Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

I'm not too crazy about Bratva either from what I've sampled. The exception being Bre's Blood Hands. But that's pretty canon compliant. The ones about Felicity being a Bratva princess hold no interest to me. And the summary of her being captain just seems less than likely.

• Love 1

I'm currently enjoying Magic Words by quiveringbunny.  It's an AU where Felicity is a magician in Las Vegas working her magic through tech and Oliver is a member of the audience who gets hauled up on stage.  It feels like she's kept the characters.

thatmasquedgirl has posted Knife in a Gunfight, the missing second story in her Monsters in the Mirror series (1, 3 and 4 are already posted).

I'm attracted to AUs right now because Oliver and Felicity apart fic are either so angsty I don't want to read them, or they're having sex while they're still apart and that ruins my happy place.

P.S. I hate you by entersomethingcleverhere: Felicity and Oliver are feuding neighbors

I thought the fic was fun but I couldn't connect those characters with Oliver and Felicity except by name. Oliver maybe because he's Ollie but the Felicity who took apart computers when she was 7 and got a double masters at MIT wouldn't be stumped by putting together an IKEA table, or swear like a longshoreman.

There's a new one by hannasus, who's an excellent writer, but I HATE it, bc Felicity disappears and Oliver decides to move on in a month and everyone pressures him to move on. I am not the love of anyone's life, but damnit, people better be sad about my death for a hell of a lot more than a month.

To be fair, he wasn't showering or fighting so I can see why Diggle and Thea would want him to pull himself together.

In the third chapter

Felicity apparently has amnesia, has joined the bad guys and shoots Oliver because he's trying to stop her.

.  I liked her other fic and this started good but I'm sick of the "Oliver/Felicity leaves in anger/sorrow/amnesia and disappears for months/years" trope.  There were some good ones but at this point, it seems like there is little left to say that isn't absurd.

The author of the first fic needs therapy if a fictional character bothers him so much. He's the same guy that wrote all those other poorly spelled and composed stories that kill off Felicity after making her a villain.

Look at them posting at the same time and leaving glowing reviews for each other. Quite a mutual admiration club they've got going.

So, I just updated my fic and this guy pm'd me on ffn, asking me a (poorly punctuated) question about the flashbacks - why me? All I do is write how awesome Felicity is, and how she should be in everything, and he hates Felicity!

What do I do, you guys? The call is coming from INSIDE the HOUSE - or website, whatever.

• Love 1

So, I just updated my fic and this guy pm'd me on ffn, asking me a (poorly punctuated) question about the flashbacks - why me? All I do is write how awesome Felicity is, and how she should be in everything, and he hates Felicity!

What do I do, you guys? The call is coming from INSIDE the HOUSE - or website, whatever.

Part of me thinks that he doesn't deserve a response from you. He's admitted that he writes and posts what he does to piss off Felicity fans. But I've also seen that nothing surprises/unnerves trolls off more than getting polite response by the people they're trolling/bothering. So I don't know? What do you feel like doing?

• Love 1

Part of me thinks that he doesn't deserve a response from you. He's admitted that he writes and posts what he does to piss off Felicity fans. But I've also seen that nothing surprises/unnerves trolls off more than getting polite response by the people they're trolling/bothering. So I don't know? What do you feel like doing?

Huh. That's kind of a good idea - answering his question. Let's see where he's going with this. I can always block him later.

An Olicity AU to the song Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson

I think my favorite part is the fact that they used SA's "You're pregnant" from his CSI: Miami appearance. I wouldn't even know it if I didn't happen upon it today by chance. He looks soooo douchy in that role.

Also, the "he never asks for money" part makes me giggle. No judgement here, I never had an issue with Felicity being the breadwinner, but the guy did ask her for money to buy a truck so they would get the wiendshild as evidence.

• Love 1

Here's a very long list of WIP recommendations.

Thanks! Some of these already fill my bookmarks, but some of them look good.

Now if I could get away from WIPs for a little bit. I didn't really even like "Blind Item" about the restaurateurs that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Since it was way too unrealistic that everyone would turn on OQ for one little comment when they've put up with it for decades according to the story. But I had to stick with it because gosh darn it, it wasn't horrendous and at least it was completed. I just needed to finish an actual story and not have to wait for an update.

