Type keyword(s) to search

Sara Lance: The Canary Rises In White

• Start Topic

I suppose that's why Rip is taking Sara on so many solo missions, he wants her to kill and doesn't want the rest of the team to know about it. 

Given that Chronos (sp?) was rather blasé about killing and he was sanctioned by the Time Masters, I have to wonder if Rip also has that kind of feeling toward people in the past.  Maybe it's like Dr. Wells who sees everyone as having been dead for a century already.  I guess what I'm saying is I wonder if he'd be worried much about anyone's reaction to her killing. 

Unless she kills someone important to the timeline.  Yeah, I can see that happening. 

I can't tell you how happy I am to see Sara again. She's as awesome and badass as ever. 

I don't think they went too light with her. She had a little sarcasm to her on Arrow pre-death. Then in the beginning she was sitting alone, depressed and drinking in Tibet. I'm going to fanwank she's been traveling the world killing rapists to feed her bloodlust. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

I wouldn't say she was too light either. She seemed to be in a pretty dark place when we saw her in Tibet. It was a pilot, and they had a lot to get through, they probably just couldn't go too far into Sara`s dark side. 

I am just super happy to have her back on my TV!

• Love 2

So in the opening credits of the pilot, they didn't use the canary symbol but used the feather instead.  And yet, at the end of the show in the previews for next week they did use the canary symbol. I honestly haven't paid much attention to the other symbols but I think they weren't exactly the same either.  I don't like the feather as much as the canary, it just has a better shape to it and I think the other symbols that are different aren't the best versions either so I'm hoping that the feather and the other differences is just something left over from the pilot.  But I will be watching. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Oh no, I don't believe for a moment they had any idea of bringing her back. They made sure to kill her definitely most sincerely dead. I can't believe they would have done that if they'd had any idea of bringing her back. They'd have left the door open a little, somehow, rather than having to devise the whole convoluted scenario of Laurel digging her body up a year later, dragging it to NP, and dumping it in the Lazarus Pit. :(

• Love 2

IMO, they didn't expect the fan reaction to Sara's death (and to the actual fridging, no less - idiots...) and they didn't expect the level of bitterness that did not go away.  Adding Sara to LoT feels like an attempt to get the fans past that and off their backs.  Which has probably worked somewhat but in my case, I haven't felt the same about Arrow since and likely never will.

• Love 1

I think this show is really enjoying the fact that Caity Lotz can do her own fighting stunts, every episode so far has showcased that. While I love that she can fight, what made me love Sara was that CL was able to make Sara vulnerable and badass at the same time. When she's fighting I'm like Hell Yeah! then when she's sad I just want someone to give her hug.

I also like getting to see Sara's other assassin skills put to use. Her be mindful of your surroundings lesson as well as different ways to go after your enemy other than just rage killing. 

I'm so happy to get to see my favorite character really shine on her own. Sara's a tactical analyst which is yet another skill she shares with Black Canary. And I can see this show turning her into a leader. I still find it funny that even though she's got a "different color" in front of her name, they are still writing her like she is Black Canary from the comics. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7

Sara was killing some rapist right away. And has surely killed some of those Savageist the last few weeks. Plus Sara hasn't been out of the pit as long as Thea was when Oliver first noticed the blood lust(that no one else was noticing so the affects couldn't have been that bad at first for her). Let alone as long as it's been for this new "turn on host" side affect. Sara didn't need to be mention and if she was, it should have been her sister Laurel worrying about what will happen with Sara. I get tptb wanted the audience to know this side affect wasn't going to be something Sara faced on Legends. It was just unnecessary shoehorned in since Sara's story is unfolding on Legends. And no one would question if Sara was killing. Since Sara has this new ragey Pit feral animal feel about her blood lust I actually think there are times she's reverting back to before Constantine re-souled her. And I do think that's Sara's need to find her humanity to help ground her through the blood lust.

And that brings us to another thought I've had. Since Sara's is all animalistic she should be the one who has the Canary cry. I think Sara could get more of a use out of it.  Which reminds me I miss the canary bombs.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

I agree that line just confused everyone. They should've checked with each other before letting that line get past the script.

Sara's suffering is worse now, before she at least had the choice to not kill, now she has an uncontrollable need to kill. We don't even know if she can control it since she's killed at least 10 people since being resurrected. I'm assuming once she kills a couple people the bloodlust is sated and it easier to not kill the next person. Her bloodlust does seem more like an animal instinct now. 

