Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It's happening, the pre work for the house is starting.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 5.43.53 PM.png

Matt just loves doing thing like this.  He's in heaven.  I'm not sure Zack will ever get it!

I am noticing in Matt and Caryns romance  Matt still gets that twinkle in his eye like when he pisses Amy off.  But he doesn't do the digging to Caryn and I think the reason is because Caryn treats him so lovingly.

Whereas with Chris and Amy she's dying to go in for the kill but holds herself back possibly waiting for the wedding.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

I don't think Caryn was BFF with Amy, toady Lisa-level.  I think they were "friendly" boss and employee. 

I think Caryn has been on camera repeatedly stating she and Amy were friends, not friendly boss and employee but *friends*. She is usually doing it to justify how she's the victim in whatever Amy is upset about. She's the one insisting there was more there, and she's the one who thought grabbing her friend's husband for a relationship immediately after the divorce was appropriate. I think that's classless. 

Personally, I believe at some point their friendship probably turned into love -- everyone needs love, and Matt sure wasn't getting any at home -- and it may have constituted an emotional affair, but this damning "note" she references was likely after they separated but before the divorce, which was just a technicality at that point. 

If you read chapter 14 of Amy's book, you'll find this is not correct. Amy was suspicious years earlier and admits to ignoring it and keeping quiet because she was afraid of blowing up the family and not wanting to rock the boat, She also references messages and pictures that were inappropriate, not one damning note. 

Should an employee and boss not fall in love?  S-it happens!

It certainly does but shitting in public is classless. So is openly dating your boss and whining on camera over how you used to be such good friends with his wife and don't get what the issue is. As soon as they started dating, she should have been out of the business. Instead Matt got his jollies staging meetings with his ex wife and co-owner and his lover/employee - thats classy as fuck. 

Again, WHEN?  They had been separated for years before Amy (giving up, probably when she finally realized there was someone else) filed for divorce. 

Again, chapter 14 of Amy's book clearly states it was before the seperation. And in Oregon there is no fault assigned to the person who files first. They officially separated in Nov of 2013. 

Not to mention that the marriage had been dead for years before he moved out.

Its still cheating. 

I feel Amy was and is emotionally abusive

I think they were both emotionally abusive. It's still cheating. 

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

They officially separated in Nov of 2013. 

That was eight years ago.  I hope Chris nurtures Henry the Fish half as tenderly as Amy nurtures this offense.

(struggling to picture Amy demurely "trying not to rock the boat")

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, all4mom2 said:

That was eight years ago.  I hope Chris nurtures Henry the Fish half as tenderly as Amy nurtures this offense.

Well, for all Matt is supposedly over the marriage, funny how he's pulling a passive aggressive stunt with building the house after saying he wouldn't until after the wedding.

Shouldn't Matt stop nurturing his offense? It's been eight years and he's still pulling douchebag stunts :)

• Love 7

We don't know what is really happening.  They could be cutting the wood and then storing it someplace till after the wedding.   I am sure it will all be fine for the wedding.  

• Love 10

Its gameplaying and Matt knows exactly what he's doing, he's whipping up the ex. He's not over the marriage by a long shot. I suspect it grinds his gears every month he writes a check to his lien holder ;)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Whereas with Chris and Amy she's dying to go in for the kill but holds herself back possibly waiting for the wedding.

To me Chris always sounds like he’s walking on egg shells… he’s always very careful when he’s trying to give her some advice… and still her eyes will flash with anger and she often snaps and he immediately fiddles with her clothing and treats her like a small child… petting her hair or wiping her eyes.

the odd time he’s actually critical she tells him to shut up

1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

We don't know what is really happening.  They could be cutting the wood and then storing it someplace till after the wedding.   I am sure it will all be fine for the wedding.  

Exactly he’s preparing the lumber, cutting logs into planks and the foundation/footings are low to the ground I doubt they’re even visible from the wedding barn and this is July 2  the wedding isn’t until Aug 28… is Matt supposed to stop all activity on his property for the next 2 months?? 

hes also planting flowers and making the area look nice for her wedding, hardly a “douchebag stunt” 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He's also planting flowers and making the area look nice for her wedding, hardly a “douchebag stunt” 

I wonder if he's planting poison ivy on either side of aisle outside of the barn, as a tribute to her personality.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly he’s preparing the lumber, cutting logs into planks and the foundation/footings are low to the ground I doubt they’re even visible from the wedding barn and this is July 2  the wedding isn’t until Aug 28… is Matt supposed to stop all activity on his property for the next 2 months?? 

