Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm waiting for the Robert in this story to tie Oliver to some train tracks or something, then twirl his mustache. 

It is seriously OTT but, at the same time I kind of love how much I HATE Robert Queen (in this fic). I've now developed a strong desire for Felicity to destroy/Take Over Queen Consolidated and Lance's company and make them destitute. ??

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, bijoux said:

Are there typos throughout? I can deal with some, but I get pulled out of the story if there is an abundance of them.

Yes, unfortunately.  That's why I said it was like fizzy candy rather than the kind of fic you live in it's world.

I'm waiting for the Robert in this story to tie Oliver to some train tracks or something, then twirl his mustache. 

And Quentin, and Laurel who threw out all of his daughter's clothes and made her disappear while Oliver was gone, and probably Moira too when we finally meet her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It is seriously OTT but, at the same time I kind of love how much I HATE Robert Queen (in this fic). I've now developed a strong desire for Felicity to destroy/Take Over Queen Consolidated and Lance's company and make them destitute. ??

Sometimes you just want a bad guy you can straight up despise with no reservations or sympathy. 

I totally want Felicity to take over QC and whatever Lance's company is called. Better yet, drive them out of business, ruin their reputations, and then buy up what's left of their companies and turn it into Smoak Tech. I'm sure she doesn't have enough money to do that, but maybe they can figure out some legal way for Oliver and/or Thea to get QC from Robert in light of his actions. 

33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't really have a problem with it, but...damn!

You guys know angelicmisskitty, the author of that homeless oliver fic your talking about, has been caught plagiarizing other fic authors right? Like she got caught and called out on it once, called it a "mistake" she'd never do again... and then turned right around and plagiarized a different author a few chapters later in the same story: http://angelicmisskitty.tumblr.com/post/141110645442/hey-so-i-really-hate-to-be-the-bearer-of-shitty I dont know maybe you don't care?

• Love 1

I don't know the situation or authors involved. All I know is that I enjoy her homeless Oliver story and the way she writes *shrug* Again don't know the back story but I do know that I have read SO many stories that are variations of the exact same plot that I think unintentional "plagiarism" of story ideas would be hard to avoid entirely.  *shrug*

I guess it might be different for the writers involved but it doesn't make me enjoy fics I enjoy to read any less since it's not like anyone is profiting from it anyway.

It doesn't appear that she plagiarized anything in her current fic, as far as I know, so I'll keep reading it. 

It looks like she's taken out the plagiarized parts of her old fic, so I don't know how serious of a case it was. In any case, I don't think a case of past plagiarism means I can't enjoy something else someone has written. 

Ah, I didn't know she had a history of plagiarism, and that's very disappointing. Especially since she plagiarized someone I know and like very much. But I still read the fic of a person who plagiarized me, so I'm probably not the best person to weigh in here.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Maybe she hasn't plagiarized in her current fic... or maybe she just hasn't been caught yet this time. I guess I figure everyone's allowed to make one mistake but if you do something twice... that's a pattern of behavior. I wouldn't trust anything she wrote at this point because you never know if its stolen or not. And theres a pretty big difference between writing a variation on the same plot and copying passages of someone elses' writing and changing around a few words to suit your story.

The fact its not done for profit doesn't keep it from being wrong.  I'd go so far as to say its even more wrong to take credit for something that someone else made as a labor of love. But to each their own. Just though some people might want a fair warning.

• Love 4

Arrow/Lucifer crossover fic, with special guest appearance by John Constantine:  Girl's Night Out Therapy by BstnStrg13, in which Felicity finally gets the female support she's needed for so long, Maze tells it like it is and Linda asides to Oliver that they should talk about his commitment issues.

ETA:  for @Mellowyellow, praise for Ray's prowess in bed.

Edited by statsgirl
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Arrow/Lucifer crossover fic, with special guest appearance by John Constantine:  Girl's Night Out Therapy by BstnStrg13, in which Felicity finally gets the female support she's needed for so long, Maze tells it like it is and Linda asides to Oliver that they should talk about his commitment issues.

ETA:  for @Mellowyellow, praise for Ray's prowess in bed.

Oh you champ for finding that story! 

Haha finally an author who is nice to Ray!!!! One day I'm going to write a Ray fic!

