Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11 The Things You Do

American Housewife

The Things You Do (Season 3 | Episode 11)

8:00PM EST | ABC

Greg's insistence on doing the family's taxes prompts Katie to take matters into her own hands. Meanwhile, Oliver and Anna-Kat join forces in an attempt to win a popular radio contest; and when Taylor finally sees Pierce's true colors, the family bands together to help her pull off an over-the-top apology for Trip.

Original Airdate: Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Check your DVRs... American Housewife is finally back from hiatus, with a new night and time!

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 2

Taylor had a great voice - no way would she have only been in the chorus or an understudy in that play.

Very odd that both this show and Brooklyn 99 had B-plots about a radio station "name the noise" call-in contest. And they were both sounds that were like crinkling paper. Weird coincidence.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SHD said:

Taylor had a great voice - no way would she have only been in the chorus or an understudy in that play.

Certainly not the voice or garbled lyrics she used in the tryout.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Bobbin said:

Certainly not the voice or garbled lyrics she used in the tryout.

I know...what a huge inconsistency. Like Pierce coached her to that voice?

• Love 1

I did laugh during the argument about petty annoyances, because so many of them were so familiar.  I get onto my husband all the time for not screwing caps on all the way (or fully sealing ziplocks, or pushing the tab thingie in on boxes... basically nothing in our house is ever closed properly), and I am totally guilty of putting trash in the car door compartment.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, mcgkgm said:

I did laugh during the argument about petty annoyances, because so many of them were so familiar.  I get onto my husband all the time for not screwing caps on all the way (or fully sealing ziplocks, or pushing the tab thingie in on boxes... basically nothing in our house is ever closed properly), and I am totally guilty of putting trash in the car door compartment.

I could relate too.  I really liked that part of the episode.

• Love 4

I love the episodes where Greg goes toe to toe with Katie. He's a nice guy (so nice!) but he's not a pushover, and they do balance each other well. Loved him setting the alarm earlier on her. How could she take away his absolute joy at doing their taxes? lol

I'm so happy Tripp is back. Guess his odd friendship with Anna-Kat came in handy! 

• Love 8
On 2/6/2019 at 2:49 PM, mcgkgm said:

Table for 3, happens with my wife and I all the time. My thing is, I DO seal everything, she is the one or forgets or complains about me leaving things, but then throws all the trash on our car floors and our son is just as guilty and then goes: "But you do it!"

• Love 1
On 2/6/2019 at 7:19 PM, CrazyDog said:

I'm so happy Tripp is back. Guess his odd friendship with Anna-Kat came in handy! 

And it's the good old Tripp we know and love!

Tripp:  "What a coincidence that Anna-Kat invited me to the play tonight.  And I just happened to be sitting in that seat when the spotlight came on!"

Greg (realizing that Trip will never get it):   "I've missed you, Trip."

Now, to go in a completely different direction.  I know Pierce played a bad guy here, and we wanted him and Taylor to break up.  But if you watch a few minutes of Disney's ZOMBIES you will enjoy watching those two actors working very well together.

And Milo Manheim (Pierce) is very likeable in that role.

• Love 7