Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 8/19/2022 at 10:16 PM, whosadcc said:

Lisa has stated on her Instagram that she tried to come back to early. She does seem physically better, but she's still has some limitations on how she can dance due to her injury. She advertises her own dance classes and usually has had people helping her teach the dances.

Lisa? The biomedical engineer from univ of ark? Is her dance teaching/studio  a side hustle?

5 hours ago, sATL said:

Lisa? The biomedical engineer from univ of ark? Is her dance teaching/studio  a side hustle?

Yes that's her. I think she does medical sales or something like that as a main job but teaches and choreographs on the side. She also announced that she's been named Assistant Director of the Allen Americans Ice Angels, another pro team in the DFW area.

• Applause 1

re: kaitlyn legrand.  Episode just aired on Pluto. The Reddit site has a thread with disturbing news, dated 8 months ago. I just hope its not true.

Kelly's comment "people get pulled over all the time.." - we all know now how traumatizing, and sad to say sometimes deadly, that can be. 🙏

But I will share good news that also popped up, under that story-Ashlee's special man proposed - posted 20 hrs ago !! Are all of the available young men in Dallas?? Any available old men for the rest of us? 😁

Does  a unmarried/never married former DCC Exist??

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, sATL said:

Does  a unmarried/never married former DCC Exist??

Off the top of my head, Kash and Schram to name just two.  Unless one has been married and I've never read about it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, sATL said:

I thought KaShara got married during/shortly after the pandemic shut down. She's engaged, right?

She never got married. I don't know if she ever got engaged, but the last post she has on Insta with a guy who I assume was her bf, was from last summer. 

• Useful 1

Not sure where we were discussing it but the Season 5 calendar shoot was on Pluto today and Kelli said “everyone that is invited on the calendar shoot has at least one season under their belt with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. The trip is too fast and furious for us to bring…rookies you know the week or month they make the squad, it’s, it’s too much”.

• Useful 1
25 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Not sure where we were discussing it but the Season 5 calendar shoot was on Pluto today and Kelli said “everyone that is invited on the calendar shoot has at least one season under their belt with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. The trip is too fast and furious for us to bring…rookies you know the week or month they make the squad, it’s, it’s too much”.

Part of me felt they were being cheap by not inviting rookies. They could be of some help to the vets who are "working" and bond.  More tix and accomdatations for a TCC who make not make the team. they can walk the runway at Belk, but not in Mexico. When they traveled to hall of fame, I.m sure  K& J left instructions for them to have the rehearsal of their lives, so no rest for the weary..

• Love 1
21 hours ago, sATL said:

Part of me felt they were being cheap by not inviting rookies. They could be of some help to the vets who are "working" and bond.  More tix and accomdatations for a TCC who make not make the team. they can walk the runway at Belk, but not in Mexico. When they traveled to hall of fame, I.m sure  K& J left instructions for them to have the rehearsal of their lives, so no rest for the weary..

Calendar shoot used to be before auditions, so there were no “brand new just made the team” rookies to take 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Calendar shoot used to be before auditions, so there were no “brand new just made the team” rookies to take 

I think a season or two of MTT edited it with included K&J soundbites to make it look like calendar shoots were at the end of TC. In reality, they have always been in the off-season prior to tryouts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've been following the Broncos since Lily made their team and DBC actually does this... like this year they had auditions in late March/early April and then took their entire team (rookies and all) to calendar before starting their rehearsals. IMO that would be such a fun way to be welcomed onto the team and to bond with your teammates

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Re: the 3, 4, 5 yr try out ladies, ( cristianna, Brianna, et. al), did they try out and/or make other teams- nba, college, nfl, during all that time?  I understand the 1st audition trip may be just a fact finding tour to see how to better prepare next year.

Yes: no other team in the world has DCC style, but the experience & learning couldn't have hurt..  If the only time they did audition and performances was DCC auditions, then that is a lot of calendar time lost. I would think dancing in a college football stadium filled with 100,000+ people will help the performance and entertaining skills.

