Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

I think Matt’s pictures look good because someone else is usually taking them. Generally, everyone looks composed and equally important in the photo; whereas, a lot of Amy’s are just a haphazard pic of her face with some people in the background LOL.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Matt's a little hummer.  He always get's her done.

I'm guessing TLC paid the crew to clean up the barn for the big wedding.  A cleaning that would have cost lots of money but Matt said yes to the wedding and TLC paid for cleanup and I'm pretty sure getting the grounds in perfect order.

Matt is smart and anybody underestimating him is beyond dreaming!  He's a business man through and through.

Roloff Farms is the best it's ever been!

• Love 8
On 8/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Maybe that's what Chris likes so much, Matt being a little hummer on his lap. ;)

that could be. in a earlier post mis read i was refering  to matt

Well, Pumpkin Season is being advertised with some interesting changes. Tickets do have to be purchased in advice still, although there's no time restrictions on a day ticket. Face masks are recommended, all staff will be masked. Tickets now include a wagon ride - that used to involve a separate fee. Parking is now free.

However, tickets cost 24 dollars per person. Ages 3 and up pay full price. So, 96 dollars for a family of four. Thats a bit pricy for what Roloff Farms is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Matt is not supposed to "whine about" the cumulative years he spent flat on his back (or front) alone a hospital bed as a child to say nothing - because he's said nothing - of the bullying and discrimination HE no doubt endured, yet has never found necessarily to use an an excuse for character flaws as a middle-aged adult. 

Matt never lets anyone forget his childhood of torture. I've known many people with disabilities and its very rare to hear the backstory complete with how much pain they were in or how they were shown the bone knives before surgery as a child or how they were ripped from their mother's breast after being born, or how they spent the entire third grade in the hospital and thats why they don't spell so good (Matt has actually trotting this out as an excuse for his own spelling errors, that and how his hands are so deformed).

I personally have no doubt Matt dealt with bullies if for no other reason than I dealt with bullies as a child - we probably all did - and kids being little amoral psychopaths, there was a lot more about Matt to bully over. That said, Matt clearly knows how to play the "ima widdle cripple" card and does so in order to get sympathy. How many times has Matt said his neighbors are against his success because *he's a dwarf*? Go watch the early episodes because this does come up. Matt also has said the county is against him *because he's a dwarf*. There was even a lawsuit that he lost on this topic - the Noah's ark lawsuit where the only thing found in Matt's favor was that the inspector did trespass.... but none of the constitutional discrimination claims. Matt also sued a prior employer for discrimination in firing him even though he was ranked 50th out of 50 because yeah, he's a dwarf and they hate dwarfs and yes, he lost that one too. Matt always puts disagreement with his wants and needs as people hating on him because he's a dwarf but in fact there's a lot of reasons, for example, that the county has some problems with his structures that have nothing to do with his short stature. 

When it gets Matt something, he's "dying" - that occured numerous times over Matt's various health issues, to where he's insisting on his way on things because he's not gonna live so long or he'll be in a wheel chair soon. If he's asked to do something he doesn't want to do - oh his bones are aching, he's in constant pain poor poor Matt being asked to do something when he's soooo hurting. But when Matt wants to do something fun for himself, funny how all the bone aches and tiredness disappears. The classic example is travel - Matt HATES travel because its sooo hard on his tired tuckered out little body, all he wants is his farm, and if you insist he travels it better be someplace where he can sit in the sun because he's in sooo much pain. But if Matt *wants* to go - then he's jetting off to China or Belize or the Caribbean happy as a clam to be on his scooter sightseeing and showing us all how resilient he is without the family. 

Which is it, the sad little cripple working so hard for the ungrateful family (Matt's never ever hesitated to throw his family under the bus for a pity party) or jetsetting all smiles "I need fun in the sun with a drink in hand" Matt?

So yeah, I don't believe all his whining because when he's pleasuring himself, his many many health issues never get in the way. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

If Matt knows what's good for him, he will get that stuff put away before the 28th🤣or he will never hear the end of it!

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.42.40 PM.png

Well, if Amy can have a cutout of Chris at her bridal shower, why can't Matt have a (taller-than-normal) cutout of Amy for the Halloween festivities at the farm?  We all know how she loves her costumes.  Looks like she found a demented Joker get-up for this year.  LOL. 

• LOL 3
9 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Disabled people aren't saints. I know disabled people with terrible personalities. But disabilities aren't easy. Maybe I feel this way because I have had hearing loss all my life and wear hearing aids. 

Considering ALL Matt has had to put up with all his life (not all disability-related) and the positive spirit he still manages to exhibit, I'd say he's pretty close to one.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Considering ALL Matt has had to put up with all his life (not all disability-related) and the positive spirit he still manages to exhibit, I'd say he's pretty close to one.  

The more we see of Amy the more we like Matt!  He surely put up with a s…load of BS from her!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Hehehe old Saint Matt of the Bloody Trebuchet. What exactly is his claim to sainthood? Poor little diddums had a bad marriage?

Any chance at all that poor little diddums Matt who liked to lie to his wife about money (admitted to several times on screen) might have been part of the problem there? 

How about poor little diddums Matt refusing marriage counseling? (In the court docs for the noah's ark case) Might he have contributed to the problem?