He literally promised Chris he wouldn't start until after the wedding. But Matt and Matt's word are two very different things. Matt offered the farm so Matt could play mind games. Matt is clearly not over his marriage to Amy. 

If building starting whenever is that important - don't offer the farm to begin and don't promise things you aren't actually willing to do. 

• Love 4

Again, none of us is there, none of us know what is going on, none of us knows them personally (at least I don't think).  All of it remains to be seen when the new season starts or the wedding special whichever comes first.  

1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Matt is clearly not over his marriage to Amy.

If he wanted her he would have stayed with her.  

• Love 11
Just now, LucyEth said:

Amy signed off on the divorce but is constantly declared to not be over Matt. Matt constantly interejects himself into his ex wife's life but somehow is perfectly over it.... Nope, he's clearly still carrying some Amy baggage and his constant attention to her life is a huge sign. Likewise someone not being able to stop picking the scab of his divorce... its a sign.

3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Again, none of us is there, none of us know what is going on, none of us knows them personally (at least I don't think).  All of it remains to be seen when the new season starts or the wedding special whichever comes first.  

We're allowed to discuss what Matt is doing and what game playing douchery he's up to in the Matt thread. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Amy signed off on the divorce but is constantly declared to not be over Matt. Matt constantly interejects himself into his ex wife's life but somehow is perfectly over it.... Nope, he's clearly still carrying some Amy baggage and his constant attention to her life is a huge sign. Likewise someone not being able to stop picking the scab of his divorce... its a sign.

We're allowed to discuss what Matt is doing and what game playing douchery he's up to in the Matt thread. 

Yes and we are also allowed to disagree and state our own opinions and thoughts without it being stated as fact.

• Love 8
(edited)
35 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Its gameplaying and Matt knows exactly what he's doing, he's whipping up the ex. 

Matt likes to push Amy's buttons for fun and sport (after all, she makes it too easy) -- or more likely for ratings -- but I don't get the sense that there's any deep emotion behind it unlike when Amy deals with or even talks about Matt.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 9
Just now, all4mom2 said:

Matt likes to push Amy's buttons for fun and sport (after all, she makes it too easy) -- or more likely for ratings -- but I don't get the sense that there's any deep emotion behind it unlike when Amy deals with or every talks about Matt.

I simply disagree. Pushing her buttons "for fun and sport" is basically Matt choosing to be cruel... especially if he knows its too easy. In kindergarten, pushing buttons for fun and sport is bullying. Matt clearly gets a charge out of it - therefore Matt's not over his wife if he can't resist delighting in making her unhappy. 

• Love 6

Or he knows what makes for good reality tee-vee.  No one can say Matt isn't savvy!  And who's to say Amy isn't in on it?  After all, doesn't it have us all in a dither here?  ;)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Or he knows what makes for good reality tee-vee. 

I mean sure, being cruel to the ex wife does get ratings. 

8 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

No one can say Matt isn't savvy! 

Well, I've often said if you dangle a dollar Matt Roloff will bend over and spread his cheeks. But taking a check for being an intentional ass to the ex wife still makes me think he's not over the ex. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Exactly… Matt couldn’t hippity hop out of her house quick enough! 😋

He moved his ass to the DW and never looked back, Amy is like a toxic waste dump of anger… she doesn’t want Chris around Matt because the more time Chris spends with Matt the better he likes him… Matt’s a fun guy who always has interesting projects going on and Chris seems to like that… Amy is a boring old shrew and a sourpuss…. Blech!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He moved his ass to the DW and never looked back,

Except you know, for spending years prying Amy off the property and then building a new house because the old one was "ruined" by Amy.

And you know, trying to be best friends with the ex's new boyfriend, and banging the ex's supposed friend and continuing to employ the friend who he dates so he can force the ex and the new girlfriend to interact. And when he's finally rid of the ex by buying out her interest in the property, he then invites her to use the property for an event that he knows will be fussy and full of details and will infringe on his own use of the land until its over. 

