Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

Authors, any authors not just fanfic, rarely get children right. They're either three year olds giving dissertations on the effects of bumblebee mating patterns on cross pollination or 9 year olds eating crayons and not being at all concerned that they are currently kidnapped. 

I gave up on the fic, so can't comment on that, but this is very true, I think. Which I actually find a bit odd here since one of the authors has young kids.

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I gave up on the fic, so can't comment on that, but this is very true, I think. Which I actually find a bit odd here since one of the authors has young kids.

I mean, I understand why it's hard to get kids right. I don't remember what kind of vocabulary I had when I was four, but I'm sure I'm sure I wasn't a scintillating conversationalist. Still, sometimes it's just too much.  I started reading this one fic where Oliver came back from the Island with a daughter (born while he was there) who gave insightful speeches to other characters on why they were wrong for hating Oliver. I think she was also helping him with the vigilanteing? I didn't stick around to find out. 

Spoiler

I won't read that fic because how they messed up Jules is just so blatantly their fault and because it makes them seem like awful people since realistically even if they were missing the other daughter, if they were at all loving human beings, they would have fallen hard for the girl that they got in the meantime.  This ideal a that Felicity distanced herself from Jules doesn't makes sense in the context of how even biology works.  At least not with someone as open and accepting as Felicity. (And I assume they didn't write in postpartum)  It just goes so against who I see Felicity being that the whole story falls apart.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:
  Hide contents

I won't read that fic because how they messed up Jules is just so blatantly their fault and because it makes them seem like awful people since realistically even if they were missing the other daughter, if they were at all loving human beings, they would have fallen hard for the girl that they got in the meantime.  This ideal a that Felicity distanced herself from Jules doesn't makes sense in the context of how even biology works.  At least not with someone as open and accepting as Felicity. (And I assume they didn't write in postpartum)  It just goes so against who I see Felicity being that the whole story falls apart.   

I've tried to stop, but I get bored and it's right there on my phone. I actually like their Will as long as the story doesn't get too caught up in long drawn out descriptions of how people are feeling. 

That fic is so messed up, I'm sorry. I was reading the sequel even though I gave up on FiCoN about 15 chapters in but as soon as they

Spoiler

had baby Jules get visibly upset over Ellie's drawing being displayed, I was like NAH. Like, they'd actually told a baby about her sister from another world, probably enough times for her to get jealous...as a baby. WHO DOES THAT?!

Edited by Angel12d
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I actually think they are going with the postpartum depression. They mentioned that she was depressed after the birth and didn't bond with Jules because Felicity was wishing it had been Ellie born earlier. (Felicity believes that Jules would have been to young to know that this was happening, and that it shouldn't effect her at all...I do not have kids, only one niece who was born last year so I am not going to pretend I have any idea about babies and bonding time and PPD). 

What bothers me is that Felicity will mention how much of herself she sees in Jules and then say that she hates it and can't wait for Jules to grow out of it like she did. I wonder if there is some self-loathing that Felicity has that she is directing towards her daughter?? Or would that be too deep for this fic? 

AND THE DRAWINGS. They displayed other-Ellie's drawings in the hallway. And had them FRAMED. And a nursery set up for Future-Ellie and they can't imagine why Jules would be jealous or have issues about her worth? REALLY? 

Spoiler

My issue is that since they are spelling out the reason for Felicity's depression it doesn't sound like a case of postpartum but just deep disappointment that it's not the kid she wants.  That comes off as something not triggered by her pregnancy, just Felicity obsessed with a kid that wasn't supposed to come yet anyway and not enough love left in her to set the future aside.  But even if I'm getting the wrong impression about that, all this other stuff is a mess too.  Like Jules as a baby seeing Ellie's artwork and crying in jealousy.  What baby even does that or could think like that unless the parents are traumatizing her with the artwork?  Just showing an infant something and praising someone else isn't going to trigger jealousy.  Usually it makes a kid LIKE the object or picture.  What did they do? Yell at her or seriously neglect her while holding the drawing?  

