Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E24: Dog's Best Friend

• Start Topic

It works now, hooray!  

I don't understand why David was so pissy about Dylan hooking up with someone in Vegas.  He and Gina are broken up, correct?  And weren't they discussing how it wasn't a good relationship? It seemed like David was jealous that Mary hit on Dylan and not him, even though David has dated more women than Dylan this season.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, meggonzo said:

It works now, hooray!  

I don't understand why David was so pissy about Dylan hooking up with someone in Vegas.  He and Gina are broken up, correct?  And weren't they discussing how it wasn't a good relationship? It seemed like David was jealous that Mary hit on Dylan and not him, even though David has dated more women than Dylan this season.

It is like they dont have a story for David and just decided to do Brandon Season 1 without the Brandon social justice. 

Ooof, Kelly's rape.  I think I had mostly fallen away from the show around this point in the season, but happened to be flipping the channels and landed on this episode right as it was about to happen, and I remember finding it super uncomfortable to watch, and that it went on for what felt like a super long time.  It's just...why, why did this have to happen?  Were the writers really so bankrupt for ideas, and after using an attempted rape of Gina just a few episodes prior as a plot point?  Yuck.

I assume Brian Austin Green and Vanessa Marcil had started dating at this point, thus the unsubtle pivot to David and Gina?

Isn’t it off brand for Dylan to lie to Mary?
As always on this show, apologizing seems to be a foreign concept. Kelly does say “I’m sorry” but then she goes on demanding that Gina accepts her apology or she’ll be kicked out of the apartment. That’s not really how that works, Kelly. Also, shouldn’t Donna have a say in whether her cousin/sister (oops, spoiler alert) is being evicted for daring to be hurt and angry about Kelly sleeping with her boyfriend?
It’s like the writers realized that Kelly acted like a total bitch and had to do something to make the wievers feel sorry for her and forget how awful she is, and so she is raped in a parking lot.

• Love 3

That was some impressive mental gymnastics Donna used to justify macking on someone who's not her boyfriend and who, incidentally, has the squarest of square jaws.

Did the hair people on the show just hate everyone except Vanessa? Everyone else's hair looks hideous. Or was that just the late 90s and I've blocked it out?

• Love 3

Yes, those were common late 90s hairstyles.  I don't think you could make Vanessa's hair ever look bad.

The woman in the Love Fisher couple kinda looks like a nerdier Andrea.   And is Lilly Samples played by Ian's first wife?

• Love 1