Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

That's so wrong yet so right at the same time. Because the bear is William in the picture, isn't it?

ETA: I checked the tags. I don't know why my mind went to William and not Mr Square Bear. So it's simply cute in that case.

Edited by bijoux

Yay for Mondays!!! The forever composed of now update is up and it is an AMAZING chapter!! Not just because things happen but because they talk and address things the show skipped over. It's like the writers took our relationship thread and put parts of it into an actual conversation. I just love when O&F are allowed to have a conversation.

Also side note - reading how these writers are writing OQ adjust to a surprise kid makes me a little bitter that show chose to tarnish what could have been a sweet character development with contrived drama & nonsense. I know it's different because of circumstances, but I still feel we are being robbed of all of the good parts of a surprise kid story. It's like finding a carton of ice cream only to realize the last person put it back empty.

I don't want a kid full-time on the show, but I would like to see Dad-OQ especially with the bonus perk of the kid living in another city so we would only have to see him a few times just for the fun/sweet parts. Keep the messy parts off the show, clearly the show writers and I have a different vision. :(

• Love 7

Also side note - reading how these writers are writing OQ adjust to a surprise kid makes me a little bitter that show chose to tarnish what could have been a sweet character development with contrived drama & nonsense. I know it's different because of circumstances, but I still feel we are being robbed of all of the good parts of a surprise kid story. It's like finding a carton of ice cream only to realize the last person put it back empty.

I'm sure there are some exceptions to this rule, but usually secret/surprise kid storylines are written specifically FOR contrived drama and nonsense. I don't think there's a show in existence that would've dedicated this kind of time to exploring the thoughts and feels of its characters after a surprise!kid like this fic does - that's what makes fic great!

I mean, I love conversations and feelings and exploration as much as the next person, but even *I'm* getting a little impatient for them to get back to the Slade of it all.

Edited by apinknightmare

I mean, I love conversations and feelings and exploration as much as the next person, but even *I'm* getting a little impatient for them to get back to the Slade of it all.

I'm sure we're getting to it in the next chapter. That doorbell really leaves only two options - Slade or Dig and Sara.

• Love 1

I'm sure we're getting to it in the next chapter. That doorbell really leaves only two options - Slade or Dig and Sara.

Yeah, I get that. It's just been about 38k-ish words of *not* Slade, which isn't really what I was expecting when I started reading. NOT that I'm complaining about it - at all - I'm just ready to get away from all the fluff for a chapter or two. Hopefully. 

• Love 3

I think because there are two authors they both want to tackle the big fluffy moments like the 1st kiss which is why we might get more repetition or fluff on fluff. For me, I'm okay with it because although its fluff below it there is character development & progression of relationships which are critical for the plot and outcome of the story. We had to take O&F from friends to more and that transition had to feel authentic and not rushed. So I'm cool with Slade being on the back burner for the past few chapters. Although it looks like we might be getting back to plot soon.

• Love 4

I'm sure there are some exceptions to this rule, but usually secret/surprise kid storylines are written specifically FOR contrived drama and nonsense. I don't think there's a show in existence that would've dedicated this kind of time to exploring the thoughts and feels of its characters after a surprise!kid like this fic does - that's what makes fic great!

Surprise kid this early in a tv series is almost always done for drama. I've just seen it done better. I've seen shows that have done it for good drama, not just contrived drama. I've also experienced shows that explore the emotions of it, not just the plotty secrets. It might be too soon to judge Arrow but right now I think we are not heading down that road of quality level drama. And it bums me out a little because I want to be semi-invested in the main characters kid, especially if they are gonna use him as a plot device. At least give me something to hold on to. But I'm in a zen happy place about the fic, so I'm gonna ride those happy thoughts before I realize I'll probably never get that from these show writers at least not for a long while.

Weird, my first thought was that it's Isabel coming to take the house like she did with the club. She'll see Ellie, who seems to be answering the door from the end of the chapter, she'll see Felicity with Oliver and put two and two together to get us back to the Slade plot. Bonus points if Ellie regards Isabel as a mean person or if she mentions a story that her parents told her about Felicity hitting her with a van.

• Love 3

To be fair, the tags for the story include "Fluff" and "like marshmallow amounts of fluff". There won't be many opportunities for that once the story gets back to the plotty plot parts.

• Love 3

To be fair, the tags for the story include "Fluff" and "like marshmallow amounts of fluff". There won't be many opportunities for that once the story gets back to the plotty plot parts.

