Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: The Cryptobanker

• Start Topic

(edited)

That was so ...... boring.  And it wasn't even the Cryptobanker's (No. 160) fault.
At least the hacker was mildly entertaining.  Though I'm not sure exactly how the Cryptobanker got the hacker's laptop password.

Watching Lizzie in the Post Office all weepy because Red plead guilty was just painful to watch.

And that bad profile she did of Red in court was plain embarrassing.  Does the judge know that Liz is Red's daughter ?  Heck, we (the audience) aren't even sure of this anymore.

Even more embarrassing was the ham-handed escape attempt -- which, of course, Lizzie screws up.

And there's no way that Lizzie would get any face time with Red after an escape attempt, especially one where he assaulted the warden.

Still no sign or mention of Agnes or the dogs.  Even the "sister" didn't get a mention.  Heck, Dembe was barely in the episode.

At least Aram got some decent screen time.  Samar didn't even seem to be experiencing any post-traumatic issues -- are the writers just going to forget about that ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

....At least Aram got some decent screen time.  Samar didn't even seem to be experiencing any post-traumatic issues -- are the writers just going to forget about that ?

Spoiler

6x12   Mar 22, 2019 - Bastien Moreau: Conclusion (2)

Cooper puts his reputation on the line to appeal to the White House on Red's behalf, as Liz and the task force resume their search for The Corsican, a Blacklister with ties to an international conspiracy. Samar's abilities in the field are tested.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3

Note to bad guys everywhere:  Never, EVER tell your big bad that there's a problem and the police are on to you.  It never ends well for you.  On that point, inside the car killings always show a blood spatter on the window.  That means there's a hole in the victim's head.  That means that the bullet came out.  Where did it go? Not through the window, which remains intact.

At first I thought Dembe was flying the copter, and I said Whaaat?

There is a true story of an Allied POW (in Stalag Luft 3 of Great Escape fame, if I recall), who discovered that he resembled the Commandant.  He cobbled together enough clothes to resemble the guy, and waltzed right out through the front gate.  Unfortunately, the real boss came out of the office and, like Red, he got only a short ways down that road.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm happy Red's plan failed. Next time, consult Lex Luthor on successful prison escapes.

(On other shows) every time there's a foiled escape, they never call to chase the helicopter or get away car.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I'm happy Red's plan failed. Next time, consult Lex Luthor on successful prison escapes.

(On other shows) every time, there's a foiled escape they never a call to chase the helicopter or get away car.

Yeah, but we're probably going to find out that Red getting caught trying to escape was part of his 'master plan' from the beginning.

Meanwhile, Red sends the FBI on another errand as part of Red's season-long National Treasure-style search for whatever evidence that will exonerate him from all charges.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

(On other shows) every time, there's a foiled escape they never a call to chase the helicopter or get away car.

Particularly, as in this case, when the tail number is so easily visible and easily tracked.  In real life, this helicopter, N355AG, belongs to a company called Hover View, and their website shows a close up of that very same copter.  They specialize in aerial photography. 

For assaulting the warden and attempting to escape, wouldn't Red be placed in solitary confinement, instead of meandering with DUMB LIZZIE around the yard?

Depends.  Which is the worse punishment?

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yeah, but we're probably going to find out that Red getting caught trying to escape was part of his 'master plan' from the beginning.

Yes. I am sure he will find a way to avoid the execution. But it's nice to see him fail from time to time.

17 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Particularly, as in this case, when the tail number is so easily visible and easily tracked.  In real life, this helicopter, N355AG, belongs to a company called Hover View, and their website shows a close up of that very same copter.  They specialize in aerial photography. 

"Aerial photography" or "looking for his lost cat" could be Dembe's excuse if the police ever decided to follow him. He could mess up and say "we wanted to study the layout for Red's escape".

• Love 3

Red took a plea to protect the Task Force/not be labeled a snitch, and he allows an FBI agent who has obviously worked with him to testify on his behalf?

What would have been the explanation for Red having his 2 friends in the warden's office, handcuffed to the radiator or not? Clearly they must have helped him escape.

How did Red mess with the intercom?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1

Really Red your plans are running out of excuse and you just signed your own death warrant

As that of the whole entire task force needs to be brought down for helping him in particular Liz. Really she is grating on my nerves

Spoiler

I wonder if Liz is the big bad or that could be of anybody else like Harold, Donald, etc.

15 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Meanwhile, Red sends the FBI on another errand as part of Red's season-long National Treasure-style search for whatever evidence that will exonerate him from all charges.

He is in there to begin with because of Lizzie too. 

Not so much part of his master plan but he will work a way to benefit from it, somehow. It was a pretty clumsy attempt overall by someone like Red. A helicopter picking someone up outside a prison? Nope that won't get anyone's attention.

Ok, it was attempted at least once in real life that I know of, they actually flew the helicopter into the prison grounds from memory. 

11 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

What would have been the explanation for Red having his 2 friends in the warden's office, handcuffed to the radiator or not? Clearly they must have helped him escape.

The ruse was that Red was going to try to avert a strike by the prison laundry workers, and that his two fellow inmates would be best to talk to about that. So that's the explanation they could give as to why they were in the Warden's office. And Red instructed them to say that he (Red) then threatened their lives if they tried to stop him from escaping. So they were made to look completely 'innocent' in the whole scheme - as far as anyone knows, they were there to talk about the laundry strike.

• Love 3

Ok, so why the hell is Lizzie so broken up about Red again?

She thinks he’s not her pop, but a fake.

She is the one who put him in prison, what has changed since then?

He knows the whole truth but won’t tell her, so why care?

Shooting someone in a car without earplugs and your hearing will suffer!

The blacklisted guy knew the codes because he watched the input before killing him.

Still shitty writing, still hate watching.  Any more extrajudicial killings to come?

• Love 3

I'm confused and I suppose it all boils down to not paying enough attention, but does anyone have answers?

1.) What purpose did the cryptobanker serve?  It seemed like he was just an evil middleman between people with a lot of bitcoins and a banker that would do the actual laundering.  And do you really need someone to launder bitcoin?

2.) What was Lizzie's genius master plan that required Red being in prison?  Did they ever say?  Or did she just turn him in because she was mad and there wasn't a plan?

15 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm confused and I suppose it all boils down to not paying enough attention, but does anyone have answers?

1.) What purpose did the cryptobanker serve?  It seemed like he was just an evil middleman between people with a lot of bitcoins and a banker that would do the actual laundering.  And do you really need someone to launder bitcoin?

2.) What was Lizzie's genius master plan that required Red being in prison?  Did they ever say?  Or did she just turn him in because she was mad and there wasn't a plan?

I'm just a casual viewer as well because my wife watches. 

What was Lizzie's plan? I don't think there was one, unless for some weird reason she though he was safer there. Oddly enough he would have been able to escape if she didn't decide to visit him too! Yay Lizzie!

No idea what purpose the banker served. 

When this show started it had a bit of darkness to it but like so many American shows it has ended up as boring soap opera.