Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: Slipping Away

• Start Topic

Alright, this makes me feel really weird but I'll defend the show slightly on suing a bank as trustee. Yes, it can be possible for a bank to agree to be a trustee and for a bank to have screwed up its oversight and be subject to a lawsuit. If they were the trustee, the mom wouldn't just have signing authority because it's not just a bank account. Defending the lawsuit, even in the 90s, could cost more than $60k so they'd be the prototypical deep pockets that Matt should be searching for.

That said, institutional trustees rarely agree to have control over distributions and so require co-trustees for exactly this reason. Also, there's no such thing as "pain and suffering" claims for financial torts like this one. Someone like Felice is exactly the kind of person who normally ends up as a trustee and is not the defendant of Matt's dreams even if she's wealthy because she'd probably counterclaim against the mom for fraud.

• Love 4

Am I suffering from Stockholm Syndrome or is Steve looking pretty good at this time in the show? It's so hard to care about Lauren. When a pic of her was up on the facebook page a few days ago, I couldn't even remember who she was, even while reading the caption. No one cares. But at least she gives Kelly another reason to be a smug bitch, so there's that.

• Love 2

Donna, a supposedly grown ass woman of 24(?), is wearing her hair in four freaking pig tails.   Stupid baby is stupid. 

I may have been guilty of doing that around that time in fashion history. Not a defense of Donna or her hair; more like something that I should be ashamed of.

• Love 2

Donna, a supposedly grown ass woman of 24(?), is wearing her hair in four freaking pig tails.   Stupid baby is stupid. 

My hair is so thick and takes so long to dry I have considered doing that and I'm an supposedly grown ass woman of 47. Only thing preventing me is my utter lack of skill in doing my hair.

It’s my understanding a trust requires an accounting every so often detailing the expenses, which is why Gina had the itemized list. As mentioned above, the bank could be on the hook for negligent oversight, Felice as a negligent trustee, and Bobbie could be brought into the suit to reimburse for the fraudulent expenses. It all depends on the terms of the trust.

15 hours ago, yousetmeupyoucrud said:

Something I've been wondering for awhile: so white trash Bobbi came from the same parents who named their other child FELICE?

I figured Bobbi was a nickname for Barbara (or Roberta). Do we ever see her name written?

Am I insane, or does Donna/Tori actually look really pretty in that first gif at the Peach Pit? Her updon't is still probably ridiculous, but you can't see that much of it from this angle, and the more natural make-up look is SO much better on her.

• Love 1

Alright, this makes me feel really weird but I'll defend the show slightly on suing a bank as trustee. Yes, it can be possible for a bank to agree to be a trustee and for a bank to have screwed up its oversight and be subject to a lawsuit. If they were the trustee, the mom wouldn't just have signing authority because it's not just a bank account. Defending the lawsuit, even in the 90s, could cost more than $60k so they'd be the prototypical deep pockets that Matt should be searching for.

That said, institutional trustees rarely agree to have control over distributions and so require co-trustees for exactly this reason. Also, there's no such thing as "pain and suffering" claims for financial torts like this one. Someone like Felice is exactly the kind of person who normally ends up as a trustee and is not the defendant of Matt's dreams even if she's wealthy because she'd probably counterclaim against the mom for fraud.

Isn’t this similar to what Jim did for Dylan, where he had to approve every single withdrawal? So did Felipe approve this because of her secret shame of Dr. Martin’s key party antics with Bobbi? Are these girls the same age? Genetically how can they look so different if they have the same father and mothers who are sisters? I just can’t.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Isn’t this similar to what Jim did for Dylan, where he had to approve every single withdrawal? So did Felipe approve this because of her secret shame of Dr. Martin’s key party antics with Bobbi? Are these girls the same age? Genetically how can they look so different if they have the same father and mothers who are sisters? I just can’t.

Yes, that's also why Jim was right to examine Dylan's investment schemes so hard.  He and his firm could have been on the hook for any losses.
And, it's why Jim needed to quit three seconds after he first had the thought of using the trust to force Dylan to leave Brenda alone.  That was a near-criminal breach of fiduciary duty.

Separately, I had no idea that Gina and Donna were half-sisters until reading this thread. (I love the podcast but only watched 2-3 of the early years of 90210.)  Man, Gina got the short end of the deal. Donna grows up in the lap of luxury with everything handed to her without effort while Gina has to work at skating for hours every day but the show constantly treats Gina like trash, rather than Cinderella. Ugh.  

• Love 1

I don't get how Donna was ok with Gina and David dating . They dated for years and Donna lost the infamous virginity to him .. and she's A ok with them being together ? Sure . I hate when shows do that it's so unrealistic . 

On 11/22/2018 at 8:24 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

I figured Bobbi was a nickname for Barbara (or Roberta). Do we ever see her name written?

I was wondering that too. Maybe we know already but was Felice also poor and just married well and also happened to have a rich white lady name? Or did Bobbi make herself poor and then go with a trashy nickname? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, yousetmeupyoucrud said:

I was wondering that too. Maybe we know already but was Felice also poor and just married well and also happened to have a rich white lady name? Or did Bobbi make herself poor and then go with a trashy nickname? 

See this annoyed me because it totally doesn’t gel with the “Felice got knocked up and dropped out of the Rose Pageant” story from college. Unless maybe that was a miscarriage and she had Donna later? I didn’t notice exactly what graduating class Felice belonged to.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Love 1

Do you think that Felice was originally named something else, like maybe Francesca (Frankie and Bobbi) and then she changed her name? I thought she didn't get knocked up with Donna but rather miscarried after they got married.  My fan fiction is that she was an ambitious gal in college and met/fell in love with this struggling med student or maybe he was just an undergrad and she helped him through school?  Remember when Felice was having an affair?  Wonder why she didn't bring up Dr. Martin's infidelity during that time? (since I'm assuming this was all carefully mapped out in the 90210 playbook).

• Love 3