I read the tags before I started reading. It's just that for a story that started out the way this one did, I didn't expect the fluff to be well over half of the story at this point, that's all.

Edited by apinknightmare

I read the tags before I started reading. It's just that for a story that started out the way this one did, I didn't expect the fluff to be well over half of the story at this point, that's all.

I get where you're coming from. Making pillow forts and having family breakfast seems a bit out of pace, considering what's going on, but I don't mind as much because I love fluff and Olicity moments more than I do plot. I think the story is going to be a really long one, so I'm sure the fluff and plot will balance out eventually. 

• Love 4

I'd laugh if one of the next chapters is Slade monologing about how OQ better enjoy his time with pillow forts and waffles before he comes for him.

Also have we had Thea meet Ellie yet? I can't remember. But at this point in the show wasn't TQ not living at mansion cuz of MM secret. I could see it being her at the door ringing the bell for dramatic purposes.

• Love 1

Weird, my first thought was that it's Isabel coming to take the house like she did with the club. She'll see Ellie, who seems to be answering the door from the end of the chapter, she'll see Felicity with Oliver and put two and two together to get us back to the Slade plot. Bonus points if Ellie regards Isabel as a mean person or if she mentions a story that her parents told her about Felicity hitting her with a van.

Ooh, good thought. Ha! I'd love it if 3-year-old Ellie went, Isabel? That's the lady dragon who momma slayed.

I'd laugh if one of the next chapters is Slade monologing about how OQ better enjoy his time with pillow forts and waffles before he comes for him.

Also have we had Thea meet Ellie yet? I can't remember. But at this point in the show wasn't TQ not living at mansion cuz of MM secret. I could see it being her at the door ringing the bell for dramatic purposes.

No, Thea hasn't showed up yet. I really don't see her ringing that doorbell.

And while having Slade monologue could be amusing, I don't think he bugged the bedrooms, only the more publicly open rooms downstairs where they showed him the artwork on display. I figure the kitchen is safe as well, possibly the study where Oliver and Felicity talked to Dig and Sara on the phone.

• Love 3

I get where you're coming from. Making pillow forts and having family breakfast seems a bit out of pace, considering what's going on, but I don't mind as much because I love fluff and Olicity moments more than I do plot. I think the story is going to be a really long one, so I'm sure the fluff and plot will balance out eventually. 

I generally get antsy when there's too much fluff but I'll take all the pillow forts and waffles with strawberries in fics right now because of where the actual show is headed. I have a feeling I'll be re-reading lots of fluffy and smutty fics during the next few weeks.

• Love 7

Second this!

Bless you I was hoping it was the eagles song. I'm loving the Olicity videos set to classic songs or songs from legendary artists

I love this song for them.  I swear I posted the lyrics somewhere on the forum a couple months ago after hearing it. 

Thank you for making the video!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

The Darkest Hour by ckksac, the story that starts with GA rescuing a kidnapped Felicity from captivitiy, has been updated. It's a great chapter. Felicity is getting better and definitely connecting the dots. I was positive everything would click for her by the end of the chapter. Moira is very true to her Season 1 self, and Oliver makes a complete adorable putz of himself.

• Love 4

The Darkest Hour by ckksac, the story that starts with GA rescuing a kidnapped Felicity from captivitiy, has been updated. It's a great chapter. Felicity is getting better and definitely connecting the dots. I was positive everything would click for her by the end of the chapter. Moira is very true to her Season 1 self, and Oliver makes a complete adorable putz of himself.

It's honestly one of the best fics I've read in a long while. The author does an amazing job not making Felicity weak given what she's been through. In fact she makes Felicity rather intelligent by connecting the dots in regards to Oliver's identity AND strong in regards to not letting her being tortured take over her life.

And I love Oliver in this fic. He's a very season 4 oliver. And season 4 Oliver in spite of the lie, is my favorite Oliver. He's just really adorable.

This fic really does have everything. Action, intrigue, strong women, amazing characterization, and a great mystery.

I highly recommend it to everyone

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

It's honestly one of the best fics I've read in a long while. The author does an amazing job not making Felicity weak given what she's been through. In fact she makes Felicity rather intelligent by connecting the dots in regards to Oliver's identity AND strong in regards to not letting her being tortured take over her life.

And I love Oliver in this fic. He's a very season 4 oliver. And season 4 Oliver in spite of the lie, is my favorite Oliver. He's just really adorable.