@Mellowyellow obligatory I hate you

As for the miss kitty discussion way I see it if I found out that Jane Austen stole Pride and Prejudice from her neighbour why I might feel disappointed I would still read that book twice a year and watch the BBC mini series and the Keira Knightly movie and Lost in Austen and Pride Prejudice and Zombies and maybe read some variation fics on Amazon kindle cause regardless of who wrote the book it wouldn't change the fact that I LOVE that book and those characters.

Cause at the end of the day it's between Jane Austen and her neighbour; just like if there is plagiarism in the homeless fic it's between the authors involved and not any of my business. *shrug*

• Love 1

I remember hearing about that because Macha is well known as a writer but I didn't know it was her who did it. I wouldn't read the fic if it was plagiarized but since it seems it's not the case I'll keep reading it. What she did was wrong but not knowing her or the details or if she is sorry now I don't feel comfortable writing her and all her current and future works off.

Plagiarizing is terrible, and especially stupid in this case since she plagiarized one of the few really well-known Arrow writers. Yikes.

I don't mind similar plots in stories since one person's take on something is usually quite different than someone else's. Someone copying your actual words is a terrible feeling. Especially when you look in the comments on their fic and see people praising them for it, knowing it's your work. I've been plagiarized three times that I know of - twice in another fandom and once in Arrow. The other two times I was made aware of, and the Arrow one I noticed because I was reading that fic and enjoying it, and was like...hey, that's familiar. That's familiar too! And that! And it's...not great. And then you wonder if they are plagiarizing someone else and you just don't notice it because you haven't read whatever story the person is copying. I'm still reading the author who plagiarized me, partly to keep my eye on her for a repeat performance, and partly because I was invested in the story before she copied me and I'm admittedly curious about how it's going to turn out. But I always wonder if I'm reading someone else's words that she's passing off as her own.

So, I can't judge someone for still being interested in a story written by someone who plagiarized in the past, especially with no knowledge that they're plagiarizing in the present. But I definitely wouldn't offer them praise in the form of positive comments or kudos. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ok I think maybe @statsgirl is probably the real person to blame for this but @LeighAn you goaded me into it!

Here it is my Raylicity fic which I wrote instead of working on Olicity stuff!

=p =p =p

@SmallScreenDiva I am tagging you because you are the only other Palmer Island person I know!

Aspects of Love

:,,(

I don't know what's worst Raylicity fic or fic where Tommy or Sara try and join in Olicity :P 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

:,,(

I don't know what's worst Raylicity fic or fic where Tommy or Sara try and join in Olicity :P 

In my opinion, smoaking billionaires or smoaking canarrow are worse. I can see how Raylicity could work as a couple, even though I think they're each other's second choice and better friends, but I just think you'd have to make drastic changes to all of the characters personalities, hang ups, and ways of dealing with their problems in order for Oliver/Felicity + Tommy or Sara to have a healthy, stable relationship in the long term. 

Besides, despite the fact that they did date and have sex, I've always viewed Oliver/Sara as platonic, and, unpopular opinion, but I didn't particularly care for Tommy. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ok I think maybe @statsgirl is probably the real person to blame for this but @LeighAn you goaded me into it!

=p =p =p

@SmallScreenDiva I am tagging you because you are the only other Palmer Island person I know!

Aspects of Love

It's a very cute and fluffy fic and even as I was reading it and agreeing it was well done and in character I was sick to my stomach.  Nope, nope, nope.   Can't handle happily ever after Raylicity. I could and did handle temporary Raylicity while Oliver was a putz but the thought that they never got together just is a punch to the gut.  

Now I have to plagiarize @LeighAn.  

I obligatory hate you.  Too.  ;D

Edited by BkWurm1
Getting names right
  • Love 1

I've stopped reading the homeless Oliver fic because it's too melodramatic for me but I did admire her post admitting to plagiarizing and apologizing for it. That's not easy to do.

7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Aspects of Love

@Mellowyellow honey, you know I really like your fic and I think  you've done a good job of Ray's voice at the party, and I love that Felicity calls her stomach Bump but .... I can see smoaking billionaires or smoaking canarrow  happening before I can see Felicity picking Ray over Oliver.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

=p =p =p

Aspects of Love

Adorable! Been trying for years to get a fic-writing friend to try an Oliver/Felicity/Ray triangle fic. No such luck. I would love for someone to do a multichapter fic that would delve into how Felicity could/would choose Ray over Oliver. It's possible, IMO. But it has to be a multichapter to really explain the how and why.

