Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

I always see that Laurel forced her parents to send her to Oliver's private school, however according to the comics Sara went to the same school as Laurel. The Lance's obviously wanted their daughters to go that school.  Either the Lance's saved the money, had the money or both Laurel and Sara got in on a scholarship or maybe Dinah taught at the school, then left after Sara died to teach at a University in Central City. 

Seriously, which ever one of you (or is she a collective?) That writes as Laura Hurley just needs to step up and admit it.

Haha... I was just about to post the same thing. I remember mentioning KC's unfortunate resting bitchy face at one point.

Edited by lemotomato

As the proud owner of resting bitchface (nothing pisses me off more than rando men telling me to smile), I would usually defend KC, but she's an actress, and it's not that she has RBF in her private life...she has RBF onscreen. In scenes in which looking pissed off makes no sense. She should be emoting scene/character appropriate emotions, instead she just looks angry 99% of the time. It's totally ridiculous that the episode directors aren't speaking with her about it. I know that many of them don't have the time or the guts, but I have to imagine some of the regular directors do.

• Love 5

I'm sorry but KC is supposed to be an actress. You can't keep blaming the writers for the way she acts. There are others who get piss poor material on this show and they still try their best to elevate their "bad" lines.

When all she does now is have a sour looking face and becomes closed off with her arms folded towards her that is not something we blame the writers for.

• Love 4

Flarrow Bro Hug.

I have to say, that while I did like it, not sure it should be at #2

No.

I don't think that deserved number #2 at all. Besides huge Olicity moments, this season had Oliver/Thea moments, Diggle/Oliver moments, and OTA moments. So, no to number #2. 

• Love 1

I didn't like the hug. It would've been nice if Oliver actually wanted to do it in the first place, but it only seemed like he relented because Barry told him he was fast enough to do it without Oliver knowing (which is so unintentionally creeptastic, writers, come on!).

• Love 6

I have to say in the last couple of days I've found myself wondering if I had ever used the expression 'so there', because I was certain it meant something and then SA's last post and the related debate made me wonder and after some checking, it means something else entirely from what I thought, haha.

• Love 1

I have to say in the last couple of days I've found myself wondering if I had ever used the expression 'so there', because I was certain it meant something and then SA's last post and the related debate made me wonder and after some checking, it means something else entirely from what I thought, haha.

What does it mean? Other than a very childish response to an argument?

Laura Hurley's "Arrow" Roundup: 15 most heartwarming moments of 2015

Can you guess which one took the No. 2 spot?

Thank you, SmallScreenDiva!  I loved this article.

Laura Hurley's tweets and tumblr post regarding this article:

https://twitter.com/lah9891/status/683734705427103744

https://twitter.com/lah9891/status/683760991000211457

http://laurawritesabout.tumblr.com/post/136559191091/hey-laura-i-loved-your-heartwarming-moments-list

FYI, here's the Google definition of "so there":

used to express one's defiance or awareness that someone will not like what one has decided or is saying.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Posting this here just for the Arrow section (no spoilers)...

What’s coming for ‘Supergirl,’ ‘The Flash,’ ‘Gotham’ and 4 more comic book shows in 2016?
BY ANDREW A. SMITH, TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE AT 02:01 PM ON JAN 3, 2016
http://zap2it.com/2016/01/whats-coming-for-supergirl-the-flash-gotham-and-4-more-comic-book-shows-in-2016/

'Arrow’
Returns Wednesday, Jan. 20

Cliffhanger: Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), after accepting a proposal of marriage from Oliver Queen (Stephen Arnett), appears to have been killed. Also, bad guy Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) is revealed to have a family.

Fanboy Speculation: “Appears” is the key word, because the show can’t spare what is probably its most popular character. She’ll be saved, but the marriage will once again be postponed, as superhero marriages always are. Meanwhile, Team Arrow is invested personally in taking down Darhk, a villain who now has an Achilles heel aching to be discovered.

Edited by tv echo

Posting this here just for the Arrow section (no spoilers)...

What’s coming for ‘Supergirl,’ ‘The Flash,’ ‘Gotham’ and 4 more comic book shows in 2016?

BY ANDREW A. SMITH, TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE AT 02:01 PM ON JAN 3, 2016

http://zap2it.com/2016/01/whats-coming-for-supergirl-the-flash-gotham-and-4-more-comic-book-shows-in-2016/

'Arrow’

Returns Wednesday, Jan. 20

Cliffhanger: Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), after accepting a proposal of marriage from Oliver Queen (Stephen Arnett), appears to have been killed. Also, bad guy Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) is revealed to have a family.

Fanboy Speculation: “Appears” is the key word, because the show can’t spare what is probably its most popular character. She’ll be saved, but the marriage will once again be postponed, as superhero marriages always are. Meanwhile, Team Arrow is invested personally in taking down Darhk, a villain who now has an Achilles heel aching to be discovered.

Who wrote this? I hope Stephen Amell (not Arnett) doesn't see they spelled his name wrong and goes off on one of his tantrums.  Emily really is quite popular with  the media no misspelling of her name, just kidding. I'm sure the cast supports each other and someone was just in a rush to get their article published. But how hard is it to look up the lead actor of the show and spell his damn name correctly *shrug*?

