Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

They didn't recycle? Til now? JFC 

No and she actually bragged about going out and buying recycling bins . . . GAH!

And I noticed no congratulations to Katy Tur and her husband Tony on the birth of their little guy Teddy.  I thought she just loooooooooooooves babies.  Just lots of congratulations from the usual suspects on her giving up sugar and now sharing that new medical breakthrough with all of us.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Gawker's back? 

No. Kemper said whassup with Cowboy Joe and I said CJ is promoting a 2016 song and I posted a 2016 Gawker link reviewing the song. 

Sorry if I confused anyone, Gawker is still defunct and Austin is still a hokey song. 

Edited by suomi
promoting is a word
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

And I noticed no congratulations to Katy Tur and her husband Tony on the birth of their little guy Teddy.  I thought she just loooooooooooooves babies. 

• Love 5

If anyone is interested I posted a lovely Twitter video The 11th Hour with Brian Williams about Katy, her baby and how she met her husband over on the is it called Other Network Shows and then there is a thread for MSNBC.  Also Ayman Mohyeldin and his wife had a baby too so that's why he hasn't been on the air lately.

Oh and Meeks gave up sugar because apparently it's bad for you.  🙄

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh and Meeks gave up sugar because apparently it's bad for you.  🙄

Was this why she was talking about her disordered eating? Because, IMO, this no sugar thing is likely stemming from that (not saying that’s true of everyone who goes sans sugar, but given all her other food issues I’d put good money on it in her case). Restrictive diets act as a good disguise. 

• Love 4

OMG, you guys. Out of morbid curiosity, I visited the KYV site and read Mika’s post about giving up sugar. It was so, so sad and pathetic.

First off, I’m not entirely sure how giving up sugar is going to get you more money at work,  but okay.

Second, apparently Joe sabotaged her plan by buying her a big caramel sundae after they got in a fight because she was grumpy and begging her to eat it to “save their marriage” (spoiler: she ate it and loved it). 

Third...well, I don’t know, it was just a weird, sad, bizarre article. She apparently had to give up running because she got so obsessive about it that it became unhealthy,  but now that she’s not eating sugar she’s running again and it’s somehow all okay. Ugh.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

They got the gloating about last night's gig out of the way at 6:01 and by the end of the A block I lost track of how many further mentions there were. And, of course, there were photos. Joe wore a suit and tie and straight-up wind tunnel hair. Mica selfied with Jonathan Lemire and tried for trout mouf but ended up tight-smiling. Bless her heart. How old is she? Too old for that. Joe riffed on Jonathan Lemire as the band manager who takes 85% of the gate. The gate was zero because the show was free so Lemire isn't getting rich any time soon. Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to how much this vanity band sets Joe back? Yikes, I hope the presidential campaign budget is safely set aside. Katty Kay opined that they are glowing this morning so they should gig every night. Exuberant post-show tall-hair sex will do that for ya. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, suomi said:

They got the gloating about last night's gig out of the way at 6:01 and by the end of the A block I lost track of how many further mentions there were. And, of course, there were photos. Joe wore a suit and tie and straight-up wind tunnel hair. Mica selfied with Jonathan Lemire and tried for trout mouf but ended up tight-smiling. Bless her heart. How old is she? Too old for that. Joe riffed on Jonathan Lemire as the band manager who takes 85% of the gate. The gate was zero because the show was free so Lemire isn't getting rich any time soon. Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to how much this vanity band sets Joe back? Yikes, I hope the presidential campaign budget is safely set aside. Katty Kay opined that they are glowing this morning so they should gig every night. Exuberant post-show tall-hair sex will do that for ya. 

Oh suomi thank you for this.  I know I am not a fan of Meeks and I worry that sometimes I just look for things to be wrong but that opening was just gross.  I am not saying the Mueller report is heart stopping news since we don't even know what it is (although we certainly have discussed it to death) but when she shoehorned that plug for his show in first . . . CLICK.

As for her new obsession with sugar/recycling, I have people like her in my family and they will do anything to get and then keep themselves in the spotlight.  It's just nutty to think this all came as a total surprise to her.  That's why I don't trust a syllable that comes out of her mouth anymore.  That KYV umbrella is going to be a frigging circus tent by the time she gets through shoving things underneath it.

