Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: The Pharmacist

preeya
  • Start Topic

While Liz and the Task Force track a notorious underground biohacker, Red initiates a strategy to extricate himself from a problematic position. Meanwhile, Cooper's integrity is tested with a difficult choice.

They found the Pharmacist WAAAAY too easily.

My problem with the case of the week -- Red spots the report on a TV in jail, and sends Lizzie and Team Post Office to the warehouse where the 5 dead people were found.  News like that would take a few hours to hit the news feeds.  Yet, by the time Lizzie and Ressler get to the warehouse, it seems like it has only been a few minutes since the crime scene was discovered.

Samar has memory issues -- but only at the end of the episode.
My question -- is she even aware that she's engaged ?

Red's courtroom performance was pretty good defending himself.

It's David from CSI, played by David Berman, also playing a coroner on this show.
Along with Miles from Lost playing the prosecuting attorney.

Ressler needs to go back to the FBI Academy for remedial training because of the stunt were the doctor knocked the gun out of his hand -- that was just bush league.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Red's courtroom performance was pretty good defending himself.

Yes, we got to see Alan Shore in action. I was waiting for Denny Crane to show up with some last minute objections.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

They found the Pharmacist WAAAAY too easily.

Ressler needs to go back to the FBI Academy for remedial training because of the stunt were the doctor knocked the gun out of his hand -- that was just bush league.

Hawaii 5-0 did something similar last episode. Normally they spend the first half of the episode chasing false leads and they have to frantically catch up at the end. But when the sub-plot only gets about ten minutes of screen time they become competent cops all of a sudden.

As regards Ressler, agreed one hundred percent! Why is he always the one who goes chasing after suspects? He's terrible at it! There was an episode a while back where he was chasing a late-stage cancer patient who lived in a toxic waste dump and Ressler had to put in some serious work to catch up to the guy!

2 hours ago, preeya said:

Yes, we got to see Alan Shore in action. I was waiting for Denny Crane to show up with some last minute objections.

And now we know who Reddington really is! Wouldn't that be the crossover we've all been waiting for? It's almost plausible too because Alan Shore originated on The Practice and his character on there was super dark and unethical. His behavior was toned down for Boston Legal but on BL they did have the moment where Alan Shore is at a fishing lodge and encounters a Supreme Court Justice...

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, dwmarch said:

And now we know who Reddington really is! Wouldn't that be the crossover we've all been waiting for? It's almost plausible too because Alan Shore originated on The Practice and his character on there was super dark and unethical. His behavior was toned down for Boston Legal but on BL they did have the moment where Alan Shore is at a fishing lodge and encounters a Supreme Court Justice...

I believe that episode of BL was titled "The Court Supreme" and aired in 2008.

I know this is completely off topic, but I wanted to show the brilliance of Spader from 2008. Alan Shore or Raymond Reddington, he's simply a great actor. Watch here:  

Edited by preeya
  • Love 6

I am not going to read other peoples post because I know how alot of people feel about Liz so I am going to assume there are alot of "Megan Boone Sucks" and Liz is a bitchy bitch bitch posts.  

As for the episode I really loved the trial.  I only watched a handful of Boston Legal episodes and it didn't occur to me to even think about it until I read a few twitter posts but I saw a bunch of people comparing this to that.  Loved Red defending himself and coming thisclose to winning.  Yeah the government would have to live up to its end of that pesky agreement they made with Red.  But then "someone" through a kink in the plan.  I am enjoying that Liz is finally being a good match for Red.  

Because yeah, Sometimes its the people closest to you you have to watch out for.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am not going to read other peoples post because I know how alot of people feel about Liz so I am going to assume there are alot of "Megan Boone Sucks" and Liz is a bitchy bitch bitch posts.  

LOL. Feel free to read backward since no one had any comments about Lizzie at all. Thinking about it, she was hardly in this episode nor was the sister. It was pretty much all Alan Shore. Can't guarantee the same going forward though.

11 hours ago, dwmarch said:

That would be the awesomeness of awesome, Red being Alan Shore. Denny Crane can come bail him out of prison!

