Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The "Royal" Treatment

From TV Guide:

The women participate in a military boot-camp obstacle course, with the winner scoring one-on-one time with Sir. Later, he surprises one of the ladies with a romantic dinner for two in the garden. Meanwhile, tension and jealousy erupts among some of the contestants and one of them makes a surprising confession to Sir when the two of them have a moment alone.

Reminder of Rules for Posting Here:

The rules here will be the same as they are for Orange is the New Black or another show that drops all at the same time:

1) Only talk about the specific episode in this thread, or reference things that happened in earlier episodes.  NO DISCUSSION OF THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN FUTURE EPISODES outside of spoiler tags;

2) Comments about the season as a whole, or that reference material from multiple episodes can be put in the "Season 1 Wrap-up" thread.  Or feel free to create character threads if you want to talk about a women (or several of them) individually.

3) All other threads (character threads, theme threads, etc. MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS as people are allowed to discuss anything from any point of the season there.  So proceed with caution if you haven't finished the season.

Comprende?

On the one hand I'm sorry Meghan is gone already, cause she was so entertaining.  On the other hand, if I had had to listen to her call him "Baaaaabe!" one more time I was personally going to fly to England and throw her in the English Channel, dragging her by that ombre mess on top of her head!  (Gawd that's annoying!) So thanks, "Harry," for saving me the airfare!

Oh gawd, Kelley's going to be insufferable next episode, isn't she?  I mean, more than normal.

• Love 2

I'm cracking up over the girls all talking to each other about what a bitch Meghan is - and their biggest complaint is  - SHE TALKS ABOUT PEOPLE BEHIND THEIR BACK! 

And then, the fight between Kelly and Meghan's boobs reaches its conclusion. 

I'd LOVE to see how Meghan reacted to the ruse.  She's the most entertaining person on this show.

If The Bachelor producers aren't scheming even now to get Meghan on the next season, then they just aren't trying anymore.

I doubt a competing franchise would take on the refuse from a failed competitor (as awesome as she is), but if I were her agent (we all know she's gotta have one), I'd be shopping her to Bravo and E!.

I don't know.  She'd be great on Bachelor in Paradise, or whatever crap they're peddling in the summer that year.  I mean, she dated Jake Pavelka, so she's in the Bachelor "family" sort of.  But, yeah, she'd have to do the Bachelor first and I don't know if they'd do that or not.

I'm shocked. I truly thought they'd keep the "good"/"evil" Kelley/Meghan rivalry until the end. I find Kelley's holier-than-thou attitude much more irritating than Meghan's in-your-face nature. If they were on Survivor, Meghan would have made an alliance on the first day, and Kelley would be opining about people who deserve to be there.

I also find Meghan's "I wanna get with Prince Harry" attitude far more palatable than Kelley's "I want to be a Lady and have an estate and a family and be princess of England" delusion.

But I'm Team Kimberly, so...

If they were on Survivor, Meghan would have made an alliance on the first day, and Kelley would be opining about people who deserve to be there.

To be fair (and accurate), Meghan is the one who's been doing that (albeit in a very humorous way) with her "she's not Princess material!" thing.  That said, you can tell she's saying that stuff for the cameras/soundbyteability (and from the few interviews with her around it sounds like she didn't mean a word of it).  Whereas if Kelley said it, I'd bet she'd mean it (which in this case is not a good thing).

• Love 1

I thought for sure that when Kelly told NotHarry that Megan wasn't there for the Right Reasons, that Kelly was going to be sent home like every Bachelor contestant who has ever dared to badmouth the lead's favorite. But, nope, look at NotHarry putting integrity over a nice rack! This poor kid. It's like Matt's level of genuine integrity is inversely related to the producers'. Megan, you were reality TV gold. And we're still stuck with Kelly?! Ugh. When she was clenching her fist at the window while watching the fireworks, I thought that she was using some type of voodoo to crush Megan's soul.

• Love 1

Megan, you were reality TV gold. And we're still stuck with Kelly?! Ugh. When she was clenching her fist at the window while watching the fireworks, I thought that she was using some type of voodoo to crush Megan's soul.

Kelly is NOT PRINCESS MATERIAL!

You are so right-Kelley is totally not princess material nor is she as moral as she thinks she is.  However, I do believe that Meghan and Jacque were sent home as they have the strongest personalities and would so not accept being told that Matt isn't Harry.  I really think this whole time they (1) got rid of those who weren't buying into the premise and (2) are getting rid of those who would make the biggest scene when the deception is revealed.  I really think Matt's search for love is a ruse and he is in it for the pay and exposure.

• Love 1

And don't forget the clothes! Supposedly Matt had them put in his contract that he gets to keep the clothes!

Oh no---please tell me thats a joke.  The clothes weren't even that nice!