I can't remember the names who it was, but there were two college friends, where one made dcc the next year after college, and the other took a year off. When friend #2 came out to try for dcc, they both admitted she wasn't as fast learning dances, anymore.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Re: the 3, 4, 5 yr try out ladies, ( cristianna, Brianna, et. al), did they try out and/or make other teams- nba, college, nfl, during all that time?  

I can't remember the names who it was, but there were two college friends, where one made dcc the next year after college, and the other took a year off. When friend #2 came out to try for dcc, they both admitted she wasn't as fast learning dances, anymore.

I think it is commonplace for DCC candidates to try for Allen American Ice Angels and Dallas Ice Stars if they are cut from DCC auditions. Kristin is the most recent DCC I can think of. She was cut from auditions/TC, made the ice angels, then returned and made DCC.

The friend from college storyline you mention was Holly H. Her friend auditioned a year or two after her after taking a break, but she ended up being cut from TC.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, ...And5678 said:

I've been following the Broncos since Lily made their team and DBC actually does this... like this year they had auditions in late March/early April and then took their entire team (rookies and all) to calendar before starting their rehearsals. IMO that would be such a fun way to be welcomed onto the team and to bond with your teammates

DCC used to do that until rookie Sarah Shahi got the cover and quit the squad:)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

DCC used to do that until rookie Sarah Shahi got the cover and quit the squad:)

Sarah said in an interview she cheered "less than a season". 

There was a girl, Taylor Paige who cheered with Brandi Kilby on the 2010 Laker Girls. She ended leaving the team early on for an acting career. She had a lead role on that VH-1 show Hit The Floor.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

There was a girl, Taylor Paige who cheered with Brandi Kilby on the 2010 Laker Girls. She ended leaving the team early on for an acting career. She had a lead role on that VH-1 show Hit The Floor.

I LOVED that show!

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, WenD08 said:

Can anyone name all the DCC show group members in this pic?  It’s from either the 2005 or 2006 seasons - http://www.boxnews.com.ua/en/photo/23076/Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders-Show-Group

Thanks!🙏🏾!

Jennifer Nix, Nicole Hamilton, Brooke Sorenson, Starr Spangler, Tobie Percival

Emma Dawson???, Christina Parker, Megan Fox, Sarah Gourley, Kandi Harris

Monica Moore, Elizabeth Davis, Justine Phillips, Makenzi Swicegood

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/18/2022 at 12:24 PM, RedDelicious said:

Mrs. Teasley!

adding in @dariafan

🙏Rest in peace to the family of Joe E. Tata, the actor best known for playing Peach Pit diner owner Nat...story posted Thu, August 25, 2022 

( story

Edited by sATL
  • Sad 5
On 8/24/2022 at 11:39 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I just rewatched part of season 7 (2012) and there was this scene where Kelli walked into the stadium during practice, said she had a big surprise and then said she bought 20 tickets for the vets to go to Mexico to do the photoshoot and that the rookies were to stay and practise.  The disappointment clearly showed on the rookie's faces. I always thought this a bit mean. If she'd only said she wanted to see the veterans because she had a surprise for them? That would have made a huge difference.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I just rewatched part of season 7 (2012) and there was this scene where Kelli walked into the stadium during practice, said she had a big surprise and then said she bought 20 tickets for the vets to go to Mexico to do the photoshoot and that the rookies were to stay and practise.  The disappointment clearly showed on the rookie's faces. I always thought this a bit mean. If she'd only said she wanted to see the veterans because she had a surprise for them? That would have made a huge difference.

Another for the show moment cause the shoot had been done months earlier 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

That personality test they did in the season Amy and Maddy were point, I just don't get..

1. they have stated a rookies job is to listen and follow. So that would nullify whatever the test was trying to show
  2. the group leader s and their 2nd is based on ability and seniority  - I don't see K&J changing that, because a consultant said so.
  3. To assemble the rest of the group members, I'm sure K&J worry more about the strengths of each person ( ie you don't want all of the firecrackers in one group) and stuff like veteran to rookie ratio, height, etc
  4. They all have the same job/role - dance, as as a team one team. Those tests seem to make better sense when there is a mix of diff jobs/skillsets within the a team
  5. In one the of the conference room sessions, it was the first I heard that they have  only 24 hrs to process the emotional loss when someone is cut. I think it was Bridget who said she needs longer. So if there are "guidelines" on how long to mourn a loss, what's the point of anyone displaying one of the 4 characteristics, as Kelli might change or restrict it?
Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jennifer Nix, Nicole Hamilton, Brooke Sorenson, Starr Spangler, Tobie Percival