I sometimes wonder if the authors even like Oliver and Felicity anymore or do they not realize how poor a light they are being written in?  Or maybe they are just so in love with their original creations that one gets all the attention and the other all the sympathy and Felicity and Oliver get tossed under the bus to make it happen.  I just can't accept that this is how the characters that I would be reading the story for really would act.  So yeah, I enjoyed 99%of the first story but I just can't with anything being written in the sequels.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:
  Hide contents

My issue is that since they are spelling out the reason for Felicity's depression it doesn't sound like a case of postpartum but just deep disappointment that it's not the kid she wants.  That comes off as something not triggered by her pregnancy, just Felicity obsessed with a kid that wasn't supposed to come yet anyway and not enough love left in her to set the future aside.  But even if I'm getting the wrong impression about that, all this other stuff is a mess too.  Like Jules as a baby seeing Ellie's artwork and crying in jealousy.  What baby even does that or could think like that unless the parents are traumatizing her with the artwork?  Just showing an infant something and praising someone else isn't going to trigger jealousy.  Usually it makes a kid LIKE the object or picture.  What did they do? Yell at her or seriously neglect her while holding the drawing?  

I sometimes wonder if the authors even like Oliver and Felicity anymore or do they not realize how poor a light they are being written in? Or maybe they are just so in love with their original creations that one gets all the attention and the other all the sympathy and Felicity and Oliver get tossed under the bus to make it happen. I just can't accept that this is how the characters that I would be reading the story for really would act.  So yeah, I enjoyed 99%of the first story but I just can't with anything being written in the sequels.   

I think it's the bolded part. They just want the kids to be a certain way when they're adults, doesn't matter if the way they get them there harms and doesn't make much sense for Oliver and Felicity.

• Love 1
On 3/25/2017 at 9:52 AM, LeighAn said:

I love the homeless Oliver fic but I'm hoping it's not going the direction I think it's going:

Reveal hidden contents

With the cliff hanger about Laurel killing his daughter I'm worried it's going to be an abortion plot- like Laurel had an abortion and never told him- and I'm of the opinion that it's not the mans call if a woman chooses to have an abortion. So I'm hoping that's really not it cause I'm pretty sure that will just evaporate all my sympathy for Oliver - and this is the only fic that's made me cry to ha.

New chapter posted, she didn't go in the direction you feared. I really liked this chapter because she gave us the whole back story, now I'm hoping we can move forward with Olicity and maybe even some 

Spoiler

Revenge against the Queens and Lances. Felicity needs to destroy them by taking away the only things they love, their companies and reputation

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh, there's Olicity in the homeless Oliver fic? I was wondering why you guys were reading it when it seemed, just based on the convo here, that it was LOLiver. Hmm, I might try it then. 

Oh no, it's ALL Olicity, in fact they're the only characters of substance. Diggle just got introduced to the main story a few chapters ago but even he's peripheral (so far). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh, there's Olicity in the homeless Oliver fic? I was wondering why you guys were reading it when it seemed, just based on the convo here, that it was LOLiver. Hmm, I might try it then. 

It's definitely all Olicity. Laurel fans should probably not read it. She's barely been mentioned until the last couple chapters, but it's not pretty. 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

New chapter posted, she didn't go in the direction you feared. I really liked this chapter because she gave us the whole back story, now I'm hoping we can move forward with Olicity and maybe even some 

Hide contents

Revenge against the Queens and Lances. Felicity needs to destroy them by taking away the only things they love, their companies and reputation

Sadly, I think there's more to Oliver's story. I'm guessing full blown Olicity lovin' is at least two chapters away. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

It's definitely all Olicity. Laurel fans should probably not read it. She's barely been mentioned until the last couple chapters, but it's not pretty. 

Sadly, I think there's more to Oliver's story. I'm guessing full blown Olicity lovin' is at least two chapters away. 

Oh yeah there's 2 years of backstory to cover and I'm so happy we're getting it, no more drawing it out. However, I'm looking forward to the next steps with them moving forward. 

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh yeah there's 2 years of backstory to cover and I'm so happy we're getting it, no more drawing it out. However, I'm looking forward to the next steps with them moving forward. 

I just wish I had found this story after it was already completed. I'm so impatient. 

29 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I just wish I had found this story after it was already completed. I'm so impatient. 

I'm not reading the story and this is the main reason. 

However, this raised my interest.

23 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

All I want at this point is for Felicity to do whatever she has to do - hack whatever she needs to - in order to get him the picture that was stolen from him back now that we know what it was a picture of. :*(

What picture?

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

I'm not reading the story and this is the main reason. 

However, this raised my interest.

