Type keyword(s) to search

Jimmy Kimmel Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Genius said:

Kimmel was new last night and even though the day was filled with criticism for his bit at the Emmys and disrespecting Quinta Brunson, he did not mention it ONCE.  She's supposed to be on the show tonight so maybe he's saving it, but still, you would have thought he'd address it right away.

Was last night’s show recorded Monday? 
(Colbert’s was)

2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Was last night’s show recorded Monday? 

He spoke of the Emmys and detailed table-mate Andrew Garfield's ninja assassin catching of a spear-tip so it was definitely recorded yesterday.

• Like 2

I missed whatever happened at the Emmys. I love Quinta Brunson, so if he did anything disrespectful of her, I will probably hate whatever he did. I'm almost afraid to look for it.

I'm trying to figure out if he's the same Kimmel who lived in the neighborhood where a childhood friend of mine grew up. I still remember going to her place and there was a lot of yelling back and forth in a kind of street heckling dynamic between her and some guy on the sidewalk whose last name was Kimmel. I can't remember what his first name was, though. I think she just called him by his last name only.

31 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I missed whatever happened at the Emmys. I love Quinta Brunson, so if he did anything disrespectful of her, I will probably hate whatever he did. I'm almost afraid to look for it.

I missed that too, so:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/emmys-jimmy-kimmel-quinta-brunson-speech-backlash-1235218984/

33 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I'm trying to figure out if he's the same Kimmel who lived in the neighborhood where a childhood friend of mine grew up. I still remember going to her place and there was a lot of yelling back and forth in a kind of street heckling dynamic between her and some guy on the sidewalk whose last name was Kimmel. I can't remember what his first name was, though. I think she just called him by his last name only.

Where did your friend live?

Kimmel was born in Brooklyn, New York, and grew up in the neighborhood of Mill Basin[3] as the eldest of three children of Joan (Iacono) and James John Kimmel, who worked at American Express and was an IBM executive.[5][6][7]
He was raised Catholic and, as a child, was an altar server.[8] . . .
The family moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, when he was nine years old.[5] 

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Kimmel#Early_life_and_family)

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, Genius said:

Kimmel was new last night and even though the day was filled with criticism for his bit at the Emmys and disrespecting Quinta Brunson, he did not mention it ONCE.  She's supposed to be on the show tonight so maybe he's saving it, but still, you would have thought he'd address it right away.

I guess this means they're okay now???

and then:

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I thought Austin Butler  was awesome 1/09/23!

His impersonations of Christopher Walken  and Quentin Tarantino are perfect! 

It was a great segment altogether! 

BTW, this was the first time I noticed Jimmy has a basic name plate on his desk, like on a low-level employee’s desk.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I thought it was really mean of Jimmy to scare Guirermo (sp?) with the snake in his basket during that bit last night!!  Just sayin'.  When someone is afraid of snakes ...

Isn't there a chance Guillermo was either faking being afraid or that they did the camera angles so he was never that close to it?

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I was just waiting for Matt Damon and he didn't disappoint.  I just wish he had more time.

It was good, but I think the bit at the end would have landed even better if he hadn’t already been briefly seen earlier in the show.

Edited by opus
  • Like 1

Yes! Here's  the thing: Jimmy was setting Jeremy up for a laugh (punchline) about his "hobby" of collecting firetrucks and other large utilitarian vehicles. But Jeremy got the better of Jimmy when he described turning a firetruck into a traveling party for children! 

Metallica guys rocked, too! 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Yes! Here's  the thing: Jimmy was setting Jeremy up for a laugh (punchline) about his "hobby" of collecting firetrucks and other large utilitarian vehicles. But Jeremy got the better of Jimmy when he described turning a firetruck into a traveling party for children! 

Pretty sure Jimmy knew where that was going –— or at least his writers of his cue cards for the interview did.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Pretty sure Jimmy knew where that was going –— or at least his writers of his cue cards for the interview did.

True enough, as the Party Truck photos were at hand. But that doesn't preclude Jimmy's trying first to get a laugh at Jeremy's expense (Jimmy's gotta Jimmy), but the audience was 100% with Jeremy. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

the audience was 100% with Jeremy. 

Yes, as will be anyone anywhere who sees that interview with Jeremy Renner — which also demonstrates Jimmy's history of supporting those in need of medical help, as well as those supporting those in need; Jimmy mostly sat back and let Jeremy run with it. 

Thinking of how likeable and inspiring and reassuring Jeremy Renner came across for all the right reasons in that interview, and also a similarity of physical appearance if not actual phenotype, I am oddly thinking of him as an American version of  Volodymyr Zelensky, that is: part real life super hero, but also an actor.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes, as will be anyone anywhere who sees that interview with Jeremy Renner — which also demonstrates Jimmy's history of supporting those in need of medical help, as well as those supporting those in need; Jimmy mostly sat back and let Jeremy run with it. 

Thinking of how likeable and inspiring and reassuring Jeremy Renner came across for all the right reasons in that interview, and also a similarity of physical appearance if not actual phenotype, I am oddly thinking of him as an American version of  Volodymyr Zelensky, that is: part real life super hero, but also an actor.

I'm  going to come clean, but it means a digression: I had always liked JK, his humor, his personality, his politics. Until he singled out Austin Butler at the Oscars for a razz about "still" sounding like Elvis. It's  a whole Internet thing and, as I said, a digression here. So now I'm not such a fan. 