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

*facepalm* That's not even Zap2It, that's a wire story from Tribune News Services, which is a fairly respectable news organization. I can only guess it was put together during the holidays when staffing is at its lowest and editing desks prioritize hard news over features stuff. Still no excuse to mess up the lead actor's name, though (I wonder if it's a spell-checking mistake? Spell-checking programs are notorious for inserting/offering the wrong names/spellings. I use one that always wants US Sen. Chuck Schumer's name to be replaced with Schmuck).

• Love 2

According to Laura the list is meant to be in chronological order. So there.

*snickers*

Here I thought perhaps LH was not a hugger. So as non-huggers, the hug would have been big for people like me & OQ.

Still not #2, but big :)

Edited by kismet

People have been predicting Lance's since S1, not really shocking if they get rid of him.  Of course that means they have to give up their Batman fascination,  since (according to the EPs) Lance = Gordon. 

They'll also have go give up all the potential fun/antagonistic Oliver/Lance as Mayor/Police Captain they could have in S5.

• Love 3

I think they will be making a big mistake if they sacrifice PB/QL to keep on some of the dead weight like KC/LL. It's not on a MQ level of missed opportunity and lost potential. But it's on par with them killing SL for no reason, when there were other ways to minimize CL/SL to bring about KC/BC.

That being said, it would not surprise me if the writers made that big mistake, because reasons. They tend not to think about the future when some of the drama of their big epic twists are too tempting. I can see how in the writers' room MQ's & SL's deaths seemed like OMG what crazy amazing writers we are, not realizing that they were only hurting themselves for future OMG dramas. It's one of the reasons, I think Roy was spared because they realized that even in the smallest amount bringing CH/RH back had far more potential than killing him.

It's also one of the reasons I think they will find some way to wiggle out the big grave reveal. As much as they might want to trim the cast, I can't imagine that after they took a step back and reevaluated the impact of the death on s5, they realized how easier their lives will be if they keep people alive and just send them away. I want to believe that the writers won't chicken out on the big death, but I totally see them chickening out - especially since no one seems to vocal about wanting off of Arrow.

• Love 3

My only disagreement with Laura Hurley is that I think Baby Mama can die because Oliver's son could reasonably be entrusted to the care of maternal grandparents for his safety.

Agreed. I also think that it isn't the spawn, because Oliver would feel responsible for the kid's death, unless it was totally unrelated to Oliver, but then he probably wouldn't be swearing vengeance against "him." (I get that Ms. Hurley was saying who can die for story reasons, not who is likely to die or not based on clues.) 

• Love 1

http://www.melty.com/arrow-season-4-what-effect-would-felicity-s-death-have-on-the-show-a2900.html

Interesting read!!

I DON'T understand how unimaginative some of these reviewing organizations are. They are foregoing all of the character growth of Oliver (I hate when they write his name as Ollie, grow the fuck up reviewers) just so they can regress him back to season 1 Oliver. How do they not get that he is on a heroes journey that is moving forward not backwards? Sure I can see him losing his way shortly after Felicity's injuries and placing the blame on himself, but do fans really want to see him get lost back in darkness? He needs to gather strength from Felicity words and honor her by staying in the light and doing things differently like they have said they will do. SMH at these people. I do believe there is an ulterior motive of wanting Felicity in the grave and it's not shake things up, or give meaning or a permanent feeling to death but to some how get back to a BC/GA story line. I could be wrong but I don't think I'm far off the mark.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 5

More grave speculation - this time from Den of Geek (discusses Felicity, Diggle, Thea, Laurel, Sara, Quentin, BM)...

Arrow season 4: Who is In The Grave?
Rob Leane   1/6/2016 at 7:39AM
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/arrow/251747/arrow-season-4-who-is-in-the-grave

At this stage, we’re probably meant to think that it’s Felicity Smoak in that grave. The midseason finale "Dark Waters" ended with Arrow’s female lead Felicity gunned down by Darhk’s men. The love of Ollie’s life has been shot, and looks to be bleeding out when the credits roll.

There is, indeed, every chance that this could be genuine. After four seasons of romance slowly blossoming, it would be typical Ollie luck for Felicity to be snatched away from him before he could wed her and live happily ever after. In terms of big character arcs that could come up in the future, it’s tough to imagine anything more major for Ollie to go through than the death of Felicity.

However, we can’t help questioning whether The CW would be this brave. Emily Bett Rickards’ performance as Felicity has been the light-hearted anchor keeping the show’s moodiness in check for years. Without her, the show could descend into pure misery. Rickards is also immensely popular with fans; so killing her off would surely incur some backlash.

Felicity dying would be too obvious from a plotting perspective, and perhaps too dangerous on the future showrunning side of things. I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s Felicity in the grave. Wouldn’t Ollie be more upset if she were dead? Or wouldn’t Barry employ his time traveling abilities to save her?

Edited by tv echo

Seeing Ollie so many times makes my eyes hurt and completely unwilling to read this. It may have an insightful perspective, but I hate this Ollie crap so much I don't want to read it.

• Love 6

I really don't understand why reviewers insist on referring to him as "Ollie" there is absolutely nothing cute about calling a grown man this. Thank goodness Felicity and Diggle don't. I was pissed that Barry called him Ollie too.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 5