Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't think I'd say this earlier in the season, but Ty for the win.  That was a great move and against his showmance too. 

Kuzie calling out Daniel was pretty great and  true.

It was really dumb of Claudia.He's won the veto how many times and took himself off, why assume he wouldn't win again. Or was her logic he'd win but wouldn't use it because it's her HoH.

39 minutes ago, Artsda said:

It was really dumb of Claudia.He's won the veto how many times and took himself off, why assume he wouldn't win again. Or was her logic he'd win but wouldn't use it because it's her HoH.

Probably the second. But if i was Claudia, i would put up Renee just to fuck with Ty.

8 hours ago, Artsda said:

I didn't think I'd say this earlier in the season, but Ty for the win.  That was a great move and against his showmance too.

Like I said, Ty has been getting a better edit since Zach left. He's almost likable now. Although I did see a little of his earlier ways come out when he was talking to Claudia in the library basically telling her what to do and think. I'm rooting for a Ty win too now. Who else is left?! If they manage to get Ty out, will it be the first time in bb history that TWO floaters make it to the end? 

Edited by Samwise979

Daniel isn't wrong with his opinion on Ty/Claudia, "that's the weirdest showmance ever on big brother."

All that crying over Shayna made me think of Jesse's funeral on bb11..

I really hope Claudia is evicted this week, I’m so sick of her drama queen BS and inability to take a firm stand against Ty

None of them can beat Ty, they need to get rid of him but they’re all too idiotic, scared, stupid, delusional to make the move.

Ty has told every single one of them that he’s taking them to F2…… maybe the morons should compare notes instead of kissing Ty’s ass.  🙄

• Like 2

Why do Anika and Renee need to explain to Ty. Anika is the HOH. 

Ty has the nerve to accuse someone else on how dirty they're willing to play. 

Claudia's swooning over Ty and so glowing over him is gross to watch. It's like she has Stockholm.  She has no self respect for herself. She's cut all her friends to get the guy. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Why do Anika and Renee need to explain to Ty. Anika is the HOH. 

Ty has the nerve to accuse someone else on how dirty they're willing to play. 

Claudia's swooning over Ty and so glowing over him is gross to watch. It's like she has Stockholm.  She has no self respect for herself. She's cut all her friends to get the guy. 

They have to explain because they've let Ty take over the game and become the big cheese who everyone has to explain themselves to and beg for his forgiveness.

Even Rennae (the future lawyer 🙄) has become an ass kissing embarrassment, she whined and cried and begged him all day and tried over and over to explain why she spoke to Anika and the words she chose to use while Ty sat there sneering and gloating.

The fact that ANY of them still trust him or give him the time of day is shocking after all the times he's pulled the rug out from under and watched them fall all over themselves.

They're Charlie Brown and Ty is Lucy  😖

tumblr_mmuuvpifCK1sp9fcho1_400.gif

• LOL 2

I stopped watching this a few weeks ago, still record it in the unlikely event that I will learn from the spoilers that some miracle has happened and I won't have to look at Ty's mean ugly face again, but that's looking less and less likely as the season shrinks, and I keep deleting them each week.

This has been a very dissappointing season for me as I do look forrward to the Canadian version every year, but it has not been what I call entertaining at all,  for starters, the cast, a lot of them were very similar personality wise, no more spark than a dead battery in some of them. It must have been a challenge trying to edit this show.     

But honestly,  the vibe coming off this guy Ty (through the TV no less) in his efforts (or lack of) in trying to communicate (insert manipulate) with others has given me a queasy feeling from very early on in this show.   To me he's nothing but a second rate bully, and has little to no redeeming qualities that i can see, I know it's a game, and it's about manipulation, but there is just something more here that makes me really uncomfortable, and I just can't watch it.  

Sorry, this is just my opinion, others may have a different one and that's ok.  He has ruined this season for me..   

• Like 3

Wow. Ty having his talk with Anika and Renee about who is not playing a "truthful" game and accusing Anika of playing dirty when he's lied 2 weeks in a row to the hoh about not using the pov..... I think there's a word for that..... HYPOCRISY!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/4/2023 at 9:39 PM, wintrygal said:

I stopped watching this a few weeks ago, still record it in the unlikely event that I will learn from the spoilers that some miracle has happened and I won't have to look at Ty's mean ugly face again, but that's looking less and less likely as the season shrinks, and I keep deleting them each week.

This has been a very dissappointing season for me as I do look forrward to the Canadian version every year, but it has not been what I call entertaining at all,  for starters, the cast, a lot of them were very similar personality wise, no more spark than a dead battery in some of them. It must have been a challenge trying to edit this show.     

But honestly,  the vibe coming off this guy Ty (through the TV no less) in his efforts (or lack of) in trying to communicate (insert manipulate) with others has given me a queasy feeling from very early on in this show.   To me he's nothing but a second rate bully, and has little to no redeeming qualities that i can see, I know it's a game, and it's about manipulation, but there is just something more here that makes me really uncomfortable, and I just can't watch it.  