What picture?

Spoiler

Of his daughter who was killed in a drunk driving accident and the Queens/Lances covered it up to protect Laurel. He left for a few days to grieve and when he got back they erased her from a existence. Cleaned out his home with all of her pictures and bedroom stuff.

Horrible people ?

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:
  Hide contents

Of his daughter who was killed in a drunk driving accident and the Queens/Lances covered it up to protect Laurel. He left for a few days to grieve and when he got back they erased her from a existence. Cleaned out his home with all of her pictures and bedroom stuff.

Horrible people ?

Ho-ly hell.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Ho-ly hell.

Yeah, if you just want to read something that gives you a good reason to unabashedly hate on everyone but Oliver, Felicity, Dig, and Thea, then this story's got your back. 

It really is full of all the feels.  I know everyone lose it but I have a caveat though because this chapter was a bit too melodrama for me. 

Spoiler

Robert,  Quentin and especially Laurel might as well have tied Oliver to a railway tract and twirled their moustaches as they waited for the train.

I stumbled at the earlier chapter where Felicity was going out of town and wanted Oliver to stay at her house while she was gone (good) and left the fridge full for him (good), and then gave him $50 to buy more food (not so good, let him earn the money shoveling snow if he needs it). And then Oliver feels guilty taking things from her so he doesn't eat anything except a yogurt (I think) the whole time she is gone. And when she comes back he makes a big meal to thank her but doesn't want to share it because Felicity paid for the food.  There's also a couple of other times when there are things Oliver could be doing to make money but doesn't because the author wants to keep him in the same place for the story.

So just to let people know if they want to try the fic, it's full of feels, all the feels, but the actions of the characters don't always make sense.

• Love 2

That's what's kind of hanging me up with this story. Oliver is able-bodied and yet he and Felicity go their separate ways in the morning so he could go ... panhandle? Despite that, though, I'm quite enjoying the slow burn of the relationship. But I hope the author discloses the "why" of it all soon. I'm in Chapter 11.

(edited)

I don't have much of a problem with anything that's gone on in the fic so far. Felicity has given him some money, but he's also done work around her house in exchange for it. And he was shoveling sidewalks - both Felicity's and her neighbor's - for free, to be nice. And didn't he use the money she left him to buy food for himself to buy food to make her a nice dinner? Or am I misremembering? 

And Oliver doesn't just go panhandle, does he? I thought he looked for day laborer jobs but could only take the ones where they'd allow him to bring his dog because he didn't have anywhere to keep him during the day?

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

Yeah..also he said it was very difficult to find day laborer jobs during the winter and he can't get another job having no address or phone number to give people to contact him..that's why Felicity insisted he stayed with her instead of ending up with no job, no money and no shelter..

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
(edited)
7 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't have much of a problem with anything that's gone on in the fic so far. Felicity has given him some money, but he's also done work around her house in exchange for it. And he was shoveling sidewalks - both Felicity's and her neighbor's - for free, to be nice. And didn't he use the money she left him to buy food for himself to buy food to make her a nice dinner? Or am I misremembering? 

And Oliver doesn't just go panhandle, does he? I thought he looked for day laborer jobs but could only take the ones where they'd allow him to bring his dog because he didn't have anywhere to keep him during the day?

You have it right, he used the $50 to buy food to make her dinner and, maybe even her Christmas present. He's also done work around her house, shoveled the snow for her and her neighbors and fixed Diggle's sink to earn money. Oliver doesn't pan handle he trys to find day labor work around construction sites.

Up until the last few chapters which have all taken place over Christmas/Holiday week, Oliver has left in the morning searching for work and comes back close to dinner. Except now that it's full on winter he can't find work. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

he used the $50 to buy food to make her dinner and, maybe even her Christmas present. He's also done work around her house, shoveled the snow for her and her neighbors and fixed Diggle's sink to earn money.

I think he used the $50 for food for her dinner, and asked Diggle for a job and used that money to buy her Christmas present.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think he used the $50 for food for her dinner, and asked Diggle for a job and used that money to buy her Christmas present.

Ah, ok he used the diggle sink money for her Christmas present. I couldn't remember.