She was fine

fighting regular Kendra because she posed no threat, when Kendra became Angry Big Bird (Lol) and kicked her across the room, the pit rage took hold.

• Love 3

They are really showing Sara to be one of the best hero Martial Artists in the DCTV Verse. Kind of like that DC comic book character that is known as one of the best Martial Artists in the DC verse and shares one half of her name. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Yeah, I really appreciate the fact that they've used the actual White Canary outfit sparingly.  I feel like that look would be less terrible if they didn't do her hair the way they do, but it still wouldn't hold a candle to pretty much anything else they've had her in.

• Love 1

Actually, I'm not sure it's the hair, although I don't love the slicked-back look. I think it's just that it unfortunately turns out that it's not a color that works well with Caity's coloring. She looks better in darker colors.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Odd enough - I don't mind the suit.  While I admit it would be better in black - I like the design of it better than her black outfit.  I don't care for the slicked back hair.  But more than anything, I love that we get to see her in a wide-range of costumes.  My favorite so far has been the gorgeous dress that she kicked ass in.

• Love 4

I honestly think the whole color before a name is dumb. It's not just White Canary, but Black Canary, Green Arrow & Red Arrow, etc - putting a color in front of your name is just dumb. I don't usually agree with Cisco, but on this point I do agree with him.

I really wish they had come up with a single name for her. Most superheros & cool people just sound better when they go by only one name. Somehow if the world comes to know you by one name, to me that means you have arrived and are big.

That being said, I don't love the coloring of her outfit, but I think it works well enough. I do love that we get to see her kick ass in all types of costumes & disguises, that has really improved my watching of the show.

• Love 2

It's not so much the coloring of Sara's outfit as the way it (in my opinion) tends to make her look pale and washed out. I just think she looks better in darker colors. Black of course, but that green also looked amazing on her.

And Cisco has no room to talk - Golden Glider anyone? Lol. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

She's kinda depressed perhaps she could have been Blue Canary, and she could have worn dark blue. I do think she looks better in darker colors.

Also just because her name has white in it does not mean her outfit needed to be white. It's just dumb and lazy.

• Love 1

I just don't get that if Sara was the Canary and Laurel became the Black! Canary why did Sara have to become the White Canary at all? Why not just let her keto Canary? They could have just modified her previous costume a bit.

It's not so much the coloring of Sara's outfit as the way it (in my opinion) tends to make her look pale and washed out. I just think she looks better in darker colors. Black of course, but that green also looked amazing on her.

And Cisco has no room to talk - Golden Glider anyone? Lol. :)

This. That pale grey is just terribly unflattering on her (my guess is it would be terribly unflattering on everybody regardless of skin color). Hopefully the show runners are realizing this, which is why they keep putting her in black leather :)

Golden Glider is a horrible name - am I the only one who's mentally thinking "Golden Shower" (because my brain thinks glide -> wet floor -> shower) and then go all ewww? :)

Since Laurel fans always made such a big deal out of Sara being The Canary, I don't know why she couldn't continue to be The Canary. She doesn't really need the costume either. Cold, Heatwave and Rip are not wearing leather costumes. I'm happy that she hasn't been wearing it all that often. 

The slicked back hair thing has to go too. If she needs her hair out of her eyes put it in a bun or something. 

I feel like in her  training sequences they are trying different hairstyles as they are with the disguises. Perhaps they will stumble upon a better hairdo, because the slick back hair thing looks horrible. I never understood why it is seen as attractive, even when I see it used on award shows. It looks good when you're on a beach or beside a pool because you just came out of the water. But without the water it looks like you haven't showered in a long while.

• Love 2

Yeah, I liked her just pulling her hair back this past episode.  It was both better looking and more practical than the slicked back look.  I'm guessing they wanted to further distinguish her new look from her old look, but that was definitely a misstep.

Just finished watching CL on Last Call with Carson Daly. I love the way CL describes her death on ARROW. She's like they shot me with 3 arrows, threw me off a building into a dumpster, she's like I'm surprised they didn't drive a bus over me just to make sure I was really dead.

Other than that it was a good interview, nothing new but it was nice to hear her talking about her training & stunts.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Yeah, I think in most of her interviews that I've seen, she's been pretty clear about the fact that there was never a plan to bring Sara back, originally.  I appreciate that she's not just letting that one go, since I haven't either.

• Love 2