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm  going to come clean, but it means a digression: I had always liked JK, his humor, his personality, his politics. Until he singled out Austin Butler at the Oscars for a razz about "still" sounding like Elvis. It's  a whole Internet thing and, as I said, a digression here. So now I'm not such a fan. 

I didn't see that, but Jimmy Kimmel has spent time on my sh!te list too. Colbert sometimes grosses me out too.
But I have some stupid crap in my past too.🤷🏻‍♀️

Haven’t watched Mondays show yet. I hope they address the whole scandal with Guillermo and the Chihuahuas. I’m feeling he got rid of them & got caught & is now making excuses.
Poor dogs, but they are better off now. 
I wish they would get rid of him. He comes across as low on the intelligence scale & quite annoying. But I guess it pays well. 

• Like 1

Never heard Jimmy's "circle jerk" reference before & I "got it" immediately & LOL'd.

With respect to the dogs & snake, that type of scenario happens so quickly, people are more concerned with the baby in the carriage, I'd imagine.

18 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Never heard Jimmy's "circle jerk" reference before & I "got it" immediately & LOL'd.

With respect to the dogs & snake, that type of scenario happens so quickly, people are more concerned with the baby in the carriage, I'd imagine.

So the piece of shit decided to film the whole thing, instead of grabbing the baby carriage  and shooing the dogs away?  Normal peoples first reaction is to put the phone down and do some thing about the situation

• Like 2

He's the only source of sanity I can see anywhere out there. I have no idea how much he's paid. Could they make him a super sweet offer for say, another five years or so? Get Jimmy a Mahomes deal'd be a good idea. Just for a package of 5 yrs. for, say, about $250M'd be good.

Jimmy, DON'T LEAVE US ALONE WITH ALL OF THIS MADNESS!!!           😱

• Like 2

Thursday 21st March

[KIMMEL]…Can you share wisdom with us? I’m sure you get this question a lot.

[WILLIAM SHATNER] Well, that’s the problem. There is no wisdom. If you’re a dumb young person and you don’t do something about it, then you’re a dumb old person.

And, of course, Regina King is always amazing:

Having a fish thrown at me and ending up with fish blood (juice?) on my sweater for the night would be my worst nightmare. Ugh, I *hate* fish!!! That poor front row woman!

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Having a fish thrown at me and ending up with fish blood (juice?) on my sweater for the night would be my worst nightmare. Ugh, I *hate* fish!!! That poor front row woman!

The smell! 
Was that off script?

• Mind Blown 2
On 3/13/2024 at 12:25 AM, gimmyqueue said:

He's the only source of sanity I can see anywhere out there. I have no idea how much he's paid. Could they make him a super sweet offer for say, another five years or so? Get Jimmy a Mahomes deal'd be a good idea. Just for a package of 5 yrs. for, say, about $250M'd be good.

I just have to flush out my previous post:

He and his show (writers, staff, etc.) are so much better than Seth, Colbert, et al, that there's no comparison. JK's got the talent for this job. I've watched late night shows since Jack Paar and Johnny Carson. I remember when that dolt, Letterman came on in the 80s, lovable tho he can be, he's a complete idiot sometimes. Kimmel, on the other hand, seems to try to be an idiot, and he succeeds, (see ManShow or CrankYankers, or where he inserts cuss words, etc. -- hey, nobody's perfect),  but damn does he relate with people, and draw out the very best from every body he has on his show. It's a talent, a gift that none of the rest possess. Then there's his monologue, to which some credit must go to his writers at ABC, but he's the talent, and I'm sure the main contributor to the script. Nobody has ever compared to Jimmy Kimmel, and I've watched them all.

Now as to how much he's paid...let me google that for ya one sec.:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a42711108/jimmy-kimmel-net-worth/

So what is Jimmy Kimmel's net worth? Oh, just $50 million buckaroonies, according to Celebrity Net Worth.

Additionally Cosmo said he gets like $15M/yr. I don't care, and tho he's bought a few houses, etc., Jimmy don't act like it's his end-all, be-all, either. He's bigger than some stupid money. And if his damn show wasn't always near the bottom of the talk show ratings (shows the kind of taste and IQ that the American viewing public has) he might get some kind of Mahomesian offer to sign another 5 years.

But BOY will miss him. Hell, the USA is nearing Civil War II so there won't be any TV or electricity anyway. So it really doesn't matter much. I heard Craig Carton say how Jimmy's "not funny." That was all it took for me to continue watching Carton's stupid show, the crazy ARodgers-loving SOB can KMA.

He's the king of all late night talk shows, ever!

Hey Red Bridey, thank you for the post. Nobody has touched this thread since back in March 22. Most in here don't seem to like Kimmel much. That's sad.

10 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

I just love Jimmy and his delightful relationship with batshit crazy Mike Lindell! He's so kind in a snarky way, it's totally entertaining!

He is a kind hearted idjit, God love him. He treats any jagoff with dignity and respect, but then won't hold back on a sharp snark. He gets Guillermo on a regular basis. An example would be asking Guillermo if he'd seen the news like so: "Guillermo, did you see the Trump trial today? Probly not." Haha. But he'll invite idiots like Lindell on his show, or anything. Very unusual guy he is. Heart as big as a house, best describes Jimmy. Smart too, way better monologues than any of the other hosts. I will surely miss that guy. :(

Edited by gimmyqueue
correction
  • Thanks 1