Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: The Ethicist

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

When Red is sent to a federal medical institution following his request to the court for a psychiatric evaluation, Liz and Jennifer use his time away to search for a Blacklister they believe may have valuable information about Red's past.

So, the sister is back.  Not sure where she has been hiding.  Vacay in Cabo, maybe ?

And Red is off to Missouri for a psych eval, but he is really there to meet a guy about a thing.  Seriously, there's no place local in DC they could do this ?

Lizzie: "That's no slip and fall."
Really Lizzie, after a glance at the body, you're absolutely positive it's not an accident.  Really ?
Lizzie doesn't even know who that woman is at this point.

Red sits down beside a guy in the psych building common room, a guy watching birds inside glass cage, birds that just might be finches, and Red says "Hello Atticus, it's been a while."  Atticus ?? Finches ??  Atticus Finch ??  Which of the writers came up with this original idea ?  Sure, Vermillion Flycatcher, whatever.

So Red's buddy Atticus Rodrick is super-doped up so Red pulls the old bait and switch with skittles on Atticus' meds while babbling about the birds to distract the nurse.  Whatever.

Ooooh, the psychologist calls Red out for not really being a bad guy but an imposter.  Wow, that plays really well into Lizzie's belief that he is Faux!Red.

Oh, Lizzie, you just can't pull off threatening billionaires all that well.  But the billioinaire dude is such a pushover that he folds faster than Superman on laundry day, and cops to everything he is accused of.  Say what ? Why would this guy just not wait out for his army of lawyers that I'm sure he has ?

Lizzie's "sister" is none too bright -- because her friend Buck bounced a signal off Venus or Mars and somehow traced the cell phone number that Lizzie got from the billionaire.
I'm still pretty confident that she isn't Lizzie's sister.

Lizzie pulls a fast one and gives the FBI the wrong cell number to trace -- and I'm sure that will have no repercussions, because Lizzie skates on everything whether it's lying about cell phone numbers or killing the Attorney General.  Except that Ressler catches on to her scheme, and Lizzie pulls the old 'can't tell you now, but maybe some day, just trust me' nonsense and Ressler buys it.  

Hold on -- how did Lizzie know which RV contained Cameron Morella based on a cell phone trace ?  There were a 1/2 dozen vehicles in that parking lot, all RVs.
Lizzie didn't even look at the plate number to see if it was registered to Morella.  More sloppy writing.  Even worse, it's raining out, but somehow Lizzie gets from her car to the RV water-free, here hair is bouncing and behaving.  Her jacket isn't even wet.

When Lizzie grabbed that gun with the cloth so as not to transfer fingerprints, I had to laugh.  Because Lizzie and her sisters's fingerprints are all over that RV.  
For crying out loud, they both grabbed the door handle while not wearing gloves.

How did Lizzie's sister get to the parking lot so quickly ? Uber ? Lyft ?  Because they kind of glossed over that.

I'm sorry, but the whole Lizzie and her sister trying to find out who Faux!Red is -- is just so damn boring.

And somehow the rat got a burner cell phone into Reddington's cell.  Sure.  Why not ?

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And somehow the rat got a burner cell phone into Reddington's cell.  Sure.  Why not ?

Oh, I don't think the rat's helping any more. That pipe gently slopes from Red's cell to the grounds outside the prison, where, now that the first string got through,  Dembe just ties whatever Red needs onto the endless piece of string that Red just needs to haul in.

(edited)
1 hour ago, rur said:

Oh, I don't think the rat's helping any more. That pipe gently slopes from Red's cell to the grounds outside the prison, where, now that the first string got through,  Dembe just ties whatever Red needs onto the endless piece of string that Red just needs to haul in.

That makes for a really, really long string -- it has to be at least twice the length of the route from outside to Red's cell in order to deliver things in both directions.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Otto, All the impossible things happening in this episode and you are arguing about the length of a string? But it worked to tie a cellphone/bottle of wine/secret messages to a wild rat wearing that string? LOL you guys.

I thought Ressler was going to spill the Lizzie beans to Cooper at the end there, but then wisely did not. Because it's obvious Cooper has a creepy "thing" for "We know each other well enough, call me Harold" Elizabeth Keen.

