Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Epic Grand Gesture

• Start Topic

The housemates throw a Christmas in July party and exchange secret Santa gifts; Kyle has a special present for Amanda; Hannah invites her British beau to the party; Carl vies for Paige's attention. but she ignores his advances, and he goes too far.

Airs April 15, 2019.

What happened to the fun loving I want to fuck every female in the Hamptons Carl? Go get a life, scrooge. And a job you can keep. His jealousy is not cute. Paige is gorgeous and young and can see right through this loser. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Was Carl going to smash that cake into Paige's face? He has so much baggage. I would be running far away. Paige is only 25. He is 33. Maybe Carl and Jordan could be a couple.

Like the cupcake smash kiss with Lauren first season?  Is a cake/cupcake smash makeout a thing??

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Like the cupcake smash kiss with Lauren first season?  Is a cake/cupcake smash makeout a thing??

Ugh, I would be SO annoyed if some guy tried that with me. Who wants cake smashed in their face?? Seems really disrespectful and not the least bit cute or funny. Kind of like smashing wedding cake. No way.

• Love 7

I still don’t understand what Carl thought he was going to accomplish by smashing cake in Paige’s face? Did he think that was fun when it happened to him?

something else I don’t understand on reality shows is the guy talking about the date on the date. Does this work? It just seems really awkward and dull to talk about how the date is going, even acknowledging the date, rather than enjoying time with another person and being in the moment. But maybe I’m wrong. I’m horrible at dating and these losers all seem to get girls 🤷‍♂️

Stop smashing cake into people’s faces! It is a waste of good cake. What do these people have against cake?

Carl is such a spoiled brat. I think Paige has his number. He’s looking for a girlfriend to be there for him. He has no interest in being there for a girlfriend.

i know NYC is expensive but $22,000? Are Kyle and Amanda counting on this show getting many more seasons? Do they come from money? Even if the fees took up half of that you’re still looking at $10,000 a month. 

Jordon might be a serial killer. He has some bad crazy eyes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, lisalionheart said:

I think it's probably in the neighborhood of $5k-$6k per month, if it's first, last, and broker's fee. The broker's fee is something like 15% of the yearly rent total.

I don't know what neighborhood they rented in but that's a typical price range for an apt in NYC, especially if they rented a 2 bedroom. I'm surprised they didn't have to come up with more because I'm sure they had to put down a security deposit also. NYC rental prices are insane, let's not even talk about the price of a Hamptons summer house. I'm sure BRAVO is picking up some of that tab, though, otherwise these millenials are making serious bank. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

that's a typical price range for an apt in NYC, especially if they rented a 2 bedroom. I'

If they went with the one they showed the most of than it was a 1 bedroom which I think is a huge mistake especially because Kyle works from home and I am not sure about Amanda.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

If they went with the one they showed the most of than it was a 1 bedroom which I think is a huge mistake especially because Kyle works from home and I am not sure about Amanda.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking they rented a 2 bed so they could use one as an office space. Those NYC apts are so damn small to begin with....

Every time I hear “Lover Boy” i think of “Mother Boy” from Arrested Development and can’t take Kyle seriously. That, and the fact he went from maybe considering creating a new beer company to having a beer company in about two weeks. 

I guess I’m just old. I realize now how important marketing is to a business. There’s no history, passion, or expertise in what Kyle is doing. He just threw together a product, stuck a name and label on it and used this show to sell it. I get it. I just don’t like it. It’s basically the reason why something like the Fyre Festival can happen. It’s all gloss with no substance. Kyle didn’t have to work to do this. 

Edited by Stan39
Typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Every time I hear “Lover Boy” i think of “Mother Boy” from Arrested Development and can’t take Carl seriously. That, and the fact he went from maybe considering creating a new beer company to having a beer company in about two weeks. 