Honestly if Amy is obsessed with Matt because she talks about the farm, then Matt is surely as obsessed because he's had AMPLE opportunity to excise her from his life and doesn't. Seems like he can't let go. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly… Matt couldn’t hippity hop out of her house quick enough! 😋

He moved his ass to the DW and never looked back, Amy is like a toxic waste dump of anger… she doesn’t want Chris around Matt because the more time Chris spends with Matt the better he likes him… Matt’s a fun guy who always has interesting projects going on and Chris seems to like that… Amy is a boring old shrew and a sourpuss…. Blech!

Exactly Joan, Matt's finally free to enjoy his projects without a sour seahag shitting on every idea.

hag.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

Exactly Joan, Matt's finally free to enjoy his projects without a sour seahag shitting on every idea.

hag.jpg

Poor Sea Hag being compared to Amy! 😂

Matt’s enjoying doing whatever the hell he wants and spending whatever he wants and he doesn’t have to listen to Amy flap her gums…. She’s Chris’s nightmare now. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I think a lot of this animosity between Amy and Matt is scripted for the show. If this didn't exist, how interesting would this program continue to be? Not very, IMO. Viewers watch partly for the drama. All this fuss about finding a wedding venue??? Since Amy is so religious, why not get married in a church and rent the church hall for their reception? Done and done. No drama involved..no searching on camera, no Matt involved. Like I said,....all for the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, floridamom said:

I think a lot of this animosity between Amy and Matt is scripted for the show. If this didn't exist, how interesting would this program continue to be? Not very, IMO. Viewers watch partly for the drama. All this fuss about finding a wedding venue??? Since Amy is so religious, why not get married in a church and rent the church hall for their reception? Done and done. No drama involved..no searching on camera, no Matt involved. Like I said,....all for the show.

I agree with this. Although I do think that Amy has a lot of animosity towards Matt, I don't think that is a put on for the show. 

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

But taking a check for being an intentional ass to the ex wife still makes me think he's not over the ex. 

Or maybe it's just a little payback for all the years the ex was an ass to him?

Edited by Jenny8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Maybe.. but if its payback then he's certainly not completely over his ex, now is he?

Yes, he is.  If he weren't, he would be happy in another relationship.  See: Amy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Disagree. Someone completely over his ex wife wouldn't need, desire, or engage in payback.

He would if it increased ratings or got them another season; show Matt (or Amy) a dollar!

• Love 8

Yeah, I think Matt has Amy taking up a lot of headspace in his head. Too many comments and actions indicate he's never letting go of his anger and annoyance.

Mind you, I'd love to see Matt do the show without Amy and without being allowed to mention Amy. I don't think he could do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yet he was discussing Amy in the video on the atv.... Sure seems hung up on the ex

I think people want to hear him mention Amy's wedding.  A few people were commenting on both his "lives" on instagram about Amy's request not to build.  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think people want to hear him mention Amy's wedding.  A few people were commenting on both his "lives" on instagram about Amy's request not to build.  

Yes; I got the impression that whoever was filming asked him about it.  If he's faking his happiness with his life now, he's quite the actor!

Good to see Jer and Zach together again. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I think people want to hear him mention Amy's wedding.  A few people were commenting on both his "lives" on instagram about Amy's request not to build

Yet even though people do mention Matt on Amy's little talks, this is NOT a factor and Amy is deemed to be NOT OVER her ex. That's what I am not getting here. Matt talks about Amy all the time, usually in a snide negative fashion as he did in this video, and people insist "he's totally over her, he's HAPPY and glad she's gone and NEVER thinks of her" but when Amy does the same thing. she's a bitter bitch obsessed with her ex.

For the record, I don't think he's faking being happy - he was always happy when he was being an asshole picking on members of his family and getting his way. 

• Love 7

I think its patently obvious that Matt and Amy both have a lot of issues with each other and haven't let things go at all. Matt shows it by ragging on Amy in his little videos and by constantly inviting her into his life despite the divorce.  Matt gets all these kudos for being a big money maker while Amy is supposedly counting every penny... but he's the one offering up his precious farm for Amy's pleasure... and for TLC dollars. There's a disconnect here, because if we believe the "Every deal Matt makes is a huge money maker" silliness (I call it silly because his "big money making deals" are usually pie in the sky things or not actually money making deals - the "furniture deal" that appears to really be "Matt bought some custom chairs for himself") then Matt really shouldn't *need* to bend over and take it in the ass for TLC money, and yet there he is, letting Amy use the farm "for free". You do understand that while he's lauded for being so generous, he's actually getting a big check right?