This fic really does have everything. Action, intrigue, strong women, amazing characterization, and a great mystery.

Don't forget the Diggle/Felicity friendship! It is strong in this fic, and I really appreciate it.

But completely agree and can't wait to see where it goes. Looks like Felicity is really eager to potentially join Team Green Arrow, and I can't wait to see her put two and two together with Oliver and GA.

• Love 3

Forever is Composed of Nows has also been updated. I imagine some people will be very pleased with the cliffhanger at the end of this chapter. I have to admit I was, it made certain things from earlier chapters pay off. 

Is this the point where Sara leaves SC to go get back up? It seems like it could be. Plus, I'm really glad Thea didn't find out about Ellie. Not way would it lead to anything good in her state of mind at that time.

• Love 2

The Darkest Hour by ckksac, the story that starts with GA rescuing a kidnapped Felicity from captivitiy, has been updated. It's a great chapter. Felicity is getting better and definitely connecting the dots. I was positive everything would click for her by the end of the chapter. Moira is very true to her Season 1 self, and Oliver makes a complete adorable putz of himself.

Don't forget the Diggle/Felicity friendship! It is strong in this fic, and I really appreciate it.

But completely agree and can't wait to see where it goes. Looks like Felicity is really eager to potentially join Team Green Arrow, and I can't wait to see her put two and two together with Oliver and GA.

Agree with all of you. I'm loving it because its the beginning of everything, yet somehow is capturing the s4 characterizations. It's a really good fic. I just hope she keeps up with the motivation for his story and it doesn't putter out like her other story did.

• Love 1

This fic is the proof I needed that WIPs are not for me. :/

P.S. Maybe this will be an unpopular opinion, but this last chapter was a little 'Meh' for me.

Honestly, I still can't figure what the big deal is with this fic, it's OK but not something that I would call a fantastic fic.  I've tried it but the last few chapter have just been meandering not really that interesting, IMO.  

• Love 2

I wouldn't define it fantastic either, but I've really enjoyed some chapters and I guess now I'm curious to see where they go with it. But the last chapter was especially frustrating for me, because the internal monologuing got a little out of hand, IMO. I appreciate it, but it got a little repetitive and  it took 3/4 of the chapter, which basically consisted of 2 scenes.

• Love 2

I like it, but I liked it more in the beginning - I agree that it's meandering and a little repetitive. I'm glad we're finally getting back to some plot though. But it made me think - if something happened to Ellie in present time, would that really change anything? Because Oliver and Felicity presently know about her, could still have her, and then when whatever's happening in the future that causes them to send her back to the past, they could just do something different then, like tell Barry not to stop at that particular point in time or something.

Time travel, man. Makes my brain hurt.

• Love 1

I finally managed to read the latest chapter of Forever is Composed of Nows and I agree with some here, I'm a bit bored of it now. I love the story but I find the last 3-4 chapters have been meandering too much, and like @looptab said, too lost in the internal monologuing. Plus it's nearly 10 chapters and it's only been one day. LOL. So I hope the plot and pacing starts to pick up otherwise I might have to wait until the fic is finished before I read the rest. I'm not a good WIP reader. Haha.

• Love 1

I think "Forever is CoN" would be better served by having a twice weekly update. The problem is between the two authors there is a lot of repeated narrative ground, so what should take one chapter takes two. I do wonder if perhaps they will fine tune their storytelling so that it does move as opposed to linger. So if they do not find a way to get their chapters to move quicker, I think twice a week would be better because it would move the story. I think its waiting the full 7 days for an update, and then having the chapters fail to achieve people's expectation for the plot movement.

That all being said, I don't mind the fluff. I find it enjoyable. To me its not the plot that gets me to tune into this story, its the relationships & the characters. Time Travel hurts my head, so frankly the less plot I have to process the less I begin to question how its all going to work out. I'm able to shut off my brain to the facts of the story and just focus on the characters. I generally over analyze stories, so the fact that I can sit back and enjoy the writing is satisfying enough for me. And considering the direction of the show in 4b, a departure from plot for plot's sake is a nice change of pace.

• Love 5

One thing that I really appreciated in the most recent update of Forever is Composed of Now was when Oliver was retreating back into Arrow mode and putting up walls and Felicity was able to get that other guy back, recognizing it as fear.  It was a big moment for me in their relationship.  No backing out now. 

• Love 2