Yeah, there are some things that don't make sense, and his family being so evil is a little over the top, but I don't have to hand wave any more with this fic than I do with the show, so it's cool. I have no problems with Oliver's job situation though. He obviously has some kind of problem with doing anything that calls attention to him being Oliver Queen, so that doesn't make it easy for him to find something with a steady, taxable paycheck, and it's hard enough for people with a permanent address and clean clothes to find a job, much less a homeless guy who wants to bring his dog with him. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I knew a caveat of the fic wasn't going to be well received.

It was really nice of Oliver to shovel Felicity's and her neighbour's walk and steps to be nice.  But what about the other houses?  Where I live there is a huge demand and pretty good money for shovelling after a snowstorm. You can make $20+ for 15 - 30 minutes of work.  It's not an executive's salary but at least it would mean that Oliver didn't stand in front of a full refrigerator and not eat anything.  He did a beautiful job of restoring the picture frame so he could give it to Felicity as a present; why not do that for some others and see if he can sell them?

The question of how much to give someone who is down and how to do it is salient for me right now because I belong to a group that is sponsoring a Syrian refugee family and we've been talking about how to give the right amount to help but not so much as to make them helpless.  In this fic, the author is writing Felicity full in the Lady Bountiful category.  For Christmas,

Spoiler

Felicity gives Oliver a new toolbox full of an expensive set of brand new tools (probably around $500) and a bunch of  appointments for him to work as a handyman in the neighbours' houses rather than lending him her tools or giving him a used set of tools and Oliver deciding to get the gigs himself himself.

Oliver is made helpless so that Felicity can fix things for him. If the reason is PTSD, then someone (Diggle?) should be addressing that.  People need to save themselves, not be saved.

I contrast it to Hang My Head Break My Heart (Built From All I Have Torn Apart) which is the unfinished homeless Felicity fic.  In that one, like Oliver here Felicity is homeless by choice but she's fully independent and has a means of making small amounts of money when she wants to.  In In Another Life (I could be your man), the way the author writes them Felicity is making the moves forward and while not entirely helpless, Oliver isn't making any moves to get out of his current situation.  The things he does for Felicity, give her a flower, make dinner, fix up things around her house (including snow shovelling), score as stereotypically female on the MMPI.  Even the title implies that in another life but not this one because he's too broken. 

All I'm saying is that it's a fic for the feels rather than for analysing.  And there are lots of feels that hit the heart.

I was also thinking that someone might offer to beta the fic.  For example in chapter 12

In over 2 years that he owned the dog they had never spent more than a few minutes apart. Wherever Oliver went, Lucky went with him. But since dogs weren’t allowed inside the grocery store, he would’ve had to leave him outside in the freezing snow, tied to a lamppost or something.

But earlier in the chapter, Oliver had left Lucky alone in the house for two hours while he went to talk to Diggle, and that's assuming that Lucky was with him when he was shovelling snow outside. It's not a huge deal but glaring when it's in the same chapter.  (Also, did Oliver take Lucky with him on construction jobs?  Wouldn't he have had to tie up Lucky then so he didn't get hurt?)

(edited)
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, I knew a caveat of the fic wasn't going to be well received.

It was really nice of Oliver to shovel Felicity's and her neighbour's walk and steps to be nice.  But what about the other houses?  Where I live there is a huge demand and pretty good money for shovelling after a snowstorm. You can make $20+ for 15 - 30 minutes of work.  It's not an executive's salary but at least it would mean that Oliver didn't stand in front of a full refrigerator and not eat anything.  He did a beautiful job of restoring the picture frame so he could give it to Felicity as a present; why not do that for some others and see if he can sell them?

The question of how much to give someone who is down and how to do it is salient for me right now because I belong to a group that is sponsoring a Syrian refugee family and we've been talking about how to give the right amount to help but not so much as to make them helpless.  In this fic, the author is writing Felicity full in the Lady Bountiful category.  For Christmas,

Hide contents

Felicity gives Oliver a new toolbox full of an expensive set of brand new tools (probably around $500) and a bunch of  appointments for him to work as a handyman in the neighbours' houses rather than lending him her tools or giving him a used set of tools and Oliver deciding to get the gigs himself himself.

Oliver is made helpless so that Felicity can fix things for him. If the reason is PTSD, then someone (Diggle?) should be addressing that.  People need to save themselves, not be saved.