I'm not too crazy about Bratva either from what I've sampled. The exception being Bre's Blood Hands. But that's pretty canon compliant. The ones about Felicity being a Bratva princess hold no interest to me. And the summary of her being captain just seems less than likely.

Blood Hands is just amazing... there is nothing that is not good about it.

The Bratva ones are all over the place... although I still keep an eye on the BratvaOliver tag. The biggest problem with the Bratva ones is that most have to give up a lot of what make OQ heroic. He's not saving the city. He's often just saving his family & FS. It's also always interesting how they integrate QC because some writers just aren't good with realistically making the Queens seem like a Bratva Family. So the stories often have to AU, and not every writer is equipped to create a whole separate world away from Arrow. Often with the Bratva ones, I try to look at them as separate stories and not really Arrow stories. I just look for good characterization and try to not focus on the wobbly connections back to Arrow.

If people are interested, the good ones I found are:

The Phoenix Saga by SuperSillyAndDorky06 http://archiveofourown.org/series/293267

Currently in the 2nd story. It has some good Oliver/Felicity moments. It's AU with heavy mob plots, but it's good.

A Tempest in a Teacup by sbarmarj http://archiveofourown.org/works/3309005/chapters/7228520

This one is interesting because it seemed to be average when I started. But I think the author has some interesting twists. I also like the O/F dynamics.

The Reluctant Queen by December_Daughter http://archiveofourown.org/works/2674541/chapters/5980481

This is the only Bratva one that I think has been able to introduce elements from the show but also be inventive with some of the tropes. There definitely were

some twists I didn't see coming.

• Love 1

sentence-fragments did a nice gifset for International Women's Day of all Arrow female characters.

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o1_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o2_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o4_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o5_r2_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o9_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o7_r2_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o3qmmbpy1X1qk7p66o10_r1_500.gif

Random thoughts. I love the inclusion of newborn Sara. I don't know why but it's strange to me that Carly showed up before Felicity. Did the newsanchor woman really only show up in S2? I never realized that. Wow, her colleague was really working overtime in S1 then. I'm remeinded of how much I loved Nyssa's first appearance.

Who is the woman in grey between Deadshot's kid and the NP priestess? She obviously appeared in S3. That looks like it could be Oliver's photo on the wall. I'm not entirely sure why and where there would be one, though.

• Love 2
Who is the woman in grey between Deadshot's kid and the NP priestess? She obviously appeared in S3. That looks like it could be Oliver's photo on the wall. I'm not entirely sure why and where there would be one, though.

Heh. That's not Oliver's photo. That is actual Oliver looking in through the ER door window. The lady in gray scrubs was Thea's doctor, I believe, when she was rushed to the hospital after getting skewered by Ra's.

That's a very nice gifset. I think I remember all those ladies, although some of their names escape me.

• Love 1

Heh. That's not Oliver's photo. That is actual Oliver looking in through the ER door window. The lady in gray scrubs was Thea's doctor, I believe, when she was rushed to the hospital after getting skewered by Ra's.

Duh me. Thanks. I remember her now. But he really is framed to appear like it's a photo in a smallish gif. 

They are so few. :/

Women? It doesn't really seem that way to me. Some minor ones are missing, I think, like that super scary staple gun wielding villainess from a couple of episodes back. Such oversight to leave her out. :D

I was planning to make an angsty Oliver and Felicity video dealing with the breakup but just couldn't get inspired to finish it.  So I decided to perk myself up by making a happy multifandom video that included Oliver and Felicity.

