Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: This City

doLLish
  • Start Topic

With the threat of a gang war looming, Voight and Ray Price must organize a peace summit to end the bloodshed before more innocent people get hurt; Burgess evaluates her future with Blair.

(edited)

Another great episode. Thank you writers for some type of continuity, by reminding us why Kevin had to send his siblings away. Again Kevin being the token Black man, had to toe the line between being a Black man and a cop. This episode highlighted that we have young men of color killing other men and women of color over pure nonsense.  Kelton really has to go, his glory hungry behind placed an innocent woman's life in danger. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 6
(edited)

Superintendent Asshole does it again.  This guy is worse than Bubba Gump ever was, and the topper is I can't stand looking at his bright red face and oversized teeth.

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

The Superintendent is a jackass. And Voight calls himself keeping order but at the end of the day he's nothing but a thug his damn self.  And Atwater continues to be the most sympathetic character on this show by far, being reminded of the heartbreaking decision to send his siblings away but like he said the alternative would have been worst.  And on a shallow note Atwater and Haley should work together more because they look good together.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Brookside said:

Lindsay needs to get a haircut.  She's starting to look like this.

She should also learn to slow down when she recites her lines. I would never know what she says if it weren't for subtitles.

• Love 1

I liked this episode.  I was amused when Voight was all I don't like being caught between you two guys, or you two guys, because everyone knows if they annoy Voight enough, he will kill them.  It's who Voight is.

Spoiler

I do not like the previews for the next episode.  I like hot guy.  I hate that he will be murdered.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, icemiser69 said:

These episodes are so damn repetitive and predictable.

Kelton and Price are both dirt bags.    Kelton did out that there was a witness, but I could easily envision a scenario where Price would have done the same damn thing.

Kim acted like she was into the sex, but not into a relationship.    She didn't seem to be too happy that her boy toy was sticking around.  That said, I really don't trust her bed buddy.  I think he is probably married.

Well, the promo for the next episode basically gave away what happens to her bed buddy. Now, it's a question of what was he actually doing in Chicago.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/4/2019 at 11:42 AM, preeya said:

No Chicago shows (Med, Fire, P.D.) for two weeks.

It seems they're lining it up to finish off the season with four straight episodes. With 22 episodes, I guess they have to do something to string the season along. It seems NBC really does not like doing 24-25 episode seasons, like CBS and ABC. There could be a lot less down time between episodes if they did.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 1
On 4/8/2019 at 7:22 AM, WinJet0819 said:

It seems NBC really does not like doing 24-25 episode seasons, like CBS and ABC. There could be a lot less down time between episodes if they did.

NBC shows may be more expensive to produce than the other network shows. That's a big factor in determining how many episodes they air. Gone are the days of 44-episode seasons.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 1:49 AM, Brookside said:

image.png.8029b2a963cc8aaf0f473c6f1bc80379.png

I'm guessing you mean Upton?

I'm just surprised she is allowed to have all that hair flapping around while on the job...you'd think it would be a hazard, as someone could easily grab her by it.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 12:49 AM, Brookside said:

image.png.8029b2a963cc8aaf0f473c6f1bc80379.png

Lindsay’s been gone for how many seasons?

On 4/3/2019 at 11:38 PM, mommalib said:

The Superintendent is a jackass. And Voight calls himself keeping order but at the end of the day he's nothing but a thug his damn self.  And Atwater continues to be the most sympathetic character on this show by far, being reminded of the heartbreaking decision to send his siblings away but like he said the alternative would have been worst.  And on a shallow note Atwater and Haley should work together more because they look good together.

Uh, no, no they don’t.