I contrast it to Hang My Head Break My Heart (Built From All I Have Torn Apart) which is the unfinished homeless Felicity fic.  In that one, like Oliver here Felicity is homeless by choice but she's fully independent and has a means of making small amounts of money when she wants to.  In In Another Life (I could be your man), the way the author writes them Felicity is making the moves forward and while not entirely helpless, Oliver isn't making any moves to get out of his current situation.  The things he does for Felicity, give her a flower, make dinner, fix up things around her house (including snow shovelling), score as stereotypically female on the MMPI.  Even the title implies that in another life but not this one because he's too broken. 

All I'm saying is that it's a fic for the feels rather than for analysing.  And there are lots of feels that hit the heart.

I was also thinking that someone might offer to beta the fic.  For example in chapter 12

But earlier in the chapter, Oliver had left Lucky alone in the house for two hours while he went to talk to Diggle, and that's assuming that Lucky was with him when he was shovelling snow outside. It's not a huge deal but glaring when it's in the same chapter.  (Also, did Oliver take Lucky with him on construction jobs?  Wouldn't he have had to tie up Lucky then so he didn't get hurt?)

I actually agree with everything you've written here, but the reason none of that really bothers me too much is exactly because I'm just reading it for the feels. If I actually thought about it too hard, I'd want to tell Oliver to grow some balls.  It's a relatively inoffensive story, and I'm reading it the same way I would watch a daytime soap. Sure, I get frustrated by how little information Oliver has shared about himself so far, and I think it's weird that Felicity trusts him so much so soon, but if I couldn't handle a little bit of nonsense in my fiction I wouldn't be watching Arrow in the first place. 

I do think the author could use a beta reader. I've wondered a couple times if English isn't her first language because of the way she kept writing that Oliver lives on 'the road' instead on on 'the streets', but she has used 'on the streets' correctly a couple of times so I don't know. 

Edited by Hiveminder

In a surprising turn of events, I read a FiCoN ficlet and am feeling positive about it. It's set in Bed, Bath and Beyond, so my reasons for reading are pretty clear. Among other things - Oliver, the housemaking monster, references to Oliver and Roy's relationship - it features Felicity disciplining Ellie and being very positive towards Jules. Plus, there is a Jules moment where I could picture my niece talking to her younger brother.

https://so-caffeinated.tumblr.com/post/159099136389/slight-deviation-from-the-prompt-right-after-i

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hiveminder said:

I've wondered a couple times if English isn't her first language because of the way she kept writing that Oliver lives on 'the road' instead on on 'the streets', but she has used 'on the streets' correctly a couple of times so I don't know. 

I vaguely remembered she said in the notes for one of her other stories that English isn't her first language, so I double checked and that is correct. I'm just reading it for the feels also. I've sometimes felt that Oliver could be doing more to get himself out of the situation, but honestly I don't care that much because it's  a sweet story where Felicity and Oliver are both likeable people. Season 5 of Arrow has pretty much put me off anything for Oliver/Felicity that is even vaguely related to current in-show events so AU is pretty much the only thing I read these days. The more AU the better. (FiCoN excluded - I ditched that one a number of chapters ago because I feel like the authors have successfully created a very unlikeable version of Felicity which is a shame since she is my favorite Arrow character)

Edited by sara1121

To me the whole point of the fic is getting Oliver to the point where he wants to overcome and get out of his situation, and he's just now starting to get there - to want something more for himself, and to do what he has to in order to get it (with a little bit of help from people who care about him). Seems to me that's the parallel with the show. It's a sweet fic - and I think the author is doing just enough to walk the line of Oliver accepting kindness and offering what he can in return so he doesn't come off like a lazy-ass freeloader. 

if I couldn't handle a little bit of nonsense in my fiction I wouldn't be watching Arrow in the first place. 

Yep, same.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, bijoux said:

In a surprising turn of events, I read a FiCoN ficlet and am feeling positive about it. It's set in Bed, Bath and Beyond, so my reasons for reading are pretty clear. Among other things - Oliver, the housemaking monster, references to Oliver and Roy's relationship - it features Felicity disciplining Ellie and being very positive towards Jules. Plus, there is a Jules moment where I could picture my niece talking to her younger brother.

https://so-caffeinated.tumblr.com/post/159099136389/slight-deviation-from-the-prompt-right-after-i

That actually was really sweet. I'm such a sucker for domestic Oliver. 