• Love 2

Funny, I "gave up" sugar  years ago, and I don't remember it being a world shattering event for me or anyone I know.   For $600 I'll tell you all what happened and how it turned out.  😅

As usual, Mika has to be overly dramatic about everything.  She fails to realize no one gives a shit what someone else eats. 

55 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

(I am really turning into a mean girl).

I doubt that.   

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Funny, I "gave up" sugar  years ago, and I don't remember it being a world shattering event for me or anyone I know.   For $600 I'll tell you all what happened and how it turned out.  😅

As usual, Mika has to be overly dramatic about everything.  She fails to realize no one gives a shit what someone else eats. 

I doubt that.   

Thank you my friend.  My snarky comment was if you really want to cut sugar out of your diet, put down that wine glass.  Talk about hidden/empty calories.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

hank you my friend.  My snarky comment was if you really want to cut sugar out of your diet, put down that wine glass.  Talk about hidden/empty calories.

Sing it sister!! That's not mean! That's just fact.  

Mika might want to read up on something that would actually help women.  Those studies about how "wine is good for you ladies" was funded by the liquor industry. Wine raises your estrogen levels. That is from actual medical studies, not some bullshit from Seagrams and the liquor lobby. 

https://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/DrinkingAlcohol.html

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

put down that wine glass

At a restaurant recently the menu listed calories of a single glass of wine.  And it became clear why I can't lose these love handles.  1 glass is 250 to 400 calories.  I'm a tall drink of wine so 4+ glasses of wine is no big deal, but that can be 1600 calories, which is 60% of what I need in a day.
Is Mika on a diet currently?  She was a big no-soda proponent around 5 years ago.  Her thoughts on diet and nutrition back then were facile at best, and embarrassingly uninformed at the least.  And all of her comments were fueled by judgment.  If you ate sugar, you were stupid.  If you drank soda, you were stupid.  She'd mock and deride.
That is when I realized she was an idiot.  She had a bully pulpit from where she could help educate and inform and set an example.  Instead, she did the least amount possible and didn't educate herself on the science of nutrition and grew tired of dieting because it irritated Joe
Now, how was her exercising destructive?  Did she go into details?

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Now, how was her exercising destructive?  Did she go into details?

All I know is she said she used to run 5 mi a day rain or shine, and it sounds like she ate very little.  

But she also drank wine and vodka iirc,  and was always drinking those huge whipped cream deals from Starbucks on the show. I can see how her body was addicted to sugar and she's having withdrawal.  

Her deal now is mango and collard green smoothies, so again, go overboard much? Drink your coffee with stevia, eat a piece of fruit with peanut butter instead of cookies or pastries.  Eat protein after you eat something starchy to balance your blood sugar. 

It's science, but not rocket science.  No wonder Joe gets frustrated with her bullshit. She can't do anything in moderation and she must be the nag of the century to live with. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Eliot said:

Second, apparently Joe sabotaged her plan by buying her a big caramel sundae after they got in a fight because she was grumpy and begging her to eat it to “save their marriage” (spoiler: she ate it and loved it). 

Such a solid marriage. #goals

• Love 6
4 hours ago, suomi said:

Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to how much this vanity band sets Joe back?

Y'know, I don't have any problem with some middle-aged never-was-rock-star living out his dreams and blowing his wad playing in a band if it makes him happy.  I have a problem with a television news host and his dippy wife using network air time to plug his mediocre-at-best product, for no other reason than his personal enrichment.  

12 hours ago, Eliot said:

Second, apparently Joe sabotaged her plan by buying her a big caramel sundae after they got in a fight because she was grumpy and begging her to eat it to “save their marriage”

They've been married, what, not even six months, and the marriage is already on the rocks?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

Y'know, I don't have any problem with some middle-aged never-was-rock-star living out his dreams and blowing his wad playing in a band if it makes him happy.  I have a problem with a television news host and his dippy wife using network air time to plug his mediocre-at-best product, for no other reason than his personal enrichment.  

So much agreement. But I don't think it's enrichment. I think it is pure vanity.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Such a solid marriage. #goals

One of the first secret squirrel clandestine photos that hit the tabloids when they were both still married was outside an ice cream place.  He had just walked out with her order and the shot was her throwing her arms around his neck and planting a huge kiss.