I guess I’m just old. I realize now how important marketing is to a business. There’s no history, passion, or expertise in what Carl is doing. He just threw together a product, stuck a name and label on it and used this show to sell it. I get it. I just don’t like it. It’s basically the reason why something like the Fyre Festival can happen. It’s all gloss with no substance. Carl didn’t have to work to do this. 

I think you mean Kyle. 🙂 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I guess I’m just old. I realize now how important marketing is to a business. There’s no history, passion, or expertise in what Carl is doing. He just threw together a product, stuck a name and label on it and used this show to sell it. I get it. I just don’t like it. It’s basically the reason why something like the Fyre Festival can happen. It’s all gloss with no substance. Carl didn’t have to work to do this. 

Watching Carl stumble his way through work and women raises many questions about his father and what he modeled. He said they have been estranged for years since his parents divorce and that may be a good thing if his father is crazy, but Carl could really use some mature male guidance (and a good slap to snap out of it). 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

That, and the fact he went from maybe considering creating a new beer company to having a beer company in about two weeks. 

Come now, it’s not a beer it’s a sparkling hard iced tea! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Jesus, I’m really off. To be fair, I barely pay attention while this is on 🤦‍♂️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Jesus, I’m really off. To be fair, I barely pay attention while this is on 🤦‍♂️

I am pretty sure Kyle googled “on trend beverages” and than put all the words he found on a dart board and voila “LoverBoy” was born!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, lisalionheart said:

I think it's probably in the neighborhood of $5k-$6k per month, if it's first, last, and broker's fee. The broker's fee is something like 15% of the yearly rent total.

15% of the YEARLY total??  Jesus! 

So, let's say the total monthly rent is $5,600, 15% would be about $10,000. If you add it all up, plus last month's rent would be about $21,000 so yeah that sounds right.  And I cannot believe that the renter pays that.  When I was renting out a condo, I had to pay the broker to find the renter.  And it was like maybe $300 at the MOST.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

🤮

• Love 1
On 4/17/2019 at 12:37 AM, heatherchandler said:

On 4/18/2019 at 4:33 AM, FozzyBear said:

Stop smashing cake into people’s faces! It is a waste of good cake. What do these people have against cake?

Carl is such a spoiled brat. I think Paige has his number. He’s looking for a girlfriend to be there for him. He has no interest in being there for a girlfriend.

i know NYC is expensive but $22,000? Are Kyle and Amanda counting on this show getting many more seasons? Do they come from money? Even if the fees took up half of that you’re still looking at $10,000 a month. 

Jordon might be a serial killer. He has some bad crazy eyes. 

As someone who has spent many hours baking cakes for people, I would be devastated if someone did that to a cake I made.  It's a really shitty thing to do.

Jordan is the creepiest person I've seen on the show.  I also hate all of that Christian/Bible shit he talks about and listens to in his room.  People like that are ALWAYS hypocrites.  I won't even go into the born-again Christians who thought they had the right to spew that shit at me when I went to church.  I've been a Christian my whole life (at that point anyway), you've been a Christian for all of 5 minutes, so calm tf down.

Carl wants whatever he wants without having to work for it because he has a chip on his shoulder.  He thinks the only thing you have to do to keep a job is just physically show up to work and the only thing he has to do to get a date is to stand there and smile.  No, dipshit, you actually have to put in EFFORT to get anything good in life.  I don't give a shit about your parents' divorce and what a 'hard week' you've had.  Grow tf up.  I'm actually enjoying seeing him get rejected by a girl for once and not have her fall all over him just because he smiled at her.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, Stan39 said:

Every time I hear “Lover Boy” i think of “Mother Boy” from Arrested Development and can’t take Kyle seriously. That, and the fact he went from maybe considering creating a new beer company to having a beer company in about two weeks. 

I always love AD references in these posts!!!  Actually, I was just quoting some lines the other day from Buster - "Is it okay if I do it for Mum and not you?  Because I really like Mum.", "Yeah, we know."

• Like 1
  • Love 2