  Wondering if Carisi may be shifting his focus to the “Law” side of things and that is why he is not w/the rest of the squad?? Maybe Leight is trying to surprise us with the news that Carisi is the new ADA.  I cannot handle ongoing misuse of Carisi. 

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far 😁

• Love 3
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the "In the Media" thread. Move if needed. https://tvline.com/2019/07/17/law-and-order-svu-ian-mcshane-cast-season-21-premiere-nbc/

Sounds like the season opener will yet another “rich famous white guy accused of rape” storyline. They’ve done this same storyline over and over the last few years, it’s really tiresome, and more reason not to be hopeful for season 21. 

I have no idea why Carisi hasn’t been in any pics so far, but it would be bad and ridiculous if Carisi became the ADA IMO.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Sounds like the season opener will yet another “rich famous white guy accused of rape” storyline. They’ve done this same storyline over and over the last few years, it’s really tiresome, and more reason not to be hopeful for season 21. 

I have no idea why Carisi hasn’t been in any pics so far, but it would be bad and ridiculous if Carisi became the ADA IMO.

I agree with you regarding Carisi becoming an ADA.  Leight was the show runner who introduced Carisi as a detective by day and going to law school at night.  Leight has also said in the past that he doesn’t like writing courtroom scenes. So, that is a bad combination . We need more Carisi, not less. 

The season premier episode seems dull on paper, but I am optimistic that the writers are going to Have some novel ideas and add a few twists .  Everyone involved with SVU seems enthusiastic about Leight’s return.  We shall see. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ChristiKRN said:

Leight has also said in the past that he doesn’t like writing courtroom scenes.

This, I didn't know. Certainly explains why the ADA angle on CI under him more or less disappeared when he was made EP. Sounds like it is drying up on SVU, too. Time will tell.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

I agree with you regarding Carisi becoming an ADA.  Leight was the show runner who introduced Carisi as a detective by day and going to law school at night.  Leight has also said in the past that he doesn’t like writing courtroom scenes. So, that is a bad combination . We need more Carisi, not less. 

Totally agree.  I have never been onboard with the idea of Carisi being ADA for that very reason.  More Carisi, not less!  SVU has always been more about the cop side of the story, increasingly so as the seasons have gone by, so I don't want PS/Carisi "demoted," as it were, by becoming ADA.  Also, honestly, the cop side of the story interests me more than the courtroom side, so I hope Carisi is staying a detective.

PS/Carisi came about during Leight's reign, and I believe he likes and understands the character, definitely more than Eid and Chernuchin ever did, so I'm still hopeful he'll do right by him.  And it would totally be absurd to "promote" Carisi to ADA and leave the squad as a Lieutenant, a Sergeant, and one detective.  For all of Manhattan!  They'd have to bring on another detective, then there'd go the money they saved by firing PW.

11 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

The season premier episode seems dull on paper, but I am optimistic that the writers are going to Have some novel ideas and add a few twists .  Everyone involved with SVU seems enthusiastic about Leight’s return.  We shall see. 

Yeah, this viewer is enthusiastic about Leight's return, too.  Agree, the blurb for the ep doesn't sound interesting, but I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt because I was never bored by Leight's eps.  And Ian McShane is a pretty good get.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2019 at 7:16 AM, Fellaway said:

Ariel Winter Films Guest Role on SVU

All these shots of MH on the streets have me losing hope that Leight was able to corral Benson back into the office where she belongs.  Still trying to think positively, though!

I just found this on another website, good find. What I am wondering about this is how much will it effect Ariel Winter in the future. If this is a bad episode, will Ariel catch some flack for it or will people give her the benefit of the doubt and say that SVU didn't use her talents wisely?

I just noticed that at this website where the article originates, they stopped taking comments at 46. I wonder why?

Most are about Ariel's looks but there is one complementing her on her future appearance on the show. The thing I am skeptical about is the picture and the caption reads something like, Hargitay giving her pointers or advice. I wonder if Hargitay is directing that episode?

Edited by dttruman
2 hours ago, dttruman said:

I just found this on another website, good find. What I am wondering about this is how much will it effect Ariel Winter in the future. If this is a bad episode, will Ariel catch some flack for it or will people give her the benefit of the doubt and say that SVU didn't use her talents wisely?

I just noticed that at this website where the article originates, they stopped taking comments at 46. I wonder why?

Most are about Ariel's looks but there is one complementing her on her future appearance on the show. The thing I am skeptical about is the picture and the caption reads something like, Hargitay giving her pointers or advice. I wonder if Hargitay is directing that episode?

On DailyMail Online, the news cycles are fast and old stories get replaced with newer stories quickly.  I don't think they shut down the comments, just newer stories came up.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

On DailyMail Online, the news cycles are fast and old stories get replaced with newer stories quickly.  I don't think they shut down the comments, just newer stories came up.

This from TVline

https://tvline.com/2019/07/31/law-and-order-svu-ariel-winter-cast-season-21/

"According to E! Online, Winter’s installment will “explore the newest techniques and methods used to help victims disclose their trauma and recall key details for the investigating police.”"

These new "techniques and methods", make me wonder if Benson will use them to get the victims to talk to her. I wonder how reliable they will be and if they will portray them accurately,

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, dttruman said:

This from TVline

"According to E! Online, Winter’s installment will “explore the newest techniques and methods used to help victims disclose their trauma and recall key details for the investigating police.”"

These new "techniques and methods", make me wonder if Benson will use them to get the victims to talk to her. I wonder how reliable they will be and if they will portray them accurately,

This episode sounds like it’s going to be all about Benson talking to the victim, stuff we’ve seen hundreds of times. It’s going to be another St Olivia worship fest IMO with her acting as the patron saint of victims and a reluctant victim coming around to accept St Olivia as her savior at the end.

Season 21 isn’t looking promising at all, I have a feeling it’s going to be all St Olivia all the time with a side dose of Rollins drama, with predictable storylines we’ve seen over and over and no courtroom stuff and fewer characters. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

This episode sounds like it’s going to be all about Benson talking to the victim, stuff we’ve seen hundreds of times. It’s going to be another St Olivia worship fest IMO with her acting as the patron saint of victims and a reluctant victim coming around to accept St Olivia as her savior at the end.

Season 21 isn’t looking promising at all, I have a feeling it’s going to be all St Olivia all the time with a side dose of Rollins drama, with predictable storylines we’ve seen over and over and no courtroom stuff and fewer characters. 

There better be at least one Fin and one Carisi episodes, or I am going to call this an outrageous and blatant move to hog all the glory.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Do you think the new ADA will be used as much as Sandrine Holt's character Dr Lisa Martin (or Abernathy)?

I don’t even think they will have a main ADA, I think they will go back to doing the revolving door of ADA’s that they did for a few years before Barba came along.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dttruman said:

This from TVline

Wow, one comment in TVline.  

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t even think they will have a main ADA, I think they will go back to doing the revolving door of ADA’s that they did for a few years before Barba came along.

For S21, all they care about is keeping the halo over St. O's head, and beating Gunsmoke.

• Love 2