Not a fan of either Smoaking Billionaires or Smoaking Canarrow. But I'll at least try out the first. Hard nope on the second. Even a little of either of the Lance sisters is enough for me to close out of a fic. (Unless Laurel is obviously bad, of course :P Like with the homeless Oliver fic).

I'm a bit unsettled by the plagiarizing news, btw. That's just awful. I'd just finished reading the last chapter when I saw the post about it. I really hope she didn't plagiarize this fic. I had planned on leaving a detailed comment about the fic but I'm kinda rethinking that now. Don't know yet what I'll be doing.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
added stuff
  • Love 2

@BkWurm1 I think as a non Raylicity shipper and hardcore Olicity shipper, that would have been hard to stomach! I'm surprised you got through it!

@SmallScreenDiva 24 other inhabitants of Palmer Island with us!!!!! They do exist!

I am big on the notion of ONE true love no matter how they end up getting there but it has to be ONE love so I don't touch any of the Smoaking Billionaires or Birds stories. 

6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1 I think as a non Raylicity shipper and hardcore Olicity shipper, that would have been hard to stomach! I'm surprised you got through it!

I handled the in show relationship pretty well (I was a Ray defender on the boards ...except for that one episode when I was found myself even passionately siding with Laurel over Ray) and I love Ray on LoT and think they make great friends and I always want to support the talent on our boards, but I think if I'd realized it was a HEA set three years later I would have skipped it, lol.  But I'm good.  I just assume that happened on some sad multiverse far, far away.  And just that one time, lol.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

There are Oliver/Felicity/Mick Rory fics showing up in the Oliver/Felicity tag at AO3, and it's such a random combination I'm really weirded out.

Very odd. I think the basis for it is Felicity holding an umbrella over Mick's head and her and Oliver not being rude to him? I didn't notice Olicity's interaction with him in the crossover, actually. All I remember is that Oliver seemed impatient with Mick's storytelling method in LoT 201. 

• Love 1

So much ewww I'm so over Tommy Sara other rando Arrowverse characters like Mick inserting themselves into Olicity fics? Like seriously writers polygamy is not common or even that sexy (IMO).

• Love 3

Macha posted the epilogue to Deceive, Inveigle, and Obfuscate.

In even more exciting news (for me), she said she had some ideas for Some Things You Can's Plan For, her what if Felicity's plan to kidnap Oliver from Nanda Parbat actually worked. It's been sitting there with only four chapters for almost two years now, and I really liked those four chapters- 

• Love 2

I noticed quite a few Oliver/Felicity/Mick fics from the same author. Not my cup of tea and ship whatever you want but I do wonder how that came into existence. I mean, I understand Oliver/Felicity/Sara fics and even Oliver/Tommy/Felicity on some level even if I don't like them but Olicity and Mick?? I wasn't aware they'd even shared a scene. LOL. 

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I liked the epilogue. It was sweet. But I have to admit the last couple of chapters felt like they wrapped up too soon. IDK. I love her writing though so it's nbd. I hope she continues writing for the ship!

In other pointless news, I just started reading a fic on AO3 where Felicity is the Arrow and it's tagged as Olicity and Tommy/Laurel but so far it's just Lauriver. Like, please tag your work correctly. I don't want to read that. Grrrr. Pet peeve! 

5 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I noticed quite a few Oliver/Felicity/Mick fics from the same author. Not my cup of tea and ship whatever you want but I do wonder how that came into existence. I mean, I understand Oliver/Felicity/Sara fics and even Oliver/Tommy/Felicity on some level even if I don't like them but Olicity and Mick?? I wasn't aware they'd even shared a scene. LOL. 

I didn't pay attention to who wrote the ones I've seen, but he/she/they all seemed to feel like the Legends treat Mick poorly and Oliver and Felicity showed some kind of appreciation toward him in the crossover? I don't remember any interaction between the three, but I've heard Felicity held an umbrella for Mick. 