The bailing on trips? Noting publically he didn't want to be bothered with attending his eldest sons high school graduation? Did that nudge him to sainthood?

Poor little diddums Matt had such a bad marriage he couldn't leave? I mean we're kidding about sainthood but these people aren't catholic. If poor Matt was so miserable from day one, as he's been claiming, divorce is perfectly legal. Instead he chose to bang his hated wife repeatedly and have children.

Frankly Matt seemed pretty happy with his marriage until there was some money in his pockets. Up until about season 5 he was pawing Amy as much as Chris. 

Matt is way too selfish about himself to be a saint, but thanks for the laughs :)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The more we see of Amy the more we like Matt!  He surely put up with a s…load of BS from her!

Exactly and if Matt was such a horrible bastard why did Amy fight so hard to keep him and cry like a sap after HE moved out?
Amy is a bitter little pill just like her nasty old father and no man will ever live up to her expectations, she’s already gotten pissy with Chris and they aren’t even married yet…. good thing that Chris seems to have the patience of Job because he’ll need it to stay married to that bossy, cranky, gross little troll.

Meanwhile I’ve never seen Matt look so carefree, relaxed and happy…. he’s living his best life! 👍🏻

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly and if Matt was such a horrible bastard why did Amy fight so hard to keep him and cry like a sap after HE moved out?

Because she had a normal reaction to her husband walking out on the family after 25 years.  I know some here like to act like Matt and Amy hated each other from the day they married but the reality was that they wouldn't have been able to stay married if the situation was as bad as we saw it in the last year of their marriage.

Also, Amy is very clearly has traditional views of her role as a woman - she is supposed to be, as a woman, first a wife and a mother and then whatever else. The husband leaving is failure and destruction of all she valued at the time. A lot of women have the reaction she had.

Matt, with his immediate "I'm happy now, and I was NEVER happy in my marriage" and his complete utter lack of concern about how the kids would handle it is the one having the odd reaction when they divorced. What did he say to Amy? "I'll go to Hawaii and you can call me when there's grandkids"? Think about the man being called Saint Matt for a moment and ask yourself, does a man who LOVES his kids tell them to go screw until they manage to produce grandchildren? Grandsons, really.

Being emotionally dead to the situation except to crow about how personally happy he was to be free of the family wasn't really a normal reaction to leaving one's wife. 

• Love 7

One of a few pics on Matt's Instagram.  Seems like he is working hard along with friends to get the farm Wedding and Pumpkin Season ready.  Matt and Chris together again!  LOL!

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 9.47.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 9.49.31 AM.png

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

One of a few pics on Matt's Instagram.  Seems like he is working hard along with friends to get the farm Wedding and Pumpkin Season ready.  Matt and Chris together again!  LOL!

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 9.47.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 9.49.31 AM.png

He'd better hurry and get done so he and Caryn can get off the farm before the wedding to which they are not invited.  LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Can someone clarify the reason for the two structures on the farm….one the original barn that’s been there for the other weddings and the new structure that appears to have large doors…it’s pictured upthread on Matt’s Instagram link with a ladder leaning in front.  Is that extra seating, reception area?

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone clarify the reason for the two structures on the farm….one the original barn that’s been there for the other weddings and the new structure that appears to have large doors…it’s pictured upthread on Matt’s Instagram link with a ladder leaning in front.  Is that extra seating, reception area?

It's Matt's new garage to go with his new house when it's built (they'll be attached).  Meanwhile, it's a wedding "prep" room, presumably.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

My guess is that something new is coming to Roloff farms.

All this sprucing, cleaning and some building with TLC money is another something big Matt's preparing for next season.

Unless pumpkin season is much bigger than I imagine it to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

BE5CB41B-307E-4C51-999F-B3717094E5FE.jpeg

I wasn't sure where to put this, if this isn’t the right spot please feel free to move it.

What a sweet little baby boy.  She is so good to Matt's grandchildren she's just the perfect grandma.  So excited for her. 

• Love 13

I came across several  pictures  of their 25 anniversary celebration and he said 25 years ago I married an amazing woman. Amy looked pretty with her hair in a French twist. Black simple dress so it wasn’t the event at the farm where she wore her wedding dress and he wore a rappers outfit and did a rap about it. They were on a talk show the following year so together so that year 26. He was dipping his pen in the company in by then. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Amy has no reason to lie.

Matt's never denied Amy's public allegations. 

Matt could easily sue Amy for what she published in her book and has not.

There's been plenty of circumstantial evidence discussed over the years. 

Is there any proof Amy is lying?

• Love 5

Ever hear the expression, "I won't dignify that with an answer"?

If I were Matt, I wouldn't deign to roll in the mud with Amy, either.

Let her vindictive lips flap in the wind if it makes her feel better!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Yet his most recent response was not that but that he felt Amy was leaving things out.

Again, any proof Amy is lying? Because Matt's recent comments sure suggest he isn't disagreeing out right, just with the details.

Both Matt and Amy have been bitter over this marriage. There's at least one e episode of Happy As A Pig In Slops Matt moaning how unfair it was that Amy got the house while he was stuck in the doublwwide. Was he lying?

• Love 6