Sorry, this is just my opinion, others may have a different one and that's ok.  He has ruined this season for me..   

Ty reminds me so much of a manipulative, gaslighting ex - both in his dead-eye look and attitude - that I can't watch anymore of this season unless I hear he goes out.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, misokinesia said:

Ty reminds me so much of a manipulative, gaslighting ex - both in his dead-eye look and attitude - that I can't watch anymore of this season unless I hear he goes out.

Dead eyes, yes, a perfect description, it's like there's  nothing there at all. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Big brother Canada producers destroyed their product for the sake of advertisers. I really hope we don't get this format again. Taran was literally suffering in the last roundtable. He said he can't wait for this season to be over and that this was the hardest season he had to podcast about since he started. And imagine that with all the live feeds he usually has to watch and take notes and the daily live feeds podcasts he barely sleeps. But this season was the worst for him. I hope I never hear about these people again. Especially if the jury gives the money to Ty, it will be the final hit to this season. I would be okay with a Daniel, Anika or Claudia win but not a Ty win.

Edited by SummerDreams
  • Like 3

I will repeat for the third time (lol) DANIEL! WHY DID YOU USE THE POV ON TY?????

I don't like Ty. I agree with all points above about him. But these people deserve to lose to him. They not only did nothing to get him out, they did something to help him stay!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I will repeat for the third time (lol) DANIEL! WHY DID YOU USE THE POV ON TY?????

I don't like Ty. I agree with all points above about him. But these people deserve to lose to him. They not only did nothing to get him out, they did something to help him stay!

You could say it 10 times and it still wouldn't be enough!! 😂

Every time I think about it I want to smack Daniel upside the head! 🙄

He might have been sitting pretty right now and possibly the winner of the whole season if he hadn't been such a sap using the veto on Ty who doesn't seem to  appreciate anything or feel obligated to return the favor unless it will benefit him. 

• Like 1

This is the first time I'm not looking forward to the finale.  I don't care who wins, because I don't like any of the final three.  I was never glued to the live feeds, but I did watch when I could and my daughter filled me in on what was going on and what Taran had to say. Once Kuzie left, so did my interest. Even Arisa seemed over it to me. I've been to many live tapings and she had so much enthusiasm that seemed missing to me. In other years - especially last year - I had such anticipation for the final show. Now I feel like it really could be the final show, forever. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I don't see a scenario where Ty doesn't make it to final 2. Especially since there's usually an insurance comp of some sort. But who will he take with him? I think he's actually nervous Daniel could possibly win against him so I think he'll take Claudia. However, Claudia could have a chance to win against Ty.  I think the jury is bitter against him, she has a few allies in there and she has had a good social game and won some important comps.

Wow ok. Incorrect about Ty winning his way for F2 but he still got there.

I really thought Claudia had a chance to win. The jury was bitter but bitter against her, not Ty. How? What? Why?

Anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️ that's all I got. Lol

• Like 1
(edited)
On 5/12/2023 at 6:55 AM, Samwise979 said:

Wow ok. Incorrect about Ty winning his way for F2 but he still got there.

I really thought Claudia had a chance to win. The jury was bitter but bitter against her, not Ty. How? What? Why?

Anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️ that's all I got. Lol

JMO but I think some of the jury were bitter against Claudia but the jury really turned against her when she took Ty to F2

she gave her speech about being a strong woman who makes the hard choices but she blew it with the most important hard choice of all, ditching Ty and taking Daniel to F2

I don’t think the jury respected that move and she wound up looking like a silly little girl blinded by love.

She also looked foolish when Arisa asked Ty if he’d be going to PEI and he waffled, then Claudia in her silly, nervous little girl voice asked him and he sort of brushed it off and said he’d go there at some point…  he looked like he wanted to change the subject.

Edited by Joan of Argh
PEI not Newfoundland
  • Like 1

So disappointed in so many things. Claudia had the perfect chance to take out Ty. While I feel she still may have lost to Daniel, it would have been close.  Still, I was surprised she got so few votes, I thought her final speech would have done it, especially mentioned Ty almost quitting. The jury did not look like they were happy that they had to vote for either of them.

• Like 1

I figure they gave it to Ty because he was a comp beast and it looked to them like Claudia was riding his coattails. BB juries tend to haaaaate hangers-on.

21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She also looked foolish when Arisa asked Ty if he’d be going to Newfoundland and he waffled, then Claudia in her silly, nervous little girl voice asked him and he sort of brushed it off and said he’d go there at some point…  he looked like he wanted to change the subject.

PEI, just for the record.