Emma Dawson???, Christina Parker, Megan Fox, Sarah Gourley, Kandi Harris

Monica Moore, Elizabeth Davis, Justine Phillips, Makenzi Swicegood

Thank you, Scorpio1031👍🏾If I could ask, was Deryn Derbigny on show group that same year?  She performed at a CMT event with other show group members but isn’t in this pic.  Thank you for any responses.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WenD08 said:

Thank you, Scorpio1031👍🏾If I could ask, was Deryn Derbigny on show group that same year?  She performed at a CMT event with other show group members but isn’t in this pic.  Thank you for any responses.

According to the fandom site - Deryn, Misty Duncan and Becca Gambel were also on show group that year:)

• Wink 1

Vivian's new job? From her FB:

Vivian Ralena Williams

Hey Everyone!! I recently became a client Advisor for Louis Vuitton

I just wanted to let y’all know if you ever needed anything LV, please feel free to reach out to me to ask if I can get it ordered for you!

Here are some fun new collectors items that we just got in, they are soooo cute - especially for those of y’all who love the BLUE&BLUE (aka my Kappa Ladies )

Let me know!! And have a FABULOUS Saturday!!!

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Vivian's new job? From her FB:

Vivian Ralena Williams

Hey Everyone!! I recently became a client Advisor for Louis Vuitton

I just wanted to let y’all know if you ever needed anything LV, please feel free to reach out to me to ask if I can get it ordered for you!

Here are some fun new collectors items that we just got in, they are soooo cute - especially for those of y’all who love the BLUE&BLUE (aka my Kappa Ladies )

Let me know!! And have a FABULOUS Saturday!!!

Louis Vuitton selections need a client advisor? People need help in finding high end merchandise, in the age of SM?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Louis Vuitton selections need a client advisor? People need help in finding high end merchandise, in the age of SM?

I thought it was pretty ridiculous when I saw that. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

As an LV Lover, yes.  Yes they do.  Congrats to her and I hope the job works out well for her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/22/2022 at 5:25 PM, sATL said:

RE: solo at final audition round

Did the weighing or criteria of the solo performance change, for the better as the seasons went on?

I remember a scene where kitty blasted someone for bringing in an tree to her clinic, that they really didn't utilize into the routine. I kinda feel the same way about some of the "extras".

It was the redhead Emma, I think.  I love how Kitty tears her apart for bringing in the tree prop, saying it "wasted my damn time."  Then Emma goes to finals and Kelli says "how cute is that little tree?!"  It's like the editors were trying to show the disconnect between Kitty and the final auditions 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, 88Keys said:

It was the redhead Emma, I think.  I love how Kitty tears her apart for bringing in the tree prop, saying it "wasted my damn time."  Then Emma goes to finals and Kelli says "how cute is that little tree?!"  It's like the editors were trying to show the disconnect between Kitty and the final auditions 

I thought it was Jamie, the one who's now in Miami cheering for the Dolphins. Doesn't she make cupcakes or something?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought it was Jamie, the one who's now in Miami cheering for the Dolphins. Doesn't she make cupcakes or something?

It was Jaime who used the tree prop. She retired from the MDC in 2020 after 3 seasons. She got engaged to a WI guy and they just bought a house there. According to her website she did move her cupcakes business with her. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

The rookie DCC , who wss in Jackie Bob group, and was late for the bus to her 1st game- did Kelly cut her at auditions the following year?

That was Jordan Daigle, she cheered for 3 seasons (2012-2014). That must've been a one-time occurrence!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

It was Jaime who used the tree prop. She retired from the MDC in 2020 after 3 seasons. She got engaged to a WI guy and they just bought a house there. According to her website she did move her cupcakes business with her. 