And no he didn't drop the ice cream but I also don't want to hear he's sabotaging her dietary discipline as I'm pretty sure she does whatever she wants whenever she wants it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Ah and there's today's KYV plug for that Ascend Forum featuring Carly Fiorino who if I am not mistaken got her boost at AT&T because she was sleeping with her now husband while both of them were married to other people.  Now where have I heard that before? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, I don't know who does their chyron work but they need a raise:

image.thumb.png.d83533eba5e3ba8bce496c9aac990b02.png

I know Joka are going to run this bit into the dirt but this is good for a chuckle.

Joe loves getting the attention from Trump.

• Love 2
On 4/19/2019 at 6:26 AM, Chloesmom said:

And no he didn't drop the ice cream but I also don't want to hear he's sabotaging her dietary discipline as I'm pretty sure she does whatever she wants whenever she wants it.

Didn't we hear that she wears the pants, and she did get him to become an "Independent", which just means he gets to bad mouth both parties now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Mika somehow made herself the center of attention at someone else’s bridal shower....and then wore the “Bride” tiara through the other woman’s shower and through the airport. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't even know what to say about this.  To be honest, I didn't even read the article as I was stopped in my tracks with her cross legged on a table meditating.  What is it with her and tabletops?:

4 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

You know she's super serious about mindfulness because she hired a photog to take a picture of her faking mindfulness so you'll know how serious she is.

I always sit on a conference table when I'm being mindfully conscience or whatever the fuck she thinks she's doing. 

That's some major shade Joe is throwing there. Mika is being "mindful of her emotions" and Joe is the benefactor.  ouch  

DON'T YOU FUCKING BRING SUGAR IN THIS HOUSE AGAIN!!!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

That's some major shade Joe is throwing there. Mika is being "mindful of her emotions" and Joe is the benefactor.  ouch  

Their relationship makes me so uneasy. They both go to such lengths to make her look like The Boss Lady(TM), I guess for the sake of her “brand”...or something. Then he’s so easily dismissive and assholeish in front of a crowd. 

• Love 2

I would have more respect for all of this "mindfulness" if she wasn't posing, perfectly coiffed and made up.  Maybe if she meditated (posed) with her natural face and hair up in a pony she would not seem to be just grabbing onto one more thing to promote herself.  Sorry, mean girl came out. 

Apparently a 3-hour news show is easy!  No work or prep required...it's probably 2nd (or maybe even third) on their list of priorities.  But without it they would be stuck in Florida (no knock on Florida!) with family and each other 24/7.  Because no one would be interested in any of their vanity projects or their opinions on anything.  So...guys, keep your day job.    

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Cry for attention, table (ahem) for one:

The man behind her on his phone took a picture and is texting his wife "Can you believe this idiot woman?" 

50 is a little old to pretend to be a princess Mika

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I call this one the Louise Linton Mnuchin look:

image.png.3743e6d3ef7f9cb3fd490e5f94555014.png

I call this one Your Table Will Be Ready In a Minute:

image.png.cc927ed3e3bd46d98eb8f4fc3f1c7b71.png

😂 😂 😂 what are these? Why do they have exist?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

😂 😂 😂 what are these? Why do they have exist?

They are part of her KYV nonsense on Twitter.  There's an even better one on her Instagram at an actual KYV photoshoot with Hobs that I would entitle:  Coming Soon To The Spring/Summer JC Penney catalogue but I can't get it to copy over.

This is such a load of manure.  This week, three of her female MSNBC colleagues received awards (Andrea Mitchell received a lifetime achievement award for heavens sake) or had important articles written about them and not a peep out of her.  So much for girl power.

eta:  hey wait, does this work?  It does, check out the second shot:

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2

There is a lot to unpack in that pic of Meeka posing on the table with the candle between her legs.  She actually looks wonderful...hair and makeup, matching top and sneakers.  She is a very attractive woman. But I can't help but think she is channeling Gloria Swanson (in Sunset Boulevard) telling Mr. DeMille she was "ready for her close-up" - I am showing my age here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

How many times has she had the girls enlarged?  FFS when they look THAT big under a sweatshirt, you may have gone to the plastic surgeon once too often. 

I believe Joe directs these photo shoots.  I saw a video of him doing one for one of her "book" covers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1