But at the end of the day, if Matt wanted to be free of Amy, he could be. He owns the property so he can lock the gate and never let her on the property again. By his own bragging, and his fans bragging, his deals supposedly make big money so he shouldn't *need* to spread his cheeks and take it in the ass for TLC dollars and yet he allows the torture of constant Amy contact. For someone who would be happy to live his best life, he really can't seem to let Amy go. He doesn't need the show, he doesn't need the money, so why is Amy  constantly a factor in his life?

• Love 4

" so why is Amy  constantly a factor in his life?"  Maybe because they have four children together and will for that reason always be a part of each other's lives whether they wish it or not?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, winsomeone said:

Maybe because they have four children together and will for that reason always be a part of each other's lives whether they wish it or not?

Yet this is not a factor when Amy is discussed. Amy is always obsessed and not over her man, and that she's got four kids with him and will for that reason always be a part of each other's lives whether she wishes it or not is NOT an excuse - she is deemed obsessed and not over her ex. Matt gets excused even when he's rather negative and cutting as in this recent video but Amy? Clearly not over her marriage. That she has children with him is not an excuse. That fans ask about Matt is not an excuse. But with Matt its absolutely an excuse. All the factors that people cite Amy for being obsessed with her ex are excused when Matt's exhibiting the behaviors. 

Personally? I don't find it unusual that Matt, like Amy, is hung up a bit on his ex. I just find it odd that the same behaviors from Amy = obsessed and not over it while Matt is cited as completely over it and so so happy!

I'd also respectfully point out that walking away from 25 years of marriage and four kids with a grin on your face and a "I'm perfectly happy!" is a really odd emotional reaction. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Regardless of how often who mentions whom and in what context or for what reason, the vibe Matt gives off is happy and a bit bemused whereas the vibe Amy gives off is angry and bitter.  The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference...

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Regardless of how often who mentions whom and in what context or for what reason,

Actually these things do matter. 

2 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference...

Matt isn't indifferent, thats the problem. Someone who was indifferent wouldn't be inviting the ex to use his property and then making snarky comments to the public about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

What was snarky?  I heard him say, the house would be finished by the wedding date in one video and then in the other he said he put in something to make it prettier for the wedding.  Did I miss something?

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Maybe. At about 3:42 in the one where he's on the atv filming, he's snickering how he promised to Chris and Amy to have the building "lets just say not under construction" for the the wedding, with laughter. Then he notes that there's always unforeseen situations that cause problems, that covid was interrupting the supply chain, and that they might need a miracle, all with chuckling. 

Now, again, I think Amy was foolish to accept the farm offer, but Matt saying building wouldn't start until after the wedding and then starting building 7 weeks prior and tee heeing how it might take a miracle is a wee bit snarky. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Regardless of how often who mentions whom and in what context or for what reason, the vibe Matt gives off is happy and a bit bemused whereas the vibe Amy gives off is angry and bitter.  The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference...

I think you are right it is the vibe that makes the difference.  I think Matt is happy with his life and has been for a while.  I think he really really stopped caring what Amy did after she left the farm. The only thing I think he cares about in regards to Amy is the part she plays in keeping the show on the air and the fact they do have kids together so they all have to be somewhat cordial.  Matt cares about the money.  Well, they all do, but I think he thinks the most about how to keep the show running.  Generally this season, when he’s asked a question about Amy or Amy and Chris, he laughs it off or deflects in a somewhat bemused way or even a “it isn’t my problem anymore” way.  I really don’t think he gives a damn because he still has the show, the farm, Caryn, the kids, and grandkids.  

I think the reason Amy comes off as bitter and angry is because she thinks he had an affair.  It doesn’t matter whether he actually did or not (as it relates to this post) because it is what she believes. No one will ever change her mind and I think it frustrates her even more because I believe she wanted Matt to universally be deemed the “bad one”, but he never was.  Additionally, she was never really propped up as the “wronged one”, well maybe by Lisa. Then we throw in “the longtime girlfriend” is seemingly embraced by the whole family including the grandkids. She doesn’t understand why Matt gets to be “happy”.  He’s happy because he doesn’t give a fuck, he’s out there getting his picture taken at Grandpa’s log cabin and trying to figure out how to get up the stairs at Caryn’s to get laid.  I’m not saying he was neve angry, but it came across more as frustration.  While Amy came off as wanting to tackle Matt every time she walked into the DW.  

tenor.gif                                      

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8