Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins (Friends)

• Start Topic

Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins (Friends)

Previous seasons: Survivor: Gabon and Survivor: Caramoan (Corinne); Survivor: Vanuatu and Survivor: Micronesia (Eliza) 

Corinne Kaplan
Hometown: Denver 
Current occupation: Medical sales for the real money, podcasting for the side hustle

Three words to describe you: 100% that bitch.

What excites you most about traveling? 
Hangovers don't exist on vacation and calories don't count on airplanes.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Racers. It's the same concept as taking your SATs. Your score goes up every time.  

Eliza Orlins
Hometown: New York City
Current occupation: Public Defender

Three words to describe you: Intense, politically active, and outgoing.

What excites you most about traveling?
EVERYTHING! I absolutely love to travel and love seeing new places, meeting new people, and experiencing new cultures.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Racers. Hands down. It's like when Boston Rob went up against a bunch of newbies on Survivor: Redemption Island.

656270e9dc5f38df_corrine_eliza.jpg

Yeah they're trying to alienate other teams from the get go or they don't think the other teams will find out about them talking trash?

Even if they survive maybe they get U-turned.

One of them is even a public defender, so why so catty?

• Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 12:12 PM, scrb said:

Yeah they're trying to alienate other teams from the get go or they don't think the other teams will find out about them talking trash?

The cattiness/trash talking has been Corinne's thing since her first season of Survivor

I most remember Eliza for the episode after she was voted out and was the first Juror one season. As she sat on the jury alone, the Tribal Council was one of the all-time most bonkers ones for reasons I can't remember. What I do remember was Eliza making a series of bug eyed agog faces on every cutaway, each more incredulous than the last as events unfolded before her.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2019 at 10:57 PM, Fukui San said:

I most remember Eliza for the episode after she was voted out and was the first Juror one season. As she sat on the jury alone, the Tribal Council was one of the all-time most bonkers ones for reasons I can't remember. What I do remember was Eliza making a series of bug eyed agog faces on every cutaway, each more incredulous than the last as events unfolded before her.

That was the one where Ozzy got blindsided, and I'd be making those faces too, because even Eliza outing him as having the idol at the previous tribal wasn't enough to actually consider that he might have been in danger and actually bring said idol to tribal/play it.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:12 PM, scrb said:

And they are a large part of why I am not watching. I do not like Corrine and will not watch her on another TV show.

• Love 1

Neither of them were bad on leg two.

they didn’t bitch at their driver who let them get passed by several other teams.

but it’s fun to see cattiness so let’s see if it comes back.

• Love 1
(edited)

Since I didn't watch either Corrine/Eliza on Survivor, I only know of them from what I saw here and on the race it seemed Eliza was worse.  Maybe it just came off that way because she was louder and a bit more in your face?  Though even on the podcast, I'd say Corrine was way worse.  She did sort of half apologize for the trailer park comment, but even that I think she only did because she was literally talking to two other racers.

Both Corrine and Eliza claim despite their meltdowns to be friends with a lot of the teams, including having become friends with Rachel.  Really the only team they spoke negatively of, and it was only Corrine, was Leo/Jamal.   Eliza may dislike them too, but she just never mentioned them.  Corrine's reason seemed to be that Leo/Jamal didn't talk to them and that they were sneaky in ways that didn't make any sense to the game.  I got the impression she was bitter about Leo/Jamal lying to her about the location of whatever it was and never got over it.

I think there was also maybe another time when Leo/Jamal wouldn't tell them something (really have no recollection what it was) and Victor helped them and Leo/Jamal got annoyed at Victor for helping them.

Also sounds like Colin gave them the heads up to choose the paddle basket task over the irrigation one since it was much quicker.  They must have passed them on the way to the task. So there still seemed to be an air of a lot of teams helping them at points, or just helping each other in general.

On the head to head, they were playing badminton against the Reilly sisters who were on their third match at that point after having been beaten by two other teams.  They claimed it was close.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2
On 5/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, spanana said:

Since I didn't watch either Corrine/Eliza on Survivor, I only know of them from what I saw here and on the race it seemed Eliza was worse.  Maybe it just came off that way because she was louder and a bit more in your face?  Though even on the podcast, I'd say Corrine was way worse.  She did sort of half apologize for the trailer park comment, but even that I think she only did because she was literally talking to two other racers.

I think there was also maybe another time when Leo/Jamal wouldn't tell them something (really have no recollection what it was) and Victor helped them and Leo/Jamal got annoyed at Victor for helping them.

