Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Evolution

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

When Rick and Glenn initially tried the Walker guts trick, it worked until the rain washed the residue off of the sheets they were wearing, to make the skin faces that the Whisperers are using bearable to wear, they will have to be cleaned to a certain degree, surely that cleansing process will negate any effect that they would have in fooling the Walkers into believing that they are one and the same. They only appear to be using skin to cover the face, which I don’t think would be sufficient to fool the Walkers into not attacking the Whisperers, but maybe I need to relax and just go with the flow of the show Lol

It makes zero sense within the show’s cannon. The sense of smell was always stupid and it’s like the Whisperers are what would have worked better. Visually not looking like a live human. God knows the human sense of smell is weak.

Realistically, I think being around the walkers for extended periods of time would make people sick anyway. Those rotting corpses would get into all kinds of dirty things and keep going. If the mask wasn’t cured? Sick. Walking around with their guts on you? Sick. The whisperers would have died out early into their scheme from diseases or infections.

• Love 3
On 11/28/2018 at 12:41 PM, LydiaMoon1 said:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to spoil that for you. I thought that had already revealed it on the show. 

It was clearly revealed.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:18 PM, Nashville said:

And after Henry answered Gage, I’d guess the starry-eyed wistful sigh which escaped Gage means Addy ain’t putting out.  

Well... not to Gage, at least.  :>

Addy seems to have cornered the market on sweaty, dopey, horny, teenaged boys as girls seem to be in short supply. Or maybe any other young girls aren't out and about, drinking and carrying on with said dopey boys.

I forced myself to rewatch some of this ep, and this show really needs to open the coffers and get better damned wigs! Michonne is the worst, I think, with half her head shaved (I can only assume she sat in the mirror and thought about what to do with her coif) and looking like a scalped shag rug and the other half hanging directly over her left eye, like some sort of post-AZ Veronica Lake. Very appropriate and practical. Carol's is hideous and looks like a dried-out horse tail she cut and stuck on her head. Pathetic, and they really need to think of better ways to denote the passage of time than making women look ridiculous.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I forced myself to rewatch some of this ep, and this show really needs to open the coffers and get better damned wigs! Michonne is the worst, I think, with half her head shaved (I can only assume she sat in the mirror and thought about what to do with her coif) and looking like a scalped shag rug and the other half hanging directly over her left eye, like some sort of post-AZ Veronica Lake. Very appropriate and practical. Carol's is hideous and looks like a dried-out horse tail she cut and stuck on her head. Pathetic, and they really need to think of better ways to denote the passage of time than making women look ridiculous.

I agree with everything you said about the awful hair!  

• Love 2
On 01/12/2018 at 4:46 AM, Carl Malone said:

Well I'm late to the party but I'm bored so here goes. Easiest way to defeat the whisperers is to just go full auto and shoot into heards. Might not hit them but you'll easily see who's dead and who isn't. I don't like how no one on the show fights the dead correctly.

If I was dealing with a Walker, I wouldn’t approach one without every inch of my skin being covered in bite proof material, I would have a full face bike helmet on and I would get no closer than the six foot spear I was carrying, effective and sensible yes, but totally boring for a tv audience, this is why the shows preferred method of Walker dispatching, is to grab it with bare arms and stab it with a six inch knife, totally stupid, but as and when required someone will get bitten.

The show should be finding a sensible compromise between boring safety and rank stupidity, this is where intelligent, creative writing should take over, no problem you’d think, yet we had the recent scene of ‘Maggie’s’  Ken getting killed saving the horse, a perfect example of what’s wrong.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

this is where intelligent, creative writing should take over,

Yes, but first they have to find intelligent, creative writers.

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Ken getting killed saving the horse, a perfect example of what’s wrong.

Oh, dear. I would get upset all over again at the mention of Ken's sad demise if I could remember who the hell he was.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree with everything you said about the awful hair!  

Seconded!

What I don't understand is all the men's hair seems to be EXACTLY the same as it was six years ago.  Daryl lives in a tent in the forest with a dog he hasn't gotten around to name, yet his hair is exactly the same length as it was before the time jump.  Does he have a Flowbee stashed away somewhere?  TWD's war on women is counter-productive, since the female characters are their only saving grace.