• Love 2

Late to the party  but wanted to mention I interact with the guy fairly regularly over on you know where.  He's not going to turn stalker on you (unless you're extra special, lol). For all the weird Fic, the dude is not that extreme in his posts (at that site)

Edited by BkWurm1
I am avoi
I am avoiding a project and clicked on a fic on AO3: Beneath the Mask. It captured my attention because I was trying to figure out if it was satire or not. Told from Laurel's POV, it begins when a wallowing Laurel eats poisoned ice cream while she is wearing the snuggie Oliver gave her a decade ago. It's worth holding out through the terrible spelling and grammar for chapter 6/7, which involves a fabulous exit by Damien Darhk and some fantastic use of fic tropes. I usually keep quiet when I think a fic doesn't work--people are putting their writing on the Internet for free--but this is either an excellent send-up or a fic that is so bad it's good. I'm on my phone and can't do a fancy link, but here it is: http://archiveofouro...apters/12787259

So, I decided to actually read the story....wow, you are kind of right. It's so not good, especially with the last few chapters. I feel like it has to be satire or a parody or something. But I don't know whether it's so bad it's good. The first few chapters, maybe. But starting on chapter six? It just gets really ridiculous with twist after twist. For anyone else going to read it, it should only take you fifteen minutes or less to read the whole thing, but it definitely takes an unexpected turn halfway through. I won't spoil for the people actually curious. But...yeah.

That was so bad.  Just bad and yet, I couldn't stop.  Nothing made sense.Still It's worth it to get to some of the crazier WTF. I honestly don't think it was satire.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Late to the party  but wanted to mention I interact with the guy fairly regularly over on you know where.  He's not going to turn stalker on you (unless you're extra special, lol). For all the weird Fic, the dude is not that extreme in his posts (at that site)

Yeah, his reply was kind of anticlimactic, lol! He kind of agreed with and repeated all my points, which, ok dude.

It's not really the stalking I'd be worried about, it's the revenge reports / reviews - you say something they take offense at, they turn around and report you for breaking the TOS, or leave a passive-aggressive anon review telling you that you're probably infringing copyright in your fic.

I am avoiding a project and clicked on a fic on AO3: Beneath the Mask. It captured my attention because I was trying to figure out if it was satire or not. Told from Laurel's POV, it begins when a wallowing Laurel eats poisoned ice cream while she is wearing the snuggie Oliver gave her a decade ago. It's worth holding out through the terrible spelling and grammar for chapter 6/7, which involves a fabulous exit by Damien Darhk and some fantastic use of fic tropes. I usually keep quiet when I think a fic doesn't work--people are putting their writing on the Internet for free--but this is either an excellent send-up or a fic that is so bad it's good. I'm on my phone and can't do a fancy link, but here it is: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5543276/chapters/12787259

I must admit I got curious after others mentioned reading it. And honestly it was entertaining. It was filled with WTF moments. But they kept coming with such ridiculousness that I had to give the writer props for out troping herself. There were significant writing errors. But I give it high marks for sheer over the top entertainment value.

• Love 2

Yeah, his reply was kind of anticlimactic, lol! He kind of agreed with and repeated all my points, which, ok dude.

It's not really the stalking I'd be worried about, it's the revenge reports / reviews - you say something they take offense at, they turn around and report you for breaking the TOS, or leave a passive-aggressive anon review telling you that you're probably infringing copyright in your fic.

On one of his recent fics on AO3 that I actually didn't realize was his until someone pointed it out here  (I only know his user name on the other site) I left some fairly harsh criticism. We went civilly back and forth disagreeing and making our own points in the comment section.   Now he probably did know it was me (same user name) but  still, I'd expect the same kind of behavior as long as everything is civil.  On that other site when I'm a bit more blunt, he's usually one of the more level headed responders.  Keep us in the loop though. :)

Only complaint, wouldn't just zero's and one's make more sense for Felicity since that would be base code? What would the random numbers represent? (I ask with real lack of knowledge here)

Heartbreaking - old song, but new version through 415...

Oliver & Felicity || Say Something [4x15]

Published on Mar 15, 2016, by Marts

Oh, wow!  That really was heartbreaking, like it physically hurts how sad that video was.  It was also very beautiful, so thank you for sharing.  I don't need my heart anymore, anyway. 

New chapter of The Darkest Hour is up.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5722732/chapters/14430202

Isn't this an alternative version of Oliver's second year back to SC? I remember it being stated, yet in this chapter he mentions the five years since he's been back. Maybe the author made an error?

The group which planned the Undertaking on the show wasn't called the Cadre, was it? There seem to be some overlaps, but there is some original stuff in there as well. Moira is so close to my own perception of her character that I find it delightful, the way she begrudgingly admires Felicity when she's a threat feels true to Moira's core.

