Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: One-Eyed Jacks

ohjoy

Punisher ep.5 featuring the origin of: SLOTH!

image.png.bc6b83f176a7136bff29ee9708789be0.png

(Seriously, though, that Russian guy's face after Frank beat him up? Russo should be thanking his lucky stars.)

Awesome to see Turk again. I was actually scared he'd turn up dead after Frank sent him off as bait. Whew!

Did we need to have jerk from the PTSD club be the same guy that gets recruited by Russo? I mean, I guess you save on casting that way, but it seems a bit unnecessary.

This dual plot is still kind of bugging me, but maybe it's because the Netflix MCU series usually have a primary throughline for each season. If I look at this in more of an episodic fashion, like you get with regular series, instead of one long movie, then these separate storylines don't really bug me as much. I just have to force myself to think that way, though, and that kid of takes me out of the show.

Kind of surprised Frank went in there without any guns, but maybe he's trying to keep a (relatively) low profile.

• Love 1

I loved Frank's little thumbs up to Twit when she asked him if he was all right. I'm loving some of the little moments when Frank is funny like in episode three when they were in the jail cells and the prisoner guy said it sounded like Frank and that assassin girl were married. I cracked up at the look on his face.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 4
On 1/25/2019 at 5:29 AM, millennium said:

I couldn't believe that was Corbin Bernsen and Annette O'Toole. 

Annette O'Toole was more than recognizable.  Corbin Bernsen in this and in American Gods, not so much.

Loved Turk. I watched this last night, so I don't remember everything, but that look on the one guy's face as Frank turns the tables on his prize fighter - that was priceless.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:23 PM, millennium said:

I recognized Annette O'Toole as someone I recognized but couldn't place her.   I had to go to IMDB.   I guess I still have the Annette O'Toole of "Cat People" in my head after all these years.

I didn't even realize she was in this. But yeah, that was her. I know her from Smallville.

Good old Turk!  How he keeps surviving through all of these shows and the heroes (and villains) he crosses paths with is the greatest superpower of all time!

As soon as they said the Russian front was at a gym, you just knew that the only way that was going to end was with Frank being the shit out of a whole bunch of mobsters with whatever weights and dumbbells he can get his hand on.

Cool seeing Curtis and Madani interact for the first time.

Russo seems to be on his way to recruiting likeminded individuals.  And what in the hell was going on with Dumont/the psychiatrist at the window?

Of course a religious zealot like Pilgrim would pretty much think New York City is truly Hell on Earth!

• Love 2
On 2/1/2019 at 11:37 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Good old Turk!  How he keeps surviving through all of these shows and the heroes (and villains) he crosses paths with is the greatest superpower of all time!

As soon as they said the Russian front was at a gym, you just knew that the only way that was going to end was with Frank being the shit out of a whole bunch of mobsters with whatever weights and dumbbells he can get his hand on.

Cool seeing Curtis and Madani interact for the first time.

Russo seems to be on his way to recruiting likeminded individuals.  And what in the hell was going on with Dumont/the psychiatrist at the window?

Of course a religious zealot like Pilgrim would pretty much think New York City is truly Hell on Earth!

They flashed on her's, or just a medal display before she went to the window and front and center was a Combat Infantry  Badge. From that and the mercenaries at the bar and motel I guess women in the MCU served in close combat units and the doctor has her own PTSD