• Love 3

Have we seen Ezekiel yet in the six year time jump?  I haven't paid close attention in the last few episodes.  I wonder if he shaved his hair on one side like Michonne did, or did he just grow it longer?  

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

What I don't understand is all the men's hair seems to be EXACTLY the same as it was six years ago.

I'm pretty sure on rewatch (although I FF'd a lot) that someone took what looked like some knitting yarn, tied it at one end and pinned it on the back of Eugene's head and we haven't seen Zeke. But otherwise, yeah - all the men seem to have good barbers and stylists. Well, except Daryl, but as noted, his hair grew only so long and then stopped.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, dear. I would get upset all over again at the mention of Ken's sad demise if I could remember who the hell he was.

The Blacksmith’s son, on the trip back from DC with the much needed log canoe and wagon that was worse than the one they went there in.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm pretty sure on rewatch (although I FF'd a lot) that someone took what looked like some knitting yarn, tied it at one end and pinned it on the back of Eugene's head and we haven't seen Zeke. But otherwise, yeah - all the men seem to have good barbers and stylists. Well, except Daryl, but as noted, his hair grew only so long and then stopped.

The mullett has become a proper braid, Siddiq has some Victorian (?) thing going on, Jesus discovered that long hair can go into a bun and I think we’ve seen Ezekiel but I can’t remember what his hair looked like. The show has a delightful history of bad hair or hair that makes no sense. 

I don’t think they’re deliberately trying to make the women look bad... because they’re usually more into the women looking attractive than anything. The hair and wig department just sucks often.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, except Daryl, but as noted, his hair grew only so long and then stopped.

I think he uses the bucket cut, a bucket on his head and anything that shows below the rim gets cut off, I think he was sharing one with Maggie at one point, or would it be a pail over there? 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, amazinglybored said:

I don’t think they’re deliberately trying to make the women look bad... because they’re usually more into the women looking attractive than anything.

I don't know about "attractive." I guess that depends on your point of view. They certainly try to make them look like sex objects (only if they are young), although little sex is ever allowed, with their skin-tight pants and low cut tank tops in which they sweat even though the men seem comfortable in jackets and long leather coats.

5 hours ago, amazinglybored said:

Jesus discovered that long hair can go into a bun

... and took the time to get someone to pull out the hair from the bun, around the base of his skull and trim it in a perfectly uniform and trendy semi-circle. Really, you wonder how they have time to sit around thinking about their complex hairdos or hair "dont's".

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I don't know about "attractive." I guess that depends on your point of view. They certainly try to make them look like sex objects (only if they are young), although little sex is ever allowed, with their skin-tight pants and low cut tank tops in which they sweat even though the men seem comfortable in jackets and long leather coats.

That’s what I was ineptly trying to say but I’d say a sex object is supposed to be attractive. They stopped trying to be subtle with the harem. 

• Love 1
On 2018-11-27 at 9:26 PM, Brooke0707 said:

Wait so, did I understand that right? Regular people are sewing dead faces on and pretending to be walkers? I don’t get it. What is the point of doing that?  Not to mention disgusting. Why don’t they just try being human murderers? What am I missing? Or are they walkers with two faces? That doesn’t make sense either. I’m confused!

To be fair, I couldn’t make out what Daryl said at the end. Maybe he explained it.

I was disappointed that the show wasn't veering into another dimension with thinking zombies.  But the show only reminded me of how easy it actually is to survive even if outnumbered by hundreds of walkers.  I guess Rick forgot. Just find the nearest incapacitated one, or dispose of one, and proceed to smear the guts all over yourself. Hell, Michonne even managed without the messy face paint by just herding a couple with her. 

And there doesn't seem to be any danger of walker blood and fluids splashed all over you, when even a small amount can seep into your eye ducts, nose and mouth and ears, let alone any small cut which in the ZA I'm sure a few at a time would be quite normal. So if its all safe an all...MUST SUSPEND DISBELIEF.... why not use the method more themselves? 