Best line of the chapter, Feliciy to Oliver after he says he's fine, he's only been grazed, By a bullet, you idiot. I was snickering right along with Dig.

The Jin character introduced late in the chapter is intriguing. I'm almost sad he's an original character and not someone from the show.

• Love 6

That was a very good chapter!

and I am glad that Felicity is slowly starting to realize that Oliver is the Arrow. And I love that we are led to believe Moira knows or suspects about Oliver being the Arrow even though it wasn't said so out loud.

I'm so delighted by this fic with all its mystery and intrigue. It's so well written and the characterization is so spot on with OTA. Love it. I'm glad more and more people are discovering it, it's possibly the best WIP out there right now. 

• Love 2

I'm most looking forward to the updates of this one and the one in which Felicity was away in Gotham for a few years and then came back for not so baby anymore Sara's birthday, only to remain and help with the current SC psycho. The name escapes me at the moment but it's also very good. Although, since it follows canon to up to sometime in S4, no Moira unlike The Darkest Hour.

Seriously, Moira is my jam in fics at the moment. FiCoN started to lose focus some chapters back, but Moira is always damn on point when she shows up.

• Love 1

I'm most looking forward to the updates of this one and the one in which Felicity was away in Gotham for a few years and then came back for not so baby anymore Sara's birthday, only to remain and help with the current SC psycho. The name escapes me at the moment but it's also very good. Although, since it follows canon to up to sometime in S4, no Moira unlike The Darkest Hour.

Though the Heavens Fall by freyjaschariot. The angst in that one is exquisite. I like everything by that author, who does a great job with fluffy drabbles too.

• Love 2

Can I trust freyjaschariot to finish it?  I was reading Pembroke but she hasn't updated it since early October and meanwhile started two new multi-chapter fic. I hate being left dangling when an author gets bored with a story.

I'm enjoying The Darkest Hour and how Felicity is putting together the pieces. Right now, I'm wondering why in the world Moira thinks Oliver would join the Cadre.

I'm enjoying The Darkest Hour and how Felicity is putting together the pieces. Right now, I'm wondering why in the world Moira thinks Oliver would join the Cadre.

I loved how by the end of the day Felicity just got confused since Oliver the big dummy has been telling her the same things and acting almost exactly the same as both Oliver and Green Arrow to her. As for Moira, I just got the feeling that she believes that Oliver is usually someone that she can get to do whatever she asks or someone she can persuade to do what's best for the family. Not to mention, if the group is threatening Oliver and Thea, she might want Oliver on her side before they hold Thea over both of them.

• Love 1

Can I trust freyjaschariot to finish it?  I was reading Pembroke but she hasn't updated it since early October and meanwhile started two new multi-chapter fic. I hate being left dangling when an author gets bored with a story.

This is so annoying - I mean, I'm not bothering with the new story (though I loved her one-shot about Bali, and told her so) because I hate babyfic/kidfic, but there are so many multi-chapter unfinished stories in Arrow fandom.

For example, in Once more from the top, the writer is now 25 chapters in, and has started a companion story of deleted scenes. And You have not failed this verse is now 45 chapters in. It's why I haven't bothered reading Forever is Composed of Nows after the first chapter - I mean, there's the precocious kid factor, sure. But another multichapter story?

It's starting to remind me of the Harry Potter fandom when the book series was still unfinished - so many multi-chapter stories left hanging.

• Love 2

This is so annoying - I mean, I'm not bothering with the new story (though I loved her one-shot about Bali, and told her so) because I hate babyfic/kidfic, but there are so many multi-chapter unfinished stories in Arrow fandom.

I don't really get babyfic/kidfic being the reason not to start this one.

Felicity miscarries years before the story begins.

Being burnt by the author not finishing a previous work, on the other hand, I get completely. However, I was never tempted to read Pembroke, seeing as I have no interest in reading about these characters as high school kids.

I get the frustration with Once more from the top. Has anyone read those "deleted" scenes? I have to admit I wasn't really tempted while waiting for an update of the actual fic.