What is the website? Looking at cupcakes is no calories😂

• Love 1

Passing deep thought...with the plethora of choreographers we've seen , and haven't seen, no one hasn't developed (or suggested) another entrance dance (the 5 yards with left ball of foot on the line part), that still looks professional, classy, organized, while also being easy to do, learn and teach? Sometimes I wonder if everyone's ( Judy and the TCCs) aggravation is worth the trouble. After so many years, I would be looking to lessen some of the job stresses, where I could. 😁

Traditions are great, but they can be changed too; sometimes for the better, to keep it fresh and current.

I wonder if marching bands directors have as much trouble with field formations.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I wonder if marching bands directors have as much trouble with field formations

When I was in HS band front that was the toughest part. I was always recipient of "LINES!!!!" 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I'm trying to explain the Jenna/Holly mess to someone on Facebook.  How many years had Jenna cheered when the player dating happened?

20 hours ago, ByTor said:

When I was in HS band front that was the toughest part. I was always recipient of "LINES!!!!" 😂

My little brother marched with the HS band for 5 yrs (one as an 8th grader).  He tells the story of the director being so mad about "lines" that he threw a clipboard off the back of some bleachers (the students were practicing on a parking lot behind the baseball field)

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
formatting
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I'm trying to explain the Jenna/Holly mess to someone on Facebook.  How many years had Jenna cheered when the player dating happened?

My little brother marched with the HS band for 5 yrs (one as an 8th grader).  He tells the story of the director being so mad about "lines" that he threw a clipboard off the back of some bleachers (the students were practicing on a parking lot behind the baseball fields)

Jenna was in her sixth season.

Watching the DCC on the field brings back memories. A year of marching band and two years of drill team has me🤨at the screen.  Lines are critical, I get Judy on this. We got from line to line in eight cts.  Peripheral vision helped to keep up with the squad, you didn’t want to be out of line and get called out.  
Those TCC that have been on other NFL squads, I expect them to get the field easier and quicker based on their experience.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WenD08 said:

Jenna was in her sixth season.

Watching the DCC on the field brings back memories. A year of marching band and two years of drill team has me🤨at the screen.  Lines are critical, I get Judy on this. We got from line to line in eight cts.  Peripheral vision helped to keep up with the squad, you didn’t want to be out of line and get called out.  
Those TCC that have been on other NFL squads, I expect them to get the field easier and quicker based on their experience.

sent u a PM

• Like 1
On 8/23/2022 at 4:42 PM, sATL said:

re: kaitlyn legrand.  Episode just aired on Pluto. The Reddit site has a thread with disturbing news, dated 8 months ago. I just hope its not true.

Edited by Rita J
No new info on the topic

I also was a member of marching band for 4 years.  Our director yelled lines, guide, & 8 to 5 meaning 8 steps to 5 yards. I thought I did wonderfully well but was an alternate for a few games my freshman year.  But the WORST marching I ever saw was when I went to what was called a soft indoctrination for the Air Force in 1971.  This was made up of drafted doctors, veterinarians etc and then nurses who volunteered. Those doctors could restart a heart or do lifesaving surgery but couldn’t March to save their souls!  We had to March in formation to the base flagpole for the flag lowering. It was a mess. Plus no n liked saluting or doing all the things that just seemed so alien to our previous life!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/23/2022 at 2:42 PM, sATL said:

2 hours ago, Rita J said:

Wuuuut??? What happened?? Can you or someone else link this Reddit? 🙏🙏🙏💔

It was the same old story - drug use, shoplifting charge, a mugshot dated from 2016. I don't think there has been an update on Kaitlyn since that time. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

It was the same old story - drug use, shoplifting charge, a mugshot dated from 2016. I don't think there has been an update on Kaitlyn since that time. 

So glad it was nothing new

Edited by Rita J
Wrong emoji
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

Confident I've mentioned this a thousand times but it is such a fond memory - when I was in college our marching band used to warm up for Saturday games in the parking lot behind my apartment. They did Jurassic Park for the field show and every Saturday I'd wake up to the theme song and it was awesome. Our marching band was amazing. #incomparable

Lines for the field entrance seem like they'd be simple enough to take home and practice and I never understood why the cheerleaders didn't seem to do that outside of scheduled rehearsals. Start slow, walk it and then build up speed (but DON'T SKIP). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1