Create masks and waterproof outfits they could smear with fresh zombie guts when needed. I'm sure it does reek, but it could be used for emergencies, or to take along on runs, just in case.  If they were smart, a well prepared group wouldn't have to really worry about walkers, once they'd secured a fortress of some kind.

After they opened that plot device up it took a lot of the threat away, and the suspense factor in the series.  I don't particularly like that it became more of the same old "humans are the real monsters" plot line, and that Kill and Cover method made the human threat that much more threatening in comparison.

Edited by allthatglitters
  • Love 1

I've just watched it. Fast-forwarded through Negan's few scenes (although I wasn't in time to miss him talking about how every time he took a shit, the smell went right up Gabriel's nose - is he five? Stay classy, Negan. F'king hell. It wasn't that bad, when he was missing from the screen. Or maybe I just don't expect much anymore.

That end was creepy, though. I didn't even recognize Eugene - it's been so long since I watched it (or feels like it), and he has apparently lost the mullet! At least Jesus got to remind us of how he could fight, before that one turned on him (I knew to expect that, but it was still pretty neat, the way they shot it). 

That dog had better stay alive. 

• Love 3
On 11/25/2018 at 10:22 PM, tennisgurl said:

Now lets see who you really are! *pulls mask off* GASP! 

This whole episode was like some bizarre genre roulette. We get a boring as hell prison drama with Negan, a Very Special Episode of some 80s teen show with Henry and the Bad Influence teens, tons of spooky fog and dark castles like we`re on the Moors trying to escape a werewolf or Jack the Ripper or something, and a Scobby Doo ending! Has even the show itself finally gotten bored, and decided to start trying totally new shows?

Yeah, what was that with the teenagers? If it was supposed to show us that he's a great stand-in for Carl, they failed.

Wait, why were people here talking about waiting three days?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Anela said:

(although I wasn't in time to miss him talking about how every time he took a shit, the smell went right up Gabriel's nose - is he five?

Kirkman's idea of what is funny, witty or sexy is probably on par with what a 10-year old boy finds funny. Jokes about bodily functions, sniggering about sex and dicks and balls and boners and jerking off (he does seem to have an avid and odd fixation on male genitalia)- all springing from the genius mind of Bobby. Impressive. I swear the last time I heard anyone talk this way I was in 6th grade.

17 hours ago, Anela said:

At least Jesus got to remind us of how he could fight, before that one turned on him (I knew to expect that, but it was still pretty neat, the way they shot it). 

Yes, very neat. The angles, the creepiness of it - it was the only part of this ep I liked. A magnificent 4 seconds.

On 12/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, allthatglitters said:

And there doesn't seem to be any danger of walker blood and fluids splashed all over you, when even a small amount can seep into your eye ducts, nose and mouth and ears, let alone any small cut which in the ZA I'm sure a few at a time would be quite normal.

Shhh! We're not supposed to remember that.

• Love 3
On 12/10/2018 at 1:14 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Did you sign the petition? Not that they ever listen to us though,

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/565/143/321/please-dont-kill-dog-on-the-walking-dead/

Of course they will kill the dog. The more people don't want it the more simple-minded gimple will want to do it. They could care less about petitions and/or what best drives the story. Every time someone or something begins to make an interesting story arc, boom gimple kills it.

(yes I am still around, although with Maggie gone I wondered if you were) :)

9 hours ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

(yes I am still around, although with Maggie gone I wondered if you were) :)

Hey,

The way she was shuffled off stage without so much as a wave goodbye, didn’t exactly put me in the best of moods, but I’m one of the fools that will keep watching to the very end. 

Speaking of the very end, all the refugees seem to have quit, it’s just me and thee!

Im hoping that as Daryl is now ‘the star’, even The Gimp won’t risk messing with Dog.

have a great Christmas

Why would the rest of the herd of real zombies listen to those fake zombies, even to the point of ignoring loud sounds? Or was the complete herd just fake zombies? If so, why?! Either way, this is dumb.

And at first I thought the dumbest thing would be that they hadn't figured out a better toilet-situation for Negan in all those years. I mean at least use a bucket and not a bedpan. Bedpans aren't great to carry over long distances and healthy people really don't need them.