I can't understand it myself, even if there was a lot of interaction between Olicity and Mick. Mick's nothing like the men Felicity's been shown to find attractive, and he's definitely nothing like the women Oliver's been shown to find attractive.  

17 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I liked the epilogue. It was sweet. But I have to admit the last couple of chapters felt like they wrapped up too soon. IDK. I love her writing though so it's nbd. I hope she continues writing for the ship!

In other pointless news, I just started reading a fic on AO3 where Felicity is the Arrow and it's tagged as Olicity and Tommy/Laurel but so far it's just Lauriver. Like, please tag your work correctly. I don't want to read that. Grrrr. Pet peeve! 

I saw that one and was going to check it out when it had a few more chapters up, but I might pass as I hate Lauriver, and also Laurel/Tommy since that retcon.

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I expect the fan fic to show up by morning, lol.  

Haha me too!!! I've already started checking Ao3 to see if anyone has written anything good!

Ahhh so good that I can read canon-ish stuff again!

6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha me too!!! I've already started checking Ao3 to see if anyone has written anything good!

Ahhh so good that I can read canon-ish stuff again!

I found this quick fix.  Based on the scene of Felicity in the promo crawling and desperately calling Oliver's name.

Underneath

• Love 3

I sometimes feel a bit petty for it, but does anyone else feel a bit of nasty glee when you see one of those anti-Olicity/Felicity fics in the Olicity AO3 tags, (there are about 3 writers that always tag their, pro Laurel/Sara anti/OOC Felicity fics, Olicity.) and you see that there is 7 chapters, and like 6 kudos. 

• Love 3

I don't think you're being petty. Independent of subject matter, those stories are very poorly written. Even if I were a Sara or LL fan, I wouldn't waste time reading them, much less leave kudos/comments.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2017 at 9:20 AM, Angel12d said:

I took that as my cue and last night started this story finally.  Finished it before dawn, lol.  That was a great story.  It seemed really plausible too though I would have been fine if it had been an absurd premise.  I've missed this Olicity.   Macha captured the differences in the characters between when this is set (mid season two) and now so well.  It wasn't until I was reading her story that I was struck by how much they had changed now.  I still love Felicity but the jumping off point really is a almost pure place to start any Oliver/ Felicity romances.

I really enjoyed how she wrote Felicity.  She's not an easy character to write for; it's too easy to go overboard in some direction but her Felicity really rang true in dialogue, behavior and even physical mannerisms.   And Oliver's constantly morphing feelings (denial of feelings to denial of acting on them to not being able to not be with her) was in character and rang true.  

I morn for the friendship that is so beautifully showcased here between Felicity and Diggle. It seems like she hasn't had that guy in her life since season three.  :(

I know a few mentioned that it wrapped up pretty quickly in the final chapters but it didn't read that way binged from the start.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
On 2017-04-27 at 1:16 PM, BkWurm1 said:

I found this quick fix.  Based on the scene of Felicity in the promo crawling and desperately calling Oliver's name.

Underneath

That's really good.  Not too maudlin, not too distant, and wow, did she get it up fast.

Discovery by somewhereelse has been up for a couple of weeks and tracks the relationship between Oliver and Felicity.  She's got things in it from specific episodes so it's kind of fun to try to figure which ones they are.  (The finger tap was easy.)

dettoit has finished her AU CD/Marvel crossover with Felicity Stark, Family Doesn't End With  Blood.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

That's really good.  Not too maudlin, not too distant, and wow, did she get it up fast.

Discovery by somewhereelse has been up for a couple of weeks and tracks the relationship between Oliver and Felicity.  She's got things in it from specific episodes so it's kind of fun to try to figure which ones they are.  (The finger tap was easy.)

Discovery was great and her comment at the beginning alone was hilarious.

I love that author. I keep willing her to write more stuff!!! Same with quiveringbunny. I'd never hassle them about it but I will them secretly from afar lol.

• Love 1

I really miss all the creative fics/videos put out in S2-S3.  I've been able to find a few fics to keep me busy, but has there been any good videos recently?  To be honest, AUs used to be one of my favorites but while I used to find good Oliver/Felicity/Barry ones, they never caught fire with Ray.  I also love pretty Olicity ones - so pray tell - is there anything out there right now?  

I'm guess 5x19 has brought back the video cravings.  :-(