• Thanks 1

It's so ironic that we have all this talk about strong women alliances, getting out the bros, the Crown alliance that seemed they would dominate the game, all this strategy talk, and still a freaking showmance makes it to the end and surprise surprise, the woman is dismissed as stupid and the masculine guy (who was brought to the final two) wins.

I suggest they just put showmances into the house and let them compete. Staying single in big brother doesn't get you anywhere anymore.

The most ironic moment of all was when Ty said to his mom he wishes he made her proud. Be sure that you didn't make her proud Ty with your misogynistic behavior.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

The 12 out of the 14 people have been revealed. The two will be revealed at the premiere or something.

https://www.bigbrothercanada.ca/houseguests/

I usually am much more excited for BB Canada than BB US but this year and with the digital updates (such a joke) I am not the least excited. Added to that is that I guess we'll get two players who have already played and maybe it will be something like with Paul and I don't ever want to see returning players. Also, why only 14 people?

All in all, I don't know if I will follow this season.

I watched the players 's intros. Much more of the same. The bubbly girl, the meathead, the nerdy guy, the artist, the gay, the mom and so on. I still don't know why there will only be 14 people, 2 of them returning ones. Not at all excited. Even Taran who makes money from this seemed he gave no shit.

I saw a tweet that said "you bitches want live feeds to judge people online and destroy their lives" and I was confused; nobody forced them to apply for big brother, it's their choice and they know they will be judged. If they don't want to be called names and be strictly judged, they can be kind and respectful to other players.

Taran will only do two podcasts a week for BB Canada 12, one on Thursday after eviction and one roundtable on Friday. He seems that he doesn't even care for this season and he is just doing it as an obligation. Of course the BB producers have achieved what they wanted which is people watching the episodes and no bad publicity. Such a disappointment.

• Like 1

I know Anthony is the best player to have never won according to Taran so he will drool over him all season long. Spicy V is someone I dislike. The rest, from the interviews I watched, are just the same stereotypoe as always. The no live feeds is a killer. I won't bother.

1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I thought Spicy Vee was annoying the last time.  I am not sure who it was that thought we wanted to watch her again.  

She is loved by RHAP fans so I guess by most of the fans. 🙄

(edited)

Opening Digital Dailies:

Nice to see the first-day conversations.

Things I see:

A girls' alliance is starting.

Tola and Vivek are a gaming duo. Vivek is kissing up to Anthony.  Hope it's fake.    Aside from that, these two have game smarts.  I hope they last.

It sounds like a guy will go first.

Victoria told Anthony to let her win this first comp.   Not sure if his ego would like that.

Avery seems to be on the ball.  Probably the best of the girls.  Janine is good, too. 

Some are enamored with the vets, which isn't good.

A forties alliance is starting, with Bayleigh (who is thirty-three) as a fourth.

Could have missed stuff jumping around.

First HoH is Anthony, so his ego couldn't take throwing it.

Lexus won the initial safety challenge and chose to be part of Anthony's entourage.

Big Sisters alliance formed.

Over 40's alliance.

Team Anthony: Donna, Bayleigh, Lexus, Dinis, Vivek, and Elijah.

Team Victoria: Matthew, Avery, Tola, Janine, Kayla, and Todd.

Edited by Rodney
(edited)

A lot of pretty people on this season, the girl who got every vote for being annoying needs to be worried. 

Oh Victoria, all gung-ho to form a Womens' alliance, then saying she has to be careful since Anthony is her ride and die, this is why the men rule these things, so stupid.  She's very annoying, as people who are 'on' all the time usually are.  It has be a personna she created I think, I wonder what she's like in real life.

This is mean I guess, but if someone  told her that dress she had on looked good, they obviously hate her, I expected someone to end up with a black eye from a wayward boob.   They all seemed to be uncomfortable in those skin tight dresses, constantly tugging on them, and seemed relieved to change out of them.

Edited by wintrygal
  • Like 1

I don't like when someone thinks that others should throw the win to them.  Spicy Vee was angry that Anthony didn't let her win.  Why?  She wants to vote out the guys and help the women.  Just why should Anthony want to do that?  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, wintrygal said:

This is mean I guess, but if someone  told her that dress she had on looked good, they obviously hate her, I expected someone to end up with a black eye from a wayward boob.   They all seemed to be uncomfortable in those skin tight dresses, constantly tugging on them, and seemed relieved to change out of them.

Omg spicy looked so awful, the dress, the hair, the boobs…. Ugh!

I’d love to know where she found that monstrosity dress, everything about it was gross and disgusting, enough to make someone go blind!  🤢🤮

Spicy always looks like she needs a shower.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

This is a really slow start to the forums for this go round.  I like how the "prize package" has increased, but I really, really dislike how they are leading them on about the car.  It's a 2 year paid lease, they don't really get the car.  Last night when they were announcing the prizes, they were careful to say "drive away in a new car".  Very deceiving.

image.thumb.png.f8bffeda83138045044dcb24b8c5589b.png

Spicy Vee better hope the others never compare notes.  She seems to be making up stuff just for the fun of it.  I believe this is the reason she got voted out last time she played.  She can't help herself.  She wants to manipulate everyone.  