I thought for sure that when Kelly told NotHarry that Megan wasn't there for the Right Reasons, that Kelly was going to be sent home like every Bachelor contestant who has ever dared to badmouth the lead's favorite. But, nope, look at NotHarry putting integrity over a nice rack! This poor kid. It's like Matt's level of genuine integrity is inversely related to the producers'. Megan, you were reality TV gold. And we're still stuck with Kelly?! Ugh. When she was clenching her fist at the window while watching the fireworks, I thought that she was using some type of voodoo to crush Megan's soul.

Yeah, but at the time there were still plenty of nice racks in play. 

Oh no---please tell me thats a joke.  The clothes weren't even that nice!

No, it's been reported in several news outlets.

I thought his clothes were nice. Nice pairs of khaki's, good everyday shirts, set of polo whites.  Things he can actually wear afterwards.

• Love 1

No, it's been reported in several news outlets.

I thought his clothes were nice. Nice pairs of khaki's, good everyday shirts, set of polo whites.  Things he can actually wear afterwards.

I mean, they weren't bad clothes, but they were everyday clothes.  He should have all that stuff in his closet already.  I mean I can understand if you're on a show wearing Roberto Cavalli gowns, but its a bit much to contract for the underwear the show bought you, and the polo shirts.  I would have thought they would just let you take them.  Oh this show....it really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Well, his job as an "environmentally conscious ditch digger" or whatever he is probably doesn't pay a fabulous amount.  And I could see a normal guy like that just wanting some everyday clothes.  I mean, where would he wear Cavalli?

• Love 2

I could see him wanting the clothes, too.  He's only like, 23, and probably had no idea about being fashionable and having decent-looking clothes.  And ITA that with the job he has, he either can't afford to get stylish clothes OR he had no idea about how to be stylish period, being a young grad. 

I liked a few of the looks they put him in: that blazer he wore on that last date with Krazy Kelley was very smart-looking.  I especially loved him in that outfit in the promos when he's hopping out of the helicopter, with his tall, lean build.  *swoon*  *shakes head*

I think that Kelley is going around!

Well, his job as an "environmentally conscious ditch digger" or whatever he is probably doesn't pay a fabulous amount.  And I could see a normal guy like that just wanting some everyday clothes.  I mean, where would he wear Cavalli?

That makes sense, at first blush it just seemed so odd to me to actually put it in a contract.  Wearing Cavalli might fool a more savvy girl into thinking he is prince Harry.  I mean Kelley is probably going to be fooled even if he was wearing a potato sack, but if you want to land a more sophisticated girl...but your point is well taken.  The whole thing just seemed odd to me.

I could see him wanting the clothes, too.  He's only like, 23, and probably had no idea about being fashionable and having decent-looking clothes.  And ITA that with the job he has, he either can't afford to get stylish clothes OR he had no idea about how to be stylish period, being a young grad. 

I liked a few of the looks they put him in: that blazer he wore on that last date with Krazy Kelley was very smart-looking.  I especially loved him in that outfit in the promos when he's hopping out of the helicopter, with his tall, lean build.  *swoon*  *shakes head*

I think that Kelley is going around!

I heard the cure for that was a round of antibiotics, watching the Notebook two times a day, watching every Disney princess movie once a day for two weeks, and wearing daisy dukes while doing a backflip off a canoe.

But don't let people know you have the Kelley, you might end up quarantined.  

• Love 1

While Meghan is disappointed that her date isn't more extravagant, Kelley is running through the woods trying to understand what her prince has gone through and trying to prove she's up for the challenge.

Ladies, right turn!  No!  Your OTHER right!

Things get better for Meghan when she's convinced that the twinkle lights and fireworks were something Not-Harry set up just for her.

Meghan, for God's sake, stop with the "Babe", and the "So pretty!"

Note to future suitors, don't take Kelley near fireworks, unless she's absolutely sure they're all for her.

Kelley, you're starting to scare me.  Please, for the love of God, step away from Not-Harry.  It's not attractive to see you rant on about Meghan's boobs and her 'great hair'.

Oooh, a visit to the local pub.  If only Maggie were here now.  Meghan gets to travel in an SUV with Not-Harry, while everyone else gets to travel in a double-decker bus.  I'd prefer the bus if it weren't for Kelley going on about how horrible Meghan was.  Funny that Not-Harry seemed to feel uncomfortable traveling alone with Meghan.

Love Meghan's, "Yeah, I can be a bitch, but don't you dare call me fake", as her fake boobs were still trying to steal the show.  Sadly, don't think anyone came out looking good there.

Stalker Kelley is still sure that she could be the perfect princess, wife, girlfriend, one-time date, one-time hookup, the list goes on.  She's a pretty girl, but I think she could use some help in the department of living in real life.

So, double elimination.  Can't even remember who was sent home, nor the girl who was installed in the Crown Suite.  It was pretty funny that after all the shit hit the fan, Meghan was singled out for a private audience with 'the prince', only to be sent home.