Type keyword(s) to search

Dirty Characters In Other Roles

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I guess it's a testament to the great acting on the part of Connie Britton and Eric Bana, but I think I'll have trouble seeing them in a positive light after this show.   Unfortunate, but true.

Ha - I have no feelings about Eric Bana one way or the other but Connie Britton has permanent goodwill with me for playing Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights (see also: Kyle Chandler for playing Coach Eric Taylor, Zach Gilford for playing Matt Saracen, and Jesse Plemons for playing Landry Clark). It's a trip to me to see someone whose most famous character is a no bullshit, gentle when you need it but also tough when you need it kind of woman to this pitiful woman who needs a man at any cost. Like, Tami and Eric were a fantastic couple but you also know that a) if Eric ever really fucked up, Tami would leave, and b) if she did leave, she would be just fine on her own. If she decided to date she'd date decent dudes and she wouldn't marry anyone after 8 weeks. (She also wouldn't tolerate the way Debra's kids speak to Debra - Tami AND Eric checked Julie a bunch of times for talking smart.)

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Ha - I have no feelings about Eric Bana one way or the other but Connie Britton has permanent goodwill with me for playing Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights (see also: Kyle Chandler for playing Coach Eric Taylor, Zach Gilford for playing Matt Saracen, and Jesse Plemons for playing Landry Clark). It's a trip to me to see someone whose most famous character is a no bullshit, gentle when you need it but also tough when you need it kind of woman to this pitiful woman who needs a man at any cost. Like, Tami and Eric were a fantastic couple but you also know that a) if Eric ever really fucked up, Tami would leave, and b) if she did leave, she would be just fine on her own. If she decided to date she'd date decent dudes and she wouldn't marry anyone after 8 weeks. (She also wouldn't tolerate the way Debra's kids speak to Debra - Tami AND Eric checked Julie a bunch of times for talking smart.)

She will always be Mrs Coach Tammy Taylor. Not matter what, and I love that you pointed out Tammy and Debs distinct differences. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I never watched Friday Night Lights. ; )

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I never watched Friday Night Lights. ; )

I cannot recommend it highly enough, especially if you're interested in seeing Connie Britton play a strong, healthy, fulfilled character with good boundaries and sense. Tami Taylor is a 180 from Debra Newell.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I cannot recommend it highly enough, especially if you're interested in seeing Connie Britton play a strong, healthy, fulfilled character with good boundaries and sense. Tami Taylor is a 180 from Debra Newell.

Nah, I really don't care enough to seek her out, lol.  I did see her in 9-1-1 but she was kinda wishy washy (though not dumb and stupid) in that.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jillybean said:

Great episode, even if much of it was conjecture. But Jean Smart and even (to a lesser extent) Connie B both had a Minnesota/North Dakota accent going strong and it was super, super distracting. We've heard it from Jean in earlier eps and only if Arlane is from up there does that make any sense.

Jean Smart played the matriarch of a crime family in Minnesota on the TV series "Fargo"...she had a killer Minnesota accent in that show I guess she liked it so much she kept it.

• Love 2

She was also great in Nashville. Connie Britton has become one of my favorite actresses, Spin City, West Wing, FNL, Nashville. It's hard to see her on this show, but, she is certainly hitting the naivete out of the park. I really have no reference with Bana, but, I'll have a harder time separating him from the park than Coach Tami Taylor. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, kicksave said:

"Cyrus Bean" also was on "My So Called Life" with Claire Danes back in the late 90's. He played a gay teacher at the high school that was the focal point of the show. Great show and introduced us to so many great actors like Claire Danes, Jared Leto, "Cyrus Bean" and so many others.

He was also Meredith Grey's dad on Grey's Anatomy and a whistleblower on an episode of The West Wing.  He's a fabulous character actor.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

And who the hell is that?  LOL

Tim Riggins is a member of the football team in Friday Night Lights. He comes from the wrong side of the tracks & seems a tad dirty. But he's hot. You know, if you're into that kind of thing.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

Tim Riggins is a member of the football team in Friday Night Lights. He comes from the wrong side of the tracks & seems a tad dirty. But he's hot. You know, if you're into that kind of thing. breathing.

fixed it for you.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

Tim Riggins is a member of the football team in Friday Night Lights. He comes from the wrong side of the tracks & seems a tad dirty. But he's hot. You know, if you're into that kind of thing.

Like I said, I never watched the show.   So I looked up this character and, lo and behold, it's Taylor Kitsch, who looks...ok, but not my type.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gotta watch said:

And all these years later, I still am!!!!!!!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

I really liked Connie Britton in Nashville. She and her fabulous hair were the complete iconic country music queen package, a la Tammy Wynette.

That was my first introduction to Connie as well; I just kept hearing from other people about how awesome she was on various other TV shows and figured I’d check out her vibe. She made a very believable mature country star goddess as Rayna James, aside from the fact that her singing voice wasn’t all that strong; shows you how good she is if she somehow was able to play such a strong chanteuse character despite obviously not being a great singer otherwise. And her fizzy turn as “the morally corrupt Faye Resnick” from “The People Vs. OJ” was pretty brilliant as well.

I previously had enjoyed mostly *looking* at Eric Bana back at his physical peak, like when he costarred with Brad Pitt in “Troy”; that was some epic period-piece hotness right there, complete with Orlando Bloom playing his little brother. And I liked him a lot in Steven Spielberg’s “Munich”, even though I found myself mostly fondly remembering that emotional/raw final sex scene he had at the end...that was intense!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

That was my first introduction to Connie as well; I just kept hearing from other people about how awesome she was on various other TV shows and figured I’d check out her vibe. She made a very believable mature country star goddess as Rayna James, aside from the fact that her singing voice wasn’t all that strong; shows you how good she is if she somehow was able to play such a strong chanteuse character despite obviously not being a great singer otherwise. And her fizzy turn as “the morally corrupt Faye Resnick” from “The People Vs. OJ” was pretty brilliant as well.

I previously had enjoyed mostly *looking* at Eric Bana back at his physical peak, like when he costarred with Brad Pitt in “Troy”; that was some epic period-piece hotness right there, complete with Orlando Bloom playing his little brother. And I liked him a lot in Steven Spielberg’s “Munich”, even though I found myself mostly fondly remembering that emotional/raw final sex scene he had at the end...that was intense!

YES. Troy!! Bana, Bloom, & Pitt in a leather skirt???!!  YES.

• Love 1

Eric Bana actually started out in a sketch comedy show in Australia called Full Frontal. He’s actually got great comic ability and if you see any interviews with him comes across as a real nice down to earth guy.

I read an interview with him where he said he’s turned down a lot of roles as he doesn’t want to move his family from the Australia to the US. He plays creepy very well.

Like others have mentioned on here Connie Britton will always be Tammy Taylor to me.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:13 PM, elizacat said:

Eric Bana actually started out in a sketch comedy show in Australia called Full Frontal. He’s actually got great comic ability and if you see any interviews with him comes across as a real nice down to earth guy.

I read an interview with him where he said he’s turned down a lot of roles as he doesn’t want to move his family from the Australia to the US. He plays creepy very well.

Like others have mentioned on here Connie Britton will always be Tammy Taylor to me.

haha he will always be POIDA to me

• Love 1

For all the Connie Britton fans here.....no one has mentioned The Brothers McMullen!  Fantastic movie she stars in with Edward Burns (speaking of which, where the hell has he been?).  McMullen was my first introduction to Connie and I have loved her ever since.  If you have the time, check it out....if you are Irish and/or Catholic, you will especially love it.

Off to go down Edward Burns rabbit hole now.........

• Love 1