37 minutes ago, sara1121 said:

I vaguely remembered she said in the notes for one of her other stories that English isn't her first language, so I double checked and that is correct. I'm just reading it for the feels also. I've sometimes felt that Oliver could be doing more to get himself out of the situation, but honestly I don't care that much because it's  a sweet story where Felicity and Oliver are both likeable people. Season 5 of Arrow has pretty much put me off anything for Oliver/Felicity that is even vaguely related to current in-show events so AU is pretty much the only thing I read these days. The more AU the better. (FiCoN excluded - I ditched that one a number of chapters ago because I feel like the authors have successfully created a very unlikeable version of Felicity which is a shame since she is my favorite Arrow character)

If this is what show Felicity was like, well I wouldn't be watching. But if I was I'd be shipping Oliver/Sara or Oliver/Dinah right now, and I would totally get where anti-Felicity peeps were coming from. 

(edited)

I would probably be wishing for someone better for Sara than that Oliver. Generally I like So_Caffeinated's chapters more than Bre's.  But as my  mother would say to me, "De gustibus non est disputantum. " (Taste cannot be argued about.)  She was big on the Latin quotations.

Two fic from board members that I'm enjoying for the fluff:

More Than Blue by mellowyellowdiamonds.  An AU in which Palmer Tech exectuve Felicity tries a no strings attached affair with playboy Oliver Queen

A Little Less Song and a Lot More Action by bettername2come. After the Music Meister has finished with Barry and Kara, he sets his sights on Oliver and Felicity.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I would probably be wishing for someone better for Sara than that Oliver. Generally I like So_Caffeinated's chapters more than Bre's.  But as my  mother would say to me, "De gustibus non est disputantum. " (Taste cannot be argued about.)  She was big on the Latin quotations.

Two fic from board members that I'm enjoying for the fluff:

More Than Blue by mellowyellowdiamonds.  An AU in which Palmer Tech exectuve Felicity tries a no strings attached affair with playboy Oliver Queen

A Little Less Song and a Lot More Action by bettername2come. After the Music Meister has finished with Barry and Kara, he sets his sights on Oliver and Felicity.

Both sound good.  I'm going to really keep an eye on the Music Meister one since it's just what I wanted after watching the musical episode, but want to wait until it's no longer a WiP.  Still, I gave in and read the first part of the chapter.  Current favorite line.

“Damn it, Barry,” Diggle said, reaching for his cell phone. “What have you dragged us into this time?”

• Love 2

Now that its hiatus time, and I actually have tiny bits of spare time in my life, I can actually get back into fic. Anyone know a good place to get started? Its been awhile.  Much appreciated!

8 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Now that its hiatus time, and I actually have tiny bits of spare time in my life, I can actually get back into fic. Anyone know a good place to get started? Its been awhile.  Much appreciated!

To Sacrifice the Sun: http://archiveofourown.org/works/7510744/chapters/17073520

Keep it Professional: http://archiveofourown.org/works/9243455/chapters/20960405

Icing on the Cake: http://archiveofourown.org/works/9828935/chapters/22070231

A Soul Lost At Sea: http://archiveofourown.org/works/8181362/chapters/18742952

Deceive, Inveigle, and Obfuscate: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6452551/chapters/14767405

Tethered: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5552372/chapters/12807005

In Another Life (I could be your man): http://archiveofourown.org/works/8944795/chapters/20475253

These are the ones that update on a more regular basis...

• Love 1

@Mellowyellow Your fic is adorable. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Spoiler

I enjoyed how it sets up the classic miscommunication trope with both of them not wanting to push the issue because they don't want to lose the other. Also, Barry pointing out all the things Oliver is doing basically creating a home for them and Felicity going "I can read signs" is too funny.

Next up on my list, @bettername2come's fic!

5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

@Mellowyellow Your fic is adorable. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Reveal hidden contents

I enjoyed how it sets up the classic miscommunication trope with both of them not wanting to push the issue because they don't want to lose the other. Also, Barry pointing out all the things Oliver is doing basically creating a home for them and Felicity going "I can read signs" is too funny.

Awww thank you! haha she's my least sensible version of Felicity! You've read the warnings right?

22 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Awww thank you! haha she's my least sensible version of Felicity! You've read the warnings right?

I have, yes :) I also like that you didn't make Ray an idiot. And while I never before considered pairing him with you know who, I approve!

• Love 1