Type keyword(s) to search

Country Music - General Discussion

UYI
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was something like The Making of Country Music. I just caught the very end before the pledge break.

I sure hope it gets shown again.  I'd like to see that.  Maybe we'd get to see some other folks who probably ended up on the cutting room floor.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:25 AM, Tdoc72 said:

I think lunch with her and Dolly Parton would be a hoot and a half. 

They'd be up there on my list of who to invite to a dinner party.  Too bad Hazel Smith is dead.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, dcalley said:

The university library near me has this; thanks!

And at my public library, the Country Music 2-CD set has a nice long hold list! (There's a 5-CD one, too, but not at my library.)

I've got my library's copy checked out right now.  Wish I could afford the 5 cd set.  Sure, there are some songs I don't really care for, and there's a whole lot of yodeling on the first cd in the set, but the extra stuff I do like more than makes up for it.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, Tdoc72 said:

I wasn’t ready for it to end. I wanted another 2 hours from 1996-present. The Dixie Chicks, Taylor Swift, & Darius Rucker, the current state of country or how to preserve the tradional vibe could have been possible topics. 

I wasn't ready for it to end, but I didn't want anything about 1996-present.  I wanted more about the early years.  What was in those first 4 episodes was great, I just wanted more.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:28 AM, annzeepark914 said:

But, of course!  I think it was obvious that Ken Burns was devoted to J. Cash.

And rightfully so.

• Love 1

Hazel Smith. Didn't she host movies, while sitting in her kitchen? She was hilarious. I don't know how many years ago this was but I think she even had some celebrity visit her & she served him a meal (during movie breaks). Am I imaginjng a lot of this stuff or did it really happen? And what kind of movies were featured?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Hazel Smith. Didn't she host movies, while sitting in her kitchen? She was hilarious. I don't know how many years ago this was but I think she even had some celebrity visit her & she served him a meal (during movie breaks). Am I imaginjng a lot of this stuff or did it really happen? And what kind of movies were featured?

CMT's Southern Fried Flicks. You can see some snippets on Youtube.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is there any discussion on the CMT awards show last evening?

I was going to ever so helpfully link you to the thread -- only to discover there isn't one.  There's one for the CMA Awards and one for the ACM Awards, but not CMT.  You can start one in the Awards Shows forum.

• Like 1

The CMT awards Toby Keith tribute was really well done. The speech at the end his family being there and the red cups.