So Red gets to pick his hospital, all the way in southwestern Missouri from New York City, for a psych eval but he can't be put in a white-collar prison or in solitary and has to be tossed into gen pop in some prison that can't even pass a humanitarian inspection? Okay then.

Red has murdered multiple people yet the doctor tells him he isn't who he says he is because he's afraid of who he really is? WTH does that even mean.

I do like Spader in the courtroom scenes though.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm sorry, but the whole Lizzie and her sister trying to find out who Faux!Red is -- is just so damn boring.

For what she's doing and the manner in which she bilked Ressler she should be FIRED. 

Also, Ressler is an idiot for not reporting her. Keep this in mind for future happenings.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rur said:

Dembe just ties whatever Red needs onto the endless piece of string that Red just needs to haul in.

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That makes for a really, really long string --

18 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Otto, All the impossible things happening in this episode and you are arguing about the length of a string? But it worked to tie a cellphone/bottle of wine/secret messages to a wild rat wearing that string?

My original point. You have to suspend all disbelief to watch this show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rur said:

My original point. You have to suspend all disbelief to watch this show.

Point taken @rur.  

And did anyone else notice that the phrase "The Ethicist" was not mentioned once in the entire episode ? We got 'ethical' mentioned a couple of times, but that's it.  They should have titled this episode "Angel of Death (No. 91)", because that seems to be what he was known by publicly.

I'm still convinced that Lizzie's "sister" is a plant by Red, and Red knows everything that Lizzie is doing.  Wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jennifer's contact 'Buck' was actually Glen from the DMV.

Still no sign (or mention) of Agnes or the dogs.

I used to not like Ressler but now find him to be developed and really caring.

As now it is the opposite with Lizzie. Threatening everybody and really making an a*s of herself. Really lost all my respect for her and Red. Both of them need to be locked up together.

Atticus Finch indeed inspired all of this.

Would not be surprising if this gets cancelled due to going downhill.

11 hours ago, rur said:

Dembe just ties whatever Red needs onto the endless piece of string that Red just needs to haul in.

Because they were both smart and tied a couple of tin cans on each end and Red can talk directly to Dembe. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

It would have served Lizzie right if "The Ethicist" had not killed himself, but shot Ressler first. How do you leave a presumably loaded gun with a murderer when your colleagues are closing in on him, no matter how "ethical" he is?

Well, if he waited and shot Ressler, he wouldn't have been "The Ethicist." Either that or Liz knew that, despite saying he was only 10 minutes away, it was going to take hours for Ressler to arrive, since it was the dead of night when he got to the trailer.

6 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Well, if he waited and shot Ressler, he wouldn't have been "The Ethicist." Either that or Liz knew that, despite saying he was only 10 minutes away, it was going to take hours for Ressler to arrive, since it was the dead of night when he got to the trailer.

She's really assuming that his ethics don't waver in the moments before his death.

You know, I quit watching this show back in the fall, after watching every ep since the beginning, because I finally couldn't stand the repeated double downs on Liz and her family.  There *is* a good show here somewhere, but it doesn't revolve around Liz (as I have posted for years in these threads). Sadly, the show doesn't listen to me.

I returned to this forum on a whim, to see what people were talking about. And it is *all* hate watching. Fantastic.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

I returned to this forum on a whim, to see what people were talking about. And it is *all* hate watching. Fantastic.

I still watch b/c of Spader and also a friend was an extra on the show in the first season and I hope that she'll get on the show again.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, Ottis said:

You know, I quit watching this show back in the fall, after watching every ep since the beginning, because I finally couldn't stand the repeated double downs on Liz and her family.  There *is* a good show here somewhere, but it doesn't revolve around Liz (as I have posted for years in these threads). Sadly, the show doesn't listen to me.

I don't watch the show anymore either. I follow the board to stay updated on the big  mystery. I am just tired of having no clue what is going on, and the characters no longer make any sense. Liz can't make up her mind about Red, the red-headed guy is a tool, Cooper blames all of Liz's problems on Red when she is just stupid, Tom and Liz's great love came out of nowhere, I don't know why Red hated Tom, if Red is an imposter I don't know why he loves Liz so much, and everything is so convoluted. The writers say they have everything planned out, but I really don't believe them. I hope at the end of the series everything comes together since I wasted 5 years of my life, but I have a feeling I will be disappointed. Finding out 

• Love 1