Corinne was way worse on Survivor. Eliza is more cutthroat in the sense that she's willing to do whatever tactical move to get ahead, but she's not one of those people that will go low when it comes to making personal remarks, whereas Corinne isn't as devious as Eliza, but if someone screws her over, she will get as personal as necessary with that person. 

And yeah, it was the elephant task when Victor said that he was feeling bad that Corinne & Eliza and Janelle & Brit were struggling, and because he didn't want to see the 2 all female teams suffer much, he decided to tell them all where to look, while Jamal was the one who got annoyed.

Eliza at the mat didn’t want to hear Rachel saying she respected them as competitors and women.

So salty, was making me laugh.

Seems like they must have had some history with the Riley sisters that she took losing to them so personally.

Or was it just painful to eat crow after all the trash talking they did?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Since we didn’t get to see the head-to-head, is it possible that Eliza and Corinne got to the pit stop first and  lost to the Sisters? That would make me bitter!

I keep reading about the Head to Head task not affecting the outcome of the finishing of the race but I would be curious who battled whom? It does make sense that it would have been between the sisters vs Corrine & Eliza but nobody has confirmed anything. Personally, I’d love to know. 

• Love 1
(edited)

So glad this team is gone! I've seen them both on Survivor and while I'm not a fan of Eliza, I absolutely loathe Corinne. Does anyone know why Corinne has such a shitty, classist attitude? That crack about growing up on a trailer park isn't the first time I've seen it come up. As far as I know, she doesn't have a particularly prestigious background herself (in terms of family, academic, or career connections/achievements). Her attitude wouldn't be okay even if she did, but it would be less mystifying. As it is, it's impossible for me to read it as anything other than her trying to compensate for deep-seated insecurities about her own worth.

What also got me about this team was how joyless they seemed. My favorite teams are the ones who actually seem to appreciate the race for all the cool stuff you get to do and places you get to see. Eliza and Corinne just seemed stressed and unhappy the whole time, though admittedly, the editing may have hidden their more relaxed and appreciative moments from us.

Edited by Hera
To add the second paragraph.
  • Love 4
On 5/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, lexington11 said:

Corinne was way worse on Survivor. Eliza is more cutthroat in the sense that she's willing to do whatever tactical move to get ahead, but she's not one of those people that will go low when it comes to making personal remarks, whereas Corinne isn't as devious as Eliza, but if someone screws her over, she will get as personal as necessary with that person. 

And yeah, it was the elephant task when Victor said that he was feeling bad that Corinne & Eliza and Janelle & Brit were struggling, and because he didn't want to see the 2 all female teams suffer much, he decided to tell them all where to look, while Jamal was the one who got annoyed.

That makes sense and also how they both explained themselves during the podcast.  Corrine also seems to embrace her villain role, or at least doesn't care more, than Eliza does.   Eliza came off more pleasant in the interview at least.

As for the head to head, while there is some speculation on the order, the Reillys match against Corrine/Eliza was their third match and Corrine/Eliza's first, so Rachel and her sister had been there for awhile and presumably got their first.  One of the two said the final match was close and perhaps they would have beat them if it wasn't their first game.  So I'm presuming some of the end bitterness was also because it was so close and ultimately came down to a head to head game of badminton.

I think editing made it look like the Reilly sisters were much further behind people than they actually were.  While maybe they struggled a little, I don't think it was a much as editing suggested.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Hera said:

So glad this team is gone! I've seen them both on Survivor and while I'm not a fan of Eliza, I absolutely loathe Corinne. Does anyone know why Corinne has such a shitty, classist attitude? That crack about growing up on a trailer park isn't the first time I've seen it come up. As far as I know, she doesn't have a particularly prestigious background herself (in terms of family, academic, or career connections/achievements). Her attitude wouldn't be okay even if she did, but it would be less mystifying. As it is, it's impossible for me to read it as anything other than her trying to compensate for deep-seated insecurities about her own worth.

What also got me about this team was how joyless they seemed. My favorite teams are the ones who actually seem to appreciate the race for all the cool stuff you get to do and places you get to see. Eliza and Corinne just seemed stressed and unhappy the whole time, though admittedly, the editing may have hidden their more relaxed and appreciative moments from us.

I have always despised Corinne (Though I have to admit she was not that bad during her second season on Survivor) and was a fan of Eliza (If I find a woman attractive I often overlook a lot.).  After seeing Eliza on here I can no longer overlook how catty and bitchy she is.  I makes me wonder if she was always like this or Corinne brings to worst out of her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Did Eliza do an eye roll as Colin and Christie arrived at the mat in the final leg?

Awesome, don't hide who you are.

That was when Leo/Jamal arrived, and Corinne wasn't clapping (both aren't hiding that fact).  I think they were both clapping for C/C.