• Like 2
(edited)

Well as much as I've always looked forward to watching BB Canada, I think I have to pull away from this one, it enrages me, and I think it raises my blood pressure too which is usually always low, lol...  I really would have liked to see how this season would have played out without the return of former players (aka- 'LOSERS"), and that's what they are, they lost their seasons, tough.  It ruins the show for me, and creates a level of unfairness to the new ones, (IMHO) they are often awestruck (why???) by these returnees, and  often to afraid to go against them. 

I've watched every season of BB Can and just can't remember Anthony at all, was he a goat that was drug to the end by the winner? Who was the winner? Which season was it? 

I couldn't stand Victoria on her previous  go round and dislike her even more now, she so over the top ridiculous, and there's noting cute or sexy about a 30 year woman acting like a 15 year old teenager, and dressing like one, a romper, really?     Give me old Ciri in her raggedy ass bathrobe anyday.

I know it's part of the game, the lies and scheming, but to me it just feels like shit stirring for the sake of it, just to get her some attention.   She has no plan it seems other than to create chaos, well it worked for her the last time, oh wait....

I do think the smug cow will eventully get eaten by her own lies, but I just can't  watch anymore,  or see this woman preening and showing off in front of the camera, while new players get sent home before they even get a chance to play, they are being played instead.   I don't like the singling out of one person, just like last week, they are all too snowed by these returnees, sheep if you will. 

I will keep recording and checking here hoping to see that she's been booted but I won't hold my breath.  

Mileage may vary, but this is how I feel, maybe I'm getting too old for this shit.  At least I have the Amazing Race, and CBC is showing the World Figure Skating, they haven't shown any this season at all, Go Canada!

Edited by wintrygal
  • Like 1

I agree with pretty much everything, although I don't mind what anybody wears. Having two returning players, and even announcing them as "stars" with everybody else in their "entourages", then giving them safety and handing one of them HoH - not really my idea of fun to watch.

I didn't remember Anthony either, so I had to search old threads on a different site and discovered that I despised watching him. So much I guess I just forgot. And Victoria is super shrill and annoying. 

She's over-playing. This Vivek/Bayleigh thing was unnecessary. So hopefully she and Anthony will be out sooner rather than later with few new players sacrificed.

I usually like watching them get their footing in the first couple of weeks, but this is just boring and hard to watch. I might also just skip the season - we'll see how the rest of this week goes.

• Like 2

Avery was the player that made a big deal about going after the 2 returnees when they entered the BB House.  She talked a big game.  Spicy V and Anthony enter the house and Avery is their biggest cheerleader.  She is just hanging on them.  I really hope at least some of the newbies have the guts and brains to go after Spicy V and Anthony.  I don't want to watch a season of them running the house.  Spicy V really irritates me.  She can not leave soon enough.

• Like 4

I dislike  Anthony  with a passion.  He's  a legend  in his own mind, and I hate the way he speaks to any female  in the house. Spicy Vee is a lousy player, she's  going  to trip up soon. Avery is her little  spy.

Amanda  is an attractive  girl, but when she was with Arissa,  she sounded  like a bit of an airhead, flipping  her hair around.  I don't have a favourite  player yet, but it's neither  of the returnees 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

My god could SpicyV be anymore annoying?!?!  What’s wrong with her??

I hope she enjoys kissing Anthony’s ass right up until he decides her dumbass needs to EXIT STAGE LEFT!!!! Go to jury and make sure he gets all the votes he’ll need to win whichever newbie he drags to F2 as his goat.

SpicyV is playing the same chaotic idiot game she played last time, I hope she gets evicted next because I can’t take much more of her stupid face, shrill voice or ugly outfits   😖

• Like 3

This game is so frustrating  to watch. I'm hoping  the pawn goes home, not because  I care for Bayleigh, I just don't  want it all to go according  to plan.

Vee had it good, HOH last week, and this week she managed to eat and drink her way through  the HOH comp. She should  have sat out of it all! 

I wanted to smack Vivik upside the head.

I hope Vivik is evicted next, with the Goose winning HOH he’ll do whatever Anthony tells him to do.

I really wish BB would quit putting former players in the house because it always ruins the season, all the lemmings are starstruck and do whatever Spicy and Anthony tell them to do. 

• Like 3

I can't  even look at Anthony,  his goodbye  messages make me sick. I hope he goes soon. I wish Vee would stop stroking  her damned hair. I thought Dinis had a chance, and he knew what everyone  was up to. I don't  have a favourite,  in fact I was thinking  of taking it off my pvr. Crap season  so far.

• Like 5