14 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Samar has memory issues -- but only at the end of the episode.

She looked old enough to be Aram's mother. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

14 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Along with Miles from Lost playing the prosecuting attorney.

I love that actor. (And loved Lost, too.)

• Love 1

I thought for sure the episode would end up with Samar and Red being helped by the Pharmacist. Wasn't it revealed that Red has some sort of illness at the beginning of the series? Can't quite remember.

I didn't remember that Red's immunity agreement had actually been agreed to by the A.G. (the one Liz killed). It was nice seeing Harold on the stand acknowledging the existence of the agreement and Red Shore in the courtroom. But, Harold is aware of at least one crime Red committed - he abetted Lizzie's escape. Even though Lizzie herself was pardoned, that didn't cover Red's crime unless he too was pardoned. I don't recall that happening. So, Harold did commit perjury. If Red gets off, he'll always have that card to play in any situation w/ Harold. 

I liked that the biohacker turned out not to be too bad a guy. Of course, leaving a bunch of dead bodies in a warehouse isn't a good thing, nor is running non-FDA approved medical experiments on humans, but ... 

It was also a nice twist how the case circled back to Big Pharma CEO. 

So does Red have MCDD and needs Stark the pharmacist to cure him? 

I didn't miss the sister at all and actually sort of forgot about her. 

I liked the judge. I never watched 'Boston Legal' but I can see how well James Spader must have done with the character he played. His courtroom scenes in this episode were very good. 

• Love 2

Red is a smart person despite the person he is. And really think that James S is a great actor. No matter what you put him in.

Liz I used to like. Just a naive, newly married, and starting her FBI career to going on that of being self absorbed holier than thou.

Both Harold and Red if found about about Red's escape and that both of them in the long run, could wind up in a jail cell.

The motion to suppress the gun will probably turn on whether the tip given to the cop was reliable. That of course would depend on the reliability of the source who provided the tip. And therein is the key to how Lizzie's betrayal could be exposed.

So does Red have MCDD and needs Stark the pharmacist to cure him? 

That might explain why his head bobs up and down every time he speaks.

Edited by david gideon
clarity
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, preeya said:
6 hours ago, david gideon said:

That might explain why his head bobs up and down every time he speaks.

And he constantly chomps on non-existent food or gum.

Oh, both of those are so irritating. It helps if I don't look at the screen when Red is giving one of his speeches.

• Love 4
On 12/01/2019 at 7:11 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Bless.

On 12/01/2019 at 7:53 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

No sign of the sister.  Or Agnes. Or the dogs.  :)

Tom's "mother" has probably eaten Agnes by now....

• Love 2

The This isn’t a family drams honestly I hate when shows give characters pets because the pets are almost always going to disappear eventually.  The same with kids.  The only reason Agnes even exists is because Megan Boone got pregnant l.  She isn’t important to the plot so she is a non entity.  In all honesty it probably would have been better for the plot if that after MB had her baby Elizabeth had a miscarriage or her baby got kidnapped (and never found) or murdered of something.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2019 at 1:53 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

No sign of the sister.  Or Agnes. Or the dogs.  :)

On 1/18/2019 at 9:11 AM, Chaos Theory said:

The This isn’t a family drams honestly I hate when shows give characters pets because the pets are almost always going to disappear eventually.  The same with kids.  The only reason Agnes even exists is because Megan Boone got pregnant l.  She isn’t important to the plot so she is a non entity.  In all honesty it probably would have been better for the plot if that after MB had her baby Elizabeth had a miscarriage or her baby got kidnapped (and never found) or murdered of something.  

Agnes is with Grandma, no need to mention her at all. The dogs were probably given away to a good home in upstate New York to live out their days happily on a farm with lots of land where they can run and play and frolic. Case closed. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:55 PM, saber5055 said:

Oh, both of those are so irritating. It helps if I don't look at the screen when Red is giving one of his speeches.

I love both of those tics and I am riveted whenever Red is doing his Red thing.

Edited by Gothish520